Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

Skypie posted:

Is anyone else having trouble coming up with elder graveweed root? All the sudden it's scarce or some idiot merchant wants thousands of gold for an ounce of it. I'm trying to come up with new potions to use on my flesh abominations that use angels as part of the component, and elder graveweed rpot is the only thing that keeps em stable.

I've already enthralled a couple merchants or otherwise used my undead armies to ransack trade routes but I hate wasting time on that stuff
Have you looked into cultivating it for yourself?

All you need is a seed, a severed hand to wrap around it, and a corrupted grave to plant it in. It is a little sensitive to low humidity though, so I recommend misting with blood once a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

what kind of blood do you use? I have an old demonskin bound book of antique heretical rituals and this sounds fimiliar - part of the selection has been defaced so I can't tell if it's human blood, demihuman, whatever.

Side note, I'm going to leave a one star review for NecronomiTom's Crazy Eldritch Tome Restoration, not because they did a bad job, on the contrary, I am well pleased, yes, VERY well pleased with the results but I am a DARK wizard though to the bone

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

You're going to turn into a Power That Be, buddy.

I don't mean that as a good thing. Do that too often, and you can't turn it off. You won't be able to tell a falsehood, you'll always have to keep to the letter of anything you say, and you'll have to talk like a drat Fae (all vague and non-committal) just to have a casual conversation. Then you'll be the one getting Bound by your name and your words instead of doing the binding.

reviving (lol) this post from page 2 to point out that this is a rookie mistake. if all that holds you back from the threshold of ascention to godhood is not being able to lie while speaking in factually true sentences then just lol

you've shed the chains of morality and frail flesh my dude, you can handle this one

also the op was like a transmuter or something, those folks live on undying for that poo poo

e: gotta be fair that you do want to be ready for people trying to summon and bind you before you hit this level; don't wanna judge anyone who's still on their dark journey unto the depths of supreme knowledge and power.

you know you're ready when your thoughts turn to how easily you could turn those summons and pacts to your advantage. if you're not there yet, don't be discouraged! i sometimes wish i could relearn what yet awaits you with a fresh mind for the first time. (seeing it through the mind of a devoured soul is fun but not the same thing imo).

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 21, 2021

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I have been working on the most fiendish spell of all, mass reduce balls, but I need a hair from the one true pig balls. Does anyone know Phuc Yu's location?

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I believe he is on the elemental plane Deez’nyuts, rooting and foraging for acorns.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

reviving (lol) this post from page 2 to point out that this is a rookie mistake. if all that holds you back from the threshold of ascention to godhood is not being able to lie while speaking in factually true sentences then just lol

you've shed the chains of morality and frail flesh my dude, you can handle this one

also the op was like a transmuter or something, those folks live on undying for that poo poo

e: gotta be fair that you do want to be ready for people trying to summon and bind you before you hit this level; don't wanna judge anyone who's still on their dark journey unto the depths of supreme knowledge and power.

you know you're ready when your thoughts turn to how easily you could turn those summons and pacts to your advantage. if you're not there yet, don't be discouraged! i sometimes wish i could relearn what yet awaits you with a fresh mind for the first time. (seeing it through the mind of a devoured soul is fun but not the same thing imo).

Yes, yes, Oh Ancient One. I get it. You made aaaall the right choices back in the day, becoming part of the system instead of learning how to stand outside it and weave it from the shadows. That's how you all did it back then, and, by the Laws, that's how we should all be doing it still.

Have fun being forever entangled with the other Powers.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Skypie posted:

Is anyone else having trouble coming up with elder graveweed root? All the sudden it's scarce or some idiot merchant wants thousands of gold for an ounce of it. I'm trying to come up with new potions to use on my flesh abominations that use angels as part of the component, and elder graveweed rpot is the only thing that keeps em stable.

I've already enthralled a couple merchants or otherwise used my undead armies to ransack trade routes but I hate wasting time on that stuff

Someone, I won't say who, decided to market it as part of a sketchy plague cure and make millions. Unrelated, did you know that it's one of the key ingredients in a mind control potion?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Yes, yes, Oh Ancient One. I get it. You made aaaall the right choices back in the day, becoming part of the system instead of learning how to stand outside it and weave it from the shadows. That's how you all did it back then, and, by the Laws, that's how we should all be doing it still.

Have fun being forever entangled with the other Powers.

not gonna judge someone else's path to divinity, but sooner or later someone's gonna summon you. it's not like i want worshippers. who the gently caress would worship me? these dumbasses i guess.

i guess you haven't encountered any chaotic beings who never (strictly speaking) never lie. it happens; lots of weird poo poo out there and no one's seen it all. even if they call themselves whet phart the omniscient it always turns out they just know, like, a lot.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hodgepodge posted:

not gonna judge someone else's path to divinity, but sooner or later someone's gonna summon you. it's not like i want worshippers. who the gently caress would worship me? these dumbasses i guess.

i guess you haven't encountered any chaotic beings who never (strictly speaking) never lie. it happens; lots of weird poo poo out there and no one's seen it all. even if they call themselves whet phart the omniscient it always turns out they just know, like, a lot.

:ssh:
its not that they never lie, their words reshape reality

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Rutibex posted:

:ssh:
its not that they never lie, their words reshape reality

their objection was being unable to speak a falsehood. like there are whole chaotic ecosystems where this is true for everyone: whatever you say is true. most people don't come back from those, but that's true of your lair amirite?

some people pay other prices for the power to reshape reality to an unlimited degree with a word or thought. as those go, that one is pretty small. half of us are liches older than known civilization and so forth, it's not like we don't think over what we say.

actually i let a paladin die that way back in the day. no geas like conditions involved, i just was really busy and forgot that humans need food.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What sort of dark bard invented boy bands

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Colonel Cancer posted:

What sort of dark bard invented boy bands

mind flayers?

with levels in dark bard?

hmm, yes... it all fits together...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hodgepodge posted:

actually i let a paladin die that way back in the day. no geas like conditions involved, i just was really busy and forgot that humans need food.

oh man tell me about it. stupid mortals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xohIr4wB56E

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Please see this important flowchart about being a Sorcerer:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Sormus posted:

Please see this important flowchart about being a Sorcerer:

This. This is the poo poo we need to get out of here. Imagine not using sorcery for literally any reason.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

sweet geek swag posted:

This. This is the poo poo we need to get out of here. Imagine not using sorcery for literally any reason.

gently caress i barely use any sorcery that hasn't been forbidden and sealed away by idiot sages to prevent other idiots from using it these days

oh no the spell Meteor could bring doom upon you all? why do you think i'm casting this poo poo, moron?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Hey all, uh.. big recall on 'Abyss Orbs' model numbers 666000X, 666333Xplus and 666-666X series, if you've been contacting any elder gods with these abyss orbs PLEASE divest and secure your non-fungible souls immediately. I lost two haunted towers amidst my holiday bogmarche and the local goblins are back to thirsting for rainbows.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

hell astro course posted:

Hey all, uh.. big recall on 'Abyss Orbs' model numbers 666000X, 666333Xplus and 666-666X series, if you've been contacting any elder gods with these abyss orbs PLEASE divest and secure your non-fungible souls immediately. I lost two haunted towers amidst my holiday bogmarche and the local goblins are back to thirsting for rainbows.

unless you're an astral security metathamurgist, this is going to happen; there's just no way to keep up with flood of exploits and sooner or later you're going to find that someone's stolen a lair or a horde of souls from you

you probably know not to key too many traps to your ownership of your lairs. most of the time it's some spell kiddie who doesn't know a portal to the realm of teeth from a carpet and you can just stroll back in and reclaim your stuff.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

the local goblins are back to thirsting for rainbows.

You mean they've started to appreciate the simple beauty of unspoiled nature or that the orbs release chemicals that turn goblins gay?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Oh no, some devilishly handsome sorcerer has turned all the lust bums in the kingdom into blast bums in an explosive act of magery and legerdemain

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Sormus posted:

You mean they've started to appreciate the simple beauty of unspoiled nature or that the orbs release chemicals that turn goblins gay?

no i mean they're eating the colours again

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

no i mean they're eating the colours again

gave an enchanted robe dyed with an ancient gold dragon's blood to some goblins to wash one. never again. it was an intimidating bright red with gold highlights. it anyone wants a really boring gray robe enchanted with major intelligence and resistance to fire and good let me know, i'll let it go cheap.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
hmu, I’m working on a process that will allow me to extract the color from anything and place it onto another object.

I mean anything. You ever seen the color of a minotaur’s despair? Or a master bard’s voice?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

secular woods sex posted:

hmu, I’m working on a process that will allow me to extract the color from anything and place it onto another object.

I mean anything. You ever seen the color of a minotaur’s despair? Or a master bard’s voice?

i have seen such things, but methods of capturing the colour of a soul's experiences have been elusive. keep us posted. i suspect i'll have to pay a few world's worth of innocent souls to paint my chamber the colour of a paladin's doubt, and it will be worth every last tormented spirit.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hodgepodge posted:

gently caress i barely use any sorcery that hasn't been forbidden and sealed away by idiot sages to prevent other idiots from using it these days

oh no the spell Meteor could bring doom upon you all? why do you think i'm casting this poo poo, moron?

forbidden spells are overrated. what possible reason could i ever have to want to open the gate to the ɫ̸̣̅th dimension? do you know how negatively that would impact my lifestyle? you remember that perry bible fellowship comic where the dark priests raise the ancient demon lord but then he spends all his time watching anime and getting fat? that's my kind of sorcery. Lazy Magic.

zone of pure air. now THAT is a spell for the 21st century my friend.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Fur20 posted:

forbidden spells are overrated. what possible reason could i ever have to want to open the gate to the ɫ̸̣̅th dimension? do you know how negatively that would impact my lifestyle? you remember that perry bible fellowship comic where the dark priests raise the ancient demon lord but then he spends all his time watching anime and getting fat? that's my kind of sorcery. Lazy Magic.

zone of pure air. now THAT is a spell for the 21st century my friend.

I sent you a flatulence demon with an Anti-magic field centered on it. Have fun getting rid of of that without forbidden magic.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
please. everyone knows the truename of any flatulence demon is the sound its fart makes. i don't need magic to beat that just a smartphone

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Fur20 posted:

please. everyone knows the truename of any flatulence demon is the sound its fart makes. i don't need magic to beat that just a smartphone

A standard smartphone is not capable of recording all the otherworldly details of the sound of a flatulence demon's farts. You need a smartphone enchanted to record in the infernal sound ranges. Which won't work in an Anti-magic field.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Fur20 posted:

'b*lph*gor' and you know I ceonsored the dang letter so I don't summon that stinko to myself! You'll have to consult the stars and puzzle the riddle of that asterisk yourself. if you wish to exchange forbidden mandalas for a vowel I won't be selling.

naem
May 29, 2011

Weka posted:

I have been working on the most fiendish spell of all, mass reduce balls, but I need a hair from the one true pig balls. Does anyone know Phuc Yu's location?

enlarge balls is a more evil spell because then they’re always bumpin’ into stuff

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

Fur20 posted:

Sound and smell.

Otherwise you’ll only manage to banish the acoustic portion of the demon.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

secular woods sex posted:

Sound and smell.

Otherwise you’ll only manage to banish the acoustic portion of the demon.

that's fine... one problem at a time

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

How in the 9 hells are none of you getting this? YOU dont do the sorcery, you glamour, charm, threaten, or convince in whatever way you like, some other idiot sorcerer to do the job for you. If the wild magic goes wrong, you might have to think of some other alternative but at least you get to laugh at some fool lighting up like a flash and disintergrating.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Also what is this pansy rear end poo poo about not doing forbidden magic, like that is why i got into dark wizardry in the first place. You dont have the balls to put your soul on the line, get a new soul

smh

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Shinjobi posted:

Anyone got any fun stories of mistaken summoning?

I tried summoning the ultimate evil, but my mother in law showed up! *rimshot*

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Also what is this pansy rear end poo poo about not doing forbidden magic, like that is why i got into dark wizardry in the first place. You dont have the balls to put your soul on the line, get a new soul

smh

I put used souls on the line instead of my own. I mean, I'm already a loving Lich, so I kind of have to.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

Hedge your bets by putting other beings souls on the line.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Here we go, this is what im talkin about

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

naem posted:

enlarge balls is a more evil spell because then they’re always bumpin’ into stuff

Look pal, I respect your work, the look on those druids faces after you taught those squirrels to smoke was priceless, but you're just dead wrong here.

smh

Soon nobody will have the balls for anything, MUHAHAHA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!
i've been around awhile so i've picked up a lot of tricks for getting rid of lair pests. but for some reason it's loving foot fetishists who keep setting up shop and will not seem to stop even if i kill every last one and destroy their souls. don't get me wrong, i trade in the eternal souls of the innocent; i don't care what gets you horny for the most part. lol if you still have a mortal corporal body though.

but what the gently caress is it about lairs, which generally have little in common except being deadly, makes these specific pervs always set up shop? is it the danger? do they want to die? but how do they manage to carve out a niche among the minions and traps to... do whatever the gently caress horny mortals who like a random body part do. i'm far from the only one with this problem as far as i can tell.

i've done all the standard plumbing the depths of cosmic madness stuff and then some here. there is little which is not revealed to me, and yet always more to learn. but i just. don't. get. this.