Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Zisky posted:

Is there anyone here that doesn't know someone with a breakthrough case at this point?

I don’t

because I scared all of my friends with info from this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

lol I audibly gasped when reading this, so many cracks left to ping

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

gangtaggangtaggangtaggangtag!!!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

you gotta choose either air OR water it's basically Avatar rules

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Shitpostradomus posted:

this is my new job now

boss wanted to know if i made anything with this doodly program he's hot to use.
nope.
most of my day is just an exercise in bullshitting since i have no middle management.

This made me think of another reason 1999 was the peak

Office Space

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

FizFashizzle posted:

People like to fantasize about what the collapse of the US will look like and imagine it being some huge, cataclysmic event.

But it won’t be. It’ll be a flood of small, unforeseen, isolated failures like this. They’ll force population shift that will put strain on the system and create even more small, unforeseen, isolated collapses.

The places that survive will be the ones with enough existing institutional stability to weather and stabilize it. But as the displaced move and crowd into cities, the same impulses that led them to destroy their old homes will infect their new ones.

Florida is not a place; it is a mindset. And it will move north.

Id argue these failures aren't unforseen. A lot of these things are known, and the varying levels of govt aren't willing to throw $ at it until poo poo hits the fan. Its the cartoon of the dog in the burning house and hes saving a fire extinguisher for when things get worse, after half the room is already burning

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Doctor: "You need to manage your stress better. Here's a referral."

Therapist: "We have a 3 month waiting list."

Me: "Cool. Cool."

I mean, I'm sure I'll need it in three months time too.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Steve Yun posted:

I don’t

because I scared all of my friends with info from this thread

I don't yet. My dealer had wild type earlier this year.

It's just a countdown at this point until someone in my family gets it though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Beans!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I got briefly worried about that water thing then remembered I'm on a well.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

McCracAttack posted:

Have you considered Regeneron

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

well that's something new and terrible

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

titty_baby_ posted:

Id argue these failures aren't unforseen. A lot of these things are known, and the varying levels of govt aren't willing to throw $ at it until poo poo hits the fan. Its the cartoon of the dog in the burning house and hes saving a fire extinguisher for when things get worse, after half the room is already burning

Also the person who inspected the fire extinguisher worked for an unregulated private company so it doesn't work when they end up using it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

titty_baby_ posted:

This is absolutely true. The actual physical Infrastructure is crumbling and anywhere from 35-45% of the voting population actively supports a party who runs on not fixing things.

But like this specific example? Water purification failing because we lack the ability to create enough oxygen for the patients dying from a virus one of the most powerful gop politicians in the country is downplaying? That’s bizarre.

Almost as strange as like an ice storm freezing wind power plants in Texas.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

McCracAttack posted:

What state are you in

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Shitpostradomus posted:

everyone in my office has a cough.
one employee brought their toddler in two days ago.
now the kid is so sick the employee can't come in and we don't offer PTO so no one really ever calls out.

anyhow since that eats my entire rear end like a corncob, i figured i'd make a cool poster to the CSPAM COVID festival next weekend.

sorry your coworkers are morons

that poster is cool as hell, nice work

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Strep Vote posted:

I hate that I know you're right.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i still have too many beans. i should just start mailing them to random people.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1428802178257403911

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

How long have the Pfizer/Moderna booster studies looked at the efficacy of the shot after the 1 month Mega-Titers? Or are these studies still in the works?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Lmao the federal government might as well not even exist if they don't do poo poo about Desantis.

They will not do poo poo about Desantis

Sleepy Joe had the same let the states do what they want attitude as Trump, no national strategy or smackdown down of state/local govs that did insane ideas like banning mask/vaccine mandates.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

i jUst Don’T tHinK THerE Is ENOugH dAta

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

Fill little bags of them with a couple beans and send them to randos in China in response to the seed thing last year

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

lol that vice article says only 27 percent of chicago cops have even one dose, that cop funeral is going to cause a lot more cop funerals

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

ram dass in hell posted:

Partner is on the phone in the other room with state labor department reporting their last employer for hella labor law violations rn and I've never been prouder lol this petit bougie tax cheat covid murdering scumbag is goin way up the river lmao

:hellyeah:

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Zisky posted:

Is there anyone here that doesn't know someone with a breakthrough case at this point?

I don't yet. But I have friends who are still going out to eat indoors, going to indoor concerts, etc. It's only a matter of time.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

What state are you in

denial

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I remember this guy proselytizing cheap $1 rapid tests a year ago

Coulda been cool if anyone used them I guess

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

A time traveler comes to us from years in the future.

I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME! YOUR PROBLEM WASN'T LACK OF RESPONSE OR SUPPORT FOR YOUR POPULATION! YOU NEEDED FASTER TESTS!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
DeSantis belongs in a cell awaiting trial for crimes against humanity. That he is not is a failure of the American government. That he has not been dragged kicking and screaming out of his home by an angry mob and subjected to mob justice is a failure of the American people.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I'm short on the entire market please covid do the thing to the supply chains

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

god drat america

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

robot roll call posted:

lol that vice article says only 27 percent of chicago cops have even one dose, that cop funeral is going to cause a lot more cop funerals

It's also hilarious since Chud jobs like police officer were given priority access to vaccines back in early 2021 but a majority of them rejected it.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lol we somehow failed to prepare twice in the same pandemic

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I'm not the collapsed state you are (Afghanistan) the collapsed state

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Kreeblah posted:

I don't yet. But I have friends who are still going out to eat indoors, going to indoor concerts, etc. It's only a matter of time.

:same:

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Zisky posted:

not yet!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

Hold onto those beans. You may need them.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

skewetoo posted:

I'm not the collapsed state you are (Afghanistan) the collapsed state

20 years from now we will welcome the Taliban to America as liberators. finally, some actual good governance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my city is dying