Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pabriks is likely right, but also Latvia definitely harbours no sympathy towards foreigners (there have been some disgusting op-eds about this situation), especially from Midde East, and Pabriks is a slime. So far we’ve taken like 1 family in, due to requiring medical attention, and that was a major story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

new ukrainian tank camo dropped

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

iv46vi posted:

Is he supposed to be wearing Prometheus space suit or adidas track suit?

Yes.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Pabriks is likely right, but also Latvia definitely harbours no sympathy towards foreigners (there have been some disgusting op-eds about this situation), especially from Midde East, and Pabriks is a slime. So far we’ve taken like 1 family in, due to requiring medical attention, and that was a major story.

It was apparent that Luka is provoking.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Vasukhani posted:

I mean it's fairly good in terms of cost to effectiveness ratio. Far better than any US camo ratio in that category.

I mean why don't the Ukrainian tanks just rock the tried and true Flecktarn camo?

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Vasukhani posted:

Modern problems require modern solutions.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Vasukhani posted:

a great addition

mini skirt AND a tank top?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Erulisse posted:

It was apparent that Luka is provoking.

For sure. What I’m saying is that there’s no public evidence, that I’m aware of at least, to confirm or deny specific claims made by Pabriks about the situation on Latvian border in particular. They clearly apply to, e.g., Lithuania-Belarus border, but it is prudent, in my opinion as a Latvian voter, to vet the statements made by career politicians of our current government. Especially anything even tangentially immigration-related.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Anne Frank Funk posted:

mini skirt AND a tank top?

It's Peter I, the great explorer who discovered America

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i took my parents to moscow and they thought that statue was cool :negative:

they didn't get to see the superior peter the great statue though

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Are we sure that's not a statue of Fester Addams?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 19, 2021

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Did the artist run out of budget on bronze when he got to head?

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Dwesa posted:

Did the artist run out of budget on bronze when he got to head?

Nah the dude's head was this small irl, pls no small head shaming thx

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Coming this fall, David Byrne IS Peter the Great.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Seriously, what's up with that head?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Or those fingers, good lord.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
I suspect if you look at the statue from just the right spot it's supposed to do a fake perspective thing where you think you're looking at a massively larger statue.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Vasukhani posted:

I can't be bothered to open QR reader app, what does it link to?

suck my woke dick posted:

I suspect if you look at the statue from just the right spot it's supposed to do a fake perspective thing where you think you're looking at a massively larger statue.

It's the perfect analogy for Putin's Russia.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Microcephaly is no jocking matter

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
There really is something to be said for all the post soviet monuments in moscow sucking

apperently the deal is the head was made from a life mask of peter, so its 1:1, but the body was enlarged for some indiscernible reason

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Vasukhani posted:

indiscernible reason

Reason has a name, a surname, an address and certainly not-good fame.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I thought it was Zurab Tsereteli trolling Russians again but it was another sculptor

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Vasukhani posted:

a great addition

Looks like something out of the world's gaudiest theme park.

sad question
May 30, 2020

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

I guess they really loved Mario Bros movie.

Also, what is the name of the poop sculpture or the artist? I want to know more. I want to show people.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Lol, massive raises of energy prices are being talked about in Poland, as PGE (Polska Grupa Energetyczna) tell that because of the nefarious EU's climate crisis mitigation plans and raising prices for the CO2 emissions some of the power plants become inprofitable. And Poland emits a lot of CO2 (having power generation using mostly coal, and even the most "forward thinking" political agenda plans - SLD's one - phase out coal by 2040) it affects Poland very much!

If only it could be foreseen, but how could it?

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

That's really fuckin sweet as we are barely using the lights at home anymore despite using energy-efficients lightbulbs and LEDs, and also I am turning the PC on like every two days and only on the evenings. I'm taking most of my shits in the dark to avoid another electricity bill hike, but, like, nevermind

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
the poop sculture looks like pinched peices of clay (complete with fingerprints, so I suspect it was directly modeled on literally that) but anyone who doesn't actively do ceramics is 100% going to think of dog poop. It'd be questionable even in front of a pottery studio.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Dozhd is getting spicy new foreign agent labeling.

https://twitter.com/tvrain/status/1428735323153051651

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
While parades are a dumb waste of money, I approve of this:
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1428676680067997709?s=19

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cugel the Clever posted:

While parades are a dumb waste of money, I approve of this:
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1428676680067997709?s=19

Lol!

I do hope though that Putin doesn't decide to do a major offensive now because that would be quite embarrassing

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

ey what a surprise https://twitter.com/AlexKokcharov/status/1429742425543790596

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Poland is going to build a wall on the border with Belarus. No details if Belarus is going to pay for it :sad: The best bit is they are not even hiding now that they consider emmigrants future terrorists. Too bad I don't go to church anymore, I wonder how those god-loving pricks are trying to justify such an offense to the decalogue like not giving help to those in the need. I guess skin color is enough?

I want to use this post as an announcement, that every polish troop should be sustained exclusively on sucking poo poo and farts out of my rear end in a top hat

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

laserghost posted:

Poland is going to build a wall on the border with Belarus. No details if Belarus is going to pay for it :sad: The best bit is they are not even hiding now that they consider emmigrants future terrorists. Too bad I don't go to church anymore, I wonder how those god-loving pricks are trying to justify such an offense to the decalogue like not giving help to those in the need. I guess skin color is enough?

I want to use this post as an announcement, that every polish troop should be sustained exclusively on sucking poo poo and farts out of my rear end in a top hat

My nephew is looking for a "job", he'll do it "cheap", 1000 PLN + labour for a decimeter of a "wall".

drat, what a "steal"

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Recently I feel like i'm in the middle of a sort of information war waged by gazeta.pl on gazeta.pl

• For over a month things were posted in this thread about luka sending Iraqis to Lithuania's border, the whole process of engaging fake tourism agencies etc has been explained. None of this information has been pushed to the frontpage of gazeta, in general there's been like 5 articles about it, buried deep.
  • There's been literally one article about the giant hack of all police databases, 3 days after the tweet thread posted here, meanwhile since that was around the anniversary of post election fraud protests in Belarus, gazeta has been publishing article after article about the way we are supporting the opposition and helping the protesters and all that day after day. Almost like there was mental space to only occupy oneself with one Belarus related topic at a time.
  • as an aside, the biggest hack of government databases in history also went unmentioned in the major polish websites dealing with IT security topics (barring one link to an english language article on zaufanatrzeciastrona. If you tend to read these websites, you know that they publish multiparagraph analyses of the most insignificant IT security related bullshit day after day.
  • Now, the Afghan refugees are at the border and the level of mental gymnastics is off the charts. Each day a different narrative is pushed. pis is bad because it doesn't let them in, EU will surely react! Oh, EU reacted in concert with the position of Polish government? Well, it is all Luka's fault for not letting the Afghanis back into Belarus. Hmm, no new angles to tackle? Would you look at that, we are now exposing the Belarussian fake refugee tourism industry, two months after the fact, because it directly affects our country.

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 26, 2021

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The governmental database hack is an odd story. It’s absolutely massive on paper, but we’re way past the point where it would be unlikely for someone to fake that kind of stuff, unfortunately. I’ve been on the lookout for stories where the “loot” from this hack has been put to a good use, as a means to validate that it’s real, and I’ve got nothing so far. Admittedly, I’m not hugely into the Telegram politics scene, so maybe I’m just not looking where I should.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The governmental database hack is an odd story. It’s absolutely massive on paper, but we’re way past the point where it would be unlikely for someone to fake that kind of stuff, unfortunately. I’ve been on the lookout for stories where the “loot” from this hack has been put to a good use, as a means to validate that it’s real, and I’ve got nothing so far. Admittedly, I’m not hugely into the Telegram politics scene, so maybe I’m just not looking where I should.

