Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Loucks posted:

Oh yeah this is completely true and yet another reason why things are absolutely hosed. Lots more kids are going to die or suffer from long-lasting if not actually permanent effects thanks to the brutality inherent to capitalism. It’s infuriating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZpaWOLjWx0
We need someone to recreate this scene with children and a school instead of a factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
when you're normal

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Real Mean Queen posted:

Quarantine at work

Quarantine at work

QUARANTINE AT WORK

QUARANTINE AT WORK

QUARANTINE AT WORK

I know everyone is always like "this is 1984!!!" but uh... isn't this 1984?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/JoshMandelOhio/status/1428784031638949899

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I’m starting to freak out as to what happens if my significant others epilepsy gets wonky and we have to go to the emergency room.

edit: I heard WI ERs are at 89% capacity and that was a few days ago.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TheMightyBoops posted:

I’m starting to freak out as to what happens if my significant others epilepsy gets wonky and we have to go to the emergency room.

If you're not in a state full of idiots you have a few weeks before the idiots drag you down.

If you're in a state full of idiots, cross your fingers and hope.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Zeroisanumber posted:

If you're not in a state full of idiots you have a few weeks before the idiots drag you down.

If you're in a state full of idiots, cross your fingers and hope.

I think our states natural aversion to one another is giving us a bit of a buffer.

Also they probably wouldn’t have to be in the ICU, but even being in the ER waiting room I assume is risky.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Oh boy I get a free illness with my side of fries! What a bargain!

This poo poo is why I'm never going back to dine-in even after Covid is over with.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

TheMightyBoops posted:

edit: I heard WI ERs are at 89% capacity and that was a few days ago.

respirator, face shield... pretend you're a chernobyl liquidator while in there

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

Huh let’s check out what Apple News recommends for me based on obsessively reading about Covid-19. Oh a Wall Street Journal Article?

Delta’s Gift is Hybrid Immunity

Holman W. Jenkins Jr. posted:

From the start, our mistake has been our strange reticence to recognize the reality of mild or symptomless Covid. It began on day one with the World Health Organization and certain experts choosing to exaggerate Covid’s deadliness by ignoring mild and unseen cases. The same myopia continues to play havoc today with our ability to answer a crucial question: How rampant is the Delta variant among the vaccinated? The U.S. is hopelessly trying to draw conclusions from unrepresentative data.

Yes! A good question to be asking.

quote:

Still, why would scientists like Anthony Fauci and CDC leaders be satisfied with inadequate data? One reasonable presumption is that people don’t ask questions they don’t want the answers to. From the start, our public-health experts were realistic, not to say fatalistic, about the virus. The CDC on its webpage for months advised that every American should expect to be infected eventually. This advice disappeared only as political messaging became paramount. Accentuating how much viral spread remained unobserved and unmeasured apparently did not fit the agenda.

Uh, okay…

quote:

The public is being hit with absurdly late-to-the-news headlines saying Covid won’t be going away. Its favorite media-approved epidemiologists now warn that everyone must get it sooner or later. Harvard’s Michael Mina breaks the news that not the worst thing right now is vaccinated people getting asymptomatic Delta infections—a “booster” shot against future variants likely to be as robust as any the government will be handing out.

Wait what

quote:

And more absurd than ever is social-media censorship of experts who say anything slightly complicated about masks or vaccine hesitancy, as if their discordant thoughts must still be suppressed in the name of eliminating Covid forever.

This propaganda is now detrimental to the real goal. The coming surprise for Americans is that hybrid immunity, or vaccination plus inevitable exposure to an evolving virus, is our new way out. As much as it was right to try to soften this adjustment, look at Japan today, with Tokyo hospitals near collapse under the weight of a Delta outbreak. Look at New Zealand, an entire nation locked down over what was initially a single Delta case. These countries have yet to find a way to make peace with the virus and allow natural immunity to play its role in domesticating a new and unwelcome guest that won’t be going away. China will be the ultimate case study: facing Delta with a billion-plus people who are immunologically naive or reliant on inferior vaccines.

Oh, well then guys we’re almost done!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

maybe we shouldn't be having the downtown seafood restaurant festival coming up

oh they will go bankrupt without the tourist revenue? cool system

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
anyone like buffets

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Biowarfare posted:

anyone like buffets

I can listen to some choice Jimmy Buffet in the right circumstance

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
can’t be counted as a hospitalization if you’re collapsing at the library instead

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Steve Yun posted:

can’t be counted as a hospitalization if you’re collapsing at the library instead

strategy conspiracy

+1 to literacy rate, not hospitalisation

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

So I thought it would be mildly funny to google “Ivermectin Reddit.” There’s apparently just a Sub with 80k people encouraging one another to go to pet stores and dose themselves:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ivermectin/

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

So I thought it would be mildly funny to google “Ivermectin Reddit.” There’s apparently just a Sub with 80k people encouraging one another to go to pet stores and dose themselves:

by 80k do you mean 8k

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: It finally happened, woke up feeling fine but as the day progressed I started feeling bad so I got tested and I’m positive.

