Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Phoenix Flavour is a solid guide and the maintainer puts a lot into explaining why they make the choices they do but like any mod pack or guide it's someone else's tastes that you hope align closely enough to yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Despite thread title, as long as its not adding big tiddy waifu mudcrabs or whatever I'd imagine most people have played the game enough that it could be fun just trying out someone else's list for the fun of it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

docbeard posted:

Phoenix Flavour is a solid guide and the maintainer puts a lot into explaining why they make the choices they do but like any mod pack or guide it's someone else's tastes that you hope align closely enough to yours

Then again, Phoenix Flavour is also rather modular if you’re following the manual installation steps, so you can ignore any mods you’re not too keen on. I barely added anything from its gameplay section but a lot of its baseline mods are very good picks.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Dameius posted:

Despite thread title, as long as its not adding big tiddy waifu mudcrabs or whatever I'd imagine most people have played the game enough that it could be fun just trying out someone else's list for the fun of it.

What's not fun about big tiddy waifu mudcrabs?

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
I wish they had the option to not include any visual mods. Seems like they all include 50gb of textures and an enb I don’t really care about.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
So it looks like no one fixed the Skjor is still alive bug. The funny thing is I am now the Harbinger, and Aela is my follower, and it looks like Skjor is still stuck in his "always follow Aela and hunt with her" so now he is an extra follower who doesn't do what I say, and just calls me whelp all the time.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
lol just got randomly kidnapped on the way to kynesgrove by a forced npc, yeah that's going to be a no to Dwarfsphere for me. Who thought that was okay

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/NPurkeypile/status/1427650365558857728

Read this whole tweet thread to learn how Bethesda destroyed Skyrim's intro sequence with a single bee.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

A literal bug in the game. :rimshot:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/NPurkeypile/status/1427650365558857728

Read this whole tweet thread to learn how Bethesda destroyed Skyrim's intro sequence with a single bee.

A great detail from this is that several devs (including the OP) repeatedly brought up that there was no point in using realtime physics for the cart ride when it has a single, preset route, and that implementing a pre-made animation would solve every single issue, yet it just... never happened.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just think of how many man-hours that went into fixing that cart scene, not just on the developers time, but also on the modders who would have to find solutions to the cart bugging out with unrelated mods.

And all of that could of been avoided if it was on rails.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Goonswarm from Eve Online broke Skyrim, it seems.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
They probably developed it when they were planning for you to be able to take cart rides with the fast travel system. There is a bunch of unused dialogue for the cart drivers passing by various locations and idle chatter. That's what the mods like Touring Carriages hook into.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just think of how many man-hours that went into fixing that cart scene, not just on the developers time, but also on the modders who would have to find solutions to the cart bugging out with unrelated mods.

And all of that could of been avoided if it was on rails.

Yeah, Static Mesh Improvement Mod breaks the cart because the intro can’t handle the new cart model it introduces. To this day SMIM itself remains unpatched and a third part had to come along and fix the thing it broke by fixing Skyrim’s mesh models.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, Static Mesh Improvement Mod breaks the cart because the intro can’t handle the new cart model it introduces. To this day SMIM itself remains unpatched and a third part had to come along and fix the thing it broke by fixing Skyrim’s mesh models.

Do you have a link to the SMIM patch for the starting sequence?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ynglaur posted:

Do you have a link to the SMIM patch for the starting sequence?

Prisoner cart fix SMIM. Keeps the cart for freaking out with SMIM installed.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

The Treasure Fox myth has been solved:

https://twitter.com/JoelBurgess/status/1428008043556622336

https://twitter.com/JoelBurgess/status/1428008060946194433

https://twitter.com/JoelBurgess/status/1428008064737742856

https://twitter.com/JoelBurgess/status/1428008074233753603

https://twitter.com/JoelBurgess/status/1428008092218925059

https://twitter.com/JoelBurgess/status/1428008102457139206

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, that's really loving cool.:hai:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1428456888354709511?s=19

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Malibu Skyrim has a new hat.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Am I reading this right, is all of the Creation Club stuff natively implemented?

Is... that a good thing? CC is a pretty mixed bag from what I recall.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's never gonna be an Elderscrolls 6.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm not sure if this means I should try and do a modded playthrough before it releases, or wait a few months after it releases for the mod authors to tediously make fixes and/or remove the worst of the creation club.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think the next time I try a Skyrim playthrough I'm going old school and doing my own modding. Wabbajack lists just add too many thing I'm annoyed about and too many things I don't care about.

I swear to god I'm going to get past whatever quest is after that High Elf embassy party at some point.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

Am I reading this right, is all of the Creation Club stuff natively implemented?

Forgotten Seasons is supposed to be good? Maybe? I dunno, the only thing I ever bought from CC was the Vigilant armour set because I was tired of all the Vigilants of Stendar just looking indistinguishable from regular mages when they’re supposed to be a full on order of demon hunters.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

There's some legitimately good CC stuff, but some of it seems blah. Plus, if it's anything like FO4's CC stuff -- which was so untested that it literally prevents the main quest line from starting unless you disable the CC stuff beforehand -- it could cause more problems than it solves.

Good ole' Todd is at it again. TES6 release pushed back to sometime in the 23rd century.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Skwirl posted:

There's never gonna be an Elderscrolls 6.

This is the project they did to familiarize themselves with new hardware. Why not take the opportunity to sell Skyrim again?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

ThaumPenguin posted:

Wasn't every CC House basically a courier running up to you saying "Congrats you now have a fully furnished mansion that also has a teleporter built into it which not even the College of Winterhold has", which might be a bit jarring when you start a new playthrough and get told this right after you escaped Helgen

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wonder if this is gonna outright kill VR modding since I'm sure stuff made for the anniversary edition wont work with special edition.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
As far as I can tell, Anniversary Edition is just the SE with all of the CC stuff built into it so, if it works on SE it should work for AE? In theory at least?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Leal posted:

I wonder if this is gonna outright kill VR modding since I'm sure stuff made for the anniversary edition wont work with special edition.

Skyrim VR is a separate game from Special Edition.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

Skyrim VR is a separate game from Special Edition.

The majority of mods made for special edition will work in VR, its basically special edition with a stereoscopic patch.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Anniversary Edition for PC, I cant tell

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
If they include all (or a lot of) the CC stuff then no one is going to be modding specifically for it because it'll be a compatibility nightmare. Very few mods are designed with compatibility with non Survival Mode CC and I'm reasonably certain that most of the CC content gives no regard to compatibility with anything and likely includes lots of unnecessary edits and scripts and all kind of nonsense that would make modders tear their hair out.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I wonder how many of the CC mods break poo poo randomly and for no other reason than Bethesda doesn't do QA at loving all for anything ever.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Leal posted:

The majority of mods made for special edition will work in VR, its basically special edition with a stereoscopic patch.

That's what I'm worried about since I don't play Skyrim outside of VR anymore.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1428464970602328066

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is it a free upgrade like SE was to people who already owned OG.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Is it a free upgrade like SE was to people who already owned OG.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/REybYU3Gy2InVlHmus4UC/skyrim-10th-anniversary-fan-celebration

Bethesda posted:

Existing owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition and Xbox Game Pass subscribers will also receive the option to purchase an Anniversary Edition upgrade for their Special Edition version of the game to gain access to all the additional content found in the Anniversary Edition.

Guess not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Is it optional and is it a separate entry in Steam? I'd rather not have yet another version of Skyrim gently caress my poo poo up, thanks.

As for VR, Skyrim VR never gets updated so we don't have to worry about that.

e: oh it's optional and costs money, nevermind