Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nothing to see here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm so gone at this point with all of this that I'm just updating my Kindle book list and figuring that I'll clear more of it off than normal once it gets cold. I'm bored of video games and I usually bounce books -> video games -> crafts in the cold months, because there ain't enough hockey to keep me busy like baseball does when it's warm.

I'm not even mad. It just is what it is, lock the doors and wait it out.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

the other states should pretty clearly and publically state that they do not think that zero cases is impossible at all, and are in fact perfectly willing to take the measures necessary to preserve it, and if NSW doesn't want to be responsible and diligent enough then they are banished.

Balkstralia

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Horseshoe theory posted:

:blessed: doggo intermission:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Nothing to see here

Welcome to the club...? Sort of...?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
clarissa having a rough one it seems

https://www.wfla.com/entertainment-news/melissa-joan-hart-reveals-bad-breakthrough-case-believes-kids-were-exposed-at-school/

quote:

“I got COVID. I am vaccinated and I got COVID, and it’s bad,” Hart said in an Instagram video Wednesday, her voice noticeably raspy. “One of my kids I think has it so far, I’m praying that the other ones are OK.”

Hart said she feels a constant weight on her chest and difficulty breathing.

She also urged others to do better, expressing frustration at the lack of mask wearing in schools.

“I’m mad, I’m really mad because we tried – we took precautions and we cut our exposure by a lot but we got a little lazy, and I think as a country we got lazy, and I’m really mad that my kids didn’t have to wear masks at school because I’m pretty sure that’s where this came from.”

sounds like people who hosed around a bit are finding out

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Mola Yam posted:

hacky post-apocalyptic game/movie vibes

also how I describe my current wardrobe aesthetic

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

yeah, we know. it's the thread title now.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Guess I need to add bottled water to the stockpile since covid can choke the water supply too, gently caress

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Stereotype posted:

honestly covid spreads super close to how miasma is described and if people thought about it as an inescapable cloud wafting from infected people we'd probably have rules that make more sense. right now the rules address some weird mixture between a disease that spreads like food poisoning and one that spreads exclusively by macroscopic saliva molecules that travel in perfectly straight lines.

i thought they believed miasma gasses were not from diseased people but from the environment or night air? you have a point though, i wouldn't put it past a significant number of people coming to a halfway decent conclusion that something was coming from plague-bearers or at the very least something in their vicinity that they can get sick from. some places instituted quarantine during the black death so at least some people in power put two and two together. they probably had to fight against the medieval equivalent of anti-lockdown protestors.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

etalian posted:

If this punishment happened in US they would lots of liberals arguing was this was going overboard, you'll only make him more popular!

thinking they should make the sentences exponential over time too

like the first lockdown protest organizer gets 8 months.

next one gets 16 months. then 32. 64, 128, etc. :getin:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

cash crab posted:

Welcome to the club...? Sort of...?

We're in the Canadian stage of covid now where the chud states are demanding we surrender and end lockdowns and the (somewhat) left leaning state is trying to eliminate it but failing.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1428884240649756672

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Twitter is a mistake

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

In Training posted:

may owned. remember when the cdc lied about the vaccines giving sterilizing immunity bc they thought it would boost adoption rates. good poo poo.

Oh boy do I ever.

https://youtu.be/AK8OB8wlMGA&t=7m50s

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
please do not give ivermectin to your children

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

turd in my singlet posted:

are we gonna get another wave out of sturgis like last year or is it gonna be drowned out by the big wave from the south

Two competing waves that cancel each other out maybe.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Here's your weekly "Japan is doing just GREAT thanks for asking!" update

quote:

The seven-day average of new cases in Tokyo stood at 4,630.6 as of Wednesday, marking a record high for the third straight week. The number of severely ill COVID-19 patients came to 275, occupying about 70% of hospital beds set aside for the patients.
Don't seem too bad ~ 30% capacity left...

quote:

In the past week, the number of patients staying at home rose by about 3,000 to 22,226. Five patients, in their 30s to 70s, died at home.
pikachu_surprised_face

Article: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/08/21/national/tokyo-coronavirus-cases-testing/

Bonus lmao

quote:

The central government is not considering blanket closures of schools to curb the rapid spread of COVID-19, education minister Koichi Hagiuda has said.
“The government will not seek such blanket school closures,” Hagiuda told a news conference Friday in reference to elementary, middle and high schools.
Open Suga!

quote:

The Tokyo Metropolitan Government has decided to scale down its contact-tracing program for identifying people who may have had close contact with those infected with the new coronavirus.
The metropolitan government last Tuesday notified public health care centers in the capital of the decision.

