Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It's obvious the NFL has nothing to do with madden cause every play I have to wait 5-10 seconds for my taunt radial wheel decision wheel to time out so I don't have to wait even longer watching the same taunt animation over and over. I was super loving mad when 2k dropped that all pro game and they didn't have a loving franchise mode. Just one season playing as a bunch of hall of fame sex pests and murderers of which there are no eagles players because my team has always been pure and noble in character and deed.

Howie trade for watson yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Salt?ive never seen even falcon fans get mad at 28-3. They seem to have just accepted it at this point

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Kalli posted:

It's 28-12 with 9 minutes left after the Falcons sack Brady twice to force a FG. That's when the Falcons had a 99.6% victory chance.

3rd and 1, Matt Ryan gets strip sacked. If DeVonta Freeman slows Hightower down, Matt Ryan sees it and eats the sack or throws the ball away, or they just called a loving QB sneak, the Patriots almost certainly run out of time and lose that game.

Two point conversion, if the Falcons D can stop a tricky little direct snap to James White, they win.

Next drive, the Falcons hit two huge plays including one of the great SB catches to put them on the 22 with 4:40 left. 3 runs up the gut and a ~40 yard FG attempt and they're up 2 scores under 3 minutes left, they win.

Instead -1 run, 12 yard sack, holding, 3rd and 33 from the New England 45 with 3:45 left. Incomplete pass, could've just eaten a sack to get a little more punting room and taken it down under 3 minutes at least, but instead tried a low percentage sideline pass that would've made it a ~50 yard FG attempt.

At least they trap the Patriots on their own 9, and Brady misses 2 passes to start so it's 3rd and 10... and he hits Chris Hogan for a 16 yard pass between 2 defenders. If Keanu Neal isn't a step slow, he can break it up, and pretty much game over.

Two plays later is that ridiculous Robert Alford tip that Edelman somehow catches inbetween 3 DB's. Like how the gently caress did that end up complete? After which Brady just clowns on them for 3 passes to the 1 then an easy run in TD, then an easy 2 point conversion pass.

Falcons had 52s left, return the kickoff??? to the 11 and throw 2 short passes. C'mon guys you could've at least tried here. Great offenses have done minute drives for a FG tons of times.

Then OT was perfunctory, the Falcons D was done.

Why not mention of the Falcons snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds on the play clock every play when holding a two score lead in the fourth quarter? That was the dumbest decision in a huge pile of dumb decisions.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Somewhat ironic that Kyle Shanahan was essentially promoted to head coach after 28-3

all is forgiven if you have a good offensive scheme

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

It's obvious the NFL has nothing to do with madden cause every play I have to wait 5-10 seconds for my taunt radial wheel decision wheel to time out so I don't have to wait even longer watching the same taunt animation over and over. I was super loving mad when 2k dropped that all pro game and they didn't have a loving franchise mode. Just one season playing as a bunch of hall of fame sex pests and murderers of which there are no eagles players because my team has always been pure and noble in character and deed.

Howie trade for watson yet?

nice meltdown

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope everyone is excited to watch America's team this season

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
There could be an HBO miniseries ala Chernobyl made about the 28-3 game.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

boop the snoot posted:

I love the salt every time 28-3 comes up. That alone made the whole thing worth it.

There's a video from inside a watch party in Atlanta of the game, and just watching the atmosphere completely change over the course of the game as the lead starts slipping away and the inevitable starts to dawn on everyone is incredible. Very "of course, of loving course, of loving course" energy

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Y'all ain't seen the Jon Bois special?

Part one was just released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_ORMhpmoU

It starts out with 28-3 and then breaks into the history of the Falcons, in part 2 he'll bring it back around. Jon Bois is so, so good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MrLogan posted:

Why not mention of the Falcons snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds on the play clock every play when holding a two score lead in the fourth quarter? That was the dumbest decision in a huge pile of dumb decisions.

I also forgot to mention

https://i.imgur.com/d3J3qxH.mp4

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It was the greatest sporting event of all time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Offense. Defense had the excuse of at least being gassed. They also got a pick 6 so that’s part of that 28.

That’s the thing, this was an all-time top ten scoring offense, and they only put up 21 points. Granted, against a solid defense and against a mastermind of a coach, but still.

If Atlanta actually won, the pick six would’ve been the iconic moment of that Super Bowl instead of, well, everything after 28-3.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tom Brady is a cheater, people forget this.

:hmmyes:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It was the greatest event of all time.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The total lack of effort by Freeman on that strip sack is the play that stands out forever. Hightower is already drilling Matt Ryan when Freeman looks back and is like ohh....

He didn't even try to block him either. That's the kind of poo poo that would never fly on a Bellichick team, and exhibit A of this is not how you pass protect as a running back

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 20, 2021

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the way I've always thought of it is, "if the Falcons took any single one of those pass plays and instead rushed for zero gain, the Patriots would not have had enough time to come back."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It was the greatest sporting event of all time.

it absolutely was, and I was there. one of the coolest moments of my life.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It was the second greatest sporting event of all time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shinjobi posted:

I hope everyone is excited to watch America's team this season

Go bills

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ah, I see my father in law posts here now. "You know they are the only team in New York".

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/JeffMillerLAT/status/1428792467243995142?s=19

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Are the bills less vaccinated than the Cowboys?

Not snark, I'm genuinely curious cause I need to know who to laugh harder at.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Depends which team you count Cole Beasley under.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Fate Accomplice posted:

it absolutely was, and I was there. one of the worst moments of my life.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Patriots

Mega64
May 23, 2008

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Patriots

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Fate Accomplice posted:

the way I've always thought of it is, "if the Falcons took any single one of those pass plays and instead rushed for zero gain, the Patriots would not have had enough time to come back."

Even the completed ones? Because that’s a weird thing to think.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Somewhat ironic that Kyle Shanahan was essentially promoted to head coach after 28-3

How is that ironic?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Billy B's letter to Trump was really funny

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nevermind!

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 20, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

YOLOsubmarine posted:

How is that ironic?
One can argue that even though his play-calling lead to their monumental collapse, that never stopped the Niners from hiring him to be their guy.

That said, one poorly-called game in the second half shouldn't disqualify someone with an otherwise solid resume from getting a job.

E: now that I think about it, he might have already agreed in principle to be their head coach before Super Bowl LI

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 20, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Is there a chart that tracks Lamar's performance pre-poop and post-poop?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

how dare you, that was a good chart

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Even the completed ones? Because that’s a weird thing to think.

incompletions, my bad

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

this is truly monumentally bad

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Reader, I was also shocked

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wanna be pissed!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's like I'm living my life and Cole Beasley is singing about it. drat. You ever look up at the moon at night and wonder if Cole Bealsey is looking up at the same moon?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sorry just caught me up in my fillins..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't decide if I should just sim this season with my eagie then fire coaching and retool for a blessed power run offense team the way god intended.