Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Evil Badman posted:

Holy poo poo, they got the band to make the game?

40 is coming in a later patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Games launch incomplete all the time now just look forward to all the articles in a few months announcing that these features have arrived and how you'll be happily returning to halo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
cut them some slack, they only just finished MCC

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

twelve minutes is so stupid lmao

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It really was annoying how it wouldn't even recognize some scenarios you set up, especially with how few variables there ultimately are. This is like the game to reward sequence breaking, and they just don't :psyduck: At least getting the perfect day was hilarious, especially you dancing with the cop getting persuaded offscreen to not come in

Belan
May 7, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

twelve minutes is so stupid lmao

Checks out lol

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1428703949289259011

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
It's like a Rick and Morty plot that got rejected for being too stupid.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Halo: Infinitely Disappointing, amirite???

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It is shocking that there are so many things in 12 Minutes that are superfluous. It's the anti-Chekhov's gun.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

any game not about shooting or hitting enemies to death is a waste of time tbh

sweet drifts/jumps/crashes in cars too

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Scoss posted:

!!!SPOILER SYNOPSIS FOR ENTIRE 12 MINUTES STORY!!!

The basic setup is you step into your apartment, wife greets you with a surprise dessert, and reveals over the dessert that she is pregnant. A few minutes later a cop shows up banging on your door, eventually forcing his way in, accusing your wife of murdering her father 8 years ago. Cop zip ties you both and immediately begins demanding to know where "the pocketwatch" is, wife plays stupid, and cop proceeds to strangle you to death, which restarts the loop back at the moment you stepped into the apartment.

Through various adventure game manipulations, you learn that 8 years ago, your wife accidentally killed her abusive father during a domestic incident and then she ran away after swiping his valuable antique pocketwatch, meeting you shortly after. The cop was an old friend of her fathers and always "knew" that she did it. Except *twist*, she didn't actually kill her father because he survived the first shooting, and his actual time of death was a week later in a separate shooting incident while wife was hundreds of miles away. Except *mega twist* the cop doesn't even particularly care if she did it or not, because actually he just needs that pocketwatch for money because his daughter has cancer and he can't pay the medical bills!

Using your time travel adventure game powers you engineer the perfect sequence of events to convince your wife that you're time traveling, that you know about everything, you call the cop's daugther and have her tell her dad to listen to your story rather than immediately ziptie and kill you, and manage to convince the cop that wife is innocent. Wife even gives him the pocketwatch willingly out of pity, and the cop vows to find the "real" killer.

*Ultra Turbo Twist* the real killer is "monster", the wife's bastard half brother that was conceived during an affair with the nanny. *Ultimate mindfuck twist* YOU ARE MONSTER, THE BASTARD HALF BROTHER, EXCEPT YOU HAVE AMNESIA OR WERE HYPNOTIZED OR SOMETHING TO FORGET ABOUT THE INCEST. You killed dad in self defense because he found out you were dating your half-sister and he wanted to kill you so she would never know the truth, or something. The ending gets a little weird about what is real or not and it kind of just sputters out, I think there are multiple endings. In my ending it showed wife's father hypnotizing me to forget and then it deleted my save game and rolled credits.

This game sounds like every '00s daytime talk show (e.g. Maury, Jerry Springer, Dr. Phil) wrapped into one

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Soooo how long until Halo Infinite features like Co-Op become Series exclusive?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

enojy posted:

This game sounds like every '00s daytime talk show (e.g. Maury, Jerry Springer, Dr. Phil) wrapped into one

It’s a neat (but unoriginal) premise that is completely tanked by its Jerry rear end plot, yes.

It doesn’t even have the decency to supply a coherent ending.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I love seeing everyone get excited about a gamepass title and then being disappointed that it turned out to be the quality of a gamepass title.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Laserface posted:

I love seeing everyone get excited about a gamepass title and then being disappointed that it turned out to be the quality of a gamepass title.

But enough about The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Laserface posted:

I feel more sorry for the people who pay money for the bad games.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Game pass is like a box of chocolates

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Evil Badman posted:

Holy poo poo, they got the band to make the game?

That’s 3-oh-3, slightly different than 311.

