Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ah, a fellow climate change poster I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

The VP is going to Vietnam to tell them that America is back!

Vice President Kamala Harris is set to travel to Singapore and Vietnam later this month, becoming the highest-ranking Biden administration official to visit Asia so far.
"Her trip will build on the Biden-Harris Administration's message to the world: America is back," her office said in a statement.
The statement continued, "Our Administration sees Asia as a critically important region in the world. The Vice President's visit will emphasize the importance of comprehensive engagement and strategic partnerships -- key components of our Administration's approach to foreign policy."

PeterCat has issued a correction as of 01:00 on Aug 19, 2021

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

It doesn't really matter what the source is when the point is that it was published in the Washington Post at all. I'm not trying to convince anyone that genocide in Xinjiang is or isn't happening, here, only that the WaPo was critical of the assertion once. (Or allowed criticism of the assertion on their platform - iirc it was an article about broader anti-Asian sentiment during COVID that was also critical of reporting on Xinjiang, but it may have been an opinion piece.)

And I'm having trouble showing even that so your lol is justified but misdirected.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

rguy did nothing wrong

rguy sucked major rear end. I'm glad he's gone.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

loquacius posted:

Someone had the presence of mind to screenshot the punchline of noodle saga

https://twitter.com/Hellachans/status/1427842477642293248?t=uVNbyuNhlOrpbtulX6wC7g&s=19

to be fair she probably is getting hate messages from nazis but also she was calling everyone who disagreed with her a nazi so

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKC21wDarBo

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
online politics have been just top notch lately. just A+ content for the last week or so

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

PeterCat posted:

Vice President Kamala Harris is set to travel to Singapore and Vietnam later this month, becoming the highest-ranking Biden administration official to visit Asia so far.
"Her trip will build on the Biden-Harris Administration's message to the world: America is back," her office said in a statement.
The statement continued, "Our Administration sees Asia as a critically important region in the world. The Vice President's visit will emphasize the importance of comprehensive engagement and strategic partnerships -- key components of our Administration's approach to foreign policy."

A good opportunity for her to talk about her critical role in america pulling out of afghanistan.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

A good opportunity for her to talk about her critical role in america pulling out of afghanistan.

I'm lolling at the VP showing up in Vietnam and announcing "America is back!"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Tired, fired jokerism:

Wired, inspired jokerism:

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Rubellavator posted:

to be fair she probably is getting hate messages from nazis but also she was calling everyone who disagreed with her a nazi so

this exact dynamic happens in literally every single flame war involving a radlib:

1. radlib says something abysmally stupid
2. radlib claims all their critics are nazis
3. actual nazis agree that all radlib critics are nazis, in order to recruit
4. more actual nazis who did not have to become nazis, if a better critic of liberalism had gotten there first

i'm sure it's all just an accident or a coincidence though :thunk:

1982 Subaru Brat has issued a correction as of 01:28 on Aug 19, 2021

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

TheDisreputableDog posted:

We were told we just needed to ask for asylum…

Do not come.

Do not come.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1428095468374986760?s=20

I have a feeling that if Trump responded to our military brutally murdering desperate people as we scramble in a desperate retreat by being unable to guess when it even happened just two days later the response would be ...extremely different to say the least

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

Do not come.

Do not come.

i'm gonna salaam alay-cum

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

online politics have been just top notch lately. just A+ content for the last week or so

things do seem extra... unhinged lately.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Operation Open Biden has failed and people are afraid that they're gonna get locked down with their dying children for another school year and the thought of not having free daycare AGAIN is making the worms go into a frenzy

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
don't think people have to worry about lockdowns, they're never gonna make that mistake again

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

this is just the beginning too. just wait until the fear about losing the midterms sets in. then the reality of losing the midterms. then trump re-entering the picture.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

COVID is surging, the economy is becoming increasingly rickety, and the first major foreign policy decision of the administration was an absolute shitshow. If you voted for Biden under the expectation that none of those things would happen, well...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rectal Death Adept posted:

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1428095468374986760?s=20

I have a feeling that if Trump responded to our military brutally murdering desperate people as we scramble in a desperate retreat by being unable to guess when it even happened just two days later the response would be ...extremely different to say the least