I think we’ve waited too long to do boosters. I was a first round vaccination as I’m an ER doc. Be careful out there goons.

oh no. hope your symptoms are minor.

my husband is an EM resident right now and i worry that your story will become his. he and i were vaxxed around the same time so if he brings it home, im most likely gonna get it, too. i like when he bring me home stuff from work, but not like this!!!!!

yesterday, he told me that they ran out of negative pressure rooms and had a covid+ patient on a bed, in the hallway. patient refused to wear a mask so patient was reverse-kirbying coronavirus everywhere and on everyone.

aaaaAaaaaaaaAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

Steve Yun posted:

:chaostrump:

durrneez fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 21, 2021

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

TheMightyBoops posted:

lmao yet i was immediately banned from /r/coronavirus with a reason of "Conspiracy theory" for posting a comment that said "Scott Gottleib is on the board of directors of Pfizer"

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Zokari posted:

by 80k do you mean 8k

lol I’m a loving idiot. it’s still hosed up that it’s allowed to exist.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

TheMightyBoops posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

COVID positive in the middle of a hospital, refusing to put on mask, and no mechanism to force compliance???

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
this person "cured" their covid by taking dewormer and then feeling like poo poo for a week with covid symptoms, after which they recovered

https://www.reddit.com/r/ivermectin/comments/p7w64w/its_official_i_got_cured_with_ivermectin/

miracle cure!!!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Tbf eating pet shop medication is only slightly dumber than going unmasked to a live event right now.

At least the pet shop pill pop is an attempt to not get sick.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jon Irenicus posted:

COVID positive in the middle of a hospital, refusing to put on mask, and no mechanism to force compliance???

My old hospital we'd have contacted the nurse manager who'd have told them to either follow hospital rules or be discharged. Not sure how other places do it.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/vashon_photo/status/1428844874183421955?s=20
https://twitter.com/imLeor/status/1428419603525427203?s=20

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Safe at double the dose:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
after all the hospitals in the country are filled up, all the kids in the nation get covid at least once, and the city of Orlando is abandoned for lack of potable water, our country will be in a stronger place than ever, economically and culturally. sharpen the curve.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

empty whippet box posted:

I just realized the flaming lips are playing literally one block from my apartment at an outdoor amphitheater, and I can sit outside and hear them just fine. walked around and saw very few people wearing masks in the line to get in! imagine paying money to give yourself covid when you could literally not go near anyone instead. gently caress it, I haven't heard live music in drat near two years and we literally don't need to be near anyone at all so im seeing no downside here

That loving rules

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Casey Finnigan posted:

after all the hospitals in the country are filled up, all the kids in the nation get covid at least once, and the city of Orlando is abandoned for lack of potable water, our country will be in a stronger place than ever, economically and culturally. sharpen the curve.

it would own if disney is without potable water for so long they just decide it's cheaper to rebuild from the ground up somewhere else.. and then they let the old park just decay into an urban exploration hellscape

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
“Americans can always be trusted to do the right thing, once all other possibilities have been exhausted. But then they'll stop doing the right thing and just go right back to doing dumb poo poo. They're really quite stupid.”

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

I just realized the flaming lips are playing literally one block from my apartment at an outdoor amphitheater, and I can sit outside and hear them just fine. walked around and saw very few people wearing masks in the line to get in! imagine paying money to give yourself covid when you could literally not go near anyone instead. gently caress it, I haven't heard live music in drat near two years and we literally don't need to be near anyone at all so im seeing no downside here

but if you don't suck and gently caress at the concert, can you really say you saw them?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
some sort of general societal immunity could happen after enough rounds with whatever variant comes at us next but lmao the death is gonna be serious business

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

WampaLord posted:

but if you don't suck and gently caress at the concert, can you really say you saw them?

My work here is done

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Good news, all the people going to that fest are going to go home to their better vaccinated neighborhoods after

I did see that my vaccine info finally updated with the state and it reflects the residence at the time of the shot and not my current residence, so I bet a bunch of Chicago north shore vax rates look low because they all just went somewhere else and didnt use their usual residence address

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

TheMightyBoops posted:

It's really funny when they post the pictures of loving horse medicine that is apple flavored and discuss how much they could take. It's sad when they talk about giving it to their kids because they caught covid and will never be vaccinated ever...

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Feste posted:

Huh let’s check out what Apple News recommends for me based on obsessively reading about Covid-19. Oh a Wall Street Journal Article?

Delta’s Gift is Hybrid Immunity

Yes! A good question to be asking.

Uh, okay…

Wait what

Oh, well then guys we’re almost done!

lol this is the same policy as the trump administration, "everyone is just going to get it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Lawlicaust posted:

It's really funny when they post the pictures of loving horse medicine that is apple flavored and discuss how much they could take. It's sad when they talk about giving it to their kids because they caught covid and will never be vaccinated ever...

Yeah; I just saw someone say they’re giving it to their kids. :stonk: