Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

speaking of. here they are giving up already.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WFSBnews/status/1429163279792803844

hope your ready!

Lol I have a gas stove and 2 months worth of calories in beans and rice, let the games begin imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

500excf type r posted:

Lol I have a gas stove and 2 months worth of calories in beans and rice, let the games begin imo

a CSPAM success story

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im designing a small stove top powerplant for gas ranges. plug into this kettle to charge your phone

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Is this hurricane going to hit NYC or not

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Real hurthling! posted:

im designing a small stove top powerplant for gas ranges. plug into this kettle to charge your phone

i have one of those that works with a wood burning tiny stove, so it could absolutely be rigged up to a gas flame

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SpaceCadetBob posted:

speaking of. here they are giving up already.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WFSBnews/status/1429163279792803844

hope your ready!

http://dynavap.com

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mine has 5g and takes stealth nudes with ir cameras please visit my vc investor portal

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

that 69% was just invented because everyone is so horny

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Is this hurricane going to hit NYC or not
Looking less likely

https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/1429180349645565957?s=20

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

lol on behalf of my relatives who are planning a CT beach wedding in one week

we were already a "no" on account of it being a plague wedding but making it a natural disaster wedding as well is a nice touch

slippery doc has issued a correction as of 21:58 on Aug 21, 2021

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Was Sandy the one where some hipster streamed his basement apartment flooding including the pivotal moment where his girlfriend realized the tobacco hadn't been saved? LOL

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

yes

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
poo poo that reminds me I need to hit the liquor store before tomorrow but I'm at the dropkick and rancid concert in Worcester tonight

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Planet X posted:

Was Sandy the one where some hipster streamed his basement apartment flooding including the pivotal moment where his girlfriend realized the tobacco hadn't been saved? LOL

lmao

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Sandy was the one where all the toilets started overflowing and up came live rats along with dead rats and all manner of fecal spray and it was basically the worst thing you could imagine.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

New Yorkers are absolutely certain they live in the greatest city that has ever been. they feel personally slighted by any implication that it might not be, and they’d put you on probation if they could for having the temerity. I
was in the last neighborhood to get power after Sandy and people yelled for complaining and not loving New York enough

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

New York sucks but I dunno where else to live so

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

one time i met someone who worked at the new yorker and she agreed with me that people who live in new york are big assholes about how they act like it's the only place in the universe

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

did a double take on this because I 100% thought the storm path said LOLLL

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1429282429039226887

Seems fine and totally normal.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Oh lawd charge your power banks

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

I love how this just happens at random and is considered normal now

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
drat, Waverly is a cool town

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

drat, that is loving nuts, I live in Nashville proper and it has just been sprinkling a bit, maybe a shower here and there over the last 24 hours

makes me wonder how brazen insurance companies are going to get about not paying out once this just starts happening all the time

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Stupid hurricane is drifting too far east to hit Manhattan, but not far enough to hit Boston.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/NYScanner/status/1429297284022472713?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Even in that they still drive like assholes lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Even in that they still drive like assholes lmao

only in new yaaawwwk baby!! only in new yawk

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/StarTribune/status/1429313381786210313

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

10 dead, 40 missing. Prob no big deal.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2021/08/21/middle-tennessee-nashville-weather-water-rescues-and-flooding/8227162002/

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Moot .1415926535 has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Aug 22, 2021

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Nix Panicus posted:

Stupid hurricane is drifting too far east to hit Manhattan, but not far enough to hit Boston.

yea that drifted a ton overnight.

if this storm spares western CT/NY I want full credit because it will be due to the fact that I spent half the day yesterday on my roof cleaning gutters and caulking small cracks for the first time in like 8 years.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/nwsnewyorkny/status/1429407576551165954?s=21

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Egg Moron posted:

drat, that is loving nuts, I live in Nashville proper and it has just been sprinkling a bit, maybe a shower here and there over the last 24 hours

makes me wonder how brazen insurance companies are going to get about not paying out once this just starts happening all the time

Nothing new there at all: no standard homowners policy covers flooding, don't have a flood add-on rider? get hosed nub

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

at some point they stop being catastrophic and do become totally normal

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We got like 20 inches of rain in a day in the Chicago burbs when I was a kid and no one died

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

OK baizuo posted:

We got like 20 inches of rain in a day in the Chicago burbs when I was a kid and no one died

Yes, every city in the midwest is designed to only flood in the poor black/hispanic neighborhoods, your experience is not unique.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

OK baizuo posted:

whats geology? whats terrain?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

also, in order to ensure that rich people can live unmolested in their fortresses on the outskirts of every major city in Tennessee, there is no state income tax to ensure that an infrastructure exists

this state has the most piss poor roads I have ever seen and I have lived in loving florida

every part of nashville has this completely haphazard thrown together feel, like they just let developers do what they have got to do to squeeze every dollar out of every property with no focus on aesthetics or community

just a dogshit state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Community has "comm" in it, ofc they're not interested