Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

It was the NBA and nothing else, and wouldn't have been anything else for awhile. That moron licking the microphone to prove viruses arent real or whatever saved more lives than the CDC

i was at a bar when this happened and it was like full blown panic hit the crowd and half the people just left in a sudden hurry and the mood got real dark. i stayed lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Lathespin.gif posted:

since work is having me fly and the airports/planes won't likely accept a real respirator anymore, I'm looking at upgrading my kn95 game. best bet so far seems to be the 3m aura line?

looks like single size, sold under three main numbers/lines not counting vented versions, all are n95, sometimes available at hardware/home depot/etc, about 2 bucks a pop unless you buy a case of 440 or something

9205+, blue rubber band straps, usa made(?)

9210+, "braided" straps (elastic not rubber?) made in singapore(?)

1870+, red rubber band straps, full-on medical version, "Country of Origin Made in the USA, UK, Singapore, and Canada", FDA approved as surgical, added coating for fluid/blood resistance and spatter, might be better in the rain?

first impressions- they have a soft foam liner for the nose/top seal that smells kinda like pickles at first but works well, a pretty stout bridge wire to bent to fit, full headbands instead of earloops, a slightly more elaborate don/doff setup, and seem like they would fit practically anyone with how they seal and are better for talking in than a kn95.

so far they seem real nice

this is a good post - I’ve been meaning to write up something on these masks so thanks for doing it. :) The Aura line is pretty much exclusively what I’ve been wearing since I’ve been vaxxed (though the half-mask will be coming back now that I’m due to return to the office lol). They are very comfortable and seal really well. I have tried the blue straps and the red straps and there really isn’t any noticeable difference. just that the red straps are fully rated medical masks.

I went to buy them again recently and could only find them here. I was very impressed, got them within a few days. I think I used the code “WELCOME” and got 10% off too.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/US_FDA/status/1429050070243192839?s=20

Having another normal one here in the good ol' US of A.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Throatwarbler posted:

The part about her being a great cook is the capstone on top of everything, because it's not like Americans are braving the pandemic to crank out more T-34s for the front, the country is literally being torn apart and hundreds of thousands are dying because *checks thread notes* Americans need to go somewhere to eat terrible American food and get even fatter.

Before the pandemic I tried my best to expose her to all aspects of American cuisine. We went to multiple IHOPs and Golden Corrals in different states. We had sweet potato casserole, pop tarts, "General Tso's Chicken", and she's just not into it at all.

i really don't blame her at all. literally the only thing i miss about living in a big city is the asian district. i loved those grocery stores and restaurants so loving much

it's not just our recipes, it's also the quality of our ingredients, both fresh and processed. our meat is disgusting. our produce is old and gross, either flavorless or bad tasting. packaged white bread is loving shameful, it's more like cake than bread. most of what is sold at the store is some kind of horrifying slop of chemicals and scraps and rat poo poo that some clever person figured out how to make look and smell presentable enough to trick people into eating it

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Substandard posted:

I paid :10bux: in 2007 to join a comedy forum, and now I'm a communist with access to reliable COVID info.

It's just that simple, folks

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Substandard posted:

I paid :10bux: in 2007 to join a comedy forum, and now I'm a communist with access to reliable COVID info.

:same:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Lathespin.gif posted:

also they aren't ideal for pandemic use because vented, but top-tier disposable for smoke/fire/emergency is totally the 3m 8293. it's a bit bulky but super comfy wide straps, great fit and seals and sleeps well, weighs nothing, and is full-on p100 rated. owns.

i wore these exact masks on a plane last month, with a surgical mask over it

A+

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

where the gently caress does johns hopkins get it's data from?

