Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Doctor posted:

Canada, baybeeee

Lol, which uni

I'm keeping an eye on the Montréal ones, but I suspect they'll be just as poor re: precautionary measures as other places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

PerniciousKnid posted:

So what's the easiest 3rd booster scam? Lie about immunocompromised, claim it's your first shot under a game name, claim it's your first under your real name...?

Edit: hey phone autocorrecting fake to game is too meta.

I dunno about anybody else, but I wouldn't want even the faintest hint of a chance of my insurance company thinking I might be immunocompromised. They already try to gently caress me over on the regular as it is.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

fosborb posted:

also lol if they all get legionnaires

The lack of legionnaires outbreaks this past year has surprised me.

btw it's well know that more vaccines equals better resistance so we shouldn't just stop at 20. Let's try hitting 100 covid shots lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

I dunno about anybody else, but I wouldn't want even the faintest hint of a chance of my insurance company thinking I might be immunocompromised. They already try to gently caress me over on the regular as it is.

They can't screw you with regards to immunocompromised status

of course if the pre-existing conditions poo poo gets nixed like every GOP ghoul wants to see happen, that'll change.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

PerniciousKnid posted:

So what's the easiest 3rd booster scam? Lie about immunocompromised, claim it's your first shot under a game name, claim it's your first under your real name...?

Edit: hey phone autocorrecting fake to game is too meta.

literally walked in the door, no appointment, said it’s our first dose, handed over ID bc idgaf, and then claimed no insurance when they asked. easy peazy gotblesh the usa

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Friend success story

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

We were locked into everyone getting covid eventually a long time ago. Anyone that doesn't vax is straight up loving stupid.

I'm hoping I can hold out getting covid until my baby gets a vax. lol

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
EYYYY Jay Inslee grew a loving little bit of a spine while I was out on a hike.

What a pleasant surprise.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Asproigerosis posted:

I had a dream last night about being in a horrific car accident and being put in a persistent vegetative state but I was in the matrix or something out of body still living normally reading the post in this thread by another delaware goon about my accident. Is this the delta taking over? I can't even think straight right now.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Chuka Umana posted:

The lack of legionnaires outbreaks this past year has surprised me.

btw it's well know that more vaccines equals better resistance so we shouldn't just stop at 20. Let's try hitting 100 covid shots lmao

to their credit this is a pretty well known potential issue and lots of facilities people had someone walk through regularly and flush toilets and run the fountains

but yeah, totally expected more out of small gas stations, etc

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

"yeah this is the first of my booster shots"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Got a response back from my email to the superintendent of my kids school district:

quote:

Good Afternoon, HiHo ChiRho.

Thank you for reaching out to me. I understand your concern and please know that we will do all that we can to use the mitigation strategies we have to keep children safe. To that end, each school will be responsible for ensuring that masks are worn like those mentioned in Addendum 11 from the State Department of Education (link was embedded in my communication to parents). The administration will be working with students to provide them with a mask if their mask does not meet the criteria in the addendum. We are following the most updated CDC guidance as well.

Sincerely,

Supernintendo Chalmers

Here's Addendum 11 for CT DOE, for reference:

Last updated August 2020. I'm making my kid go in surgical +kf94 combo and hope the latter supply lasts until the school goes into quarantine

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Acidity?

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
saying it was my first dose was easier and more believable than saying i was an educator like i might have done way back in february

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nursing-homes-covid-19-vaccine-staff-medicare-medicaid-funds-watch-live-stream-today-2021-08-18/

Federal nursing home funding will now require nursing homes to have vaccinated staff

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Got a response back from my email to the superintendent of my kids school district:

Last updated August 2020. I'm making my kid go in surgical +kf94 combo and hope the latter supply lasts until the school goes into quarantine

What do they mean you need medical clearance for a respirator, the one I have is also available at the local ACE hardware?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

It was my wife's first day back in the classroom with students today.

On her way home, she got an email that she'll need to do hybrid teaching starting tomorrow as one of her students that was in class today will now be quarantining.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

brugroffil posted:

On her way home, she got an email that she'll need to do hybrid teaching starting tomorrow as one of her students that was in class today will now be quarantining.

blammo

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

:lsd:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Bout drat time.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

TheMightyBoops posted:

What do they mean you need medical clearance for a respirator, the one I have is also available at the local ACE hardware?

CT Department of Education posted:

Tight-fitting filtering facepieces, like N95 respirators are designed to filter all air coming into the breathing zone of the wearer and to capture 95% of the extremely small particles present in things like respiratory aerosols. These masks are critical for use by healthcare workers treating COVID-19 infected
patients and are not recommended for use in schools, other than for healthcare staff who are active-ly engaged in aerosolizing procedures with students (e.g., nebulizer treatments). Not only are N95 respirators in short supply for the healthcare workers who need them most, they can be very difficult to wear or work in for long periods of time as they do offer some resistance during inhalation which increases the work of breathing.

