Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

DeSantis belongs in a cell awaiting trial for crimes against humanity. That he is not is a failure of the American government. That he has not been dragged kicking and screaming out of his home by an angry mob and subjected to mob justice is a failure of the American people.

He's going to win reelection in a landslide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

Doctor: "You need to manage your stress better. Here's a referral."

Therapist: "We have a 3 month waiting list."

Me: "Cool. Cool."

I mean, I'm sure I'll need it in three months time too.

Every therapist I've talked to since the crisis patiently listens to my concerns and what I have to say then tells me I'm not wrong but try not to think about it.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

FizFashizzle posted:

People like to fantasize about what the collapse of the US will look like and imagine it being some huge, cataclysmic event.

But it won’t be. It’ll be a flood of small, unforeseen, isolated failures like this. They’ll force population shift that will put strain on the system and create even more small, unforeseen, isolated collapses.

The places that survive will be the ones with enough existing institutional stability to weather and stabilize it. But as the displaced move and crowd into cities, the same impulses that led them to destroy their old homes will infect their new ones.

Florida is not a place; it is a mindset. And it will move north.

this is not a post it is a prophecy

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

as mad as I am at the CDC from this, gently caress the Washington Post for getting a quote from Ezekiel Emanuel, the Kill Em All bioethicist, and for burying this incredibly obvious line 5 paragraphs before the end:

WaPo posted:

The collection of such data is also easier in many other countries with nationalized health and data systems: Singapore, Israel and the United Kingdom, for instance, routinely collect and analyze data on a population level.

“Our for-profit health-care system is really a patchwork of different systems that don’t talk to each other,” said Edward Belongia, an infectious-disease epidemiologist at Marshfield Clinic Research Institute in Wisconsin. “To do these studies, we have to create these networks where people are sharing data, and that puts us at a relative disadvantage.”

Oh really, the capitalist hellscape that privatizes everything screws over your ability to see the big picture?????

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

im the upcoming obvious response to asking chuds to reduce their consumption or something

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

skewetoo posted:

Every therapist I've talked to since the crisis patiently listens to my concerns and what I have to say then tells me I'm not wrong but try not to think about it.

That's the part I'm a little confused about. I feel like stress and worry is kind of the appropriate response here.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Incredible.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

BUD DYER

someone needs to reboot the matrix

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Me: Society's collapsing doc. There is no help coming we're all doomed because....lists reasons

Therapist: lol yeah it sucks what can u do

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

That's the part I'm a little confused about. I feel like stress and worry is kind of the appropriate response here.

My workplace urges us to "disconnect" lol like wtf I need the latest info to make informed decisions here

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

just lmao. BC’s provincial health officer maskless, attending a BC Lions game. our province is on fire, Delta is surging, schools starts in 2-3 weeks, and we’ve had total silence from our leaders until this, just lol, lmao.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

text editor posted:

im the upcoming obvious response to asking chuds to reduce their consumption or something

by unwittingly inducing oppositional defiant disorder in roughly half of the population of our nation, we may have gotten ourselves into a bit of a sticky wicket.

mistakes were made.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Joementum posted:

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my city is dying

they need those police to protect Orlando residents during the water riots, idiot

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

DeSantis belongs in a cell awaiting trial for crimes against humanity. That he is not is a failure of the American government. That he has not been dragged kicking and screaming out of his home by an angry mob and subjected to mob justice is a failure of the American people.

Yep.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

McCracAttack posted:

In America we only think happy thoughts. If you aren't constantly thinking happy thoughts then your brain is broken and needs pills.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/HeidiNBC/status/1428794214951817226

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

inferis posted:

BUD DYER

someone needs to reboot the matrix

"please leave the state if this will offend you."

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

skewetoo posted:

My workplace urges us to "disconnect" lol like wtf I need the latest info to make informed decisions here

Last year someone said something like, "Trying to ignore everything feels irresponsible but staying informed is killing me."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1VTcJfL7RE

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Utility use is between me and my god, Aquaman.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lacrosse posted:

In America we only think happy thoughts. If you aren't constantly thinking happy thoughts then your brain is broken and needs pills.

My roommate definitely gets mad regularly at me for finding the negative side of everything.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

skewetoo posted:

lol the people who disconnected as soon as Biden won are the ones all running off to Disney to catch delta

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Stress and worry definitely is the appropriate psychological response to this poo poo show. Therapists know this but shits so hosed now even therapists in capitalism have run out of empty platitudes and stopped trying to shift the blame to you so much

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

empty whippet box posted:

My wife is currently on a phone interview with the job business gorilla has been spamming about in thread. If this actually comes through then it will be the millionth example of cspam making a huge positive difference in our lives. I seriously don't know where we would be without this dumb dying pansexual comedy forum.

That loving rules.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sacbee_news/status/1428808571165216777?s=20

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Wouldn't care if this didn't kill so many inmates

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

How long until Orlando has to create a GoFundMe for Water?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He's going to win reelection in a landslide.

I have no doubt he'll win, but with so many of his supporters dead or dying in hospitals and *checks notes* libraries, I'm not so sure it will be a landslide.
We still have a long ways to go 'till next November, and barring some kind of fairly literal miracle things will only be getting worse in general, and especially in places like Florida.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol email from school

quote:

Unfortunately, due to to concerns regarding the rising cases of Covid, District leadership has requested that schools hold any back-to-school events outside if possible.

We will still be having Meet the Teacher Night in our circle drive. We will have a snow cone truck, Teachers, and places to leave your school supplies. New students to the school will still have the choice to walk through and tour their classroom with one of our staff.

Wearing a mask is caring for everyone and we'll see you on Monday!

*internal screaming*

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Joey Steel posted:

That loving rules.

Things like this make me want to reopen my budgeting business here...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fosborb posted:

lol email from school

*internal screaming*

We will have a snow cone truck

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

every single official from the top down that's in charge of any person at the CDC needs to be removed. the entire organization is corrupt and untrustworthy from top to bottom

remember 9 months ago when the biden admin took over the CDC and a bunch of career folks there fled? or when right before the mask mandate change in may some of the top CDC career officials fled again?

the entire CDC needs to go

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

etalian posted:

How long until Orlando has to create a GoFundMe for Water?

flint was a trial run

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

fosborb posted:

lol email from school

*internal screaming*

[COVID-19] We will have a snow cone truck

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

lmao here we go again, they're going to manufacture consent for "you got the booster now you can party again!!! masks off!!"

mark my words in early october there will be whining op eds about "I got my booster why can't I brunch!???" and then the CDC will capitulate. all the while we are seeing 9/11s of death every day

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Don't worry the solution has already been discovered

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Things like this make me want to reopen my budgeting business here...

I literally still use an, admittedly customized and edited, version of the spreadsheets you did over a decade ago.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Zisky posted:

Is there anyone here that doesn't know someone with a breakthrough case at this point?

i know of more than half a dozen. one was hospitalized, another already had OG covid last fall.

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Lacrosse posted:

yeah my father gets mad at me every time I try to inform about what’s going on with COVID (or anything really) and he just gets so mad I would dare burst that bubble. like drat dude I am trying to protect you??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

good loving god blow the whole thing up and start over