Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Get your beans now while you still can

i got my beans and anything i thought people would panic buy last week :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
can't believe so many people are dying from too many prayers.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://twitter.com/NC5PhilWilliams/status/1428439629586382861?s=20

this graph proves nothing, trust the science. we must move forwards not backwards. kids learning from home is worse than death

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tzen posted:

[COVID-19] Setup A Firing Squad Of Maskless People

ftfy

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fosborb posted:

oh god people are showing up crazy sick for Regeneron rather than going to the hospital

https://twitter.com/bjoewolf/status/1428383551729307657?s=19

Going to go return my library books today and holy gently caress why are there bodies strewn throughout the halls

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

IAMKOREA posted:

you guys are giving out monoclonal antibodies at libraries? what the gently caress is going on?

recap:

one of desantis' biggest donors is also one of regeneron's largest shareholders

so desantis cut a deal where he used state money to buy a bunch of regeneron doses to hand out, incidentally raising regeneron's stock price to record heights

a journalist wrote an article about it

not even 24 hours later that journalist wrote a terrified tweet about his dms filling with death threats and literally begged "Please don't kill me". can't link because he locked down his account shortly afterward

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Stereotype posted:

i got my beans and anything i thought people would panic buy last week :smug:

I'm heading to the 'Co here in a bit to stock up on poo poo tickets, beans, rice, et al. I suspect I won't be leaving my house a whole lot once the temperature drops, we're going into this in a worse condition than we went into last winter lol.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vox Nihili posted:

Going to go return my library books today and holy gently caress why are there bodies strewn throughout the halls

Library Science!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

to be fair, when they're already sick is an excellent time to try to get your local official to consume horse dewormer or fish tank cleaner

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Tzen posted:

lol they've swindled $16k from folks already

I’ve reported them for fraud, let’s see where it goes

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

who could have predicted this, any of this

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

holy poo poo I thought the regeneron grift was a run of the mill pumping the stock grift I had no idea Florida was doing regeneron POPUPS at the loving LIBRARY. are these people paying out of pocket or something???

Just gonna head on down to the public library for a shot of $50,000 snake oil

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/abrahamjoseph/status/1428451831487897602

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Get your beans now while you still can

grow your own beans (GYOB)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm sorry, this is funny as hell and I'm not going to pretend it isn't.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

well that didn't work out did it

Ahhhhhhhh it always gets me how long it takes for infected people to die. Just weeks and weeks of severe illness mixed with increasing gasping terror.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

They’re not doing that anyway.

Seriously they couldn't even pass HR1, which is of existential importance for the continued viability of the Democratic party and its ability to do anything. Kind of checked out of following US congressional politics after they just let it get filibustered, not like I can vote here anyway.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Louisgod posted:

wtf how do you use more beds than you have

stack people in the hallways

When my dad was somewhere in the middle of his 5 or so covid related hospital trips they just had him propped up in the hallway for about 12 hours while they waited for someone to die a room to open up

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:thunk:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

you just have to say it before you are wheezing too hard to speak

gregday
May 23, 2003

lol loving tobymac

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
~ELASTOMERIC ELITE ISSUES~
I still have some questions/concerns about the quality of my seal and if I'm doing everything right. I don't want to derail this thread much, plus it already moves fast and replies get lost. I wouldn't mind PMing someone if they're able and willing to help - because I have no one IRL I can turn to for this stuff - but I imagine I'm not the only one with concerns and questions.
Maybe we should have a thread for respirator chat and stuff? I feel like there's probably enough to justify it?

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Tzen posted:

lol they've swindled $16k from folks already

swindling antivax chuds, you say?

:hmmyes: that's a powerful grift

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Stereotype posted:

i thought the panic would be this week, but i underestimated just how good america is at ignoring massive existential problems. next week then i guess

95% of people think they're gonna be fine, either because they think covid isn't real or that vaccines are foolproof

95% of people are right. The issue is those groups are different

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

IAMKOREA posted:

you guys are giving out monoclonal antibodies at libraries? what the gently caress is going on?

Greatest country on earth, friendo

gregday
May 23, 2003

remembering back to that time trump pronounces regeneron as Reagan Enron

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

:justpost:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I still have some questions/concerns about the quality of my seal and if I'm doing everything right. I don't want to derail this thread much, plus it already moves fast and replies get lost. I wouldn't mind PMing someone if they're able and willing to help - because I have no one IRL I can turn to for this stuff - but I imagine I'm not the only one with concerns and questions.
Maybe we should have a thread for respirator chat and stuff? I feel like there's probably enough to justify it?

i read every single post in this thread as a rolling act of mortification for the sin of being alive and having ACE2 receptors in my alveolar epithelia

what's the issue eh

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
A panic would at least mean people are taking this seriously. I never really stopped stocking up on supplies. Both my wife and I mentioned that we are seeing way more masks than we did when we first got here but not all of the schools have started yet. I hope to hear more information regarding schools at work tomorrow. Oh boy!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My intubated breakthrough patient got off the vent today. Long way to go but a good sign. :gbsmith:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

not when a tube is jammed down your throat lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Ask the question. Are you clean shaven?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

:hai:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9scIyiDoNI

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

gregday posted:

remembering back to that time trump pronounces regeneron as Reagan Enron

remembering how Regeneron made Trump publicly bi for a week

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

I tell you what, a library with no bodies strewn about is a library I don't want to be in.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poo poo like this over the past sixteen months has permanently destroyed my ability to interact with other human beings and inflicted trauma on me in ways I'll be untangling for years.

I never thought my misanthropy could reach the levels it's presently at but well, America makes fools of us all.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

tired of working from home but also don’t want to go back into an office

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

SchrodingersCat posted:

I tell you what, a library with no bodies strewn about is a library I don't want to be in.

unironically this

if there aren't people sleeping at a bank of computers your library is cops

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

fosborb posted:

remembering how Regeneron made Trump publicly bi for a week

what a time that was, to be alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE