Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Guillermus posted:

I have Persona 5 Royal on my backlog, do I want Persona 5 Strikers too? It's getting cheap and might add it to the collection (and insane backlog as I'm studying+working until december).

Strikers is a sequel to Persona 5 (they don't explicitly mention the events and characters in Royale, but are kind of vague on how many team members they fought with during the events of that game), and it is a very different game.

I quite liked it. Its more of an action-rpg while going on a road trip with buddies. Its hard to recommend before you play P5 simply because it hinges a lot on how much you like those characters and world, but I thought it was a good time, much shorter too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Being shorter is going to be good because when I get some free time in December, I'll beat Sekiro ASAP so I can start getting ready for Elden Ring launch.

And I hope that on December/January is easier to get a PS5 too.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, it's only on Steam at the moment sadly. If by chance you mean Persona 5, then you absolutely want P5 Royal.

Yeah, I meant Persona 5.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GKHJP98/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_RB2K8ZTEH0AG1ME0HW2A

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085PS9F4H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_NAEHQXWTFNRV2363MBF4

?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Royal is the better version in almost every way, but it's worth noting since you mentioned being on PS5 that you can get P5 vanilla for free as part of the PS+ Collection

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arist posted:

For the record, the reason it's a month is that Atlus is teasing some big Persona announcements for September. Maybe if we're good we'll get a P4 port, but I'm more interested in potential Persona 6 news, whatever the hell they might be doing to update Persona 3 (even if I don't love that game), or god forbid an Ultimax port (please, Atlus, I've been so very good this year)

The thing with the SMT: Nocturne remaster is that it's original code sitting in whatever they've used to get it running. The same engine that runs Digital Devil Saga, and forked off to run Personas 3 and 4. Theoretically, the hard work's mostly done to make a straight Persona 3 HD port possible.

Arist posted:

Royal is the better version in almost every way, but it's worth noting since you mentioned being on PS5 that you can get P5 vanilla for free as part of the PS+ Collection

I'd still say get P5 Royal IMO. You get a lot of extra game, a lot of fixes and improvements to the base gameplay, and all the silly DLC costumes of the original to boot.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 18, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The thing with the SMT: Nocturne remaster is that's original code sitting in whatever they've used to get it running. The same engine that runs Digital Devil Saga, and forked off to run Personas 3 and 4. Theoretically, the hard work's mostly done to make a straight Persona 3 HD port possible.

The issue is more that they kind of have to include the female route, and at that point they need to do so much work to everything else to fill in the gaps in content that it might just be a full remake at that point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arist posted:

The issue is more that they kind of have to include the female route, and at that point they need to do so much work to everything else to fill in the gaps in content that it might just be a full remake at that point.

Oh very true, and one well worth making too :hmmyes:. I kinda wonder if the Evokers might be a bit of a touchy point nowadays that they might rework if they did make a P3 remaster. Mental health's taken a bit of a dip for a lot of people around the world now, and hoo-boy did P3 like to get edgy with its edgy self-inflicted headshots :suicide:.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How did the dog summon personas

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

personae :eng101:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:woof:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Indies sale! I'm eyeballing Eastshade, Stories Untold, and Evoland.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Arist posted:

Is there a reason to get a physical over digital copy if I'm playing on a PS5? (resale aside)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Unfortunately Atlus has decreed otherwise

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Unfortunately Atlus has decreed otherwise

:eng99:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PRADA SLUT posted:

Is there a reason to get a physical over digital copy if I'm playing on a PS5? (resale aside)

Nope.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dogs are very mysterious and there's a lot we don't know about them or how they harness their powers

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

My PS4 stopped outputting audio and video over HDMI about six weeks ago after a lightning strike. It boots and responds to input, and outputs sound over the headphone jack in the controller, but it's useless, and yes, I've confirmed it's not the TV or cable, etc.

I wasn't planning to jump on a PS5 anytime soon but got the magic Sony invitation the other day and successfully placed an order. My question is, what do I need to do to decommission the PS4, and then what do I physically do with it? I've successfully logged in via Remote Play but I assume I'm trying to sign out of PSN would either fail or break my Remote Play connection; reading a guide even deactivating as a primary PS4 involves rebooting, so that would also sever the connection. Just going straight to factory reset, idk if that would be allowed and idk how I'd be able to be confident it succeeded since I wouldn't be able to log in to Remote Play again.

