Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

When I first heard that people thought bow was easiest or best I was so confused and am still baffled by the idea of willingly choosing the bow.

Not a fan of the stock bow but the Chiron bow is absurdly powerful. It almost doesn't matter what boons you pick as long as you get good hammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Is a good shield run based entirely on abusing the special?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Depends on which aspect and what boons you get. I like going for Ares or Zeus on the special with the Chaos shield so I can just spread tons of damage among many targets quickly.

The shield's Attack has fairly high base damage and innate knockback though, so you can definitely build around that instead. It can be fun to go deep on Poseidon boons and just run around obliterating targets on walls and traps. Take Zeus in one of your other slots so you have a shot at the Sea Storms duo boon to really up your damage.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Toaster Beef posted:

Is a good shield run based entirely on abusing the special?

No shield attack is actually pretty good in default mode! Relies a lot on dash attacks and wall slams. The default aspect when leveled makes these even better

If you get the hammer that makes your charge a shot you also can do some crazy stuff like charge shot > dash attack and do loads of very quick damage

Chaos and Zeus aspects rely heavily on special abuse but you do have to use normal attacks too

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The console release of Recompile is X/S and PS5 only.

https://youtu.be/-jUcQPIWo6E

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They named it after what ps4 and bone couldnt do to their code

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ErrEff posted:

The console release of Recompile is X/S and PS5 only.

https://youtu.be/-jUcQPIWo6E

Ive never heard of this game but it looks really loving cool.

and its out on gamepass tomorrow. gently caress yeah! I mean wait, I'm still playing art of rally slow down bideo game industry.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Gamepass wins again, holy poo poo where the hell did Recompile come from??

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

yeah im going to join Team Recompile Looks Badass.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Recompile seems cool but it's got an incredibly difficult switch puzzle in one of the first areas, and it's too new of a game to even google a solution. I might try to find some enemies so I can farm bits to hack my way through, but since enemies only respawn if you die it's gonna be an annoying process.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!
That looks really cool

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Gamepass is the best thing ever. I've told a couple of guys at work that own xbox about it, and surprisingly they'd never heard of it before. It always takes people a while to comprehend the value you're getting - especially with that gold conversion trick : "What do you mean the games are free"

I downloaded Hades which I've wanted to try for ages, looking forward to trying it out and this Recompile game looks great too.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Dunno if its just me, but Hades achievements don't seem to pop for me after a quick resume, have to restart the game entirely. Bit annoying when you're doing the 50 rewards points daily achievement quest

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

hanyolo posted:

Dunno if its just me, but Hades achievements don't seem to pop for me after a quick resume, have to restart the game entirely. Bit annoying when you're doing the 50 rewards points daily achievement quest

It's the same for everyone. It's not just you! I assume they'll fix it.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Recompile isn't grabbing me after playing it for a bit. The jumping feels imprecise and slidey, and I can't see a way to adjust the aiming sensitivity and it's way too sensitive.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Bardeh posted:

Recompile isn't grabbing me after playing it for a bit. The jumping feels imprecise and slidey, and I can't see a way to adjust the aiming sensitivity and it's way too sensitive.

Ah, another me. This is why I had to uninstall it after 10 minutes, I couldn't time my jumps correctly and didn't feel like learning the gameplay.

Also I'm old and slow.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
There was quite a bit of interest in this thread for the Xbox Wireless Headset when it came out. Xbox announced today a wired version for $60 USD.

https://twitter.com/xbox/status/1428341310579085330?s=21

The wireless one is quite good for $100, so I hope this one also is high quality for the price.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Does anyone know when 12 Minutes is supposed to go live today?

Also did Gamepass auto-install MS Solitaire to anybody else's account or am I just going crazy?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

exquisite tea posted:

Does anyone know when 12 Minutes is supposed to go live today?

Also did Gamepass auto-install MS Solitaire to anybody else's account or am I just going crazy?

Isn't it live already? I installed it about 5 hours ago but it wasn't listed on gamepass, I searched for it. Or is that the pre-install? Haven't actually opened it yet.

edit: it is indeed the pre-install, should be out in about 52 minutes after the time of this edit.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 19, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

Next Game Pass Date Batch

COMING:
Today: Humankind (PC), Need for Speed Heat (Cloud via EA Play), Star Wars Battlefront II (Cloud via EA Play), Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Cloud via EA Play)
August 19: Recompile (Cloud, Console, and PC), Train Sim World 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC), Twelve Minutes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
August 25: Psychonauts 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
August 26: Myst (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
August 31: Blair Witch (Cloud, Console, and PC), Double Kick Heroes (Cloud, Console, and PC), NBA 2K21 (Cloud and Console), Stranger Things 3: The Game (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Myst, and Humankind are the big ones for me. I didn't realize Humankind was coming to GamePass.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Humankind seems pretty drat good to me and I really like some systems (outpost-city especially) but I’m just not looking to play Civ again. I need a decade long break or otherwise a truly innovative take on the genre.

I’m looking forward to 12 Minutes. I’m visiting family and figure it ought to be a good pass around the controller social game.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

I said come in! posted:

Myst, and Humankind are the big ones for me. I didn't realize Humankind was coming to GamePass.

Myst is a surprise and a welcome one having just completed Obduction with my wife. Is this a remaster, remake, or something else entirely?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a full 3D remake.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Perfect. Do riven next. then the rest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Full 3D remake with VR support.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1428404657467052043?s=20

Yessss

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Quite a deal for $10, and it will probably be on Game Pass by the end of the day if I had to guess.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I never played the original so I'll definitely play this if it's on Game Pass

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
It’s fuckin amazing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That sound good as hell, but wtf it should be on Game Pass for sure. Not gonna freak out because shadow dropping something like that probably has some issues, but Bethesda is first party now so gimme the drat game for free!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Guessing it will have RTX in the future too, because it mentions next gen patch coming soon.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just downloaded it via the phone app. All is forgiven Phil and Todd.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah my gamepass app says available 8/19 so I marked for install.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah my gamepass app says available 8/19 so I marked for install.
Niiiiice

Game Pass delivers again!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1428410280464293892?s=19

Holy crap Quake 3 Arena!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

:allears:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'm so conflicted on where I want to play Quake 1 though. Free on Gamepass, but Quake on Switch sounds oh so nice!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

BisterdDave posted:

I'm so conflicted on where I want to play Quake 1 though. Free on Gamepass, but Quake on Switch sounds oh so nice!

I just downloaded it on switch. Runs great

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic posted:

Niiiiice

Game Pass delivers again!

Even better news: It's only 2gb! That's the size of the intro FMV for new games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Some savage 12 minute reviews out there. Shame.