Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

gently caress yeah, I have a mind to dimension-door the world's murals right up that guy's rear end. Probably some little bitch squire Paladin wanna-be.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Tbh I think the thread title may be discouraging to Non-Evil magic users, and it is stifling discussion.

Petition to open up the thread to all magic users, regardless of alignment has been filed.

naem
May 29, 2011

secular woods sex posted:

Tbh I think the thread title may be discouraging to Non-Evil magic users, and it is stifling discussion.

Petition to open up the thread to all magic users, regardless of alignment has been filed.

I can’t promise we won’t attempt to corrupt them to the darks arts

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Hey guys, I'm a nature wizard, y'know think like... radaghast the brown. I just wanted to say I don't really understand what you folks do here but it's cool with me. My parents were really anti-necromancer you know, and I know lots of people frown on dark magic even today. But I just wanted to say you're cool with me. You do you, you know?

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Hey guys, just found out about this thread and I'm thrilled to finally meet like-minded individuals.
I'm a freelance technomancer , a technolancer if you will :classiclol:

What I do is bit different from 'traditional' arcane arts, but it sorta helps if you think it as more high-tech version of an Enchanter, making and using items to corrupt people.

For example: I was in my dungeon (Its not a basement!) minding my own business when suddenly my internet connection went down. I came up to investigate and from my window I could see a bunch of heroes using a backhoe to destroy my fiber connection. I immediately counter-attacked by tethering my mobile phone and corrupting the Heroic Landscaping's office printer, causing it to misprint financial documents with typos. This will surely get them audited next year!

https://i.imgur.com/fnTqJgJ.gifv

Sormus fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 19, 2021

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Hey guys, I'm a nature wizard, y'know think like... radaghast the brown. I just wanted to say I don't really understand what you folks do here but it's cool with me. My parents were really anti-necromancer you know, and I know lots of people frown on dark magic even today. But I just wanted to say you're cool with me. You do you, you know?

So… you're a druid.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

No, I'm a wizard who communes with nature to a degree that mere mortals could never hope to achieve. It's different.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
...you go into the woods and smoke weed?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hey, I think I saw your van somewhere, weedmage

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Wow. Well if you're going to treat allies this way, you're going to get nowhere in society. If you're going to be so rude, of course you're going to be stuck stealing bodies from the morgue and meeting in abandoned basements.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Wow. Well if you're going to treat allies this way, you're going to get nowhere in society. If you're going to be so rude, of course you're going to be stuck stealing bodies from the morgue and meeting in abandoned basements.

Stuck?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

This isn't a basement, gosh, mom. It's a dungeon!

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Simple question: do you or do you not kill people who come into your forest and violate the sanctity of nature?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You're thinking of druids again. Tromping around some dirty wet forest, sky-clad and with a sickle in each hand, ugh.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I talk to rabbits okay!? While I admit they are not the most profound conversationalists, they have far more brains than zombies.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I talk to rabbits okay!? While I admit they are not the most profound conversationalists, they have far more brains than zombies.

Not my zombies. My zombies are FULL of brains, if you get my meaning.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

So…, you are a druid.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm NOT a druid! I'm a wizard. I can read! I eat meat! I have a wicked beard! My hat is bigger than my torso! I attend indoor councils and make calls from a crystal ball!

It's true that I graduated from Druidic Arts University but I was one of the few attendees of their arcane curriculum because I AM A WIZARD!!!!!

Gods, you folks are just like my parents. "Go to a real school and become a real wizard!" God, just because I want to pursue my passions (talking to rabbits) doesn't mean I'm not a real wizard! Sorry I don't fantasize about spending the rest of my life running the rat race at the white tower!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Are they evil rabbits?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Automatic Slim posted:

Are they evil rabbits?

Why, are you in the market? It can be hard to sort out the morality of animals but come on over some time and I can show you what I have. Mine is the moldy old shack in the Forbidden Woods. Don't worry about the mold, I spoke with it and it is perfectly friendly.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

I'm NOT a druid! I'm a wizard. I can read! I eat meat! I have a wicked beard! My hat is bigger than my torso! I attend indoor councils and make calls from a crystal ball!
Nature is red in tooth and claw.

