Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Come And See posted:

I hate that it's always the same face angle every goddamn panel.

It tries to do something with their hands and bodies, only making it all the more obvious.

I like the art pretty well in individual panels but there was something vaguely bugging me, I think that was it. I'm still onboard for now, I don't have a real feel for where it's going yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What the gently caress I thought the U was like in "Luke"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Push El Burrito posted:

I put ketchup on mine.

I put ketchup on my tacos

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Come And See posted:

I hate that it's always the same face angle every goddamn panel.

It tries to keep their hands and bodies busy, only making it all the more obvious.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like the art pretty well in individual panels but there was something vaguely bugging me, I think that was it. I'm still onboard for now, I don't have a real feel for where it's going yet though.

Yeah it takes a bit for the art to crystalize (like late chapter 2-ish at the soonest I'd say); chapter 1's art in particular feels pretty rough

Likewise there's some aspects to the writing that also take a bit quicker to crystalize but still isn't Quite There yet by the end of chapter 1

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The kid seems very not upset that the Earth got exploded and everybody he knows is dead

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

I read the first couple and they just washed over me without making a mark. it seems like an interesting premise but everything else, the art, the writing, the character designs, just seems as generic as possible

And I hate that whole design choice of stumpy characters with big fat arms, it sucks, everyone stop drawing like that

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

noooooooooo

If you have friends, and any of them go to college, it is inevitable that at some point you will be dragged into a half-baked photography project. Just go along with it. No one will remember.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

some plague rats posted:

And I hate that whole design choice of stumpy characters with big fat arms, it sucks, everyone stop drawing like that

It does remind me of that whole animation style (like Steven Universe et al) where everything kinda looks like it spawned from the same place. But I don't mind it too much, it's still pretty cute to me.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

thetoughestbean posted:

The kid seems very not upset that the Earth got exploded and everybody he knows is dead
Probably just shock, but eh, I can relate

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

So, it's funny, right? The creator of the comic wants to bum people out and increase the suicide rate, but the ineptitude of the execution prevents that. So, it's a joke on the creator of the comic, right? That's why it's funny and why you enjoy it?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

gleebster posted:

So, it's funny, right? The creator of the comic wants to bum people out and increase the suicide rate, but the ineptitude of the execution prevents that. So, it's a joke on the creator of the comic, right? That's why it's funny and why you enjoy it?

Pfsc has humorous elements, but overall, no, I wouldn’t describe it as funny. Which is a good thing that this thread isn’t titled PFY funny comics

E: again, if anybody doesn’t like these, put me on ignore

Ziv Zulander has a new favorite as of 08:07 on Aug 21, 2021

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've seen a lot of weird takes in this thread but that one's easily top 5, well done

It's funny because of the way it fucks with expectations. This is the fundamental mechanism of most comedy, in fact. hth

Also, you forgot the straws.

stringless has a new favorite as of 08:09 on Aug 21, 2021

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
PFSC is funny and fun to read, I've loved that comic for as long as it's been around. I even got the book from the kickstarter with an actual dead wasp in it.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I went and checked how many of them I still have left to post, and it turns out there’s exactly 100 left

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
PFSC is one of the best representations of what it's like to live in a world that doesn't want you in it but doesn't give enough of a poo poo to eject you. You're stuck there and nobody cares and nothing good or bad ever happens to you, everything is grey and white, there's no love or warmth, it's just room temperature forever and you can stay or die and nobody really cares either way.

It's perfect.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gleebster posted:

What? shut up

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

aegof posted:

Same and also with Meg Mogg & Owl. Meanwhile Pictures for Sad Children is both hilarious and relatable to me.

ow

Zetsubou-san has a new favorite as of 09:14 on Aug 21, 2021

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

gleebster posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you people

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

PFSC is one of the best representations of what it's like to live in a world that doesn't want you in it but doesn't give enough of a poo poo to eject you. You're stuck there and nobody cares and nothing good or bad ever happens to you, everything is grey and white, there's no love or warmth, it's just room temperature forever and you can stay or die and nobody really cares either way.

It's perfect.

Yeah, that and the low-level hum of absurdity that comes along with that, like everyone's playing a boardgame that someone lost the rules to. Man, I like PFSC, but I have to check I with myself before I know whether or not I can do it today.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Hygiene posted:

It does remind me of that whole animation style (like Steven Universe et al) where everything kinda looks like it spawned from the same place. But I don't mind it too much, it's still pretty cute to me.
CalArts

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Just imagine that between every strip you see there's 10-30 more of character(s) drinking and/or smoking while nothing in particular happens.
Clementine is crustpunk Friends with more likeable characters

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Softies is just so incredibly bland. I could say more but this goodreads review says it all:

quote:

I found this to be just ok. While I really liked the illustrations and the idea of the story, it just didn't interest me all that much. It wasn't bad, or poorly written or anything like that, but simply wasn't for me. So for that reason, I would pass this along to someone else.

It also lists it in the Childrens > Middle Grade genre so maybe better suited for the PYF babby comic thread?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

FFT posted:

I've seen a lot of weird takes in this thread but that one's easily top 5, well done

It's funny because of the way it fucks with expectations. This is the fundamental mechanism of most comedy, in fact. hth

Also, you forgot the straws.

Are you kidding? It's the same drat thing over and over.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
From now on, every Tuesday, one webcomic will be voted out to never be posted in the thread again. There will be no debates or campaigning, only voting.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Paladinus posted:

From now on, every Tuesday, one webcomic will be voted out to never be posted in the thread again. There will be no debates or campaigning, only voting.

Quick: someone make a web comic out of Paladinus's posts

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I vote for Moon Over June

to STAY :getin:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Paladinus posted:

:one:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Paladinus posted:

I'm not falling for this trick again.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Paladinus posted:

Are you a webcomic?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Nedroid is exempt as it has been posted in its entirety

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

Nah, that's some fuckin Brother Johnathan poo poo, just find some weird rear end comic you like and start posting it, like i do

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Nedroid is exempt as it has been posted in its entirety

Yes, but has it been posted ENOUGH? I say nay.

Have I missed something about Whomp!? I thought someone was posting it, but haven't seen any in an age.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If you don't like the idea, feel free to take it to QCS. For now, please continue posting comics as usual until Tuesday.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
I'm with Paladinus on this one. Also, have the user who last posted the losing comic get a ban, too.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The posts about disliking the thing are, as always, 100x more annoying than the thing’s posts. Pfsc has a super identifiable art style. Just scroll past.

Edit: like the ugly possum comic isn’t my jam so I scroll past. But when someone writes words I stupidly decide to read them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
We need less content being posted, pronto! We're only posting like four comics in this thread so we can get rid of them in four weeks if we focus as a community.