Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tighclops posted:

I like co op just fine, I'm just not surprised that they aren't prioritizing it for launch anymore. I think it sucks a bit that these games are less feature rich at release now than they were a decade ago, but Halo's story isn't the draw that it was in those days anymore either.

I'm not surprised either, Halo 5 having no split screen co-op made it clear 343i didn't give a poo poo. But it still sucks and is the wrong move, regardless of it not being a surprise.

On the flipside, they are doing split screen in Infinite at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Towards the end of the interview, they actually ask Joseph Staten "so was there any thought about delaying the whole game to get co-op?"

And his answer: "Yeah, we talked about doing that, but where we landed was, its a live game, so it isn't ever really done, we want to release for holiday and not delay any more"

Yeeeaaaaaah my confidence level in this is pretty loving low

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The more this poo poo happens with AAA releases the more I'm astounded that Doom Eternal managed to launch on time and in a fully playable state. And even it ended up with promised features not implemented yet and the whole kerfuffle with the soundtrack delay and disaster.

The "release now, fix later" method with ballooning production costs and endless crunch drains my soul.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
They really ought to just not release the game until the coop mode is actually done, even if you're not the type to play Halo coop campaigns, you have to acknowledge that it is a huge part of the series' identity.

What a sorry shambles. 'it's live service so it's ok to release early and unfinished', what a loving joke. Jesus. That's right Staten, say the quiet part out loud for us, it makes our purchasing decisions much easier, you clown.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Pretty sure the quiet part is it either gets released this holiday or Phil Spencer reaps their souls (and fires them.)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Pretty sure the quiet part is it either gets released this holiday or Phil Spencer reaps their souls (and fires them.)

Yeah that's the feeling I get too. They're under pressure to release for financial reasons and just can't make the choice that they should.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

They really ought to just not release the game until the coop mode is actually done, even if you're not the type to play Halo coop campaigns, you have to acknowledge that it is a huge part of the series' identity.

What a sorry shambles. 'it's live service so it's ok to release early and unfinished', what a loving joke. Jesus. That's right Staten, say the quiet part out loud for us, it makes our purchasing decisions much easier, you clown.

People are going to purchase a Microsoft game?!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Great Beer posted:

There's barely single platform coop in MCC. If it works or not seems to be up to the whims of a random number generator.

Thom12255 posted:

The lag makes any MCC co-op impossible if you're not doing local splitscreen.

The net code is very sensitive to problems, but I’ve done every single MCC title in LASO online coop.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Come on, 343.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
why not just put out the free to play multiplayer this holiday and delay the campaign, honestly

I guess with the multiplayer being free to play, they want to have a game out this holiday that'll get new Xbox owners onto Game Pass though, and Halo and Forza are the only poo poo ready

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Halo Infinite: No Longer Infinite, Infinity Delayed 3-6 Months Post Launch

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 20, 2021

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Halo Infinite is the gaming equivalent of the Edinburgh Tram system.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

As long as the multiplayer releases this year still I am fine.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Lol this game was supposed to come out last year

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
lmao remember when they had Halo Infinite branding on all the doritos bags and poo poo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tighclops posted:

lmao remember when they had Halo Infinite branding on all the doritos bags and poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwLwvMBS2tI

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Did Halo 4 & 5 not also take like a year after release to become feature complete

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I've been buying Halo Infinite branded toys all year. I wonder if at a certain point, Microsoft has external business commitments that say they have to get this poo poo out or pay up.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

They absolutely did, they delayed the game at practically the last minute and all their merch/marketing partners just went ahead with the releases MS paid for. I think there was like toys and Doritos and Mountain Dew or whatever with XP codes for Infinite released last year around the original date for the game.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I have a drawer full of codes from the toys for whatever they give me and if the codes are even still good by time it comes out.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Shiroc posted:

I have a drawer full of codes from the toys for whatever they give me and if the codes are even still good by time it comes out.

don't you activate the codes through halowaypoint.com/redeem

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Ah, that is the case. I hadn't actually bothered to read the cards since I assumed they didn't work yet. I redeemed some icon and an armor finish but it looks like there might only be 1 prize for the 3 3/4 figures and 1 for the 6 inch ones so I have a bunch of extra codes (it said I already redeemed the bonus they mapped to).

