Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

That is a hilarious amount of power. What tyres does a model 3 performance run?

I really think a multi speed gearbox is a good idea to stop these things running out of puff at 80.

e: I realise this is going to trigger speed limits guy. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ola posted:

I like that the concept of the speed limit is so eroded that laws contradict eachother with no problem in 5 states.

Technically the left lane could be for people going exactly the speed limit.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

QuarkJets posted:

Defensive driving requires that you do a lot more than assume everyone is following the letter of the law, hth

Refusing to let others pass you creates a problem because you are refusing to create safer driving conditions out of a feeling that speeders need to be punished. But your job is not to punish speeders, it's to drive safely, and that means pulling into the right lane to let others pass you

To add to that, would you rather have the problem child *right behind you* or somewhere out in front where they either go away, or you can at least keep an eye on them?

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Taycan photo shoot day:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

marshmonkey posted:

Taycan photo shoot day:

gently caress me, Porsche knows how cars should look.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

marshmonkey posted:

Taycan photo shoot day:

None of these shots showcase the RGB lights???!!!

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Did they get rid of that little thing you swipe your hand under to open the charge door?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

gently caress me, look at this!

https://twitter.com/FordPerformance/status/1428469907856019456?t=IfKzDOndOW_Yds_jKM3klg&s=19

e: fixed embedding

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

McPhearson posted:

Did they get rid of that little thing you swipe your hand under to open the charge door?

They removed it on the low-rent base Taycan, not sure if the 4S and up still have them or not.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Does it work with a manual gearbox?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What’s the idea for batteries with that electric crate motor? Drop em in the trunk or backseat of a conversion car?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wayne Knight posted:

You shouldn't have to move over if you're doing the speed limit, since there is no way anyone could legally pass you.

It sounds like you're saying that people following the law are a problem because they make people who break the law mad. Why do we placate dangerous drivers so much? If everyone drives 80, make the speed limit 80. But send tickets to anyone going >=81.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Your post was detected doing 121 in a 120 zone.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Everyone post pics of your RGB lights

and penis

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

lmao

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Indiana_Krom posted:

I'd buy it, but I question if the P3D even has enough overhead available to unlock a meaningful improvement out of it. Although I suppose the S Plaid pulling 1020 HP out of a 100 kWh pack could indicate that it is remotely possible because that is a higher relative discharge rate (7.6C) than the 3 Performance is pulling from its pack (5.5C). If you could get the same relative discharge rate out of a 3 Performance pack it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 750 HP which sounds pretty unlikely to me.

The battery can probably do more than the amp rating on the motors.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

priznat posted:

What’s the idea for batteries with that electric crate motor? Drop em in the trunk or backseat of a conversion car?

Depending on the car, you probably just freed up a poo poo ton of space in engine compartment when that motor is placed where the transmission used to be. 570 mm is what? 18 inches long? You then have all that weight gone from the front as well, so might as well replace the lump of steel with lumps of lithium.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Too many threaded fasteners.

See me after class.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The first known GT delivered, a rapid red performance edition to Cedar Rapids IA of all places. Based on it being the first and the nature of the 5+ car garages surrounding it, I suspect this might be a member of the McGrath clan, the family that owns half the dealerships in Cedar Rapids.

e: they moved the post to its own thread

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/my-mach-e-gt-performance-edition-delivery-exterior-interior-pics-added.8783/

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 20, 2021

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Meeeeeeeeeh

I can’t bring myself to care.

Note: I’m a lifelong Mustang disliker, and a lifelong SUV hater. Decidedly not the target market.

