Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/realmmarshall1/status/1428219014770221057?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

No QT if you block reply it like that it just means more people will see your shame!

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Basically all the football leagues in the UK from the premier league down to a bunch of lads from your local pub signed up to the local Sunday league team can be in the same pyramid system. My brother plays for a team that if they were to be promoted for something stupid like fifteen years in a row would end up in the Premier League.

The US league system doesn’t relegate, which is a real shame, but it does have a few levels and there is a yearly tournament which the smaller teams can dream about. Doesn’t happen often but the Charleston Battery made the finals in 2008 and the Rochester Rhinos won in 1999. You often have one Cinderella team to cheer for until the disappointment of the quarterfinals.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/livingcolour/status/1421946854800039942?s=21

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Oh Roman...

https://twitter.com/btsportwwe/status/1428434134502883329?s=20

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

roman reigns is moving the needle

downward!!!!!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Six thousand wrestlemanias and never drew a dime.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

LOL I hope Roman is just toeing the line because if he's not dude is so many levels of delusional about his own talent.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Roman Reigns?
Who'd he ever beat?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Someone on reddit is defending it because its taken out of context.

Context

He's defending Rock vs Cena main eventing WM twice.

The context makes it actually worse.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Renaissance Spam posted:

LOL I hope Roman is just toeing the line because if he's not dude is so many levels of delusional about his own talent.

He was definitely instructed to talk poo poo about punk, for the same reason they’re putting all of his wwe matches up. Drive seo, get people to see the headline “roman reigns better than cm punk?” When they google his name tomorrow night when he’s trending.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I’m not sure why anyone would expect something else from the top guy at wwe.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Finally, concrete proof Punk is going to AEW.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he did ooahh in a film.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE should just focus on themselves and stop taking shots at AEW all the time. It’s going to drive away the casual fans

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought WWE's competition was sleep?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Insertnamehere31 posted:

He was definitely instructed to talk poo poo about punk, for the same reason they’re putting all of his wwe matches up. Drive seo, get people to see the headline “roman reigns better than cm punk?” When they google his name tomorrow night when he’s trending.

It's not working well cause googling CM Punk just brings up AEW news

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I for one will take Roman's word for it. Hes an expert on not moving the needle and not being over.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I'll be honest. Even if this guerilla search engine terrorism was working right now. I don't think WWE are smart enough to actually think of that.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://mobile.twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1428429786330935300?s=20

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Roman Reigns moved the needle, into his buttcheek!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Roman Reigns moved the needle, into his buttcheek!

:cheersdoge:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

no sheiky, thats the problem

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Renaissance Spam posted:

Did you hit the point where you were standing in another room when you got a touchline ban?

Never got banned, never criticized the refs, good Canadian boy.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lid posted:

Someone on reddit is defending it because its taken out of context.

Context

He's defending Rock vs Cena main eventing WM twice.

The context makes it actually worse.
I thought most thought it was a good idea at the time. But in retrospect, the majority now generally consider it a bad move?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:hmmyes:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Coaaab posted:

I thought most thought it was a good idea at the time. But in retrospect, the majority now generally consider it a bad move?

It did giant business both times so it was the right WWE move to make. Love Punk but inserting him into that as a third wheel just to get pinned (which he basically says he wanted on the Cabana cast!) was not the right move.

WWE was wrong about basically everything they did with Punk but this was not it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Coaaab posted:

Rock vs Cena is a fine idea on paper but the build for both matches was dogshit. Furthermore, they probably could have done Punk vs Rock vs Cena and kept the intrigue while protecting Cena, and Punk could have had an even longer reign while still making Rock look good for being the guy to beat him AND you could have run Cena vs Rock again next year. Cena could have won the Rumble, or you could have Cena win at Summerslam and then do it again at WM.

They chose the shittiest, least interesting option.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1428472898445103106

Just go on AEW and manage someone already Mick

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I don't think Mick Foley should manage anyone in AEW, but I think I'd love it if they just put him backstage during shows and filmed him and showed interactions between him and people who pass by on Dynamite. Just him being genuinely happy to talk to people he's meeting for the first time or has known for a long time.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Mick is totally going to be at Dynamite in Queens isn't he

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Not scared at all. Having an extremely normal one.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk is a guy Mick Foley saw in early ROH along with Samoa Joe and went to bat for constantly. Dude really wants wrestling to be good and cares about what came after him.

I love Mick Foley.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Mick is totally going to be at Dynamite in Queens isn't he

A lot of legends seem to be making overtures towards AEW, and I’m sure AEW is happy to be able to associate with them too. At the very least, the video game is going to have an amazing roster.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This one is much funnier.

https://twitter.com/wrestlepurists/status/1428456951491485697?s=21

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
they had to put a gas mask muzzle on him to make him fail

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I realize that's mostly kayfabe but like.. wasn't Dean the only one in the shield people actually gravitated towards (for good reason, Mox owns) despite their repeated attempts to bury him?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think, given the context, that might actually be worse than what Seth said about Mox.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Love dat boot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Roman Reigns getting into the company's Cope supply.