Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

mod sassinator posted:

just cracked 1000 deaths on worldo without even florida reporting anything lol

lol, 8 deaths today, 200 others spread over the previous week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Melbourne is definitely heading the way of Sydney with uncontrolled spread. 39 cases milling about in the community despite hard lockdown.

Only difference is our Premier will not give up on getting to zero (yet) so I'm expecting even harsher restrictions if that's possible. Curfew moved from 9pm from 8pm? Travel limit from 5km to 2.5km? No food takeaway/delivery at all? That's all we got.

Over here we have all businesses other than supermarkets and pharmacies closed (that includes takeaway food places) so if you can't cook it yourself you can't have it. Also no driving allowed at all unless going to the supermarket, so you can only exercise as far as you can walk in your local neighbourhood. Practically no cars on the streets because there are only a few legitimate reasons to be driving and police are doing random checkpoints to make sure you have a reason. Lots of people walking around the suburbs and kids riding bikes on the roads though given how empty they are now, which is nice to see.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

euphronius posted:

Warhammer 40k is overly optimistic

cannot lose myself in this vision of the future where empires can coalesce enough to work together towards a common goal

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
everything is so dumb

https://patch.com/florida/sarasota/school-district-employees-declared-essential-workers-asplen

quote:

School District Employees Declared 'Essential Workers': Asplen

Sarasota County Schools employees who have been exposed to COVID-19 but are asymptomatic can quarantine at work while wearing a mask.
"We were having a hard time having enough bus drivers and cafeteria workers…to operate as we should be," he said.

With the workers deemed "essential employees," the district has worked with the DOH to create a plan where asymptomatic staff members can quarantine with work while wearing a mask, the superintendent said. This is "exactly what we need to ensure that we operate."

everything is so dumb

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: It finally happened, woke up feeling fine but as the day progressed I started feeling bad so I got tested and I’m positive.

I think we’ve waited too long to do boosters. I was a first round vaccination as I’m an ER doc. Be careful out there goons.

Worried for you :ohdear:

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: It finally happened, woke up feeling fine but as the day progressed I started feeling bad so I got tested and I’m positive.

I think we’ve waited too long to do boosters. I was a first round vaccination as I’m an ER doc. Be careful out there goons.

That sucks. Keep us updated.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

quarantine at work

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Nodelphi posted:

ughhhhhhhhhh. gently caress. good luck :/

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Loucks posted:

Oh I know I’m privileged. I took out a bunch of loans to do school and also qualified for a low income scholarship program. I’ve spent my entire adult life handling my finances like I’m about to be unemployed and homeless due to childhood bullshit. But now I’m not living paycheck to paycheck and will absolutely do what I can to keep my kid from panicking regularly at the expectation that it will all suddenly fall apart.

My point is not that the juice will be available to all <12s, just that it won’t be limited to “the rich” unless your definition is so expansive as to be useless. I completely agree that they should approve <12 basically immediately, but also it has been demonstrated that our institutions are not designed to give a gently caress about us at all, so I’ll get my kid shot up as soon as possible even if I have to leverage the fact that I have managed to save some money and can afford healthcare for him.

& in case it’s not crystal loving clear :d2a:

The point was that private practice pediatricians have a lot more leeway to administer off-label medications and at lower doses than pediatricians at free clinics or hospitals would have. Access won't be limited to the rich but it would almost certainly be excluded from the poor. Trying to find a amenable doctor with no insurance is not something they can afford.

Can't find the amount of uninsured children for 0-12 but the rate for 0-18 in 2019 was 5.7%

https://www.aappublications.org/news/2020/12/01/researchupdate120120 posted:

The percent of children without health insurance increased from 5.2% in 2018 to 5.7% in 2019, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Nodelphi posted:

sorry man that fuckin blows. I’m a December vaccine getter as well :(

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

It's coming for everyone :tizzy:

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Hot Zones: State Rankings
(7-Day Deaths Per 100,000)
1) 8.37 Louisiana
2) 6.96 Mississippi
3) 6.41 Florida
4) 6.14 Arkansas
5) 4.58 Nevada
6) 3.88 Alabama
7) 3.20 South Carolina
8) 2.90 Texas
9) 2.79 Missouri
10) 2.77 Wyoming
11) 2.70 Tennessee
12) 2.51 Idaho
13) 2.15 Montana
14) 2.07 Oklahoma
15) 2.02 Georgia
16) 1.92 North Carolina
17) 1.52 Washington
18) 1.52 Oregon
19) 1.46 Indiana
20) 1.45 Delaware
21) 1.44 West Virginia
22) 1.35 Maine
23) 1.34 Kentucky
24) 1.33 Utah
25) 1.32 Arizona
26) 1.24 Kansas
27) 1.22 Alaska
28) 1.05 New Mexico
29) 0.99 Michigan
30) 0.97 Illinois
31) 0.94 California
32) 0.85 Hawaii
33) 0.77 Pennsylvania
34) 0.76 Rhode Island
35) 0.71 Maryland
36) 0.71 District of Columbia
37) 0.68 South Dakota
38) 0.67 Wisconsin
39) 0.67 Colorado
40) 0.65 Virginia
41) 0.64 Vermont
42) 0.64 New Jersey
43) 0.64 Connecticut
44) 0.61 New York
45) 0.58 Ohio
46) 0.57 Massachusetts
47) 0.52 North Dakota
48) 0.51 Iowa
49) 0.48 Minnesota
50) 0.36 Nebraska
51) 0.22 New Hampshire
1.91 U.S. Average

