Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

The main problem with Emi's AEW presentation was her god awful theme :colbert:

This is also true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Rarity posted:

Tony should just buy We Will Rock You for Emi to use wherever she goes.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Seven Seas Of Rhye would also be an excellent wrestling theme.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Or at least hit up Mikey Rukus for a Don't Stop Me Now soundalike

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Or at least hit up Mikey Rukus for a Don't Stop Me Now soundalike

about 50% of wrestling library music already sounds like I Want It All.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lamuella posted:

about 50% of wrestling library music already sounds like I Want It All.

Dalton Castles theme is good

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Get whoever made the new Roppingi 3k theme to do Emi’s new theme

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Emi’s theme rules. It’s a nightmarish kaleidoscope of sounds that don’t work together turning into aural mush as weirdly dissonant horns play over the top, as I’ve said before, giving me Disintegration Loops vibes. I encourage more avant-garde music in wrestling.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

Emi’s theme rules. It’s a nightmarish kaleidoscope of sounds that don’t work together turning into aural mush as weirdly dissonant horns play over the top, as I’ve said before, giving me Disintegration Loops vibes. I encourage more avant-garde music in wrestling.

I've got good news for you:
https://streamable.com/gulvcl

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

huge agree

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dimebags Brain posted:

Disintegration Loops

huh, folks know about this ?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Dimebags Brain posted:

I would call it a sort of “cosmic gumbo”

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

graph posted:

huh, folks know about this ?

it is one of the most famous ambient albums of all time

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

Emi's new entrance theme should be Everywhere at the End of Time by The Caretaker, in its entirety.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/1428492981141704704
https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/1428494497286131712

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Related:

https://twitter.com/pwoloss/status/1428693530046865410

https://twitter.com/wiretap804/status/1428727569701130240

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

huge agree

We can't be friends any more :(

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Rosenburg isn't wrong though, CM Punk was the most over anyone had been since The Rock, Austin, or John Cena and went on to do nothing with that fame after WWE besides a quick, embarassing MMA career.

But AEW is going to pop maybe some of their biggest ratings to date because of CM Punk's return, so many lapsed fans that gave up on wrestling after what kept happening to fan favorites. This goes double if they end up with Brian Danielson too

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
"since" is very different than "more than"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lid posted:

"since" is very different than "more than"
An important distinction I totally glanced over :downs:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Dimebags Brain posted:

The way she added the We Will Rock You beat to it in a way that doesn’t really work makes it funnier I think. Wouldn’t change it - you can tell that it’s her coming as soon as it starts and that’s really the most important thing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this is INCREDIBLY cringe holy poo poo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/jonfitchdotnet/status/1428746599316869121?s=20

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

badfaith fitch argument

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

projecthalaxy posted:

badfaith fitch argument

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1428752900138835970?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Been a CM Punk fan on Twitter long before it was cool to be a CM Punk fan on Twitter*

*joined Twitter 2 years after CM Punk quit wrestling

https://twitter.com/JsmallSAINTS/status/1428766848347213834?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Such Great Heights.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

What a sad own

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

the problem with Emi's AEW presentation is the theme song she's been using for 25 years in Japan?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"Cult of Personali-Fiend"

Just... just let that one wash over you for a moment.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I liked Emi’s awful racket of a wrestling theme. The real problem was the Freddy Mercury impression on the same shows as Christopher Daniels also doing a microphone gimmick, imo.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I thought Emi was good in the tournament. I hate the show she does but she's talented. Keep her theme because anything that poorly made and executed has circled back around to folk art.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I thought Emi was good in the tournament. I hate the show she does but she's talented. Keep her theme because anything that poorly made and executed has circled back around to folk art.
That show started because of the pandemic and she wanted to keep her trainees and coworkers safe during the pandemic. She had the money to rent out an office with a giant crash mat so she could continue to do shows with no outside exposure

She used to have a regular ring and crowd with Gatoh Move but Emi is a very thoughtful person

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I can't wait until AEW hater complains that they can't understand how she can have a crown without winning a tournament.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

That show started because of the pandemic and she wanted to keep her trainees and coworkers safe during the pandemic. She had the money to rent out an office with a giant crash mat so she could continue to do shows with no outside exposure

She used to have a regular ring and crowd with Gatoh Move but Emi is a very thoughtful person

Gatoh Move had been running out of the dentists office for years. One of my friends went to Wrestle Kingdom in the before days and took in a show there at my recommendation. In fact their first ever show was there, way back in 2012. It was really unique and cool seeing 60 people crowded in there.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Gatoh Move had been running out of the dentists office for years. One of my friends went to Wrestle Kingdom in the before days and took in a show there at my recommendation. In fact their first ever show was there, way back in 2012. It was really unique and cool seeing 60 people crowded in there.
It might not be as long as you think it was. Gatoh was primarily Thailand based until mid/late 2019 and then the pandemic started and Gatoh morphed into ChocoPro. I was close friends with Pumi when Gatoh first started and it was because he was doing English commentary for Stardom shows back in like 2011 and when Emi left Stardom, she partnered with Pumi to put on shows in Thailand on crash pads just like modern ChocoPro.

Hell, the original TJPW format for the first two years was basically a bunch of fans around a tumble mat.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

It might not be as long as you think it was. Gatoh was primarily Thailand based until mid/late 2019 and then the pandemic started and Gatoh morphed into ChocoPro. I was close friends with Pumi when Gatoh first started and it was because he was doing English commentary for Stardom shows back in like 2011 and when Emi left Stardom, she partnered with Pumi to put on shows in Thailand on crash pads just like modern ChocoPro.

Hell, the original TJPW format for the first two years was basically a bunch of fans around a tumble mat.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=2143&page=4&name=&vDay=&vMonth=&vYear=&showtype=&location=&arena=Ichigaya&region=

Gatoh Move have run there nearly 550 times. They are missing a lot of Thailand shows but have the Japan stuff. Like I say, 2012 is the earliest Chocolate Square show

Also it was Ice Ribbon rather than Stardom Emi left.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 20, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Gatoh Move has definitely been in the Chocolate Square since its first shows in Japan. Emi used it for Ice Ribbon shows too when it was the Ichigaya Ice Box

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
name dropping to get my info absolutely completely wrong lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=2143&page=4&name=&vDay=&vMonth=&vYear=&showtype=&location=&arena=Ichigaya&region=

Gatoh Move have run there nearly 550 times. They are missing a lot of Thailand shows but have the Japan stuff. Like I say, 2012 is the earliest Chocolate Square show

Also it was Ice Ribbon rather than Stardom Emi left.
Yeah my mistake on Ice Ribbon/Stardom, It's been a long time and my brain is very smooth and full of water. I think I've just browned out the last 10 years of my life.