Abnature even more so!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Nature is red in tooth and claw.

Abnature even more so!

Tell that to the druids protesting outside my rabbit farm in the Forbidden Forest.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Tell that to the druids protesting outside my rabbit farm in the Forbidden Forest.

Dude isn't even as hardcore as a Druid. I'm not big into gatekeeping the evil wizards thread, but COME ON.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
oh a wizard thread :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysA-C95StQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrId6PlelOk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfsPsdemGOA

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrId6PlelOk&t=226s

See, Satanism is Libertarianism with more cosplay.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Automatic Slim posted:

See, Satanism is Libertarianism with more cosplay.
:cheers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1EXeurb4lI

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I'm getting fed up with all these evil druids moving into the spooky forest on the outskirts of my dread keep. They keep summoning dire badgers that manage to sneak into my ossuary and defecate all over the place! I tried turning all the trees Into skeletons but it turns out that they don't have any bones that I can liberate from life. Should I just call my warlock buddy to rain hellfire upon the forest or is there a better solution?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
dude. turd golems

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I'm getting fed up with all these evil druids moving into the spooky forest on the outskirts of my dread keep. They keep summoning dire badgers that manage to sneak into my ossuary and defecate all over the place! I tried turning all the trees Into skeletons but it turns out that they don't have any bones that I can liberate from life. Should I just call my warlock buddy to rain hellfire upon the forest or is there a better solution?

Why not get it rezoned for development?

I know we all want to solve (and cause) problems with the arcane arts but there's no way a druid can navigate through zoning meetings or know how to bribe the right crooked politician (which you've already stacked with your own undead minions, right?).

You really want to destroy a druid, turn their haunted glen into a strip mall.

Fur20 posted:

dude. turd golems
Those things are only good for novelty. To get them sturdy and useful, they have to harden and you might as well just fabricate a clay golem.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!
Offer a reward for ridding the woods of the evil druids and when some adventurers have done so, slay them when they are weakened from the fight. Those adventurers would probably have come after you eventually so look at it as a twofer.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

When you kill a turd golem they break into a bunch of smaller turd golems called dingleberries

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Automatic Slim posted:

Those things are only good for novelty. To get them sturdy and useful, they have to harden and you might as well just fabricate a clay golem.

no no try using them like tarmen. if you get the consistency just right they'll suck up swords, fists, magic rings and capes, it's like a rust ooze but you get to keep the gooides afterwards.

not that i know a lot about turd golems. ianad

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You can't make a skeleton out of a tree but you drat well can make a zombie. They still only hunger for sun and water and don't move around so it might be easier to just leaf them around

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Undead poison sumac would be pretty cool, I will admit that

The gently caress is this

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I don't mind neutral wizards or something coming in and asking for tips, as most wizard boards don't let you discuss the best methods for dealing with things (dark magic). But you let good wizards in and suddenly you get people objecting to basic eldritch summonings or wiping out villages to get an army of skeletons.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

It’s an attempt to open up the discussion, share knowledge, and broaden our horizons and maybe corrupt and trap some of the non-evil.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Is anyone else having trouble coming up with elder graveweed root? All the sudden it's scarce or some idiot merchant wants thousands of gold for an ounce of it. I'm trying to come up with new potions to use on my flesh abominations that use angels as part of the component, and elder graveweed rpot is the only thing that keeps em stable.

I've already enthralled a couple merchants or otherwise used my undead armies to ransack trade routes but I hate wasting time on that stuff

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Skypie posted:

Is anyone else having trouble coming up with elder graveweed root? All the sudden it's scarce or some idiot merchant wants thousands of gold for an ounce of it. I'm trying to come up with new potions to use on my flesh abominations that use angels as part of the component, and elder graveweed rpot is the only thing that keeps em stable.

I've already enthralled a couple merchants or otherwise used my undead armies to ransack trade routes but I hate wasting time on that stuff

just make some illusionary gold, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Rutibex posted:

just make some illusionary gold, duh

You can even trick one of those tapdancing do-gooder wizards that goodrushed in here. "Oh no, this is really bad stuff, will someone help me get it off the streets so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands" and then BAM RIGHT INTO THE WRONG loving HANDS HAHAHAHA