There isn't much you can do with this information. It's not like someone can be arrested based on leaked incriminating phone calls while Lukashenko is in power. BYPOL have been sharing some juicy bits on their youtube channel, if you don't like telegram, but it's nothing that we didn't know before, just more details on how certain crimes were committed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I guess that’s a fair point, the regime doesn’t really care to hide its crimes, so getting more evidence on them amounts to adding a bucket of water to a swimming pool.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Recently I feel like i'm in the middle of a sort of information war waged by gazeta.pl on gazeta.pl

I’ve worked at Gazeta.pl, or Agora to be precise, and the thing to understand this is that not only Wyborcza.pl is a separate entity from Gazeta.pl, all the little brands within Gazeta.pl are also separate editorial and business units. They’re all little tribes stuck in a perpetual war for the holy Strona Główna.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Szurumbur posted:

My nephew is looking for a "job", he'll do it "cheap", 1000 PLN + labour for a decimeter of a "wall".

drat, what a "steal"

Walls come in a variety of shapes. :(

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Anne Frank Funk posted:

• For over a month things were posted in this thread about luka sending Iraqis to Lithuania's border, the whole process of engaging fake tourism agencies etc has been explained. None of this information has been pushed to the frontpage of gazeta, in general there's been like 5 articles about it, buried deep.
  • There's been literally one article about the giant hack of all police databases, 3 days after the tweet thread posted here, meanwhile since that was around the anniversary of post election fraud protests in Belarus, gazeta has been publishing article after article about the way we are supporting the opposition and helping the protesters and all that day after day. Almost like there was mental space to only occupy oneself with one Belarus related topic at a time.
  • as an aside, the biggest hack of government databases in history also went unmentioned in the major polish websites dealing with IT security topics (barring one link to an english language article on zaufanatrzeciastrona. If you tend to read these websites, you know that they publish multiparagraph analyses of the most insignificant IT security related bullshit day after day.
  • Now, the Afghan refugees are at the border and the level of mental gymnastics is off the charts. Each day a different narrative is pushed. pis is bad because it doesn't let them in, EU will surely react! Oh, EU reacted in concert with the position of Polish government? Well, it is all Luka's fault for not letting the Afghanis back into Belarus. Hmm, no new angles to tackle? Would you look at that, we are now exposing the Belarussian fake refugee tourism industry, two months after the fact, because it directly affects our country.

is Belarus coverage typically a fixture in mainstream Polish media? i figure there's some on account of them being neighbors, but would be surprised if international relations stuff or internal Belarus affairs got much coverage before or after the height of the post-election protests. wonk media or whatever you call it (journalists employed by think tanks instead of news media) keeps up with that, but it's aimed at and primarily read by people with a professional interest in IR stuff, with us armchair analysts tagging along. mass market media i'd figure is more focused on the staples of football, local politics, and whatever because your average reader can barely be arsed to keep up with their own country's politics. Afghan refugees getting coverage when the other stuff doesn't makes sense because it actually impacts Poland and is related to a notable recent world events story, whereas the earlier stuff on the Lithuanian border wasn't.

the database leak is more a Belarus story than IT story since data hacks are dime a dozen these days, and unless there was something notable about the methods i wouldn't expect it to get much coverage--iirc whatever the hack did to gain access wasn't any stuxnet-level crazy zero-day poo poo, just normal lovely security on the targets' end that hadn't been exploited before because it wasn't of interest. something like the US OPM hack gets coverage simply on the merit of what got hacked because there's lots of US coverage in general, but Belarus-focused coverage is niche even in the region

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I’d say the coverage of Belarus goes beyond just the obvious stuff, which in Poland would mean anything related to the Polish diaspora, and will include international relations and politics, but would stop short of local stuff (car accidents, local municipality issues, etc.). All things considered, Polish news has been tuned fairly hard east since Maidan kicked off.