Here are the rest, have fun, say what ones you took, lurkers don't look

Probably all the icon thing?
Q5D7-6N5S-VVNZ-W5DN
Y22T-VC5B-9Y4Z-AL1D
D1AH-X1I8-LU2F-QCDU

Probably the armor thing?
WR8P-N3UW-A945-2TH1
FVGL-M1MA-QXLK-2CYZ

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
I took the first icon and first armor codes, said I got a WCT Emblem and some coating or something. Anyway, thanks!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shiroc posted:

Ah, that is the case. I hadn't actually bothered to read the cards since I assumed they didn't work yet. I redeemed some icon and an armor finish but it looks like there might only be 1 prize for the 3 3/4 figures and 1 for the 6 inch ones so I have a bunch of extra codes (it said I already redeemed the bonus they mapped to).

FVGL-M1MA-QXLK-2CYZ

I took this one, thanks! It was a WCT armor coating

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

why not just put out the free to play multiplayer this holiday and delay the campaign, honestly

I guess with the multiplayer being free to play, they want to have a game out this holiday that'll get new Xbox owners onto Game Pass though, and Halo and Forza are the only poo poo ready
I'd imagine it's less "xbox needs to get a big game out this holiday" and more "343 needs to get a game out in 2021 for the 20th anniversary"

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Thom12255 posted:

The lag makes any MCC co-op impossible if you're not doing local splitscreen.

I played all the 4p co-op games in MCC -- 4p with a pretty wide geographic spread -- and it was fine, I dunno what you've got going on but that's not my experience at all. Might've been lucky.

The Kins posted:

I'd imagine it's less "xbox needs to get a big game out this holiday" and more "343 needs to get a game out in 2021 for the 20th anniversary"

Could be both. None of us know what their projections look like, but I have to believe somebody did the math on 'how many sales will we lose if we miss this holiday' v 'how many sales will we gain for finishing feature x' at some point in there. Right? Right???

General Battuta posted:

Halo Infinite: No Longer Infinite, Infinity Delayed 3-6 Months Post Launch

Halo Infinite: UNSC Infinity Delayed

...I gotta work on this but I think we can work in a joke on that ship name.

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 21, 2021

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Psion posted:

I played all the 4p co-op games in MCC -- 4p with a pretty wide geographic spread -- and it was fine, I dunno what you've got going on but that's not my experience at all
MCC co-op online is kind of a crapshoot by 343's own admission, on account of using the rickety old P2P netcode from the original releases. It's great that you and your friends didn't have any issues, but it's sadly not a universal experience.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Psion posted:

Halo Infinite: UNSC Infinity Delayed

...I gotta work on this but I think we can work in a joke on that ship name.

Halo: Forever :v:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

"Ready"

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

skasion posted:

Lol this game was supposed to come out last year

Were you also looking forward to Bloodlines 2?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Y'all okay with me putting up the Infinite thread tonight/tomorrow?

I figure with the delay news it might be important to have front and center for any goons buying for co-op.

Edit: Halo: Infinite Development

Agoat fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 22, 2021

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
halo infinite release date obviously imminent since vanguard release date just dropped so maybe wait till then

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

BoosterDuck posted:

halo infinite release date obviously imminent since vanguard release date just dropped so maybe wait till then

I'll get writing/making cool images and I'll have it ready to drop once we have a release date. I can put it in the thread title, too. However y'all want it formatted.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Shiroc posted:

Q5D7-6N5S-VVNZ-W5DN
Y22T-VC5B-9Y4Z-AL1D
D1AH-X1I8-LU2F-QCDU

WR8P-N3UW-A945-2TH1
FVGL-M1MA-QXLK-2CYZ

I snagged the second icon code, thank you so much.

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime

Shiroc posted:

Q5D7-6N5S-VVNZ-W5DN
Y22T-VC5B-9Y4Z-AL1D
D1AH-X1I8-LU2F-QCDU

WR8P-N3UW-A945-2TH1
FVGL-M1MA-QXLK-2CYZ

Looks like lurkers took the rest but thank you for your generosity!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
After thinking on the delays a bit, I think I'm just a little disappointed at worst but I honestly don't care that much.

I'm more worried about whether or not we'll have BR starts in comp, tbh.

(This won't affect the new thread at all, delays are front an center and it's definitely being made fun of)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
BR starts are unnatural and against God

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Tighclops posted:

BR starts are unnatural and against God

only if you're BAD

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Agoat posted:

only if you're BAD

Clicking four times on a target at any range in a slow paced shooter with limited mobility options is extremely skillful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Halo: Forward Unto Delay