Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

nah they've been third dosing for almost a month: https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-begins-administering-3rd-covid-vaccine-dose-to-the-elderly/ over 10% of israel's entire population has a 3rd dose now I think I read

Article says Israel started boosting the elderly on July 30th

Study about third-dose breakthroughs in Israel dropped on August 18th:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonath...sh=4c6839cb69af

quote:

Initial study results published Wednesday by Maccabi Health Services found 37 people out of 149,144, or 0.02%, who received three doses of the Pfizer vaccine have tested positive for Covid-19, compared to 1,064 of the 675,630 people, or nearly 0.2%, who only received a second dose in January or February.

If the incubation period is ~3 days, that means the breakthroughs all contracted COVID less than 16 days after their third shot

Exception would be the breakthroughs who were immunocompromised - I think there were 3 according to another article, and they would have received a booster in mid-July.

McNugget Buddy fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Polo-Rican posted:

What a coincidence! This fucker keeps killing me with his jumping attack

remember that dodging into an enemies attack is often more effective for clearing the danger zone because it extends outwards further than it extends inwards virtually all of the time

basically you gain more relative safety by dodging towards the boss than away from the boss because of how big his big noodly fuckin noodle arms are, also the same for every other boss in the franchise

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1429132244090867718?s=20

This is a big problem with all of these Health Department / School Board meetings. No one goes to them except psychopaths. There were 4 hours of comments at the health department meeting about requiring masks only for kids under 12 on Thursday. 4 hours.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

McNugget Buddy posted:

Pfizer's data shows max titers against Delta one-month post-3rd dose, and there's no way any of Israel's 3rd dose breakthroughs didn't contract the virus sooner than that - they didn't start administering shots to the elderly until a couple weeks ago.

It's possible Delta antibodies keep increasing post-3rd dose, but it's too soon to tell.

Can you link me the study with this info

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Hahaha

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1428832589591236615

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

He's finally free to live his life

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

fosborb posted:

Prof Riley is, I poo poo you not, a veterinarian

one health, baby! not condoning her beliefs, but she works with malaria where people dying commonly of infectious diseases is a way of life.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

looks like it's going down, don't see the problem op

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

thirsty af

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I'm really far from Louisiana - I know they have a mask mandate, but is it actually being followed? I imagine a lot of cases are coming from school or social gatherings though.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

Can you link me the study with this info

Notice the "estimated potential for up to 100-fold increase in Delta neutralization post-dose three" bullet point - I'm guessing titers were still increasing in test subjects when the data was published at the 1-month mark

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Do you expect me to water my orange groves with non-potable recycled water like some third world poor?

florida doesn't really have orange groves anymore. the citrus trees all die to some invasive bug that spreads a disease. we used to give out free florida orange juice at rest stops to welcome tourists to florida. not any more. good luck finding any

about 20 years ago, i remember someone coming through my granny's neighborhood and ordering that all of the citrus trees be chopped down. she was heartbroken to lose her beloved backyard citrus. they were trying to halt the spread, but they failed. i should have known it for an omen

some of the citrus farms have converted to eucalyptus which is lol. loving explosive non-native firetrees, yes of course, that's just what we need here in this godforsaken lightning-struck hellstate

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yea but imagine the economic damage this would do....a few rich guys would make a couple percent less profit than expected :( I don't know how people can be so selfish as to suggest 125,000 human lives are worth such horrific suffering as that.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

osprey posted:

some of the citrus farms have converted to eucalyptus which is lol. loving explosive non-native firetrees, yes of course, that's just what we need here in this godforsaken lightning-struck hellstate

lmao WHAT

edit: I mean why they pick eucalyptus

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Idiot Kicker posted:

I'm really far from Louisiana - I know they have a mask mandate, but is it actually being followed? I imagine a lot of cases are coming from school or social gatherings though.

New Orleans has a mask mandate and a vaccine passport mandate for restaurants, gyms, bars, etc.

The rest of the state may as well be Mississippi though, so I'm sure there are no restrictions outside of Orleans Parish.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Throatwarbler posted:

I pay to post on a dead gay comedy forum, do you think it was a joke? Obviously we hit up plenty of higher end places too. I'm not joking about Golden Corral though, because it's an actual representation of authentic American cuisine and I won't apologize for America. :colbert:

Also not a joke and an actual conversation we had:

Some time in March 2020:
Me: Seems like this is just a worse version of the flu?
Her: 1. You are so god drat stupid, and 2. My nurse friends in China are telling me about certain erectile and reproductive issues amongst recovered covid patients that don't seem to be going away with time.
Me: Eh, those are just anecdotes though, since unlike you, I am an advanced post-graduate degree holder, I'm going to wait for something peer reviewed before coming to any conclusions. :smug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
lol owned
seriously get the gently caress out of America and get to China if you can

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Uhhh... isn't that ALL of the nearby states?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

New Orleans has a mask mandate and a vaccine passport mandate for restaurants, gyms, bars, etc.

The rest of the state may as well be Mississippi though, so I'm sure there are no restrictions outside of Orleans Parish.

Oh, gotcha. Thanks!

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Substandard posted:

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1429132244090867718?s=20

This is a big problem with all of these Health Department / School Board meetings. No one goes to them except psychopaths. There were 4 hours of comments at the health department meeting about requiring masks only for kids under 12 on Thursday. 4 hours.

It's a good example of how discussion in a space is usually controlled by those who can participate the most and loudest and longest, not necessarily the people most informed or impacted by the topic. *Warily scrutinizes thread top-posters list*

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
all of america is a lie

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

osprey posted:

lol they should come chop down all the “natural groves” here :ca: like the ones right by the train tracks near my house where the local homeless dudes chill by abandoned trucks and stuff by the bridge

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

mod sassinator posted:

all of america is a lie

bad news about concepts in general

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Nocturtle posted:

It's a good example of how discussion in a space is usually controlled by those who can participate the most and loudest and longest, not necessarily the people most informed or impacted by the topic. *Warily scrutinizes thread top-posters list*

It's also a good example of how public discussion is not productive for every space and every topic.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
that's the lol part, the less lol part is that there were at least half a dozen state reps at the rally, including the deputy leader, and one of them gave a speech where she said that by mandating the vax for health workers the governor was committing a crime equal to the nazis and that 'there was a trial at nuremberg. the penalty for treason is death.'

Nocturtle posted:

yeah, and it feels like these fuckers are the only ones who're gonna be motivated to vote next time around, which i'm sure will make things even better

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Spoondick posted:

masks are for sheeple

sheep drugs are for people

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Chuds: haha look at those stupid Millienilas going to the emergency room from eating tide pods on tik Tok

…honey??!? have you seen my horse paste syringe?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
maybe a bit off topic but i've been legitimately wondering for days now what the gently caress the context is behind that avatar of someone rinsing a pizza off with a high pressure water stream

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Biowarfare posted:

maybe a bit off topic but i've been legitimately wondering for days now what the gently caress the context is behind that avatar of someone rinsing a pizza off with a high pressure water stream

washing delivery pizza to avoid fomites transmission

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

got my third shot shot shot

everybody (get vaxxed)

triple pfizered

e:

I didn’t even lie. I just made an online appointment for CVS, walked in, they never asked about my immune, I explicitly told them it was my third shot, and they just vaxxed me up no fuss no muss.

same. I went to a Kroger. they asked if it was a booster, I said yes and I got checked in without anything else but small talk.

edit: also, I was 1 of 2 people I saw wearing masks. lol. lmao.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
why would you not just microwave it for 30s or re-bake it

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

osprey posted:

florida doesn't really have orange groves anymore. the citrus trees all die to some invasive bug that spreads a disease. we used to give out free florida orange juice at rest stops to welcome tourists to florida. not any more. good luck finding any

about 20 years ago, i remember someone coming through my granny's neighborhood and ordering that all of the citrus trees be chopped down. she was heartbroken to lose her beloved backyard citrus. they were trying to halt the spread, but they failed. i should have known it for an omen

I remember staying at a hotel next to an orange grove back in the 1990s where for breakfast, they'd go out, pick oranges straight off the tree, and juice them at your table. Amazing stuff.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Biowarfare posted:

Might not remove all the bleach.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-08-21/parents-get-coached-on-how-to-escape-mask-and-vaccine-rules

quote:

In Oregon, Superintendent Marc Thielman of the rural Alsea School District told parents they can sidestep the governor's school mask requirement by applying for an accommodation for their children under federal disabilities law.

In a letter to educators this past week, Democratic Gov. Kate Brown said she was shocked that Thielman was undermining her policies by “instructing students to lie” about having a disability.

Thielman, who is planning to run for governor next year

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Biowarfare posted:

How would that be comforting security theater :confused:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

osprey posted:

What? In 2019 I was at Disney and coming back 95 towards GA everybody had free OJ. It's all Indian River, but I mean. OJ.

Loving seeing all of this poo poo about Louisiana while my spouse is there and he's coming here afterward lol lmao

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1429074141320302598

right on track to about 2 weeks until we're past the winter surge worst hospitalizations and probably 4 weeks until complete US healthcare system collapse

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1429074141320302598

right on track to about 2 weeks until we're past the winter surge worst hospitalizations and probably 4 weeks until complete US healthcare system collapse

Yeah my wife and I decided we aren't even gonna drive anywhere for 2 months unless necessary

Bad time to have an injury of any type. Be careful with your kitchen knives.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:getin: I run a border collie/pit/boxer/abunchofothershit mix who is currently training an australian cattle dog with me because she's almost 10. nothing fucks with her. In six months, nothing will gently caress with either of them. the acd pup already moves my entire flock of adults and she's 12 weeks old, she just gets a little unsure if she should continue all the way around the pen when she comes near me.

What meme are you talking about?

The picture of a paramilitary type LEO in combat gear posing in front of a flock of sheep with his AR-15 at the ready. All herd dogs work through the threat of violence but a dog that decides to start ripping out throats or worrying your lambs and ewes into weight loss on its own is kind of useless. A well trained dog isn't a problem.

I love acds. (I love any herd dog - they're fascinating.) They're a bit intense but you kind of have to be with cattle. Those fuckers would far rather kick you in the head and kill you than move.

I actually like sheep too but we're in a cougar breeding ground. I don't want to watch my profits getting eaten up like some of my friends have. Can't really blame the cougars, I was the one who decided to move into their forest. Christmas trees seem like a better choice. Bit boring to herd though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

blatman posted:

remember that dodging into an enemies attack is often more effective for clearing the danger zone because it extends outwards further than it extends inwards virtually all of the time

basically you gain more relative safety by dodging towards the boss than away from the boss because of how big his big noodly fuckin noodle arms are, also the same for every other boss in the franchise

That's also the key to defense in ninjutsu. I keep telling people to study their scrolls...