I thought Biden was the empathy guy heh. It was kinda shocking how little of a poo poo he even pretended to give about the people falling off planes and storming the airport.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

is pepsi ok posted:

this is just the beginning too. just wait until the fear about losing the midterms sets in. then the reality of losing the midterms. then trump re-entering the picture.

newsom losing the recall is going to make this even more wild and unhinged

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

is pepsi ok posted:

itll be this but with TMURP

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shipon posted:

newsom losing the recall is going to make this even more wild and unhinged

I’ve heard multiple California Democrats basically say “I want to tell newsom to gently caress off but idk about the replacements” which seems like a bad place for dems to be in

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Just discovered the Destiny saga by way of some of Vaush's old videos (yes, yes, I know shut up) and LMAO drat. I'd heard he was bad but I wasn't prepared for just how much he sucks. I don't think I've seen a better example in my life of the way centrist liberals tend to become conservatives over time as their core assumptions about the system they benefit from are challenged and they are forced to chose between upholding the values they pretend to care about and keeping the privileges the system provides. It's loving surreal to watch and I'd put decent money on this guy going full Dave Rubin at some point and posting one of those "why I left the left" screeds. I mean he's already lost a podcast and a potential political career because he's super passionate about his right to say racial slurs in private, so...

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

I’ve heard multiple California Democrats basically say “I want to tell newsom to gently caress off but idk about the replacements” which seems like a bad place for dems to be in

seeing them loving tell people not to bother with question 2 in textbanks is so monumentally stupid if i didn't already know how dumb the democrats were i'd guess it was a psyop by the right

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

c'mon, man!

why why why why why why why

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1428143215048200194

lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

c'mon, man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RpxJT5w7Tc

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1428147945426223105

lmao

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

rguy did nothing wrong

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

Someone had the presence of mind to screenshot the punchline of noodle saga

https://twitter.com/Hellachans/status/1427842477642293248?t=uVNbyuNhlOrpbtulX6wC7g&s=19

holy poo poo it's always this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

where's that cartoon with Numbers Fuckstein and Sexx Tricker

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/aHandedMissus/status/1428077709566042112?s=20

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

it rules that a straight up crazy lady is a member of the House. now thats representation

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

readingatwork posted:

Just discovered the Destiny saga by way of some of Vaush's old videos

what are you doing to yourself

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Lol @ Limp Bizkit in the background

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

loquacius posted:

where's that cartoon with Numbers Fuckstein and Sexx Tricker

here you go

https://twitter.com/beanytuesday/status/1018944312816619525

bonus

https://twitter.com/beanytuesday/status/1207349695930077184

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

These freaks have no purchase in either the Republican or Dem base. They're just floating thru the ether, malevolently.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

eviltastic posted:

I read the new Tom Friedman column, and we have a new Friedman Unit

ugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwFaSpca_3Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vim Fuego posted:

c'mon, man!

imagine if trump were president and had said that

- Late night would be wall to wall rants and sarcastic takes about it. a 10 minute laughless sketch on SNL this weekend where the only joke is that Trump is a murderer.
- Pelosi or other members of congress would be giving press conferences about how the lives of our allies don't become unimportant after a few days.
- Doctors would be posting opeds in NYT/Washpo saying Trump is unfit for command and should be 25thed
- 1,000 posts a day in USPOL ranting about Trump being a murderer with 5 new thread titles about Covefefe babyhand murder
- Celebrities crying and bawling on twitter about the injustice of Trump personally murdering people
- 4th/5th impeachment would be floated as a bare minimum, leaders on the left "Seriously considering" the 25th
- Screaming enraged politicians like Tilab/Booker yelling at people about the wholesale murder of innocent people by Trump personally as people like AOC tweet about accountability and injustice

Yet with Biden there is light questioning by the media and then silence. All of the outspoken democrats kind of whistling and ignoring the murdered civilians while trying to wait the news cycle out.

I guess after 22 and 24 they'll be worried about bringing attention to what happens in the world, at least performatively, again.