Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

what’s the fatality rate for vaccine less kids ages 1-12? with delta I mean. trying to explain to family just how many kids would probably die in California if the mask mandates went away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

China continues to own the gently caress out of the US on covid. Because they actually had a delta outbreak, instead of a wave of delta riding on a zillion other variants, they had better opportunity to study the epidemiology of that specific variant:

Transmission dynamics and epidemiological characteristics of Delta variant infections in China posted:

Background The Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2 has become predominant globally. We evaluated the transmission dynamics and epidemiological characteristics of the Delta variant in an outbreak in southern China.

Methods Data on confirmed cases and their close contacts were retrospectively collected from the outbreak that occurred in Guangdong, China in May-June 2021. Key epidemiological parameters, temporal trend of viral loads and secondary attack rates were estimated and compared between the Delta variant and the wild-type SARS-CoV-2 virus. We also evaluated the association of vaccination with viral load and transmission.

Results We identified 167 patients infected with the Delta variant in the Guangdong outbreak. The mean estimates of the latent period and the incubation period were 4.0 days and 5.8 days, respectively. A relatively higher viral load was observed in Delta cases than in wild-type infections. The secondary attack rate among close contacts of Delta cases was 1.4%, and 73.9% (95% confidence interval: 67.2%, 81.3%) of the transmissions occurred before onset. Index cases without vaccination (OR: 2.84, 95% confidence interval: 1.19, 8.45) or with one dose of vaccination (OR: 6.02, 95% confidence interval: 2.45, 18.16) were more likely to transmit infection to their contacts than those who had received 2 doses of vaccination.

Discussion Patients infected with the Delta variant had more rapid symptom onset. The shorter and time-varying serial interval should be accounted in estimation of reproductive numbers. The higher viral load and higher risk of pre-symptomatic transmission indicated the challenges in control of infections with the Delta variant.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why the gently caress would an actual doctor take ivermectin. how the gently caress could anyone be so loving stupid.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

SchrodingersCat posted:

Michigan had harder COVID restrictions than anyone else, and as soon as Biden got elected Whitmer fired up the woodchipper. That's the long and short of that.

We're now heading into fall with a worse variant, less vaccinated people than most states, and absolutely no restrictions. Most of our vaccinated people were vaccinated by the end of May so efficacy is already waning.

The Delta wave is gradually moving from the South up this way and when it gets here we're gonna be worse than Florida or Texas.

Yep, everyone went hog wild when the restrictions dropped, and covid spiked. The only long term silver lining has been a lot of people here got vaxxed because of that spike forcing people to interact with covid and its consequences.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Can someone remind me how loving stupid of an idea it is for me to move apartments in October? Thanks

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Palladium posted:

Yeah because everyone isn't already drowning in clothes

I just had a birthday and bought a bunch of clothes.

it was all new lounge wear because I know I’m not leaving the house for another year.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

LionArcher posted:

I just had a birthday and bought a bunch of clothes.

it was all new lounge wear because I know I’m not leaving the house for another year.

I've worn almost nothing but white t-shirts and loungewear since last March

I had a nice pair of PITTSBURGH PIRATES lounge shorts that I threw out yesterday because my rear end wore a hole through them

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Business Gorillas posted:

Can someone remind me how loving stupid of an idea it is for me to move apartments in October? Thanks

lmao get your booster

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

lol everybody is talking about going back to the office, but I just finally got an office job and they are letting me work from home starting next week. Can’t believe I made it through Covid year 1 working in food service with a bunch of idiots.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Judakel posted:

lmao get your booster

Getting it a week from tomorrow!

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Gripweed posted:

Sonny Chiba died from Covid.

I didn't know Sonny Cheeba was named after a real person. What a lovely way to find out :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRLty5htsk

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

corona familiar posted:

:buddy:

i fixed some performance issues and added some info, then thought i might as well try adding music to it in resolve

choose your character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTS0z4ziJCM

or

https://i.imgur.com/1ReewM3.mp4

(may have to right-click, unmute)

youtube content id can go gently caress itself

:perfect:

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Bet you could get some crazy pandemic deals if you wait until the panic sets in

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Spoondick posted:

one of them immediately sent in an rx for ivermectin for himself and i presume his office sidepiece

lol at MDs

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lmao i was told by A Pharmacist in the bad thread, indirectly, they’d rather prevent FRAUD than put doses into arms. can we gas that stupid loving thread already?

