Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

what is the american endgame here? just keep things open until every single hospital in the nation is overwhelmed? and then what? What the gently caress are we doing

the endgame that our leaders are aiming for is that eventually the problem goes away on its own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Moderna 3 is kicking my rear end a little bit but I think it's just the timing of the shot and I slept through the worst of 2.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
max titties

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TheMightyBoops posted:

I always think of that Dollop episode; I don’t remember which city had a lake that was so polluted that it just started on fire one day (I think I’m the 1800s) just as a reminder that things can always get worse in ways I’d never imagined.

It’s pretty comforting.

i think that was cleveland

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JustinGrayWSB/status/1428119465166770187?s=20

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Hey guys, I feel like a bunch of dead kids are really missing from my life. Does anyone know if there's any country in the world where I can get my fix for dead kids? I'd prefer someplace with good internet.

i had one all lined up for you but that last requirement is a real dealbreaker

day 5 of school. half the schools have had outbreaks already and one of my kids came home with a note citing they had 'indirect exposure' because the other kid was only in the same crowded classroom with them and sharing the same (unmasked) lunchtable so there's no risk and we can't cite it as a reason to quarantine

gently caress them so much they're not going back tomorrow

even better after parents raised hell they changed their "masks optional" policy to "masks optional your chud parents just have to send in a note"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1428013287791284229?s=20

lol that the juiced Lollapalooza numbers are being used by people nationwide to twist the narrative

Even if you believed that there was contact tracing the attendence number is an open lie so anybody repeating that is already giving themselves away.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I did try out the new COVID misinformation thing on Twitter just now on Krugman though even though it won't do anything.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Shear Modulus posted:

the endgame that our leaders are aiming for is that eventually the problem goes away on its own

I can only conclude that american leadership saw what happened to India with delta and thought it was a model to be emulated

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

WampaLord posted:

then go the Max Titers route and claim it's your first jab. Copy the info onto your real vax card with your name on it if you need to

Yeah, I know. I mentioned that mainly because I wanted to illustrate that there are ways insurance companies can screw you even without breaking the law, and how they might be incentivized to do so.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Shear Modulus posted:

I distinctly feel like they are not prepared for the problem of "100,00 actual dead children and the probable national psychosis that results"

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

oh my

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I haven’t gotten it but nobody should feel bad about getting a third shot before September

The US is not sharing more than a pittance with other countries and they’re letting them rot on the shelves

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

37,000 cases left to hit the winter max -10.5 days away

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I feel like we're collectively glossing over that the USA is reporting over 150,000 new cases! today! :sun:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Casey Finnigan posted:

I can only conclude that american leadership saw what happened to India with delta and thought it was a model to be emulated

india actually had lockdowns during their delta surge. lol no american city will ever lock down again

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Steve Yun posted:

Nobody should feel bad about getting a third shot before September

The US is not sharing more than a pittance with other countries and they’re letting them rot on the shelves

dang

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 19, 2021

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Casey Finnigan posted:

what is the american endgame here? just keep things open until every single hospital in the nation is overwhelmed? and then what? What the gently caress are we doing

Let somebody else do the hard poo poo. I don't want to anger the crazies who would never vote for me anyway, because what if it loses me the next election?!?!?!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kreeblah posted:

Yeah, I know. I mentioned that mainly because I wanted to illustrate that there are ways insurance companies can screw you even without breaking the law, and how they might be incentivized to do so.

poo poo's hosed up and bullshit!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

mod sassinator posted:

according to d&d china is built on a giant burial site of dead children and the government has to secretly just keep adding to the bodies every year, shoring up chinese cities with a foundation of more and more dead children.

Climate change! :argh:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

SKULL.GIF posted:

I feel like we're collectively glossing over that the USA is reporting over 150,000 new cases! today! :sun:

U S A! U S A! U S A! We're #1! [it's piss, the #1 that we are] :patriot:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I'm gonna learn mandarin and just loving move

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Steve Yun posted:

I haven’t gotten it but nobody should feel bad about getting a third shot before September

did we ever decide if billy-G getting the vaccine patent enforced was due to being an utter shithead about IP or because he's a malthusean who wants to cull the world population?
why not both?

gremlins two
Aug 14, 2019

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Moderna 3 is kicking my rear end a little bit but I think it's just the timing of the shot and I slept through the worst of 2.

same here. i had no reaction aside from a small, sore area at the injection site for the first two. this one, not so much. going on 30 hours since, hoping it's gone by the morning.

or not, it can do what it wants, it's better than COVID.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lenin Stimpy posted:

If people want ethically justified things to occur in this world, then we need to end democracy. There is no way countries with resources are going to humanitarianly give those resources away to other countries when they need those resources. It's why reparations will never happen in a democratic society, it's why truly open borders will never happen in a democratic society, and it's why people would never consider giving vaccines to other countries until there's no longer a shortage of supply, without some underlying selfish reason to do any of those things.

It's America First babey, and no matter how much liberals will try to deny it, all humans believe it to our very core. It's even more basic than country first really, it's: Me First. gently caress You Got Mine

we need to end capitalism, not democracy

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
a return to high cases should be comforting.

it just confirms that this is all, in fact, normal

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

NZ got 11 new cases. This is their biggest outbreak in a long time, all thanks to Sydney.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Casey Finnigan posted:

kill a bunch of people

watch as delta "goes away" in the fall. celebrate.

kill more people through the winter as vaccines wear off and people are like, eh, gently caress it, and don't get boosters

rinse and repeat forever

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I've been vaccinated fully since June and I've yet to put myself in a situation where anyone is obligated or required to verify my vaccination status.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I think I’m going to be the bigger man and forgive coronavirus. Anger only hurts me.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

NZ got 11 new cases. This is their biggest outbreak in a long time, all thanks to Sydney.

haha holy poo poo. if sydney takes down new zealand.... LMAO

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wow, that's some multi-layered bullshit. Do they make N95s that don't obviously say they're N95s? I guess you could just wear one with a surgical/cloth mask over it and say it's a KN95, they didn't say anything about those

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mod sassinator posted:

haha holy poo poo. if sydney takes down new zealand.... LMAO

pure anzac energy

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
every week right around now i think, wow this is pretty hosed up! and then i realize next week will be even more hosed up

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

McCracAttack posted:

Old Well

Everything and everyone is so loving stupid.
lmao the fuckin delta fountain

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
bondi beach isn't on the list of "LGA of interest"

let's see how seriously they're taking covid

https://twitter.com/shazzadut/status/1428164395515846656?s=20

lol

i hate this so loving much

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Just be careful with that FP article, it makes some misquotes from the Pfizer study like suggesting Pfizer did 8 months of data when it was 6, and saying antibody levels went down to zero when the study was checking overall efficacy and not antibody levels and says nothing about antibodies being completely gone at 8 months

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

My friends school announced that mouthpieces on brass instruments count as masks so they can have full band practice (safely)

His wife reported them to the state board of education in hopes the school gets stripped of accreditation

lol whoever runs that school is getting a promotion instead

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Casey Finnigan posted:

and then it will just go away like a dream because everyone is vaccinated and it's all fine and biden did so great and don't you want to re-elect him??? he beat the virus AND kept the economy open!!! and it only took 800,000 deaths to do it! all those deaths are trump's fault though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
fauci flapping his jaws about boosters: https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/dr-fauci-on-effectiveness-of-vaccine-booster-118989381977

lol he says we don't need a 4th shot after this one, that ~~the data~~ shows a third shot is good enough

a whole lot of non-answers otherwise