Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

*stares blankly, the subliminal sleeper-cell activation has worked*

KILL... ALL... NAZIS!!!
KILL... CRACKER... EMPIRE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

the CPC should fully get behind anime as a tool of cultural soft power and make the anime nazis confused and frightened with anti racism psas featuring big titted waifus

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Antonymous posted:

it;s a total nonsense statement.

look at downtown manhattan. look at the surface of the moon. there... there are places like swaziland. There are people here. we need free markets.

it's the closest we've ever gotten to a sitting president telling "humanitarian interventionists" to shut the gently caress up. American foreign policy isn't going to be driven by the plight of women, and really never was. That's just the red meat they threw out to get liberal rubes on board for Afghanistan & Iraq.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1426544141828296704?s=21

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I wish I didn't know that "The Bakari Sellers Podcast" existed

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Bro Dad posted:

several times a day aunties across china gather in public parks to do the electric slide as loudly as possible

no im not kidding

virgin western Karen:
walks alone
only goes out to shop and applebees to yell at service workers
saw a black person, called the cops

chad chinese Auntie:
roams in groups
only stops to boogie as hard as possible
they get the cops called on them

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:derp:

https://twitter.com/Jkylebass/status/1428566352713945090
https://twitter.com/Jkylebass/status/1428566355876405255

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

hell yeah

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

:thunk:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

caveat emptor binch

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

*Lennyishly* Xi is worth 1.5 billion. When will he give up his wealth and execute himself. *drool spills out of mouth and eyes cross*

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol yeah, im sure western corporations don't ever dump shareholder money into their friends pockets

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ten cents? Don't mind if I do :china:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Unbelievably hosed up!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/Jkylebass/status/1428567821349539845

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The west is only melting down about tencent, alibaba, and others getting the Xi fisting because those big Chinese tech companies are traded on the Hang Seng which is open for foreign investment. The west is exposed to these companies failing and the west has to pay these fines and penalties.

Just sitting here and thinking about this makes me wonder if this isn't some kind of sanctioning or China saying "hey we can twist the screws," to the west.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
It's more in line with recent policy reigning in private capital and making it clear that the cpc calls the shot

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

The west is only melting down about tencent, alibaba, and others getting the Xi fisting because those big Chinese tech companies are traded on the Hang Seng which is open for foreign investment. The west is exposed to these companies failing and the west has to pay these fines and penalties.

Just sitting here and thinking about this makes me wonder if this isn't some kind of sanctioning or China saying "hey we can twist the screws," to the west.

Might also be a balance of payment thing. If you have a ginormous trade surplus and attract a lot of foreign investment you'll have a lot of pressure on the currency. If I understand this right you can either: Let the value of your currency go up, which might disrupt your industry; buy foreign garbage paper; or dial down foreign investments.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

I love this mondo dumb guy model of the world where the US is always being taken advantage of by other powers despite holding "all the cards"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Good gently caress tencent, stop putting gatcha in my drat video games

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Meanwhile, in Covid news, China is down to like, 6 cases nationwide, daily. That number has been going down since the beginning of the month.

It's amazing what a strong central government that gives a poo poo can accomplish.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Oh sure if you believe those numbers :rolleyes:

They're clearly having millions of cases and just hiding it all

which, uh, I guess would speak to a level of absolute hyper-competence in information control

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

brugroffil posted:

which, uh, I guess would speak to a level of absolute hyper-competence in information control

lol i live in china and since the lockdowns started im not aware that we've had even a single coworker out sick for a cold, in an office with 900 people

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

brugroffil posted:

Didn't Florida fire their state CDC director for stating the actual numbers?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

They fired a data scientist who I think started going off down her own insane rabbit hole eventually

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

brugroffil posted:

Cross posting from the COVID thread, remember back at the beginning of July when Wuhan suddenly reported 50 extra cases from abroad and people were freaking out, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had to come out and explain that:

- Because by the beginning of July, it was abundantly obvious that the situation in Afghanistan was beyond salvage, the government sent a chartered flight to evacuate every PRC national in Afghanistan.
- Considering that Afghanistan was likely an area of high transmission, it was expected that many returnees would test positive, but no one could be left behind as the situation was rapidly deteriorating.
- The flight and crew were specially prepared, every evacuee was PCR tested before leaving and the positive cases were quarantined in the plane, and went straight to isolation after landing in Wuhan

Every PRC national who wanted to leave was evacuated, and the plane even waited for a few stragglers coming in from the provinces by road. A few business people and essential embassy staff remained. Currently they report everything is quiet and the embassy is operating normally, with Taliban fighters posted outside for security. The Chinese businessmen who remained had met with Taliban commanders and been provided with special passes to move around freely. They are careful to stay away from the airport however, lest they be shot at by crazed American troops.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

hm so what youre saying is that the perfidious chinese sabotaged human rights in afghanistan most likely to further their aims of ughyur genocide and world domination interesting

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

hm so what youre saying is that the perfidious chinese sabotaged human rights in afghanistan most likely to further their aims of ughyur genocide and world domination interesting

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

The Chinese businessmen who remained had met with Taliban commanders and been provided with special passes to move around freely. They are careful to stay away from the airport however, lest they be shot at by crazed American troops.

Lfmao

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

First they came for gamers...

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
sayyid qutb rules because he was the inventor of thinkpieces about baby it's cold outside

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1428813851957501955

why is he so terrible and yet so successful

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Boomer mindset is when you think success looks like a strong manufacturing base & burgeoning middle class. Get with the times, grandpa :rolleye:

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

https://twitter.com/Aaron_Good_/status/1428849645036490753?s=20
drat taliban weren't joking around

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

what a filthy lie everyone knows that the american government would never support islamic extremists except for all those times that we did

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i'm sorry japan
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1428813513523355652?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/nytimesworld/status/1428817141256622080

thank goodness south koreas liberal politicians are going to counteract this by

checks notes

preemptively taking harder stances against china to make it harder for right wing politicians to call them weak on china god loving damnit