Individuals who plan to wear an N95 respirators for their work need to be medically cleared to do so, need to have the individual model and style they will use professionally fit-tested, and need to be included in the organizations written respiratory protection program. Employers who provide N95 respirators for use by their employees are bound by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Respiratory Protection Standard (29 CFR § 1910.134).

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 19, 2021

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

brugroffil posted:

lol

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Not seeing PAPRs specifically banned. Still time to buy/steal/build one before schools open here, assuming our "constantly call in sick until vaccines are ready" plan meets resistance.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

31 days ago we only had 24k people hospitalized

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1416942528377540611

+65k people hospitalized in one month

everything is fine

11 days until we hit winter surge numbers and 40 until all the hospitals are full.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

we could have done this in June and been prepared

nothing has been a better demonstration than the US federal response to covid that help only comes when there is no choice left

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

*steps foot inside elementary school, immediately catches covid*

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

My wife is telling me Chris Ga.... Garth Brooks' wife got the roni, and that is the reason for the tour cancellation.

Apologies if this has been covered, I try to keep up with this thread but many such posts.

Lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

hey they updated their signs

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Motherfucking....

KId who came to my sons birthday party has a loving fever (The party i did not want to have but was overrulled)

My grandma is nuts about birthday parties. I put mine off last year because covid was running full rip by late October and it ended up having the side effect of also cancelling everybody else's birthday until I decided I'd let her do mine because nobody is allowed to simply not have a birthday party

Anyway I'm probably going to have to pull that trick again this year

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah there are stringent requirements for using n95s (annual fit testing and medical clearance) all mandated by OSHA regulation. Frankly I'm not sure how they could deny someone using it in an work activity that doesn't require it and thus not subject to OSHA regs. It's not like meeting the requirements would be difficult, it's just that they most certainly don't have any experience in doing it and the paradoxical liability of trying to figure it out and failing at it instead of just giving you no protection and letting you die to roni.

It's why there was such a stupid crisis early on where hospitals were refusing to allow staff to use their own masks or respirators. The letter of the law with OSHA is that it has to be supplied by the employer so they'd rather risk you getting covid from lack of ppe on their part than risk running afoul of OSHA by letting you use your own.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
I looked at Florida on Worldometer. Are they just not reporting deaths anymore? Positivity rates go up up up but deaths just completely drop off.

I know what my heart is telling me. Confirmation would be nice.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

BOGO LOAD posted:

I looked at Florida on Worldometer. Are they just not reporting deaths anymore? Positivity rates go up up up but deaths just completely drop off.

they are reporting when people died, not when they received the death certificate

that will, by design, always show deaths declining in the last 3 to 4 weeks

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BOGO LOAD posted:

deaths are a lagging indicator, a thing we must constantly relearn

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

fosborb posted:

also lol if they all get legionnaires

Speaking of

https://twitter.com/AHunting/status/1428145394211381248?s=19

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

BOGO LOAD posted:

Didn't Florida recently change its reporting process to report deaths on the day they occurred, rather than the day the deaths were reported, making it so that the stats always show a dip in the last few days, because death reporting isn't instantaneous but rather takes a few days?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Can someone in California who knows more than I do, explain what is up with CA numbers and:

1: kaisar data issues (?) causing an undercount

2: California waiting 7 days to report anything, and only on wednesdays/fridays??????? Or is that only my county, Santa Clara County? This change happened about a week ago I think.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They can't screw you with regards to immunocompromised status

of course if the pre-existing conditions poo poo gets nixed like every GOP ghoul wants to see happen, that'll change.

Yeah, the thing is, I was diagnosed with heart failure a few weeks before I turned 32. So, my medical bills have been pretty big (last I checked, my insurance company had paid out around $300k, under great protest), and my insurance company has been fighting me every step of the way, even when it costs them more in the end because I refused to give up fighting them on poo poo.

Anyway, there's a chance I could need a transplant at some point. If my insurance company thought there was even a chance that I'm immunocompromised, I have no doubt that they'd be doing their best to get me kicked off the transplant list.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

My wife is telling me Chris Ga.... Garth Brooks' wife got the roni, and that is the reason for the tour cancellation.

Apologies if this has been covered, I try to keep up with this thread but many such posts.
lmao too good to be true

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Like at any point the cdc could draw up uniform reporting standards that all states must comply with but I guess it's just better for states to concoct whatever misinformation scheme they want.

All they have to do is loving copy paste the tuberculosis regs. Jesus christ that's all they had to do this entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Make it any place that takes Medicare, IMO, not just nursing homes.