Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Google Butt posted:

Get up there and read the manifesto

I'm not going to a school board meeting hahaha - but I wrote a speech that was read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Regeneron's got what plants crave!

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

fosborb posted:

Too long for me to read

lol

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Props to the gun nut saying covid is like a bullet and the masks will stop some of them.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a crack-ping for y'all

There was a study on MMR being conducted by the UFSC school in Brazil, and preliminary data released in March sent locals scurrying to get MMR shots, creating a shortage throughout the country.

The full results of the study were supposed to come out the following month, but never did.

The reason?

Bolsanaro defunded the school

quote:

The budget of the Federal University of Santa Catarina ( UFSC ) is lower this year, informed the Department of Planning and Budget of the university. In addition, there is still no confirmation of the amount of funds that the institution will have until the end of the year, because of blockades announced by the federal government.

With this, the university is renegotiating contracts and there is a risk that the university will need to suspend extension and research projects, as well as investments in maintenance and infrastructure , explained the secretary of Planning and Budget at UFSC, Fernando Richartz. And, if the extra credit for the federal government is not approved by the National Congress ( see below ), there will be no way to pay the employees' payroll in July .

Another federal institution in Santa Catarina that felt the impacts was the Federal Institute of Santa Catarina (IFSC) , which cut some projects and suspended events ( see below ).

The acting dean of UFSC, Catia Carvalho Pinto, stated that she received with "apprehension" the information about the drop in the budget.

quote:

Among the research projects that may be suspended is the MMR vaccine as a way to reduce Covid-19 symptoms .

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I called out a friend for talking down my legitimate concerns. I told them my dentist knew someone get long covid after a breakthrough infection and in response I got THE SCIENCE says that's incredibly rare! And I'm like, you constantly shooting down my perfectly legitimate concerns of getting brain fog or a pace maker installed because I'm here in the office touching other people's headset mouth pieces while you're smugly sitting in a country handling this better -and- you get to work from home -and- you got a better vaccine than me. Please kindly stfu.

Oh I was just trying to help you feel better from all that doomscrolling you do. Yeah well, loving gaslighting me every time I have a concern about vaccines not being bulletproof is NOT HELPING

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

https://youtu.be/PrPkHh0u_i0

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Biowarfare posted:

welcome to why there is always opening for security, because your higher ups refuse to implement security after hiring you, ignore all your recommendations, demand a 2fa exception for the CFO, and when he gets phished and loses all payroll records and PII to some child it's your fault

i am super privileged but somehow i cannot survive a few months with no pay because six figure salaries here starting with a 1 are considered to more or less be 'needs assistance'/low income and living paycheck to paycheck

The funniest thing I've ever personally seen in this realm was looking into the password management system for a company (because I'd never heard of it), and, after pulling out Wireshark to make sure it wasn't doing something dumb, finding out it transfers all its data in the clear. And they were over their user license quota for it by a lot.

Want any creds? Just sit there in the parking lot with the wireless PSK, listen to the traffic, and wait for somebody to access a password in it.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Thoguh posted:

The grocery store pharmacy that I got my shots at sent out an email detailing what they consider to make you eligible for a third shot

So I guess Max will be going to CVS if the boosters don't get approved for some dumbshit reason.

this is copy pasted directly from the cdc / fda authorization page

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Kreeblah posted:

The funniest thing I've ever personally seen in this realm was looking into the password management system for a company (because I'd never heard of it), and, after pulling out Wireshark to make sure it wasn't doing something dumb, finding out it transfers all its data in the clear. And they were over their user license quota for it by a lot.

Want any creds? Just sit there in the parking lot with the wireless PSK, listen to the traffic, and wait for somebody to access a password in it.

hashicorp's salespeople aren't buying enough steak dinners and gift cards in comparison

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lacrosse posted:

I called out a friend for talking down my legitimate concerns. I told them my dentist knew someone get long covid after a breakthrough infection and in response I got THE SCIENCE says that's incredibly rare! And I'm like, you constantly shooting down my perfectly legitimate concerns of getting brain fog or a pace maker installed because I'm here in the office touching other people's headset mouth pieces while you're smugly sitting in a country handling this better -and- you get to work from home -and- you got a better vaccine than me. Please kindly stfu.

Oh I was just trying to help you feel better from all that doomscrolling you do. Yeah well, loving gaslighting me every time I have a concern about vaccines not being bulletproof is NOT HELPING

if any work from homer ever talks down to you about covid just lmao and say for sure dude and then sever

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
after 10 pro mask people speak, an anti masker interrupts. she’s old.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

McNugget Buddy posted:

I have a crack-ping for y'all

There was a study on MMR being conducted by the UFSC school in Brazil, and preliminary data released in March sent locals scurrying to get MMR shots, creating a shortage throughout the country.

The full results of the study were supposed to come out the following month, but never did.

The reason?

Bolsanaro defunded the school

feeling very lib brained, but is this to reduce turnout for the election?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

1 in 100 isn’t even rare !!!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
VACCINES ARE CAUSING THE VARIANT MASKS DONT HELP AND GAVE MY KIDS IMPETEGO

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253612503.html#storylink=rss

quote:

Florida on Thursday reported 15,586 more COVID-19 cases to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, along with 799 deaths over the span of the pandemic, all but one of which occurred in the past month, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.

The one-day jump in the number of reported cases and deaths comes amid a change in the way deaths and cases are counted. The change was implemented by the CDC last week, resulting in occasional one-day aberrations like the 799 deaths reported on Thursday.

The inclusion of the previously uncounted deaths is part of Florida’s ongoing latest wave. It is the largest single-day increase in the tally in Florida COVID pandemic history.

Just casually adding 800 dead nbd :crackping:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

tangy yet delightful posted:

reminded me of this

hard truths from a soft man

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Biowarfare posted:

50/100k would be amazingly low these days

lol i am incredibly bad at math, i knew i should have made the number go up

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
an anti masker just used her young daughter as a political props

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pillowpants posted:

after 10 pro mask people speak, an anti masker interrupts. she’s old.

Reminds me of seeing a cluster of school mask protesters last summer with signs like "school lunches like normal" and the youngest one was about 60 years old. What skin do you have in the game, you old fucks?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

they had recent days where they added over 1000 backdated deaths

only the beginning

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

The Chicago hospital I work at has postponed boosters for all of us who got it in Jan/Feb on account of the CDC delaying authorization.

Looks like I'm headed out for my "first shot" this weekend at walgreens!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
sounds like my brother's coming up to visit from NYC :negative:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

JESUS loving GODDAMN TAP DANCING CHRIST WHAT DOES BEING RELIGIOUS HAVE TO DO WITH VACCINES KMG IMSNZIWNXBA%°%÷©÷&

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bromentum

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

LA County DPH showing new case rates for school age children set to OVERTAKE the curves for all other ages.

amazing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

cr0y posted:

JESUS loving GODDAMN TAP DANCING CHRIST WHAT DOES BEING RELIGIOUS HAVE TO DO WITH VACCINES KMG IMSNZIWNXBA%°%÷©÷&

Dying of respiratory ailments is mandatory in my religion and you'd best respect my beliefs

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

space chandeliers posted:

LA County DPH showing new case rates for school age children set to OVERTAKE the curves for all other ages.

amazing
but you shouldnt be counting cases only deaths!!! cases dont matter anymore!!!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Lacrosse posted:

My grandfather keeps telling me I should be safe because of the vaccines and I finally started cursing at him because it's exhausting. He and my grandmother had been reasonably careful but bought into the BS messaging about the vaccines and have gone full open biden. Eating out, volunteering at the church picnic, etc. They're on the other side of the wall from me since we live in a double house and I started wearing an n95 when I go over to their basement to use the chest freezer and the last two times I was on the back porch grilling I had to scurry away when they came out to talk to me. It's infuriating.

I'm pretty sure it's a defense mechanism because they were extremely protective of me early in the pandemic, like offering to do my grocery shopping as if being 78 wasn't a risk factor similar to my own immunocompromisation. Their is no talking to them. If you mention the new statistics they just repeat what their quack doctor said about only cancer patients getting breakthrough infections. This is the quack that couldn't diagnose an autoimmune condition in my aunt for six years to the point where her neck fused by the time she got to a rheumatologist.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

situation in new zealand... seems bad

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Dave's not here, man

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

cr0y posted:

God doesn't want his disciples taking that dirty vaccine, but the miracle drug made out of aborted fetus cells is a-OK!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Biowarfare posted:

i'm sorry what

they just accepted people threatening violence instead of putting the threat down by any means necessary?

That’s the new norm lol

Republicans don’t need to win elections anymore, they just threaten violence and get their way.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cr0y posted:

Because it's god's plan if you die of COVID.

Usually it reminds me of being a dumbass kid in Youth Group, and the youth pastor told this story about this dude in a flood, who kept rebuffing attempts to evacuate, and then he dies. Then he meets god and is "why didn't you save me?"

Then God says "LMAO, I sent like 5 people to save you, but your dumbass still drowned"

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
One benefit of doing an end run around my state's lousy rollout is that they still think I'm not vaxxed so I get invites to vaccination sites. Might as well get a booster before school starts for the kiddies.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Lacrosse posted:

God doesn't want his disciples taking that dirty vaccine, but the miracle drug made out of aborted fetus cells is a-OK!

Wait, regeneron is made from stem cells? :lmao:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
my state just had the first covid patient die waiting for an icu bed luckily it wasnt in my town but HERE WE FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schmoe Cwead posted:

my state just had the first covid patient die waiting for an icu bed luckily it wasnt in my town but HERE WE FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO

died with library floor, not of library floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

+450,000 cases in America in three days

it is the height of summer