Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Hmmm wonder why my job unceremoniously announced a two week hiatus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Thoguh posted:

Probably in the form of a tax credit that, among other things, will require a notorized signature from the person that docked your pay and if they won't sign then tough luck buckaroo.

Means-tested tax credit that you only qualify for if you made less than 1.5x the federal poverty threshold in 2019.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
pierce county washington just announced a mask mandate: https://www.tpchd.org/Home/Components/News/News/255/286

now almost every county around king is mandating masks... where the gently caress is our mandate???

hoping for a state wide one from inslee in 15 minutes

(lol there is no hope)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Pillowpants posted:

Motherfucking....

KId who came to my sons birthday party has a loving fever (The party i did not want to have but was overrulled)

well now you get to experience the greatest feeling of all: being right

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Where da fuc is the nose juice

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Motherfucking....

KId who came to my sons birthday party has a loving fever (The party i did not want to have but was overrulled)

Don't fret. There are massive outbreaks of RSV among school age kids right now so maybe it was that.

That's not good news either I'm very sorry you even have to worry about this.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Gio posted:

STOP COMMITTING FRAUD!!!

won’t someone please think of the rule followers???

I'm not committing fraud, I'm engaging in body modification

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ah a fellow Melburnian I see.

My "essential" coworkers get stopped for a permit check like every day. Not me though since I guess I'm too old/white.

Texan, Hidalgo County. Never once saw anyone get pulled over

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

Where da fuc is the nose juice

Bad news about nasal vaccines:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/scientists-debate-potential-benefits-of-intranasal-covid-19-vaccines

quote:

And it’s not yet clear if the mRNA vaccines that have been so important in the pandemic could be reformulated to be delivered intranasally.

“It may be possible but would take a lot of work and may require some new innovations,” Barney Graham, who led the team at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases that designed the Moderna vaccine, said in an email. “Delivery to the respiratory tract is complicated by the mucociliary blanket that covers the [upper] airways. There are other groups working on it.”

An intranasally administered mRNA vaccine isn’t likely to emerge soon, Krammer said, suggesting it might be a “next, next, next-gen vaccine.”

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

pierce county washington just announced a mask mandate: https://www.tpchd.org/Home/Components/News/News/255/286

now almost every county around king is mandating masks... where the gently caress is our mandate???

hoping for a state wide one from inslee in 15 minutes

(lol there is no hope)
yeah if Inslee doesn't make a statewide mandate in 10 minutes i'll be legit shocked

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
Local news about school staffing shortages

quote:

“We currently have three open special education teaching positions and a few [...] paraprofessional positions, aids to teachers,” Venn said.

:lol: can't believe nobody wants to die for those choice gigs

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Sylink posted:

I wish we would abolish states, having different idiot rules every few hundred miles is dumb as hell.

I think it's Indiana (but it may be Arizona) where each county decides if it wants to do daylight savings time or not. It's the dumbest thing.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
as fast as florida can build new tent hospital spaces they're filling them to new record numbers

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/451370-florida-hospitals-report-another-record-high-level-of-covid-19-hospitalizations/

quote:

The Florida Hospitalization Association is reporting a new high in active hospitalizations for COVID-19 with 16,721 people hospitalized in the state.

Wednesday’s update shows a net increase of 200 more hospitalizations over the day prior. It also shows the state with nearly two-thirds more hospitalizations than during the previous peak in July 2020.

Florida hospitals admitted another 2,695 COVID-19 patients Tuesday.

Nearly 36% of all patients in hospitals have the disease. Additionally, 55% of those in ICUs have the virus.

The FHA also showed 23,335 new cases in the Sunshine State Tuesday.

36% of all hospital patients and 55% of all ICU patients are covid in florida :stare:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McCracAttack posted:

Don't fret. There are massive outbreaks of RSV among school age kids right now so maybe it was that.

That's not good news either I'm very sorry you even have to worry about this.

RSV vaccines should be out by next year, so the fact that there's all this light at the end of the tunnel and we keep pulling a Dale Earnhardt into the wall is infuriating

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I have a cousin who just had emergency surgery this morning for a twisted section of intestine, they had to remove the offending section and then reconnect everything, it went fine. Anyway the group text mentioned that there are no hospital beds left in Fort Worth so she'll have to just stay in recovery for the next 3-5 days or until one opens (good luck with that). Apparently they are currently diverting patients to OK and AR* from there.

So if you're in pretty much ANY part of Texas then try not to do anything stupid for the foreseeable future I guess

* I thought Arkansas was already just about out of beds too :shrug:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

as fast as florida can build new tent hospital spaces they're filling them to new record numbers

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/451370-florida-hospitals-report-another-record-high-level-of-covid-19-hospitalizations/

36% of all hospital patients and 55% of all ICU patients are covid in florida :stare:

There will be a documentary in 30 years excavating all the buried ventilators like they did with the ET Atari 2600 cartridges

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Rasczak posted:

I have a cousin who just had emergency surgery this morning for a twisted section of intestine, they had to remove the offending section and then reconnect everything, it went fine. Anyway the group text mentioned that there are no hospital beds left in Fort Worth so she'll have to just stay in recovery for the next 3-5 days or until one opens (good luck with that). Apparently they are currently diverting patients to OK and AR* from there.

So if you're in pretty much ANY part of Texas then try not to do anything stupid for the foreseeable future I guess

they're diverting the patients to a nice farm in the country where they can have a nice life

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Pillowpants posted:

Motherfucking....

Damnit, this sucks dude :(

But as was said, could turn out to be something else as young kids are behind on their standard plagues and getting caught up at the moment! And individual odds are still in your kids favor even if it is covid, even if it is monstrous to subject a population to it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Seriously considering pausing weight lifting for now

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Google Butt posted:

Seriously considering pausing weight lifting for now

b-b-but the gains

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rasczak posted:

How soon before caravans from the South start making 12-hour drives North to find ER's?

Game Over is going to be when blue states stop accepting patients from out-of-state

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Forseti posted:

Damnit, this sucks dude :(

But as was said, could turn out to be something else as young kids are behind on their standard plagues and getting caught up at the moment! And individual odds are still in your kids favor even if it is covid, even if it is monstrous to subject a population to it.

For sure. My kid popped a fever over the weekend from a mild non-COVID cold and oops double ear infection. Kids are still gonna get sick with plenty of non-COVID stuff but now you have to panic and worry about a runny nose.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

b-b-but the gains

Yeah, exactly. Considering just going to body weight and bands for a couple months..

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
https://www.tvw.org/watch/?clientID=9375922947&eventID=2021081066 if anybody else wants to watch Inslee rationalize why we don't need a mask mandate here. Starts in a few minutes.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Rasczak posted:

:(

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

Schnorkles posted:

*chuckles*

I'm in danger

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Kreeblah posted:

https://www.tvw.org/watch/?clientID=9375922947&eventID=2021081066 if anybody else wants to watch Inslee rationalize why we don't need a mask mandate here. Starts in a few minutes.

so he called a press conference to reassure everyone that doing nothing and continuing to accelerate into the wall is actually the best course of action?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

I do wonder if there are actual limits to DeSantis' "own the libs" politics. Like how fast do the bodies need to stack before people are like "wait... my dad coughing up blood doesn't own the libs at all!"

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
good summary of how back to school is going: https://www.axios.com/students-covid-quarantine-schools-mask-mandates-f8491fa8-c041-492e-933a-5d3a266efed8.html

quote:

By the numbers: About 20,000 Mississippi students were quarantined due to possible COVID-19 exposure as of Tuesday, a state health official said, per AP.

Nearly 6,000 students and more than 300 staff members in Florida's Hillsborough County school district were quarantining or isolating as of Monday, officials said.

More than 3,000 students and staff in a New Orleans school district were quarantining as of Monday afternoon, according to NOLA Public Schools. The district reported nearly 300 active coronavirus cases.

Roughly 1,200 students in Georgia's Cherokee County School District have been ordered to quarantine since the beginning of the school year, the New York Times reported.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

just imaging ur avatar sitting at the computer staring at story after story about Florida

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
how exactly are non covid colds spreading at all or am i just in a wfh/software area where people aren't horrendously going to brunch every single day for the last 8 months and completely treating this as never existing in the first place

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

lol

lmao

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

new C-SPAM vax strat just dropped

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

QUESTION.

Is school in session if everyone is quarantining?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Did anything come from the "good news" from way back this morning that maybe the vaccine is actually effective at preventing delta, it's just that all those dang unvaccinated kids are screwing up the metrics by dying?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Stereotype posted:

so he called a press conference to reassure everyone that doing nothing and continuing to accelerate into the wall is actually the best course of action?

That's what I expect to happen, given his last big press conference of "Well, masks are good, but we wouldn't want to diminish the benefits of getting vaccinated by mandating them. But you should wear them, if you want." We'll see shortly, though!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Stereotype posted:

well now you get to experience the greatest feeling of all: being right

The other day my wife let a neighbor that we were talking to in the driveway hold our baby because he put on a mask so it was safe.

A cloth mask, and the guy is vaxxed but followed CDC guidelines and has been acting like 2019 since May. We uh, did not agree on that.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Kreeblah posted:

the tell will be if he shows up to the meeting masked

he was masked in every single presser when it was recommended by the CDC. then after the CDC unmasking and his unmasking he has been unmasked at every presser (even though there are at least camera staff and a sign language interpretor in the room)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

post COVID posted:

new C-SPAM vax strat just dropped

breaking into the CDC to steal the last vial of SARS next to Smallpox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Open Biden leading to permanent spring break :hmmyes: