Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A> it's funny that you can see the Sturgis boom and waves last year
B> wonder what caused the surge in what looks like St. Louis in July

I'd totally forgotten about Michigan's spring wave, they were the only state where that seemingly happened, and with no explanation of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

There isn't going to be a movie about it. If covid magically went away tomorrow it would get memory-holed immediately and there would be no reflection or additional research* and certainly not a movie.

*see SARS 1

the only reason we had mRNA vaccines so quickly was because there -was- additional research into SARS 1....

Serf
May 5, 2011

just spent about a half hour in a room with a dozen dudes doing carpet replacement who had no masks. feeling good about my chances lmao

also my mom got tested for covid (negative thankfully) and it cost her $70. they told her to come back in a few days if her symptoms persist because she might have too low a viral load and that will be another cool $70

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SARS 1 went away because at the end of the day it was only contagious when you were already isolated because you were either feeling like too much poo poo to go outside, or were already in the hospital

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Palm Beach County finally told the dummies 2 get hosed and we’ve got a mask mandate for our kids. Staying away from NextDoor…

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

I was expecting this to be a 2020 post. I love the obsession with Studies

One weird part about masks is even people who know better, like my friend who works at p&g in a clean room and has a PAPR, thinks there's no real way to protect kids in school. I mentioned kf94s and he did a double take because he hadnt even considered it since 100% of messaging the last 17 months is about how people don't deserve actual protective masks

He was also pissed that he and his wife (works at Merck making vaccine precursors) got classified as 1c and got vaccines months after everyone else despite having to be on site the whole pandemic making the literal essentials (him- cleaning supplies)

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Spergin Morlock posted:

the only reason we had mRNA vaccines so quickly was because there -was- additional research into SARS 1....

Kind of right. We had a head start on vaccines, but they had to finish the work.

As of 2020, there is no cure or protective vaccine for SARS that has been shown to be both safe and effective in humans.[27][28] According to research papers published in 2005 and 2006, the identification and development of novel vaccines and medicines to treat SARS was a priority for governments and public health agencies around the world.[29][30][31] In early 2004, an early clinical trial on volunteers was planned.[32] A major researcher's 2016 request, however, demonstrated that no field-ready SARS vaccine had been completed because likely market-driven priorities had ended funding.[16]

Bruce Hussein Daddy fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 19, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

quote:

PITTSBURGH — The Biden administration announced on Wednesday a major new mandate for nursing homes and COVID-19 vaccines: get employees vaccinated or lose federal funding.

Vaccine hesitancy among nursing home employees has been a major issue. Last week, 11 Investigates looked into the issue.

Now, the announcement has many nursing homes reeling. Owners are worried about an already critical staffing shortage.

Here are links to resources you may need during the COVID-19 pandemic

“My concern is it’s going to be catastrophic when it comes to making sure we have enough staff that want to work in these building(s) caring for seniors who need (to be) cared for,” Paramount Senior Living CEO James Cox said.

More than 40% of all nursing home employees in the state have declined to get the shot. Earlier this month, 11 Investigates Angie Moreschi talked to employees who were hesitant to get the vaccine. They said a mandate wouldn’t change their minds.

“I wouldn’t get it if it were mandated today,” licensed practical nurse Karli Wolfe previously said.

Consent machine running full time

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

is there any scientific evidence that life-vests work for 15 year old Capricorns who ate a bagel with strawberry cream cheese for breakfast?

that's what I thought.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

turnip kid posted:

Palm Beach County finally told the dummies 2 get hosed and we’ve got a mask mandate for our kids. Staying away from NextDoor…

i looked on nextdoor yesterday and it was full of posts like "my husband is in the hospital dying of covid, please pray for him" with tons of comments to the tune of "my (relative) too! praying to GOD for their recovery from this evil man-made virus!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏"

Apr 7, 2003

Parents start petition demanding Pittsburgh Diocese make masks optional in schools

quote:

More than 2,300 people have signed an online petition asking the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh to keep masks optional.

The diocese on Tuesday announced that students, faculty and staff at diocesan schools will have to wear masks indoors to start the academic year regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status.

The diocese said it was mandating masks as part of its mitigation efforts meant to keep students learning in person five days a week.

Some of the parents signing the petition wrote that they enrolled their children in Catholic schools partly because they believed there would be no mask requirement.

“While last year, the Diocesan schools set the standard and defied the norm by returning students to the classroom in-person 5 days a week, albeit masked, they have decided to surrender what is in the best interest of our children and follow the crowd this year,” reads the petition posted by “DioPitt Parents”.

“Our children are being subjected to the most stringent guidelines of any group in the state. There is a growing concern that parents are losing their rights to do what is best for their children. We must stand up as parents and as a community and say enough is enough.”

As of Thursday morning, nearly 2,400 people had added their names to the petition.

The diocese said it would re-evaluate its mask policy in late September and could update it based on guidance from the county, state or federal level.

“Although we had hoped to be in a position to allow optional masking, that is not possible at this point in time,” Michelle Peduto, director of Catholic schools, wrote in a letter to school communities. “The protocols for quarantining in an optional-mask environment would significantly compromise our ability to provide in-person instruction. We must evaluate how the first month of classroom instruction impacts COVID numbers for students of all ages.”

Diocese schools were able to hold classes in person during most of the 2020-21 academic year, but occasional shutdowns occurred because of COVID-19 cases and exposures.

Per federal law, masks are required to be worn on school buses.

Beyond masking, the diocese also said it would institute several other health and safety policies for its schools, including physical distancing in classrooms and lunchrooms and the ventilation of classrooms.

Cases of COVID-19 have been increasing in Allegheny County, as well as others parts of the state, although the county and state have not issued a mask mandate at this time.

It kicks rear end that the media is putting these lunatics front and center and treating their desire to subject their children to an increased risk of death as legitimate.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

parents are completely insane

masks are so trivial.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Is there literally any legal risk to taking the proper course of action and getting your third shot without waiting for the teacher's permission to save your life

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shifty Pony posted:

is there any scientific evidence that life-vests work for 15 year old Capricorns who ate a bagel with strawberry cream cheese for breakfast?

that's what I thought.

Oh yeah that reminds me.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1317259993633247232

1:06

Imagine being wronger in August of 2021 than Tucker Carlson was in March 2020z

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Platystemon posted:

We have no evidence that any living person is mortal, therefore attempted murder shouldn’t be a crime.

where's the double-blind peer-reviewed study showing that using a parachute vs. falling to the ground saves lives???

Apr 7, 2003

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

parents are completely insane

masks are so trivial.

My favorite is "the masks trap pathogens that my kid was breathing out, making them sick" that's not how that works!

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

SpaceDrake posted:

alright, but. im sorry cspam, i have to realpost for a minute here

I'm actually super loving worried about the next 6-8 weeks. like. it is now virtually guaranteed that millions of children are going to be infected with covid-19 — probably north of 75% of the entire school-age population, especially the elementary demographic — and the sheer overload of the health system this will cause is going to kill tens of thousands of children in the space of a month or two. I am deadass actually expecting that we are going to be facing down a hundred thousand dead children by some point in October. and I have no loving idea what happens after that. what happens after the biggest child mortality crisis in this country in more than a century, and this one self-manufactured.

like, the leadership and certain parts of the bourgeoisie are going to try to not give a poo poo beyond platitudes, and at least at first I expect a Sandy Hook-esque shrug, but by the time the death wave really sets in, even at only like 50,000 dead that's going to be six digits worth of parents who are just. just totally and completely out of their minds with grief and rage. and power will try and do nothing, and. they're going to want to express their anger.

i'm not predicting ~~civil war~~ because i don't expect it to be a war; war implies some level of organization. i just keep imagining this white-hot ball of rage erupting all across the country, and. it'll just be people doing poo poo because gently caress it, our children are dead, our world has already ended, and so far nobody has given a gently caress. well we'll make you give a gently caress.

like. tell me the molochian virus furnace we're about to shovel 60 million children into isn't going to result in massive child death, cspam. tell me the next few months I see ahead of us is just me doom-braining. :smith:

bro it used to be like this before the modern medical system made childhood illness a thing of the past. you'd just have smallpox or polio sweep through a town and obliterate all the kids lol. life will continue just as it did then because someones gotta generate value for shareholders. sucks about the dead kids but maybe america shouldn't have spent 70 years preventing the left from having any sort of power if didn't want this future.

