Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I tried vegemite for the first time yesterday. Tastes like chlorinated marmite. It has a very spreadable consistency though, much less messy than marmite. Will probably use the whole jar but probably won’t buy more when it’s gone.

This one could last you years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

This one could last you years

Not likely. Probably six or eight months. I am not a yeast extract virgin by any means.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I'm actually kinda enjoying playing minecraft after work atm. Even though I'm playing solo it's nice to escape and build up my world to put a barrier between the outside world and me atm.

Theres enough places to doomscroll atm without this thread being entirely taken over by it as well

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Theres enough places to doomscroll atm without this thread being entirely taken over by it as well

yep.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Art of Rally on PC/Xbox (free on gamepass) is a cute little top down rally game with cool art and a decent learning curve (easy to play difficult to master)

I've also just finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider which is a gorgeous game visually with decent mechanics/puzzles and has helped with the fact I cant go look at actual pretty nature. Now im just cruising around collecting all the poo poo to 100% it and taking in the views.

Started Far Cry: new dawn but it didnt grab me like 5. It scratches the same itch so I'll probably get into it more soon enough, just took a while to hit its stride.

I also watched The White Lotus TV series which was pretty good.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I'm actually kinda enjoying playing minecraft after work atm. Even though I'm playing solo it's nice to escape and build up my world to put a barrier between the outside world and me atm.

one of my incredibly lame claims to fames is that I played minecraft before it was a global phenomenon. i assume a lot of goons did.

it's a very very good game for just switching off and being somewhere else. I bet you've built some dope poo poo no doubt.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Toast King posted:

Bird

And a real carrot-beak

I love him :3:

Untitled Goose Game gets my vote. It's just light-hearted and charming, pretty easy to finish and if you have a kiddo you can let them play along with you. The piano soundtrack in it is :3:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Taking a big schlurp of Post Animals juice

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Dropping some good news. 5.5 million doses of vaccine have been administered in NSW. 110,000 yesterday.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

well why not posted:

one of my incredibly lame claims to fames is that I played minecraft before it was a global phenomenon. i assume a lot of goons did.

it's a very very good game for just switching off and being somewhere else. I bet you've built some dope poo poo no doubt.

I only started playing it last year because we were looking at using it for a unit of teaching. I tend to get bored of world and spawn a new one decently quick but I'm trying not to with my current world cause I want to see how long I can make it go and build some cool poo poo while I'm at it. I do love building a cool looking house each time though.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
I'm just replaying final fantasy 10 and 12 BC they were the first bideo games I was allowed to play as a youth, and they are now my comfort games.
Super annoyed with the xii zodiac age licence system tho, I liked being able to just grind for ages and max out everyone's boards to have a party of unreasonably powerful multitaskers

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Minecraft nerds, join the Nameless server. It's a Vanilla server with some basic add-ons.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714944

I've been having a fun time building an underground base with minecart tracks everywhere :3

Not Evans
Aug 2, 2007

Tobias, have you been flogging Simpsons prop replicas on the internet again?
Pepita in Do Not Disturb

Pepita moments before jumping across to my side of the desk

Still on an Age of Empires 2 kick over here lately but I might boot up some classic DOOM with a few wads and mods tonight

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

I started playing some Age of Empires 2 (definitive edition) again. They've done a great job of updating little parts of it for today and I have a feeling that it will hold up better than Age of Empires 4.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I got sucked back into Rimworld by the latest expansion. Now I'm finding a metric poo poo ton of cool mods that I never new existed.

I just set up nuclear power for my cave dwelling, transhumanist colonists. Next I'm gonna channel my inner Jeff Bezos and build a space ship so I can put some slaves to work in orbit.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I only started playing it last year because we were looking at using it for a unit of teaching. I tend to get bored of world and spawn a new one decently quick but I'm trying not to with my current world cause I want to see how long I can make it go and build some cool poo poo while I'm at it. I do love building a cool looking house each time though.

Yeah i don't think i've ever kept a save for more than a few days. The first few nights are the most fun; weighing up the risks of diving deep versus the rewards of finding a seam of iron, transitioning from a house that's barely more than a box to something more structured, exploring the surrounds and making outposts. Once you're really established the fun kind of peters out. I'm never going to do the whole endgame nonsense with rare materials and stuff.

I wonder if there's a mod or something out there where each night slightly more populous or difficult mobs spawn, so you're kept on your toes. Sort of tower defense type thing.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Here's Tinky enjoying some sun out on the deck.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Thinking about making some cheddar biscuits with a bit of vegemite mixed through.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Laserface posted:

Art of Rally on PC/Xbox (free on gamepass) is a cute little top down rally game with cool art and a decent learning curve (easy to play difficult to master)

I keep seeing this go past on steam reccys but never drop the cash, might buy it.

Currently waiting for cp2077 to download patch 1.3, built myself a htpc a couple weeks back to play games on a big screen again so i started a new playthrough. Open-World games just don't work well on small screens imo. Also got myself some noise cancelling headphones for the telly, 100% recommended purchase for anyone who lives in a house with noisy family.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Had my second pfizer jab yesterday and now I'm shooting cold ropes

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

well why not posted:

we must return to tradition

:argh:

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
My cat is coping with lockdown as best she can and I think tbh she likes that we are home far more often.
Here she is enjoying sitting on the heated throw:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I was going to bake something else, but realised I had a bunch of poo poo in the fridge still so cheesecake again it is.