:eyepop:

Edit: nvm they do some weird reporting clumping

yeah I was about to say they do weirdo reporting but world-o still doesn't have florida's report from yesterday so that's weird

https://lexington.craigslist.org/grd/d/liberty-katahdin-hair-sheep-for-sale/7368294521.html anyhow, everybody have some sheep I'm looking at to expand the flock because my waiting list is at 83 people right now and keeps growing. the surprise ram lamb we had? sold. the surprise shetland ram lamb? he's 9 days old and has a bidding war on him right now. at least people can eat them if grocery stores go to poo poo.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Throatwarbler posted:

Before the pandemic I tried my best to expose her to all aspects of American cuisine. We went to multiple IHOPs and Golden Corrals in different states. We had sweet potato casserole, pop tarts, "General Tso's Chicken", and she's just not into it at all.

lol what the gently caress

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

our government can’t even pretend to be normal and competent, we dont need a school counselor in a backwards chair, we need actual functional institutions

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

you can eat food in america that is not filth

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

osprey posted:

i'm just so tired of how stupid everything is, myself included. what a dumb loving species we are. i wish aliens would purge us all from this planet

Agreed. My wife and I are trying to deal with her mother dying of pancreatic cancer (bad) and her father rushing into full-blown Alzheimer's (worse). He's like a microcosm of our society. How is it that so many people are acting that they've got little holes blown in their brains while they're still in their 30s and 40s? Am I like this, full of toxic certainty but in denial like my father in law??

So very tired.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Solarin posted:

doubtful

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Substandard posted:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Solarin posted:

Maybe after I finish converting my yard into a micro-farm.

Edit: water main broke, guess I'll install a cistern under the garden

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

osprey posted:

it's not just our recipes, it's also the quality of our ingredients, both fresh and processed. our meat is disgusting. our produce is old and gross, either flavorless or bad tasting. packaged white bread is loving shameful, it's more like cake than bread. most of what is sold at the store is some kind of horrifying slop of chemicals and scraps and rat poo poo that some clever person figured out how to make look and smell presentable enough to trick people into eating it

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Real Mean Queen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7MgW8UbJQ

This is hella good, but I wouldn't recommend starting your day with it

loving superb, thank you.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Throatwarbler posted:

The part about her being a great cook is the capstone on top of everything, because it's not like Americans are braving the pandemic to crank out more T-34s for the front, the country is literally being torn apart and hundreds of thousands are dying because *checks thread notes* Americans need to go somewhere to eat terrible American food and get even fatter.

Why would you do that to someone you love? You are an idiot who lucked into a good partner. Don't ever think you are the catch in this relationship.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Substandard posted:

This thread has a lot of insane people like anywhere else on the internet but it’s been the single most reliable source of covid-19 data and information on how to protect yourself.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

Have they even seen what the average fast food eating american looks like ?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

My boy got some hella kissable lips.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Apparently 4,000 people showed up to the Melbourne anti lockdown protest. $5,400+ fines per person for anyone who got cornered, $1.8 million total in fines handed out today.

Best video I could find below. It's Sydney based but their protest was mostly contained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1ORP9QbJY

Btw for those who enjoyed movers being called removalists in Aus, "capsicum spray" is pepper spray.

drat there are some dumb motherfuckers in this country

also lol at the answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1ORP9QbJY&t=519s

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

McCracAttack posted:

Ah, yes, the old DARE tactic of painting ketamine users as depraved for using (gasp) horse tranquilizer. Neither mentioning that both compounds are used in human medicine and anesthesia

Why be sensational instead of addressing the real concern, and that is that the quality standards are far less in animal medicine than in that meant for human use

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
gently caress it triple post it's great that the FDA is looking to approve on Monday. Unfortunately for me, the local health conglomerate closed our doctor's office in June, so we have no PCP until the end of September when our doc starts a new position an extra 20 minutes away. And I'm insanely privileged how the gently caress can you fight against a passive genocide of attrition like this?

We don't have a coherent society, everyone still sane is just scrambling to survive.

What a poo poo hole.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't believe taking away unemployment does loving nothing for spurring employment. I am absolutely shocked.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Dr.Caligari posted:

Ah, yes, the old DARE tactic of painting ketamine users as depraved for using (gasp) horse tranquilizer. Neither mentioning that both compounds are used in human medicine and anesthesia

Why be sensational instead of addressing the real concern, and that is that the quality standards are far less in animal medicine than in that meant for human use

loving POWERFUL lib condescending clapback tweet energy by the FDA. I'm sure it's very effective at telling people to stop snorting brain worm remover. Absolutely worthless fuckers.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

What wretched podunk do you live in where the best restaurant is Golden Corral?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Throatwarbler posted:

My wife and son are going back to China on the earliest flight that we could book. Even if they get the kid vaccine here out before they leave, I am only going to trust the Chinese vaccine for my son.

