Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lol @ that wade wilson dude

Last week he tweeted something like "My brother just died in a car crash I'm taking a break from Twitter" and later that day replied to a picture Bryan Alvarez posted of his family something like "WHY ARE YOU POSTING YOUR MAIL ORDER BRIDE AND MELTZER'S KIDS YOU CUCK"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

later that day replied to a picture Bryan Alvarez posted of his family something like "WHY ARE YOU POSTING YOUR MAIL ORDER BRIDE AND MELTZER'S KIDS YOU CUCK"

:stare: Jeez

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Shinjobi posted:

All in the span of a few days. It's been a wild ride through social media. I've seriously gotta delete facebook.

What if social media was a horrible mistake?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i know the copium is really nice

so lets keep gettin that content guys do not let up on the posting

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is there a gif of the Canadian destroyer jb took and apparently died from?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

TV Zombie posted:

Is there a gif of the Canadian destroyer jb took and apparently died from?

https://mobile.twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1428908875571466241?s=20

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
What's with all these weirdos getting butt hurt cause Punk said he left Pro Wrestling in 2005? WWE doesn't even consider itself Pro wrestling and actively wants to be anything else. Even still, it was the softest of soft digs so of course dweebs are pissing their pants over it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

please spoiler tag a man dying in the ring for those of us who don't want to relive that moment, thanks

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Maybe I'm naive but that was one of the safest looking bumps I've ever seen for a high risk move in AEW?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

he was super well protected throughout that move

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

can't believe that TNT allowed Tony Khan to stage an actual murder for entertainment

what's next, hostage beheadings?????

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I kinda wish we had another angle to see his head positioning but it looks like he took most of the bump on his forearms.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm more worried about Kassidy's rear end than JB's neck

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

To be fair it is an insane spot.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ty for being fair to AEWBotches

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Renaissance Spam posted:

I kinda wish we had another angle to see his head positioning but it looks like he took most of the bump on his forearms.

They instant replayed it from another angle. The only part above JB's shoulders that took any impact was his mane

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
is this like when people insist that kris statlander is actually dropping her opponents on their head when she does her finisher

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's literally just a moonsault.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Jungle Boy may never walk again after perfectly executing that bump.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/p8tcps/so_i_take_it_this_is_just_an_aew_subreddit_now/

"why isnt everyone talking about goldberg at summerslam????"

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Kris Statlander is a shoot alien doing shoot piledrivers on unsuspecting humans

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Already deleted lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Funny thing is even if CM Punk's return didn't torch Summerslam the event still would be #2 event in Vegas thanks to the Pacquaio fight

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Kris Statlander is a shoot alien doing shoot piledrivers on unsuspecting humans

and honestly, I'm glad.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DoniMiller/status/1428926401395232775?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The bad takes/premier league fan overlap continues to be a circle

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love how sure they are when talking about something so subjective and in which the only forms of measurement have changed so much you can't even account for inflation.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Twitter really just is a bunch of old dudes realizing they've been passed by in real time

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Renaissance Spam posted:

a lot of wrestling fans seem to have absolutely no idea what an actual bump on your head looks like

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Shard posted:

I love how sure they are when talking about something so subjective and in which the only forms of measurement have changed so much you can't even account for inflation.

Not surprised; as we've seen elsewhere in the world, a big part of being generally stupid is the assumption that your opinions are actually facts that everyone believes in, and doubling/tripling down when confronted with proof to the contrary.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

He fully rotated and landed on his loving knees.

Absolutely no weight was put on his neck.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A take I'm suddenly seeing a lot is "WOW HE SURE IS WEARING THE SAME SHIRT FROM WWE WHILE HE TALKS BAD ABOUT WWE"

I think.

I think they think WWE invented the Chicago flag.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

are people aware a Destroyer is like one of the safest loving moves LOL

lol @ that wade wilson dude

Last week he tweeted something like "My brother just died in a car crash I'm taking a break from Twitter" and later that day replied to a picture Bryan Alvarez posted of his family something like "WHY ARE YOU POSTING YOUR MAIL ORDER BRIDE AND MELTZER'S KIDS YOU CUCK"

this, sadly doesn't surprise me at all, a lot of the more visible wwewwfjunkie-esque people would literally do this because they have absolutely nothing else going on in their life than the pitiful engagement they get trolling twitter. it's the same as any other contrarian hot-take twitter people who cannot stop the obsession about being bitter on the app to strangers

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

A take I'm suddenly seeing a lot is "WOW HE SURE IS WEARING THE SAME SHIRT FROM WWE WHILE HE TALKS BAD ABOUT WWE"

I think.

Didn't it? Famous vexillography expert Vince McMahon Jr.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I remain fascinated by the "One time I turned into a dog and Vince helped me, thank you" energy from the people like Wilson.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

I just realized this is the spot they were talking about, he took a normal front bump

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Generico posted:

I just realized this is the spot they were talking about, he took a normal front bump

It's basically just cooler looking Doomsday Device/Double Impact bump.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, AEW are advertising a live murder for Wednesday when BROCK is killed in the middle of the ring.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

MJeff posted:

I think.

I saw at least two Youtube comments asking why Punk got to keep his WWE music

because I guess WWE also wrote Cult of Personality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, poo poo, the fact that he got Vince to licence a song from a real band that they weren't doing a lovely tie-in with was one of the things that made it clear he'd had some leverage in 2011.