Oi oval office, how'd you steal my cat?

Here is Glitch giving you the middle finger

Torties rule :3:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I'm just replaying final fantasy 10 and 12 BC they were the first bideo games I was allowed to play as a youth, and they are now my comfort games.
Super annoyed with the xii zodiac age licence system tho, I liked being able to just grind for ages and max out everyone's boards to have a party of unreasonably powerful multitaskers

Honestly with the damage uncap, multi-jobbing and now being able to change jobs there's no reason you can't do the same and it lets you do some absurdly stupid things like BLM/RDM letting you use Ardour with the Flame Rod, or like, anything to do with Yagyu Darkblade

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Calling Howard a sawn off ratfaced little oval office isnt political its taxonomic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
My work from home setup:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bee posted:

I love him :3:

Untitled Goose Game gets my vote. It's just light-hearted and charming, pretty easy to finish and if you have a kiddo you can let them play along with you. The piano soundtrack in it is :3:

Untitled Goose Game rules, and was made in Melbourne! I got the physical edition with a map and I think one or two little extra bits-and-pieces just because I liked it that much.

Also I'm going to momentarily mention the VIC outbreak just to point out something funny;

quote:

Authorities are increasingly concerned by the number of mystery cases being identified around St Kilda in Melbourne's south-east.

The mix of cases includes a homeless sex worker, accountants, architects and other residents who share no link other than their geography.

You know full-well what the common link is! The accounts, architects, and other residents just aren't going to own up to it. :colbert:

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

My work from home setup:

Ugh, nothing worse than micro-managing bosses staring at you all day, expecting regular reports and attention. :rolleyes:

Not Evans
Aug 2, 2007

Tobias, have you been flogging Simpsons prop replicas on the internet again?

Infinitum posted:

Oi oval office, how'd you steal my cat?

Torties rule :3:

Honestly I do a double-take at drat near every tortie in my friends group, somehow they've all got that one patch of eyeshadow brighter than the other. Pepita has a bunch of P-based nicknames but is "my little Goldeneye" when she's being extra sweet, I'll see if I can get a photo of her pinky ring to compare to that glorious middle finger. Torties loving rule, she's the best decision we ever made.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Cosmic Psychos gig finally postponed til Feb.

Not sure at this point if even that will happen.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

well last year we had a 6 week lockdown that was mostly over by now and we didnt really start getting gigs pop back up until december, and they were seated gigs with capacity limits.

so yeah I dont see standing up shows being a thing for a long rear end time at this rate. I reckon a year at the earliest and thats if we keep on the current trajectory without any other wild variants or outbreaks considered.

lets not forget that even if we open'er up at 80% vax, vaccinated transmission is still a thing, a symptomatic transmission is still a thing, breakthrough infections are still a thing and long covid is still a thing. not sure I want to be going to events in that climate myself, as much as I would love to be covered in moshpit juice right now.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 19, 2021

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008
Only one flowering, but a nice big one, and maybe more soon -

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Almost got the perfect angle on this one.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I saw so many whales today. Also an osprey and the worlds luckiest lone surfer carving a ton of glass.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

My work from home setup:

look at her? little feet and tiny legs, so cute

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Been playing through the Spyro remaster

Its weird having a game you played so much being remade for a different audience

Characters look just a bit different

There's the occasional dab or floss

And there is nothing left to the imagination with the added graphical representation

Its like looking through a mirror fortnitely

Edit: it's not bad, it's just EXACTLY the same game except for a facelift

Like how an elderly person might get cosmetic surgery and they look "better" but not like how they looked when they were younger

Jestery fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 19, 2021

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Strong Convections posted:

Only one flowering, but a nice big one, and maybe more soon -

Waddup daffodil buddy?

Mine just burst into life this last week. Quite a bit later than most of the others around the neighbourhood.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Jestery posted:

Been playing through the Spyro remaster

Its weird having a game you played so much being remade for a different audience

Characters look just a bit different

There's the occasional dab or floss

And there is nothing left to the imagination with the added graphical representation

Its like looking through a mirror fortnitely

Edit: it's not bad, it's just EXACTLY the same game except for a facelift

Like how an elderly person might get cosmetic surgery and they look "better" but not like how they looked when they were younger

ok grandpa, and what else has this "spyro" done?

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

Bill Posters posted:

Waddup daffodil buddy?

Mine just burst into life this last week. Quite a bit later than most of the others around the neighbourhood.
The one blooming is maybe a touch early for here, but not by much. It's been mostly warm the past week so I figure that's triggered it.

Got a bunch of bulbs someone gave me in some pots that are waking up and starting to grow. Can't remember what they are - white flower, very hardy, not a white daffodil. Very poisonous (but so are daffodils :D ). Looking forward to working it out once they bloom.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Spyro shouting YEET every time you jump off something to glide around would be amazing though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...r-the-shortlist

Time to stack the bird of the year nominations