Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
When they eventually make a movie about COVID - Who is going to play head of the anti vax movement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Joementum posted:

Kate Larose sat slack-jawed on Monday night in Canaan as she watched her local school board deliberate its back-to-school pandemic policies.

Larose, whose 8-year-old son is immunocompromised, had requested Zoom access to the in-person meeting. But about 30 minutes in, people took over the virtual room, calling in to say the n-word on loop. A man eventually appeared on screen and began masturbating. Officials then shut off all access.

Karen Conroy, Canaan’s superintendent, wrote apologetically to Larose later that night to fill in the blanks. The board had voted 5-0 to reject Conroy’s recommendation that the district begin the school year masked.

https://vtdigger.org/2021/08/18/vermont-is-taking-a-local-control-approach-to-the-pandemic-in-schools-in-canaan-that-means-no-masks/

:wtc:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pillowpants posted:

When they eventually make a movie about COVID - Who is going to play head of the anti vax movement?

randy quaid is already in character

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

it’s amazing that after starting with those three paragraphs the rest of the article acts like it’s just a normal school board meeting article

acems
May 8, 2019

just realized i can fit a surgical over my elastomeric's exhaust port. now i can actually wear it guilt free. its at a point where im willing to look like a freak if it means i can go in to get a drink while outdoor sitting with friends and not worry

acems
May 8, 2019

acems posted:

just realized i can fit a surgical over my elastomeric's exhaust port. now i can actually wear it guilt free. its at a point where im willing to look like a freak if it means i can go in to get a drink while outdoor sitting with friends and not worry

also another very important update regarding my neighborhood bar: they did not refill the bar nuts after they ran out.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Pillowpants posted:

Robert DeNiro

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
https://www.hillsboroughschools.org/coviddashboard

Hillsborough is up to 2k cases and 12k quarantined. This is the fate of every school district over the next month. We are the testing ground for how hosed everyone else will get.

Just learned today that they don’t require siblings to quarantine, only directly exposed. So when Susie gets exposed on Wednesday, she’ll give it to her brother over the weekend who will infect his class next week. Lol.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

corona familiar posted:

:buddy:

i fixed some performance issues and added some info, then thought i might as well try adding music to it in resolve

choose your character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTS0z4ziJCM

or

https://i.imgur.com/1ReewM3.mp4

(may have to right-click, unmute)

youtube content id can go gently caress itself

Very good work! Request to add Geiger counter clicks to the data. Or if your project is open source I'd be happy to see about doing that myself.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

acems posted:

went to a bar last week with my friend who was in town and sat outside with them not drinking or eating and never taking my respirator off like an absolute psycho

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Kids dying en masse is going to be consent manufactured to hell and back. They're not your kids. The parents are at fault. It didn't happen to you. Enjoy your Applebee's.

They aren't gonna have to work that hard, Americans don't care about dead kids.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lawlicaust posted:

Hillsborough is up to 2k cases and 12k quarantined. This is the fate of every school district over the next month. We are the testing ground for how hosed everyone else will get.

Just learned today that they don’t require siblings to quarantine, only directly exposed. So when Susie gets exposed on Wednesday, she’ll give it to her brother over the weekend who will infect his class next week. Lol.

It's almost like they're trying to infect as many kids as possible.

Apr 7, 2003

corona familiar posted:

:buddy:

i fixed some performance issues and added some info, then thought i might as well try adding music to it in resolve

choose your character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTS0z4ziJCM

or

https://i.imgur.com/1ReewM3.mp4

(may have to right-click, unmute)

youtube content id can go gently caress itself

A> it's funny that you can see the Sturgis boom and waves last year
B> wonder what caused the surge in what looks like St. Louis in July

acems
May 8, 2019

inferis posted:

went to a bar last week with my friend who was in town and sat outside with them not drinking or eating and never taking my respirator off like an absolute psycho

i will take it off while outdoor sitting with my local friends, so now only they can kill me.

acems
May 8, 2019

delta has made dates very weird. its like interviewing someone for a pod. a high stakes cuffing season, racing against time for those who would like to safely suck and gently caress

Apr 7, 2003

I am due back in the office after Labor Day. My employer has no vaccination mandate for employees. I work for the largest integrated hospital operator / insurer in Pennsylvania.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The jerkin' & jackin' vaccine withdrawal while they investigated clotting rumors was the death of our vaccine push lol

mRNA vaccines were already declining for a week or two before j&j was pulled. there was an immediate uptick when it was stopped (reschedules) but then they continued their remarkably steady decline

I think j&j was just the excuse people were looking for

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

B> wonder what caused the surge in what looks like St. Louis in July

That's probably Springfield/Joplin.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

where we at, 1000 dead every day now?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i am harry posted:

where we at, 1000 dead every day now?

*that we know about

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1428345834018590722?s=19

one weird trick to get out of an awful marriage

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

scary ghost dog posted:

things are looking bad for disney

Don bluth's revenge

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Kreeblah posted:

Yep. And as a result, we have a government full of people who have never had to make a truly difficult decision (do the right thing, even though it's gonna be massively unpopular with a huge part of the country) in their entire careers. Like, it's literally a thing that they've never had to contemplate doing. What we're seeing now is the effects of that, where loving nobody is willing to do what needs doing, because they're hoping that somebody else will jump on that grenade instead. Then, if it ends up becoming blindingly obvious (even in spite of America's built-in apathy) that they completely hosed it up, they're just gonna point fingers at somebody else (presumably unvaxxed folks), because that's always worked in the past.

just wanted to point out that this is not true. the leadership is instead hoping that someone will try and throw the grenade so they can trip the person trying to fix it and keep a potential rival from being seen as a hero.

not only are the jackasses incapable of doing what must be done, they are incapable of letting anyone else do it either. look at Abbott and Desantis banning mask mandates or Cuomo sidelining the infrastructure that NY had built up for pandemic response and overriding Deblasio's attempts to push vaccination outside of the Cuomo-set tiers when 1A vaccination appointments started to go unfilled.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I am due back in the office after Labor Day. My employer has no vaccination mandate for employees. I work for the largest integrated hospital operator / insurer in Pennsylvania.

i just accepted a position giving JOBS! that is completely WFH. my manager is across the country and doesn't give a poo poo if i come to the office or not :getin:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1428346750738210830

Apr 7, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

i just accepted a position giving JOBS! that is completely WFH. my manager is across the country and doesn't give a poo poo if i come to the office or not :getin:

Unfortunately my employer is paying me a lot of money to crawl back into the plague mines. :(

I am just absolutely boggled that a hospital operator does not mandate vaccines. loving insane.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thats a garbage graph and misleading I guess since it implies that those numbers are static once you have the vaccine and I guess they fall off now staring in 90 days.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Unfortunately my employer is paying me a lot of money to crawl back into the plague mines. :(

I am just absolutely boggled that a hospital operator does not mandate vaccines. loving insane.
they'd rather have you as a customer than an employee

Apr 7, 2003

We're gonna head to Costco tonight to stock up on poo poo paper, rice, beans, and other winter supplies, I am not touching a big box store once it starts getting cold out

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Pillowpants posted:

There isn't going to be a movie about it. If covid magically went away tomorrow it would get memory-holed immediately and there would be no reflection or additional research* and certainly not a movie.

*see SARS 1

Apr 7, 2003

Grey Fox posted:

they'd rather have you as a customer than an employee

They require flu vaccines for every position that has patient interaction. Why covid-19 is different is beyond me.

There's a mask mandate in all facilities which is good at least, but I have coworkers who are pitching little baby fits about having to wear masks despite being vaccinated. cool

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

so are we still sitting on millions of AstraZeneca, or did all that just expire

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Lawlicaust posted:

This trend in reverse x axis is annoying.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

They require flu vaccines for every position that has patient interaction. Why covid-19 is different is beyond me.

There's a mask mandate in all facilities which is good at least, but I have coworkers who are pitching little baby fits about having to wear masks despite being vaccinated. cool
I would honestly wager it's a gamble from management because hospital systems are already having an impossible time keeping staff as-is

they're such a big system than even a relatively small percentage of staff walking out/being fired would be a herculean task to resolve for recruiters and potentially be the straw that breaks the camel's back

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

2. If it's in a lyric to a song I really like, can I say the word?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Grey Fox posted:

I would honestly wager it's a gamble from management because hospital systems are already having an impossible timing keeping staff as-is

they're such a big system than even a relatively small percentage of staff walking out/being fired would be a herculean task to resolve for recruiters and potentially be the straw that breaks the camel's back

Weighing "what if some of my employees quit" vs "what if some of my employees die or quit because they don't want to die"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

speaking of flu shots, would the new mrna tech lead to more effective flu or a cold vaccine?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

Weighing "what if some of my employees quit" vs "what if some of my employees die or quit because they don't want to die"
COVID-positive staff can still be, and are, employed in COVID units

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

We have no evidence that any living person is mortal, therefore attempted murder shouldn’t be a crime.