Laserface posted:

sweet drifts/jumps/crashes in cars too

Kick ball and run is good too

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Game won't launch with two features I will never use, totally unplayable

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

njsykora posted:

But enough about The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

I don't understand why people are so upset about Microsoft buying Bethesda when all people do is bitch about their games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Roman posted:

totally unplayable

I mean given their track record …

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I kinda remember everyone really liking Infinite multiplayer a few weeks ago even though it was just botmatches in an alpha test and we're getting that for free, I think things will be ok for 343 even if the campaign isn't good

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the broader community is just happy that there is two big titles (Battlefield 2042 and Halo infinite) coming that will knock Warzone off the pedestal.

no one seems to give a poo poo about the latest cod announcement either given how poorly MW/BLOPS has been managed since BLOPS released.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Barudak posted:

Soooo how long until Halo Infinite features like Co-Op become Series exclusive?

ASAP i hope. gently caress the xb1 lets move on

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I don’t think I’ve ever played a halo campaign not in co-op. Very strange.

Re: Twelve Minutes. I played it for a while with family and it’s fun enough with a group to continue, but even worse than the repetition is the extreme linearity. There’s so many item combos you can’t do despite them making sense and even having unique voice lines about it. It’s also so dumb that after you prove the loop to wife the game doesn’t open up with options to ask her to cooperate.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Someone already mentioned this but it's maddening that you can drug the wife, hide in the closet and set the watch on the table for the cop to take - he just walks around the apartment, passing it by twice and leaves. At least there are some bonus rear end in a top hat dialogue options for redoing earlier loops when you're one choice away from the ending, Time Hollow style.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Twelve Minutes, this has probably come up already but I found it really silly that when you're trying to prove to wife that you're in a time loop, there isn't an option after you tell her that the present is baby clothes to also correctly say what's written on the clothes and the relevance. I don't think I would've clicked what I needed to for that part without just clicking everything in sight.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Played some of the Diablo Resurrected Beta today. It's really loving pretty, but seems like melee skills have an awful time connecting. Spells are fine though.

Man it's pretty. Ugh.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ruffian Price posted:

Someone already mentioned this but it's maddening that you can drug the wife, hide in the closet and set the watch on the table for the cop to take - he just walks around the apartment, passing it by twice and leaves. At least there are some bonus rear end in a top hat dialogue options for redoing earlier loops when you're one choice away from the ending, Time Hollow style.
Almost like he's not actually there for the watch... :ssh:

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Zurtilik posted:

Did any of you ever play that internet game where you had to like find a cure in a week and whatever ending you got would save to your cookies and you had to like clear your browser history to play it again?

Yeah, "One Chance". I got real mad at that game after I followed a guide and still died even though I did everything right. I think it's because I accidentally played on a VPN or something, or maybe the maker changed what you had to do to as a "screw you" to filthy guide followers or something.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

American McGay posted:

Almost like he's not actually there for the watch... :ssh:

The cop literally says "innocent, guilty, doesn't matter" if you try to present him evidence while he's tied up. His motivations seem to switch between revenge and money depending on whatever is convenient for any given moment.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 21, 2021

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Hey, so uh, Twelve Minutes is kinda bad.

Like, if you’re going to tell a story in a tiny environment then make it very detailed and interactive and have event outcomes reactive to the player.

This game really doesn’t allow you to do that. It is only interested in one specific solution at a time and if you try anything else for experimentation’s sake then you are usually punished by having to do everything all over. Being creative is not allowed.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
My favorite thing I did in 12 Minutes was Stabbing my wife to death and then sitting down and eating the cake

You gotta make your own fun sometimes.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I tried out recompile. I like it a lot. Got to the second level while remote playing on my iPad. I feel like I would probably do better on the tv though. The style is really visually pleasing and it’s different. I’m not generally good at 3D platform games and I tend to get frustrated but the game is different enough that falling off and dying didn’t really bug me.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
You all played the hell out of 12 minutes despite hating it.

I’ve tried sea of thieves for the first time and I think it’s pretty fun, you have to dedicate solid hours to it though. Definitely not a game you can pick up and play for twenty minutes. I started during my lunch break yesterday and ended up starting the weekend early :cool:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Crafty posted:

its a 2 hour game lol

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Crafty posted:

hell yeah it's good that poo poo like this still gets made despite the, uh, missteps

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Crafty posted:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Laserface posted:

Are we already on the Netflix Originals phase of gamepass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

In the sense that most Netflix originals were shows already made then just bought up to slap a red N on then yes.