Lady Militant fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 19, 2021

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

so far we've had 4 doctors call the pharmacy and ask if they can get a booster, to which we've responded "lol, no" because they aren't immunocompromised... couple of them got pissed and said it's bullshit they can't get a booster, one of them immediately sent in an rx for ivermectin for himself and i presume his office sidepiece

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

overheard at the grocery store last night:

cashier: "i don't remember all these produce codes, i work in bakery and haven't run a cash register in 10 years"

supervisor: "we'll get someone to replace you soon so you can go back and clean up... sorry, i have never seen this many sick calls at once"

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Lady Militant posted:

bro it used to be like this before the modern medical system made childhood illness a thing of the past. you'd just have smallpox or polio sweep through a town and obliterate all the kids lol. life will continue just as it did then because someones gotta generate value for shareholders. sucks about the dead kids but maybe america shouldn't have spent 70 years preventing the left from having any sort of power if didn't want this future.

"Everything the Soviets warned us about capitalism turned out to be true", former USSR peeps

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Spoondick posted:

so far we've had 4 doctors call the pharmacy and ask if they can get a booster, to which we've responded "lol, no" because they aren't immunocompromised... couple of them got pissed and said it's bullshit they can't get a booster, one of them immediately sent in an rx for ivermectin for himself and i presume his office sidepiece

can't they just jab themselves like what

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

maybe they are doctors of literature, OP

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

[COVID-19] My (soon to be ex) husband is fully vaxxed

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoondick posted:

"poisoning ourselves is within the rules - I'll show them!" - very smart rule obeyers

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Koirhor posted:

Biggest take away for me is that if Abbot got his third dose 2 weeks ago or more and his titers theoretically shot to the moon….HE STILL GOT INFECTED

he probably was engaging in very high risk behavior. no angel

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

not sure many private practices are administering covid vaccines, in california they're distributed by public health to clinics and pharmacies, not sure they're shipping direct to doctors since it seems like they don't do small pack sizes appropriate for their patient numbers

Apr 7, 2003

Palladium posted:

"Everything the Soviets warned us about capitalism turned out to be true", former USSR peeps

More like Crapitalism! lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Mask
Virus
Death
Invincible
Economy

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Gonna relay my booster experience again. (and my wife's was almost the same)

- Book online. Click yes for immune compromised. (Wife clicked no)
- Check in at CVS. "Is this your first or second" "Third actually" "Cool"

Our insurance provider wasn't setup for a 3rd yet so they billed it to the feds as uninsured.

Proceed to feel like poo poo for 12 hours a day later.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

what is wrong with my country

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
someone i used to work with in mississippi has covid and can't taste or smell and has severe headaches and body aches and low oxygen. another person we used to work with is on his post about it offering him ivermectin, which he is happily agreeing to take. he is not vaccinated. I liked working with him and on the one hand, I don't want him to die. on the other hand, now i want him to die.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
https://twitter.com/bopinion/status/1428145002836791298

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

osprey posted:

i looked on nextdoor yesterday and it was full of posts like "my husband is in the hospital dying of covid, please pray for him" with tons of comments to the tune of "my (relative) too! praying to GOD for their recovery from this evil man-made virus!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏"

Had to delete it. I'm afraid the brain rot is contagious.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sonny Chiba died from Covid.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Yeah because everyone isn't already drowning in clothes

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Spoondick posted:

pharmacist: no u can’t have a jab
[[immediately gives himself his daily booster]]

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

get princess blowhole an account

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

I'd totally forgotten about Michigan's spring wave, they were the only state where that seemingly happened, and with no explanation of it

Michigan had harder COVID restrictions than anyone else, and as soon as Biden got elected Whitmer fired up the woodchipper. That's the long and short of that.

We're now heading into fall with a worse variant, less vaccinated people than most states, and absolutely no restrictions. Most of our vaccinated people were vaccinated by the end of May so efficacy is already waning.

The Delta wave is gradually moving from the South up this way and when it gets here we're gonna be worse than Florida or Texas.

SchrodingersCat fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

SchrodingersCat posted:

Michigan had harder COVID restrictions than anyone else, and as soon as Biden got elected Whitmer fired up the woodchipper. That's the long and short of that.

blue maga is real and they've been going wild since January.

They did what the Daily Show told them to do, orange bad man is gone, and they want their reward right fuckin now