Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Thoguh posted:

I think the difference is that "trusting science" means you trust data, analysis, the scientific method, etc. The C-SPAM COVID thread trusts science. But "Trusting The Science is just religious deflection to the people that you have declared to be the authorities and worshipping whatever they say as the unilateral truth, and the moment that truth changes as declared by the authorities you immediately change and never acknowledge they ever said anything different. The D&D Covid thread Trusts The Science.

The GBS thread trusts Joe Rogan.

"Trust Science" is a made up liberal truism with one goal: Conflate policymaking with research. The Science says we should lock down; The Science says we should open up. No, science doesn't say poo poo about this.

Science says if you lock down or open up that certain consequences are likely to happen. It's up to the policymakers to run the risk analysis and determine what outcome is most desirable. The policymakers have absolved themselves from any responsibility by saying that science simply told them what to do. Any policy failures must be the fault of science and scientists, not policymakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The worst person I ever worked for lived there and owned a restaurant in Washington.

he was a horrible person and I hope he's dead but he's probably not.

I fully support the right of these people to self-segregate up there.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol england owns

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1428370669759352832?s=19

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I fully support the right of these people to self-segregate up there.

But holy gently caress do they have opinions on new bike lanes in the city

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

"Trust Science" is a made up liberal truism with one goal: Conflate policymaking with research. The Science says we should lock down; The Science says we should open up. No, science doesn't say poo poo about this.

Science says if you lock down or open up that certain consequences are likely to happen. It's up to the policymakers to run the risk analysis and determine what outcome is most desirable. The policymakers have absolved themselves from any responsibility by saying that science simply told them what to do. Any policy failures must be the fault of science and scientists, not policymakers.

It's the evolution of buying out and propagating Fact Checking websites before everyone realized those were bullshit

"Listen to us and we'll tell you if these facts are true!" - BOOOOOOOOO

"Listen to these facts! You can't dispute scientific facts!" - YAAAAAAASSSS

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Google Butt posted:

anyone stopped doing certain activities in order to reduce the chance of injury that may land you in the hallway of your local er again?

I kept the 4 wheeler in 3rd gear when driving around without a helmet

Also stopped doing handstands

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

entirely bullshit she doesn't have a checkmark

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I know the video was a few pages back with the chick faking...some sort of symptoms. Apart from the ludicrous electrodes placed with no rhyme or reason in her car, as someone in the physical therapy field her movements are completely fake as poo poo and drive me up a wall.

I spent maybe 2 minutes watching it and found basically two dozen ways she's faking the entire thing (no appropriate pain response, lack of increased tone in regions supposedly causing tremors, no compensatory strategies we would see in a real neuro patient such as lack of hip drop when she walks, plus the refered neurological pattern doesn't even correlate with how spinal nerve tracks work).

I want to meet this woman to punch her in the face.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

yellowD posted:

But holy gently caress do they have opinions on new bike lanes in the city

bike lanes are an affront to god, they should instead build bike paths fully segregated from traffic

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

A wise man once said this is a pandemic of testing

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

"Science" is also kind of an aesthetic thing vaguely having to do with technology and generally opposed to Republicans/Trump.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Google Butt posted:

anyone stopped doing certain activities in order to reduce the chance of injury that may land you in the hallway of your local er again?

yep. was going to start biking a bit more but fuuuuuck that right now. especially because drives seem to be a special kind of awful. I don't know it is is pandemic related or due to the city growing though.

saw my neighbor up on his roof using a broom to sweep out the gutters and had an urge to go running over warning him like he was getting ready to strike a match near a pool of gasoline or something.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Fenarisk posted:

I know the video was a few pages back with the chick faking...some sort of symptoms. Apart from the ludicrous electrodes placed with no rhyme or reason in her car, as someone in the physical therapy field her movements are completely fake as poo poo and drive me up a wall.

I spent maybe 2 minutes watching it and found basically two dozen ways she's faking the entire thing (no appropriate pain response, lack of increased tone in regions supposedly causing tremors, no compensatory strategies we would see in a real neuro patient such as lack of hip drop when she walks, plus the refered neurological pattern doesn't even correlate with how spinal nerve tracks work).

I want to meet this woman to punch her in the face.
Why would you punch a disabled women in the face?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

brugroffil posted:

Let me check my local hospital...

94.8% of all beds 89% of ICU

lol

I have one at 36%, one at 73%, everything else is 80% to 100% :ohdear:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
note that those are as of august 6th. that info is two weeks old. the number of people in my county in the hospital have more than doubled from two weeks ago.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Google Butt posted:

yes. about a year ago, i stopped being careless about eating food that may have already spoiled. ive never had this little diarrhea in a looooooooong time. lol!! this year, i only bike on my bike trainer and i drive a lot more defensively now.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
For almost a decade I ran an ultimate frisbee league which used university fields (Concordia) but was open to both students and the public. We last played on March 8th, 2020.

Some players reached out to ask if we were starting up again. Before replying "lol, no" I went to check the uni website and see if anything had been updated recently.

Oh

Oh goddamnit you idiots

https://www.concordia.ca/coronavirus/return-to-campus.html posted:

At Concordia, a minimum of two metres of physical distance from others must be maintained in high-traffic spaces including eating areas and places where lineups can form.

Physical distancing is not required in classrooms in which students remain masked. Instructors may remove their masks if they maintain a minimum of two metres of physical distance at all times.

For courses with activities requiring significant movement or interaction, e.g., performance-based courses, masks may be removed only when individuals are able to maintain a minimum of two metres of physical distance at all times.

In spaces such as teaching or research labs, studios, meeting rooms and offices, masks may be removed when individuals are able to maintain a minimum of two metres of physical distance at all times.

Welp, time to start raising hell.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gonna be a fun race to see if abbot and/or desantis can win a presidential election before the Rona kills enough republicans to have a significant electoral impact

Idea: exploit blatant ideology for my own benefit
reality: society in Florida turns retirement communities into ghost towns as zoomers roam the streets hollering THE BOOMERCAUST HAS ARRIVED

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

dxt posted:

Love to hear someone coughing in my unmasked poorly ventilated large room full of cubes office. :rip: me.

Lol same.

Love to hear HR loudly talking about people who have covid but not a single email or announcement that everyone in the office has been exposed.

Can I sue the poo poo out of them for reckless endangerment if I get covid?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

no you very explicitly cannot

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
wtf how do you use more beds than you have

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol same.

Love to hear HR loudly talking about people who have covid but not a single email or announcement that everyone in the office has been exposed.

Last person I heard about who tried, the judge said she had a more or less slam dunk case but refused to hear it on the grounds that it would be too disruptive

I suspect that the first person to get past that barrier sees an immediate escalation to SCOTUS who formalizes that

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’ll probably keep riding my bike but only because it’s my only outlet right now, gently caress it. I’m on trails anyway.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

lol

lmao

i guarantee corporate immunity to covid got quietly passed at some point in the last 8 months

e:
https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/50-state-update-on-covid-19-business-2317578/

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Domb trukmp

Wrong thread sorry

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I’ll probably keep riding my bike but only because it’s my only outlet right now, gently caress it. I’m on trails anyway.

you have a bike just embrace the fact that you will eventually become road paste

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol same.

yes, but the likelihood that you’ll win is slim

this is the case that i think Epic High Five is referencing: https://www.natlawreview.com/article/maryland-federal-court-limits-employer-liability-to-third-parties-face-covid-19

judge said ya, southwest really hosed up but if i rule in the plaintiff’s favor, it’ll be bad for the ultimate protected class: corporations

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Louisgod posted:

carts in hallways or jammed in between existing beds

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Louisgod posted:

if you get two tall people laying a bit staggered head-to-toe, boom, that's 6 ft

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Making beds out of anything you can find.

in the icu it means they're starting to increase their care ratios. so fewer nurses taking care of more patients.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Louisgod posted:

They got patients in hallways and on floors lol cucked failed state

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Louisgod posted:

uh, did you see how many people they had per bed in India when delta hit?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

icu bunk beds

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Louisgod posted:

people in hallways, expanded capacity not accounted for in the initial number (ICU in parking deck\ break room turned into overflow), poo poo like that. Saw it happen a lot in the last wave looking at GA numbers.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

zegermans posted:

I do not like this bed at all.
a lot of things have come to call.
A cow, a dog, a cat, a mouse.
Oh! What a bed! Oh! What a house!

I do not like these beds at all
COVID has now come for all
A cough, a choke, a hack, a pall
The ER left me in the hall.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Louisgod posted:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Making beds out of anything you can find.

in the icu it means they're starting to increase their care ratios. so fewer nurses taking care of more patients.

you have two hands

that means you can code two people at once

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

All the western states/alaska will be filled in soon.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

SchrodingersCat posted:

I do not like these beds at all
COVID has now come for all
A cough, a choke, a hack, a pall
The ER left me in the hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Has Joseph Robinette Biden been asked when he got his third shot and how many months it was after his first 2?

lol of course nothing matters but gently caress that rear end in a top hat