I can keep going all day, why do people still believe Japan is doing well?

final lmao:

quote:

The rate of positive test results rose 1.5 percentage points to 24% in the past week.
The daily number of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and other tests to detect the coronavirus [b]is as low as around 13,000[\b], although the metropolitan government claims that it is capable of testing 97,000 people a day.

Final bonus fact: Back in 2020 it was decided if they find a corpse in a hospital or home or somewhere it will be ruled as having died of "natural causes" and no COVID test will be performed. This ruling still stands. lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

try and stop me motherfucker.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Stereotype posted:

when i was on a plane recently the ground power on the plane was hosed up, so the A/C was off while everyone was boarding up until we got pushed back and the engines turned on. The in-flight entertainment kept bombarding me with this propaganda that the ARMY had tested planes to see if covid would spread in the tightly packed enclosed metal tube and it wouldn't ever, it was completely 100% impossible, because of the high power air filtration system. I kept thinking about that half hour where we all sat on the plane and the air filtration wasn't on, and we were just breathing in each other's farts and covid miasma. I bet they didn't test that edge case.

i bet they didnt test anything and they were lying

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

One of our local hospitals converted their adjoining chapel into a COVID ward out of lack of space for any additional beds in the hospital proper

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
friend of a friend's dad died of covid just now and didnt get the vax since its fake, and thought covid was a hoax so when he got sick he jsut thought it was something else until his lungs were melting and still thought it was a hoax even gasping for air

amazing, really.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

mod sassinator posted:

They tested all 11 million people in Wuhan again in like 3 days. Identified all the clusters, locked them down and dealt with the little flare ups that occurred. LMAO it took them less than a month and barely anyone has a disruption to normal life, other than a country wide mask mandate.

Apparently a bunch of cities and provinces are running out of money due to these expensive testing and lockdown measures.

A few high level people--probably at the behest of the central government to see how citizens would react--have started to float "living with the virus" trial balloons, which resulted in widespread opposition:

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3144570/chinas-dr-fauci-talks-about-coexisting-virus-cue-social-media-storm

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Paralympics starts in 4 days.
Schoolchildren will be mandated to spectate in lieu of other spectators.

lmao

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Aug 21, 2021

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/abc13houston/status/1428934901584306177?s=20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boat Stuck posted:

Apparently a bunch of cities and provinces are running out of money due to these expensive testing and lockdown measures.

A few high level people--probably at the behest of the central government to see how citizens would react--have started to float "living with the virus" trial balloons, which resulted in widespread opposition:

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3144570/chinas-dr-fauci-talks-about-coexisting-virus-cue-social-media-storm

I beseech the Chinese people do not agree to live with the virus. it's not a good time.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oxygen is outside you fools, just go outside

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the virus barely does dishes and sometimes takes showers at 3am. a tremendously rude virus to live with

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Horseshoe theory posted:

:blessed: doggo intermission:

Double mlem :cheeky: :love:

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Formerly Chuck's

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JenniferMarguli/status/1428934142323040259
Remember back like 2 years ago when the CDC had credibility lol

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Schnorkles posted:

it's fine to give it to your kids

:dumbrim:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

this is the angriest a single tweet has ever loving made me, holy gently caress

i need to take a walk or soemthing gently caress

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

The first post needs to have respirator info. Not large meme pics

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

taking bets on what the next snake oil cure will be

salt water, perhaps

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Zokari posted:

taking bets on what the next snake oil cure will be

salt water, perhaps

Hope it is slapping therapy

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

ben shapino posted:

this is the angriest a single tweet has ever loving made me, holy gently caress

i need to take a walk or soemthing gently caress

its hot saucerman, its a bit. jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

crepeface posted:

i loved reading comments about how they handled outbreaks

i dont even understand how this is remotely draconian or totalitarian, nevermind when its compared the US response. we are a literally insane country.