Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I just remembered to leave all of the line groups for that stupid job! Goddamn that felt good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

I just remembered to leave all of the line groups for that stupid job! Goddamn that felt good!

:slick:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

One of my coworkers is grieving and I just know my boss is going to make it a bad day. Gut feeling.

Escape From Noise

My ex boss texted me at 10 pm to ask where the computer I turned in yesterday, along with my insurance card and keys to the restaurant was. loving ask someone who works for you, like maybe the manager who I turned this all in to. What a child.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Predictably, this is an entire poo poo show. Holy gently caress.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

That sounds really bad.

Ass-penny

Mormon Nailer posted:

I don't want to get too extreme but maybe perhaps setting your boss on fire is a viable solution??

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

MN does your boss favor natural fibres or synthetic blends?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

I don't want to get too extreme but maybe perhaps setting your boss on fire is a viable solution??

Fire is always a viable solution. The question is always: How much and how often? In this case, "A lot" and "Frequently".

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

MN does your boss favor natural fibres or synthetic blends?

Synthetics :evilbuddy: that's how I knew he was Not Great

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm worried about Warehouse Guy bc he was out today and also EVERYTHING IS ACTUALLY FACTUALLY TERRIBLE at work right now.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Warehouse guy is still out of office. My wrists are in immobilizer braces. No good.

xcheopis

Lot of health stuff (not covid) happening in the office and today was the day that certain team members started the yearly "all right, who died in the last year because we need to keep our records up to date" and a lot of that information is terrible and sad.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have an interview with Big Year Company in a few. Wish me luck. We distribute their stuff and hilariously, I can sell, and I have a title that is appealing for them.

Ass-penny

Mormon Nailer posted:

I have an interview with Big Year Company in a few. Wish me luck. We distribute their stuff and hilariously, I can sell, and I have a title that is appealing for them.

sending my luck to you MN

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

sending my luck to you MN

Thanks bud. I am nervous but we'll see. There's a technical screen I had to complete and it was literally the easiest one I've ever done, I got 100% on it per the engineer that talked to me yesterday. Now it's the group interview with the founders...who regularly text memes with me. About butts. I think I'll be okay.

xcheopis

Mormon Nailer posted:

Scrounged around my desk for extra luck tokens for you.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lol I'm on the zoom call waiting and there's a picture of me, the founders, some goats and my dogs (may they rest, my babies) bouncing around on the screen.

I'm fine this is fine.

Escape From Noise

Knock 'em dead!

Finger Prince

Interview complete. I think I did pretty well. So I can stop making GBS threads my pants about that, and start making GBS threads my pants waiting to find out if I'm selected, and then continue making GBS threads my pants if I am selected. Also I had a bunch of cherries and strawberries and dried figs with my lunch so there's just going to be a lot of shitted pants in my future.

Finger Prince

Mormon Nailer posted:

Lol I'm on the zoom call waiting and there's a picture of me, the founders, some goats and my dogs (may they rest, my babies) bouncing around on the screen.

I'm fine this is fine.

Nail that interview like it was a Mormon!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

That was basically "we already know you and we like you so let's talk about other stuff about the job and tell you who you're going to talk to with the board" so that was good.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

If I get this job I will be in a professional capacity back in the industry I want to be in, doing actual things that don't suck.

Ass-penny

Mormon Nailer posted:

If I get this job I will be in a professional capacity back in the industry I want to be in, doing actual things that don't suck.

:pray:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

If I don't get the job it means someone thinks I'm good enough to interview and it's a hell of an endorsement to have the founders have my back in this anyway, because I miss doing this particular thing in this industry.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Good luck MN! If I were in your shoes I'd already be pumping my fist and like vaulting over park benches, crooking my arm around lamp-posts and doing a spin, pirouetting around an old lady on the cross-walk and then kissing her on the cheek... when I get to a puddle two sailors on shore leave appear on either side of me and hoist me across while I continue my little song... I mean to say I'd be feeling pretty good based on the signals you're describing!!!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

xcheopis

Best of luck, my friend!

AskAManager cautions about expectations from an excellent interview and also recommends thank you notes. Not necessary, but a well-written one can tip the scales.

We believe in you!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Already on it about the thank you note. I'm trying to hold it together and just temper all expectations but literally any morsel of serotonin and dopamine my brain can get is good.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I posted this in GBS because people are incredulous that I could possibly make 8x what I did. Lol I make very small money, and it's not a good wage model, plus I'm in logistics and distribution. It's not an entry level wage, it's a bad wage at a worse company that lives and dies by "we're a small business and that means we're family," and frankly I cannot wait until I'm out of here.

I have a different interview lined up with a different company on Friday evening as well. Fingers and toes crossed.

Escape From Noise

Getting interviews set up is definitely a good step! Good luck! You really deserve a break.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I am the only person running the office and I am getting screamed at because the manufacturer that was supposed to ship linens back in June an and July did not, then falsified tracking numbers and BOLs and also uhhhhhh we're getting killed

Ass-penny

hell yeah on the other interview. keep those options open!

Escape From Noise

I'm back to being gainfully unemployed. My company is paying me, but I don't really have any work to do right now because they're still waiting for some paperwork. So definitely going to be able to brew, but I think things might be delayed with the whole covid thing. I'm kind of glad for the break after so many months of tough labor made more difficult by qn owner who's too cheap to get proper equipment.

Ass-penny

I'm back to being gainfully unemployed. My company is paying me, but I don't really have any work to do right now because they're still waiting for some paperwork. So definitely going to be able to brew, but I think things might be delayed with the whole covid thing. I'm kind of glad for the break after so many months of tough labor made more difficult by qn owner who's too cheap to get proper equipment.

bro you are missing out if you are not seriously considering ARSON ON ALL YOUR OLD BOSSES PROPERTY!!!! LIEK WHAT THE gently caress BRO

Ass-penny

I don't know how japanese cops work but if y'all reading these posts EFN couldn't have burnt down that brewery because they was in Minnesota with me maaaaaan you don't even know.

cruft

In addition to y'all, I've had a couple friends interview for tech jobs recently, and it's convinced me that I am never leaving my current position.

Tech job interviews were ridiculous in the 90s and have only gotten ridiculouser as the cargo cult of interviewing goes further and further off the deep end.

In the mean time, i have rewritten the interview questions for the summer school I started, in order to hopefully stop screening out every candidate who is not a white dude. Wish me luck on this.

Escape From Noise

Good thing I work in the diverse industry of...craft beer?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

In addition to y'all, I've had a couple friends interview for tech jobs recently, and it's convinced me that I am never leaving my current position.

Tech job interviews were ridiculous in the 90s and have only gotten ridiculouser as the cargo cult of interviewing goes further and further off the deep end.

In the mean time, i have rewritten the interview questions for the summer school I started, in order to hopefully stop screening out every candidate who is not a white dude. Wish me luck on this.

Yeeeeeah, I had a technical test on a recent interview with a company. They gave me eight minutes to do the thing; it was a dead simple math fix. I did it in five and the response I got was "we've never had a woman complete the test."

That was enough for me to know I don't want to work there.

Good luck, and please please tell me if I can help you fix questions.

Lolsob. It's so bad. At least Coalition has our friend now????

idiotsavant

wasn’t there a big craft beer metoo blowup on ig a few months back? there have been a couple wine ones in the past year or two but mainly wrt restaurants & somms, seems like natty wine bros are still probably going strong tho >_>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yeah there's an ongoing one for craft beer rn and also a big blowup pending in the natty wines. I've seen some real bad poo poo happen in wine lately.