Also the wheels are bad.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Your wheels are bad

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Your wheels are bad

Ur face is bad! :iceburn:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

GOD drat IT

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Why is that worth a probation at all.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Saw my first Rivian yesterday. Looked pretty good. Had manufacturer plates and I think it was headed from Detroit to the factory in Illinois. Saw it on 80/90 westbound in northern Indiana.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Fame Douglas posted:

why are you pearl clutching about a six hour semi joke probation

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

The first known GT delivered, a rapid red performance edition to Cedar Rapids IA of all places. Based on it being the first and the nature of the 5+ car garages surrounding it, I suspect this might be a member of the McGrath clan, the family that owns half the dealerships in Cedar Rapids.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/multiple-mach-e-gts-have-reached-kansas-city.8677/page-8#post-226207

Speaking as someone with only an uncovered driveway that barely fits two cars: holy crap.

We have to pull the model 3 into the street in order to let passengers in.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Mods, please joke probe me with a six-hour semi.

cruft fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 20, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Mach-E GT and Kia EV6 GT are the two cars I’m most interested in despite having no need to rocket off the line I just want the option. Or possibly a Tesla with that dlc update or whatever.

I need to test drive all 3 but that won’t be possible for quite a while due to demand I’m sure.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

priznat posted:

Mach-E GT and Kia EV6 GT are the two cars I’m most interested in despite having no need to rocket off the line I just want the option. Or possibly a Tesla with that dlc update or whatever.

I need to test drive all 3 but that won’t be possible for quite a while due to demand I’m sure.

It’s hella easy to test drive Teslas at least, probably do it today or tomorrow if you’ve got the time

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

priznat posted:

The only thing I don't potentially like about the EV6 is it looks like the center console is tall and wide enough to interfere with my manspreading.

The Mach, and especially the Ioniq 5, look a lot more open and airy down there where my knee will be. Who knows if/when/how much on the Ioniq 5 N that would be a GT competitor though.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I love that the Ioniq 5 seems to be built for manspreading. Push that center console all the way back and hang loose.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The only thing I don't potentially like about the EV6 is it looks like the center console is tall and wide enough to interfere with my manspreading.

The Mach, and especially the Ioniq 5, look a lot more open and airy down there where my knee will be. Who knows if/when/how much on the Ioniq 5 N that would be a GT competitor though.

Yah the kia/Hyundai choice comes down to personal taste in their design decisions with most of the underlying stuff being the same so I like having the option! I’m more on the Kia design philosophy side and like the enclosed console personally but the ioniq 5 is really nice too.

Apparently you can put deposits down on non-GT EV6s in Canada but you have to go into the dealership to do it instead of just doing it online so I’m much less interested than having to have a chat with a sales guy named chad or taylor about it

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

They should bring back bench seating.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Wayne Knight posted:

They should bring back bench seating.

Seriously, there's no driveshaft, why are you keeping me from makin' out with my date?!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

New Land Rover Defenders got you covered fam

kind of

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

knox_harrington posted:

That is a hilarious amount of power. What tyres does a model 3 performance run?

I really think a multi speed gearbox is a good idea to stop these things running out of puff at 80.

e: I realise this is going to trigger speed limits guy. Oh well.

Easier and lighter to just make a slightly large electric motor.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

You can move the center console around. At least on most trims. Unless they only made that feature on the Ioniq 5. I don't think so though. You can exit either side of the vehicle

Edit: I might be wrong. I'll have to watch the videos again. That's one of the coolest features of the Ioniq5 :psyduck:

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 20, 2021

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
The ioniq 5 only has it on the top trim in some countries....just like basically every other headline feature. The ev6 did not advertise it at all, so it's probably safe to say it doesn't move at least to the same extent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

Does it work with a manual gearbox?

Not a clue, since that’s a teaser of an announcement they’ll be making at SEMA. Like it says.
I know what you mean, but really, anything will work with a manual gearbox - with the necessary adapters. I can’t tell from the drawings of it has an integrated gearbox or not. Another gearbox may not be necessary regardless.
I’m wondering if they’re using the same motor as the Lightning or Mach-E with a standalone controller, and what kind of interface and telemetry it’ll support.

priznat posted:

That remains to be seen as well. Really, *that’s* the bigger issue with most conversions. There needs to be a modular battery pack system so the car won’t need to be (as) hacked up to convert it, and still retain OE cargo space.