Is deactivating via the PSN web site and then pulling the hard drive (might as well anyway, I think I've got an enclosure to at least use it with a PC) the best I'm gonna do and sufficient? And then... is it worth anything to anyone for parts or to try to refurbish? Trash seems wrong. The like periodic city e-recycling thing?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

Indies sale! I'm eyeballing Eastshade, Stories Untold, and Evoland.

Stories Untold was interesting, the first section was very creepy to me. Probably worth whatever the sale price is

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He was a very good boy

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Do PS4 Pros have issues when used with an HDMI Switch? I have a Rocketfish HDMI Switch and it works fine with the OG PS4, but when I tried to plug in the Pro, it doesn't recognize the signal unless I plug the HDMI cable directly into the TV (I have a Samsung 75 inch 4K QLED)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He had a special collar, iirc but mostly

Senator Drinksalot posted:

He was a very good boy

these

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Heard y'all like Ghost of Tsushima!

https://www.fangamer.com/products/tsushima-fox-plush
https://www.fangamer.com/products/ghost-of-tsushima-jin-and-yuna-enamel-pin-set

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I tried watching a Tim Rogers video while working.

Oh my god get on with it I cannot take this what is this even.

That's all I have on the subject.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

That's all I have on the subject.

Roger(s) that.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Tim Rogers? More like Rim Todgers am I right

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The only bad thing about Tim Rogers videos is there are so few.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

VideoGames posted:

He has a year's worth of videos he made at Kotaku if people are looking for more Rogers :)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Tim Rogers? More like Rim Todgers am I right

lmao

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Willo567 posted:

Do PS4 Pros have issues when used with an HDMI Switch? I have a Rocketfish HDMI Switch and it works fine with the OG PS4, but when I tried to plug in the Pro, it doesn't recognize the signal unless I plug the HDMI cable directly into the TV (I have a Samsung 75 inch 4K QLED)
Try turning HDCP off? Unless you need it.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Should do a livestream of watching the new one when it comes out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
We should do a podcast where I talk in a British accent and VeeG talks in his American accent and we review Tim Rogers videos as though we think they are video games we’re playing and not actually videos.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I just installed Quake for the PS4 and it has the option of playing both the regular version and the Quake 64 version (which had its own music and extra lighting). Also there is crossplatform online play if you don't mind playing against kb+m people in a quarter century old first person shooter.

I guess it feels similar control-wise to the recent Turok re-releases, but I did mess around with the sensitivity a bit so I could whip the crosshair around. It also seems to offer motion control aiming with the DS4, but personally I will probably never use it. Also L2 is jump which makes for a lot of accidental leaps while forgetting there isn't a sight zoom in most FPS games at this point. I always liked the Playstation version of Quake 2, so I kind of hope they rerelease it on console eventually too.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

We should do a podcast where I talk in a British accent and VeeG talks in his American accent and we review Tim Rogers videos as though we think they are video games we’re playing and not actually videos.

It could either be the greatest podcast in the world, or the greatestest podcast in the world :D

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I'm at the last chalice dungeon in my Bloodborne complete replay and I've done co-op with randoms in basically every single one, I can't believe how active this game is.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Akuma posted:

I'm at the last chalice dungeon in my Bloodborne complete replay and I've done co-op with randoms in basically every single one, I can't believe how active this game is.

I think DS Remastered is the one that is harder to find people to co-op for outside events because even in DS2 if you don't overlevel(and don't go much over the soul memory range for zones) you can get hits easy.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Redezga posted:

I just installed Quake for the PS4 and it has the option of playing both the regular version and the Quake 64 version (which had its own music and extra lighting). Also there is crossplatform online play if you don't mind playing against kb+m people in a quarter century old first person shooter.

I guess it feels similar control-wise to the recent Turok re-releases, but I did mess around with the sensitivity a bit so I could whip the crosshair around. It also seems to offer motion control aiming with the DS4, but personally I will probably never use it. Also L2 is jump which makes for a lot of accidental leaps while forgetting there isn't a sight zoom in most FPS games at this point. I always liked the Playstation version of Quake 2, so I kind of hope they rerelease it on console eventually too.

Quake 2 on N64 was awesome.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I hope Quake 2 gets the same treatment. Quake 3 is a different beast considering that Quake Live exists but I still liked more the old UI more.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

I hope Quake 2 gets the same treatment.

Same. Quake 2 is GOAT

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like the aesthetic of Quake 1 more than 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quake 2 looks like coloured lighting vomit