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
We gonna be at December numbers next week and a judge just overruled our school mask mandate. Lol. Lmao.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Rauros posted:

my brother just called the vaccine, slut juice. thank you cspam.
hahahh :getin:

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

you can do it; post your way through

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Nodelphi posted:

loving sucks, keep us updated

glad i got my booster at 4 months, will probably get another 4 months from now

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
posting at a goon with covid: yeah buddy post through it just roll with the punches

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
the best thing to come out of all this is that I stopped cutting my hair and now I tie it back into a lil bun in the back of my head like I'm Johnny fuckin Tremaine

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm taking the evening off to watch movies and relax since I got my booster. Haven't really felt any ill effects but day is still young. Kind of wild that I was able to get a booster in such a short time of them approving it. Glad I have a good doctor.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Looks nervously along from Pittsburgh 😳

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Judakel posted:

posting at a goon with covid: yeah buddy post through it just roll with the punches

ya i gotta step up; op where can i send the ivermectin and zpak?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized the flaming lips are playing literally one block from my apartment at an outdoor amphitheater, and I can sit outside and hear them just fine. walked around and saw very few people wearing masks in the line to get in! imagine paying money to give yourself covid when you could literally not go near anyone instead. gently caress it, I haven't heard live music in drat near two years and we literally don't need to be near anyone at all so im seeing no downside here

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

stone soup posted:

ya i gotta step up; op where can i send the ivermectin and zpak?

i temporarily forgot that this was the shitpost thread and was about to break my fogged brain

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Hollismason posted:

I'm taking the evening off to watch movies and relax since I got my booster. Haven't really felt any ill effects but day is still young. Kind of wild that I was able to get a booster in such a short time of them approving it. Glad I have a good doctor.

I wish I took today off because I have a headache and some chills but I'm doing my best to power through the rest of my shift

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Nodelphi posted:

Good luck Dr. Goon.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

skewetoo posted:

Lol. The people who proudly are not sheep like I am are ending up in poison control for taking literal livestock feed and meds. Lmfao

and a few years ago they were laughing at millenials for eating tide pods

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

I've had really good experiences with therapy via videoconference but you definitely have to be willing to say this isn't a good fit and leave.

my current therapist is pretty good, when I said that I hope Abbott gets wrecked by his Covid infection her response was "2021 owes us."

that's pretty unprofessional for her to say but still, lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
https://westseattleblog.com/2021/08/weekend-note-flutes-in-the-forest-3-canceled/

quote:

We got word from the musicians that they have to cancel the plans for tomorrow’s performance at Schmitz Park because of illness, but they add, “Thank you for your interest; we do love our fans! We hope to reschedule soon.”

yeah okay illness. got it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Lacrosse posted:

I wish I took today off because I have a headache and some chills but I'm doing my best to power through the rest of my shift

Good Luck! I took the whole day off from work to get it done. I almost didn't get the booster when I got the healthcare place the front desk was really adamant that they weren't doing boosters and I was like "No , my doctor ordered this for me" and then there was a whole kerfuffle where they had to talk to the doctor. In the end though I got my booster.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So I'm planning to finally Titer up. But I did have a strong reaction to both shots so far (Moderna crew) and yeah, I'm also a little leery of what I'm hearing about myocarditis? Like not vax hesitatn, but more like 'is the vax booster shot the same as the initial dose/second dose?' Like if/when I show up and introduce myself as Max Titer here for my first shot, am I getting the same dose of Moderna Juice as if I showed up and introduced myself as Tom Ato here for my booster because I am immunocompromised.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
yes

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Same dose

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1428841380126855172?s=19

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Nodelphi posted:

gently caress, sorry goon. Take care, hopefully it won't be that bad.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
As I left the hospital after doing a lung scan on a covid patient who is rapidly deteriorating and probably won't make it, I went down the hallway with hr. They posted on the walls the hundreds of letters from the local inner city kids thanking us for being health care heroes. All I could think of was how we failed them and got all choked up the rest of the walk back to my car. Getting all snotty right now thinking about it again.

Humanity is the cruelest joke.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

I see.
Then other than just general incompetence, given all the surplus doses... why the gently caress hasn't there been a general policy of giving boosters? I understand the CDC is inept and evil, but generally that willful ignorance and malice has been in service of capital. How does anyone, anywhere, benefit from not giving boosters when doing so would require literally no additional effort?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nodelphi posted:

Post through it please

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Asproigerosis posted:

As I left the hospital after doing a lung scan on a covid patient who is rapidly deteriorating and probably won't make it, I went down the hallway with hr. They posted on the walls the hundreds of letters from the local inner city kids thanking us for being health care heroes. All I could think of was how we failed them and got all choked up the rest of the walk back to my car. Getting all snotty right now thinking about it again.

Humanity is the cruelest joke.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I see.
Then other than just general incompetence, given all the surplus doses... why the gently caress hasn't there been a general policy of giving boosters? I understand the CDC is inept and evil, but generally that willful ignorance and malice has been in service of capital. How does anyone, anywhere, benefit from not giving boosters when doing so would require literally no additional effort?

Gotta assume its so that rich people and politicians can max their titers before the proles gobble up all of the spare vax?