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

College Rockout posted:

This is what I thought in 2020 but instead housing skyrocketed to all time highs :lol:

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Getting it a week from tomorrow!

is the booster available late September?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

College Rockout posted:

I've already decided on my place (walking distance from my favorite grocery store, a target, and has a giant balcony that I can grow a jungle to hide and smoke weed in)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Statehouse reps and local talk radio hosts appear to be all we're gonna get but at least it's something.

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
we seem to be testing negatively towards the positive

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/qviN0iZ.mp4

kater
Nov 16, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

why the gently caress would an actual doctor take ivermectin. how the gently caress could anyone be so loving stupid.

I got lectured by my doctor the day I got my shot about how vaccine cards would be required for not being deported

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

i haven't worn a shirt with a collar or pants with a zipper or buttons since march 5 2020. when i do have to go into the office a day or two a week lmao if they think i'm wearing hard pants

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

christ that is disgusting. what a piece of poo poo.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

Statehouse reps and local talk radio hosts appear to be all we're gonna get but at least it's something.

"Famous enough for an obituary, not famous enough for Regeneron"

:sad:

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

post COVID posted:

China continues to own the gently caress out of the US on covid. Because they actually had a delta outbreak, instead of a wave of delta riding on a zillion other variants, they had better opportunity to study the epidemiology of that specific variant:

It's amazing how much the US, and frankly most of the west, has depended on the success of the Chinese state in containing the virus. Chinese manufacturing has kept supply chains mostly running and researchers there can work to actually understand the epidemiology of the virus as opposed to just throwing up their hands and wondering where all the COVID cases are coming from.

Imagine if China had taken the same approach to the pandemic as the US. The global economy would have collapsed.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

i like the hospital bed set up in a gas station bathroom at the end

gregday
May 23, 2003

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i like the hospital bed set up in a gas station bathroom at the end

my favorite part is the iphone cable attached to the finger with a bandaid

edit: no it's the electrodes worn while driving a car

gregday fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 19, 2021

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
are you guys saying that's fake? there's a go fund me. gotta be legit!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-dom...5e-347a87b4af40

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/lapublichealth/status/1427796523061059587?s=20

Yep, that'll do it

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I still dress every day for work like I always did. Except safety shoes.

1. When I do have to go in I can just change shoes and leave.

2. This helps me separate work and not work.

3. Who tf had uncomfortable work clothes in the first place? Why would you own uncomfortable clothes?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

3. Who tf had uncomfortable work clothes in the first place? Why would you own uncomfortable clothes?

Been working mostly naked for the past 18 months ama

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mastershakeman posted:

I'd totally forgotten about Michigan's spring wave, they were the only state where that seemingly happened, and with no explanation of it

we don't know really why the 5th wave stopped at Canada, Michigan and a bit of Minnesota. it's part of why Osterholm is like, stop predicting what will or will not start and stop waves, we literally do not fully understand it, we can just prepare best we can for the next one

Serf
May 5, 2011

gently caress dress codes in general, but one of the big benefits of working from home for me was that i could wear shorts all day and take my prosthetic leg off. did wonders for taking care of the skin on my stump

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Thoguh posted:

yea the people actually in charge know it is all a grift

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
https://twitter.com/RandyOnEd/status/1428100056029224963?s=19

lol that will loving do it you god drat idiots

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

Nocturtle posted:

It's amazing how much the US, and frankly most of the west, has depended on the success of the Chinese state in containing the virus. Chinese manufacturing has kept supply chains mostly running and researchers there can work to actually understand the epidemiology of the virus as opposed to just throwing up their hands and wondering where all the COVID cases are coming from.

Imagine if China had taken the same approach to the pandemic as the US. The global economy would have collapsed.

That's twice now China has saved global capitalism. Some comrades...

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Nocturtle posted:

the first delta outbreak in China was discovered in Guangzhou city in a 75 year old woman - i don't think the origin is publicly known. government intervention dropped the effective Rf fron ~9 to ~0.5 in 3 weeks with 167 cases detected.

i'm so fuckin jealous

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

all clothing which isn't gym clothing is by default uncomfortable. having to tuck a shirt in is violence. gently caress office attire forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
name the one thing that will absolutely ensure republican governors double down on their stupidity