I mentioned it a couple of times in these threads already, but my wife was a nurse in China before she married me and came to the US. I was a dumb chud in 2019 and she threatened me with actual assault unless we pulled our kid out of pre-K and I started to wear a mask....in February 2020. She already basically hated everything about America before this, especially American food in every form. This is pretty common among Chinese people - I have friends who spent 5 years in America and ate at a non-Chinese/Asian restaurant maybe once throughout those 5 years, because their new American friends dragged them to a Red Lobster or some poo poo, and that was enough. Her family ran a bakery in China growing up and she was a semi-professional cook.

Her process of crack-pinging was something like:

February 2020:
Me: I guess they found a few cases in our state now.
Her: Holy poo poo why are still people going outside? Why isn't the city locked down?

March 2020:
Me: I dunno babe this Fauci guy on TV says masks don't work?
Her: You are the dumbest god drat idiot I have ever met.

April 2020:
Me: Check out these convicts digging mass graves in New York in exchange for masks lol.
Her: A hundred thousand people are going to die. All those people had families and children. Why doesn't the government do something?

June 2020:
Me: The FDA has issued guidance on returning refrigerated trailers back to food service after storing corpses.
Her: : :stare:

[Bunch of other poo poo in 2020]

January 2021:
Me: A bunch of hospital workers in California got infected because one of them wore an inflatable Christmas tree outfit for a party while positive. Also there's some kind of coup going on in Washington.
Her: lol. lmao.

lol your wife owns

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
My biggest crack-ping was at the very beginning, around January 2020, when I told my wife “we should trust the CDC”. A few days later, I cracked once I started reading this thread. I pinged when I got back into the US and saw an extremely full customs room full of people who clearly looked sick and the US had no plan for this.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dixon Chisholm posted:

My boy got some hella kissable lips.

gross

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dr.Caligari posted:

or, as my ivermectin supporting friend keeps insisting, go talk to your doctor to get the standard human dose prescribed , which millions of people have done safely for decades

said ivermectin friend got real pissed at me for going out to socialize and risking getting covid, which i thought was pretty funny.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

osprey posted:

i'm just so tired of how stupid everything is, myself included. what a dumb loving species we are. i wish aliens would purge us all from this planet

Monkey's paw curls

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

crepeface posted:

lol your wife owns

I worked with a Chinese national who quit, pulled out of his post grad program, and got on a plane back in February 2020.

If you aren’t doing what the Chinese are doing at this point you’re a dumbass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This thread has a lot of insane people like anywhere else on the internet but it’s been the single most reliable source of covid-19 data and information on how to protect yourself.

it is extremely funny considering the content on like 99% o these forums Lol.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Strep Vote posted:

gently caress it triple post it's great that the FDA is looking to approve on Monday. Unfortunately for me, the local health conglomerate closed our doctor's office in June, so we have no PCP until the end of September when our doc starts a new position an extra 20 minutes away. And I'm insanely privileged how the gently caress can you fight against a passive genocide of attrition like this?

We don't have a coherent society, everyone still sane is just scrambling to survive.

What a poo poo hole.

The guy next door isn’t visibly freaking out, and if he is it’s a very sad mental health issue that doesn’t apply to healthy people like you, and you should look to a different neighbor for reassurance. The popular consensus is that nothing is wrong. There can’t be anything wrong, that’s why there isn’t.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

I can't believe taking away unemployment does loving nothing for spurring employment. I am absolutely shocked.

All the Chuds at work believe that's the real reason the places have the "help wanted" signs, not because industries like the restaurant business operate on the "Churn + Burn" model for their employees.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
the "full approval means I can get my doctor to jab my 10 year old" seems to be picking up tons of steam. all over social media now and getting texts about it

thinking this is the last bit of hope parents are clinging to as schools open

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm trying to think about what I would've done if I didn't read the covid thread and the implications are terrifying lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Monkey's paw curls

The CDC is most like Ash characters in the original movie.

A supposed medical expert character that actually has a interest aligned with corporate and political bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
We got our boosters: