Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I think we should take him up on that offer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Notahippie posted:

So we're going from tacitly ignoring the treaties about no weapons in space to openly ignoring them instead? Surely nothing bad can come from that.

I think technically the treaties only specify no WMDs or nuclear weapons tests in space. Giant space lasers or railguns are A-OK!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

shame on an IGA posted:

I think we should take him up on that offer

Unfortunately they'd spend most of their time shooting civilians

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Unfortunately they'd spend most of their time shooting civilians

They'd get shot 5min after starting their 'war' in Kabul so at least it's not all that much time

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

facialimpediment posted:

Going to be time for the skeptics to either suck it the gently caress up or just admit they're antivaxxers.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1428830473715847176?s=19

They REALLY need to accelerate the goddamn EUA for kids though.

Full approval enables doctors to use discretion to prescribe it off‐label.

It doesn’t solve everything, but if you have a bright physician and a kid who’s not that far from the existing cutoff, it may be their ticket to not getting Delta through the long, dark winter.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Taliban, noteably easily overthrown by 5 guys from some random militia.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
I was talking to an OEF vet friend of mine and he kept insisting we could have won if we had just waged war in such a way that broke every rule and murdered scores of people for the slightest reason aka if you even THINK of the Taliban then some bearded SOF guy will break down your door and murder you. He then said that if any foreign force ever tried to occupy the US then he would fight tooth and nail and sacrifice his life to defend this soil no matter what. I wish he could have seen the dissonance.

Anyway probably going shooting with him in a few weeks. c'est la vie.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Androies posted:

I was talking to an OEF vet friend of mine and he kept insisting we could have won if we had just waged war in such a way that broke every rule and murdered scores of people for the slightest reason aka if you even THINK of the Taliban then some bearded SOF guy will break down your door and murder you. He then said that if any foreign force ever tried to occupy the US then he would fight tooth and nail and sacrifice his life to defend this soil no matter what. I wish he could have seen the dissonance.

Say hi to Eddie.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Stultus Maximus posted:

Say hi to Eddie.

literally a drat intel guy.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Defenestrategy posted:

gently caress these dudes.

jesus christ the only response is NSA-triggering expletives

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The Soviets used chemical and biological agents and put entire villages to the sword and they still lost in Afghanistan and left. These fuckers are delusional.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Androies posted:

Sounds like a healthy individual to go shooting with

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Tell him hes right, we could have "won" in Afghanistan by murdering everyone and claiming the land as liebenstraum. :godwin:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Soviets used chemical and biological agents and put entire villages to the sword and they still lost in Afghanistan and left. These fuckers are delusional.

YUP

The world already tried to warcrime their way through Afghanistan. poo poo doesn’t work.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Whoa some good news out of California

quote:

California’s Gig Worker Law Is Unconstitutional, Judge Rules

Last year, more than $200 million was spent on campaigning for a state proposition that ensured workers like Uber and Lyft drivers were considered independent contractors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/20/technology/prop-22-california-ruling.html

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Androies posted:

I wish he could have seen the dissonance.

There is no dissonance. In his mind he's way better than them.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Time Crisis Actor posted:

YUP

The world already tried to warcrime their way through Afghanistan. poo poo doesn’t work.

They literally airdropped booby-trapped teddy bears. You cannot possibly one-up the poo poo the CCCP was pulling in Afghanistan.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

GD_American posted:

They literally airdropped booby-trapped teddy bears. You cannot possibly one-up the poo poo the CCCP was pulling in Afghanistan.

Not without cobalt-salted weapons anyway.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

quote:

A week before, Soviet armor and paratroops had pulled out of the area in Afghanistan's Ningarhar Province. Behind them they left a variety of toys, scattered by a riverbank. Among them: a bright red plastic truck. A 14-year-old Afghan boy made the mistake of grabbing it. It exploded in his hands. It was one of the booby-trapped toys the Soviets are using as weapons in their war against the civilian population of Afghanistan that opposes Soviet occupation.

In this particular instance, the boy was fortunate. The booby-trapped toy was defective. He retained his fingers. Other children have been less fortunate. They have lost hands, or even been killed.

https://www.csmonitor.com/1987/0916/eafgh.html

quote:

Perhaps one of the most cruel and morally offensive Soviet tactics against Afghan children, says the report, is the use of antipersonnel mines constructed to resemble toys. The toy bombs have been disguised as dolls, chewing gum, pens, trucks, combs, and other common objects. When picked up, they explode.

quote:

The Center on War and the Child says that in a struggle for the loyalty of Afghan children, thousands between the ages of 6 and 9 have been transported to the USSR for up to 10 years of study. The purpose of this is to create a cadre capable of leading a future communist Afghanistan.

https://www.nytimes.com/1985/12/10/opinion/soviet-toys-of-death.html

quote:

The report asserts: ''The most horrible type of incident was that caused by the explosion of anti-personnel mines and especially of children's 'toys.' Many witnesses testified that children had been very seriously wounded, having their hands or feet blown off, either by handling booby-trap toys they had picked up along the roadway, or by stepping on them. . . .

''The types of booby-trap toys encountered include those resembling pens, harmonicas, radios or matchboxes, and little bombs shaped like a bird. This type of bomb, consisting of two wings, one flexible and the other rigid, in the shape and colors of a bird, explodes when the flexible wing is touched.

''The Special Rapporteur was also able to obtain a number of photographs, especially those of children between 8 and 15 years of age, with hands or legs blown off, either by handling booby-trap toys or during the explosion of mines.''

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Time Crisis Actor posted:

YUP

It vaguely reminds me of that part in Argo showcasing clips of from newscasts of what "average Americans" thought we should do to the Iranians holding the Embassy staff hostage.

"Just go over an' shoot some of 'em! Let 'em know we mean business!" :downs:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It vaguely reminds me of that part in Argo showcasing clips of from newscasts of what "average Americans" thought we should do to the Iranians holding the Embassy staff hostage.

God I saw that movie when it came out and basically totally forgot about it. I wonder if it's worth going back and watching again in 2021.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Send in the gravy seals.

Drop them on the last inbound plane and leave before they unfuck their palletized gear.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Americans really are a predictable people

This is hosed up but I was gonna give you 4/5 pinocchios because there was no mention of teddy bears lol

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Androies posted:

lol this is how you get Chris Kyle'd. If he has been drinking do not give him a gun.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is hosed up but I was gonna give you 4/5 pinocchios because there was no mention of teddy bears lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Vortex Street posted:

Please do look up Tate Reeves, the guvnah of Mississippi, to round out your list.

e:fb because he’s that smarmy.

I don’t live in Mississippi, but I’ll be damned if I don’t find a new depth of hatred for him every passing week.

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1428469692281368585

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Platystemon posted:

I don’t live in Mississippi, but I’ll be damned if I don’t find a new depth of hatred for him every passing week.

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1428469692281368585

In early 2020, COVID likely had at least 2 months to spread unknown and unchecked in the most densely populated metro area in the county.

Mississippi will still likely have the highest death rate in the country by the end of the year.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Mississippi: making Alabama look good.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1428862191051100160?s=20

It is like a 5-year old's concept of how to win a war

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012

You know if I asked you if I should believe american propaganda pieces about the Soviet Union from the 80's I think I know your answer

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
FDA seeing the CPSC and wanting to get in on the Good Tweets

https://twitter.com/US_FDA/status/1429050070243192839?s=19

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

FDA seeing the CPSC and wanting to get in on the Good Tweets

https://twitter.com/US_FDA/status/1429050070243192839?s=19

I’m being cynical and hyperbolic but part of me expects chuds to adopt horse and cow fursonas now.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

boop the snoot posted:

I’m being cynical and hyperbolic but part of me expects chuds chads to adopt horse and cow fursonas now.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

boop the snoot posted:

I’m being cynical and hyperbolic but part of me expects chuds to adopt horse and cow fursonas now.

"Hur hur, I identify as a horse now, what's the problem?" :smug:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Wingnut Ninja posted:

"Hur hur, I identify as a horse now, what's the problem?" :smug:

I thought we had to respect everyone's chosen identity so much for the tolerant left :smug:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Buying a horse cock dildo to own the libs.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1429156850499350534?s=19

I always wonder what line-level prosecutors think when they have to deal with SovCit nonsense for the first time in court.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
British vax center got attacked by a mob today, apparently?
https://twitter.com/Marsh4LL1/status/1429117214704209921?s=20

Unrelated, the MN GOP has been rocked by scandals in the last couple of weeks after a major donor and close friend of the state party chair was arrested for child sex trafficking, along with the president of one of the local university's GOP student groups. Carnahan, the chair, was finally pushed out the door this week after the depth of her relationship with him got public scrutiny and her allies turned their knives on her by releasing surreptitiously recorded audio of her being an awful person. They gave her a $40k severance package, though.
https://twitter.com/RWPUSA/status/1426916350207873030?s=20

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Getting diverted to slowbelling around the west coast since the China situation is just getting worse. Ningbo is still closed and cargo is being diverted to Shanghai which is now experiencing long delays.

Do your Christmas shopping now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cugel the Clever posted:

Unrelated, the MN GOP has been rocked by scandals in the last couple of weeks after a major donor and close friend of the state party chair was arrested for child sex trafficking, along with the president of one of the local university's GOP student groups. Carnahan, the chair, was finally pushed out the door this week after the depth of her relationship with him got public scrutiny and her allies turned their knives on her by releasing surreptitiously recorded audio of her being an awful person. They gave her a $40k severance package, though.
https://twitter.com/RWPUSA/status/1426916350207873030?s=20