Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skewetoo posted:

Joke world.

I heard a new term today. Toxic positivity.

It's a great term, and even though she doesn't use it, Barbara Ehrenreich wrote a book about the ideology, and here's a pretty good talk by her on the topic from awhile back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvwyhSeLZT8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lenin Stimpy posted:

It's a great term, and even though she doesn't use it, Barbara Ehrenreich wrote a book about the ideology, and here's a pretty good talk by her on the topic from awhile back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvwyhSeLZT8

Thanks!

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMIxMUYWH8Y

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm also glad since once Sept hits all the places will be flooded with boomers who want to follow the rules and also pay for their purchases at Publix with a paper check.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

fosborb posted:

Iowa hosed up with their anti mask mandate law and applied it to private schools as well

rich parents are just realizing this and are pissed lol

LMFAO

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Thoguh posted:

Probably in the form of a tax credit that, among other things, will require a notorized signature from the person that docked your pay and if they won't sign then tough luck buckaroo.

I dunno he said he directed Education to pay them 100% of their salaries.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

meet girls at the store posted:

I thought she announced that she was going to shut the gently caress up?
lol that lasted all of 5 minutes then she deleted the tweets and starting up her bullshit again

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Tzen posted:

lol that lasted all of 5 minutes then she deleted the tweets and starting up her bullshit again

most relatable thing she's ever done or said tbf

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Greg Legg posted:

What happened to MadJackal?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Zisky posted:

Biden just announced the federal government will pay the salaries of school boards/teachers that have their pay docked for mandating masks.

it's the most liberal thing ever to instead try and push back in every fashion against the GOP doing absolutely illegal things libs come in and do a weird haphazard fix.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Google Butt posted:

trying to imagine healthcare 3 years from now after wave after wave this severe

The cool thing is the ignorant rear end in a top hat fuckers that refuse to vaxx and mask are imploding health care. Even if hospitals weren't full right now, quality of care is just loving poo poo now. The massive loss of staff has not been addressed and throw the huge volume of patients on the pile and everyone is getting poo poo care.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Asproigerosis posted:

The cool thing is the ignorant rear end in a top hat fuckers that refuse to vaxx and mask are imploding health care. Even if hospitals weren't full right now, quality of care is just loving poo poo now. The massive loss of staff has not been addressed and throw the huge volume of patients on the pile and everyone is getting poo poo care.

Don't worry, Biden just said he's gonna pay the salaries of school employees who get their salaries docked for mask mandates. He's got this.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Motherfucking....

KId who came to my sons birthday party has a loving fever (The party i did not want to have but was overrulled)

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

our little .2 boy did it, he fuckin did it :yaycloud:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
A month ago I was not on board with denying care to the unvaxxed (obviously not kids) but now I'm not so sure.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I am still 100% unironically pro re-education camps though.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Thoguh posted:

A month ago I was not on board with denying care to the unvaxxed (obviously not kids) but now I'm not so sure.

We deprioritize alcoholics for liver transplants. Why should this be any different?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Thoguh posted:

yeah the unvaccinated cops that don't get treated will surely take that answer from the hospital without doing anything about it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm loving furious right now about the entire bullshit with the diffident contrarian right wingers and then the fuckhead libs that refuse to do any pushback against them. So god drat angry. Get the national guard out there in their BBC gear and loving drag these motherfuckers out of their homes vaxx them and stable some loving masks to their face. I'm crack pinging I think the delta is reprogramming my brain right now.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

MadJackal pulled a Poochie and left lol
"I have to go, my uh private practice needs me"

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

Zisky posted:

Biden just announced the federal government will pay the salaries of school boards/teachers that have their pay docked for mandating masks.

Gotta means test it first

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm loving furious right now about the entire bullshit with the diffident contrarian right wingers and then the fuckhead libs that refuse to do any pushback against them. So god drat angry. Get the national guard out there in their BBC gear and loving drag these motherfuckers out of their homes vaxx them and stable some loving masks to their face. I'm crack pinging I think the delta is reprogramming my brain right now.

Not sure these are NIOSH approved.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Thoguh posted:

I am still 100% unironically pro re-education camps though.

it's the compromise position. reasonable middle ground. humane.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

I'm kind of scared that by not having a 3rd shot officially, they're going to wall poo poo off from me in a few months

Or the Delta booster will come out, but I won't be eligible because I didn't have an official 3rd shot

"Sorry friend! Get your 3rd shot right now and come back in 8 months for your Delta booster!"

Hopefully by then Shots 1-3 will all be Delta variant shots and I can do another speedrun

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Pillowpants posted:

Motherfucking....

KId who came to my sons birthday party has a loving fever (The party i did not want to have but was overrulled)

I’m sorry man. If it’s any consolation minor bugs are circulating among kids rn so maybe it’s not delta

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

My dad died in April because of the poo poo care at the VA hospital in Tucson. Complete lack of any standard of care. He coded and they didn't bother telling my family and sent him home less than a week later. He died two days after they sent him home. I work in healthcare and things have gotten massively worse because no one wants to work in healthcare and get tossed into the woodchipper. My facility had a single nurse and two CNAs covering two separate hallways of patients about 800 feet apart because everyone quit. Three people covering two hallways with a combined total of 80 fall-risk patients where they could only have eyes on 40 at a time.

I haven't worked since January, my wife is disabled and I got tired of only getting one n95 per week.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I wish we would abolish states, having different idiot rules every few hundred miles is dumb as hell.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

lmao. how could i have forgotten this beauty

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sylink posted:

I wish we would abolish states, having different idiot rules every few hundred miles is dumb as hell.

also things like have to re-do your drivers license and other IDs from scratch...

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pillowpants posted:

Motherfucking....

fuuuuuuuuck

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:lmao:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sylink posted:

muh federalism :qq:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SchrodingersCat posted:

My dad died in April because of the poo poo care at the VA hospital in Tucson. Complete lack of any standard of care. He coded and they didn't bother telling my family and sent him home less than a week later. He died two days after they sent him home. I work in healthcare and things have gotten massively worse because no one wants to work in healthcare and get tossed into the woodchipper. My facility had a single nurse and two CNAs covering two separate hallways of patients about 800 feet apart because everyone quit. Three people covering two hallways with a combined total of 80 fall-risk patients where they could only have eyes on 40 at a time.

I have a childhood friend with a history of drug abuse, and he is now somehow making six-figgies operating heavy machinery.

He's been posting on social media that he can get anyone hired who wants to be trained, and he's confused why no one wants to take him up on the offer and why there's so few people working in his factory.

He is vocally anti-vax.

Next 6 months are going to be a bloodbath for those who can't afford to stay home. Feels like the calm before a Tsunami.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Motherfucking....

Really sorry to hear that. That's awful.

(I hope this message has cured the party goers.)

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Week two of remote schooling this year while both parents wfh full time.

I want to die. :lol:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

McNugget Buddy posted:

I'm kind of scared that by not having a 3rd shot officially, they're going to wall poo poo off from me in a few months

Or the Delta booster will come out, but I won't be eligible because I didn't have an official 3rd shot

"Sorry friend! Get your 3rd shot right now and come back in 8 months for your Delta booster!"

Hopefully by then Shots 1-3 will all be Delta variant shots and I can do another speedrun

Just copy the details from your max titers card onto your original card. If any database check or whatever says oh you only have 2 shots just feign ignorance and adamantly claim it's a mistake. No system is infallible, there will be database entry fuckups, etc.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Lol it's a literal minion death cult hahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

McNugget Buddy posted:

Buddy you've got an excuse to go get a 4th shot like 2 months after your 3rd one right when the DTs are kicking in