Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Buff Bagwell now has a podcast about Buff Bagwell

https://twitter.com/RebuildingBuff/status/1427984055170179072

His co-host has another podcast with three followers so it must be a good one!

Just a few minutes in and he sounds completely hosed up

pretty much exactly what I expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

The California to Texas exodus of wealthy has been sizable for the last few years. Its for tax purposes and its not like Austin isnt a good place to live.

I loved that Bryan brought up that maybe it was for financial reasons and Dave's immediate reaction was,"HE ON A TWO MILLION DOLLAR SALARY!" :allears:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
If you've ever wanted to hear Superstar Billy Graham yell the words "VINCE MCMAHON FONDLED MY ARM!" then this is the show for you.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1428499868746670080

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just dropped two new Rudo Wrestling episodes, recapping this week’s AEW Dynamite and previewing the First Dance and next week’s episode of Dynamite!

https://twitter.com/rudowrestling/status/1428746530278690819?s=21

https://twitter.com/rudowrestling/status/1428746804267393031?s=21

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Free preview of the Patreon show is up:
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1428865194919403527

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Hearing that Dave said that Bray Wyatt is coming to AEW on the latest ep? Is that accurate?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
He said that he's probably coming in but it's not definite yet. Negotiations are at the same stage as they were with Malakai Black when Dave first said he was coming in

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He said it in a super offhand way too, like oh yeah Bray Wyatt’s coming but his non-compete isn’t up so he can’t actually sign anything yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well gently caress me, on the Pat Laprade show on WOR from yesterday, Pat mentioned that Matt Lee from 2.0's wife is pregnant and when he got fired from WWE he basically had to find work right away or risk getting kicked out of the country.

I wonder if it's worse if WWE did this because they don't give a poo poo, or because they figured he'd be desperate enough to accept a low(er)ball offer to get hired back at less than he was making before?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Well gently caress me, on the Pat Laprade show on WOR from yesterday, Pat mentioned that Matt Lee from 2.0's wife is pregnant and when he got fired from WWE he basically had to find work right away or risk getting kicked out of the country.

I wonder if it's worse if WWE did this because they don't give a poo poo, or because they figured he'd be desperate enough to accept a low(er)ball offer to get hired back at less than he was making before?
They were already in NXT, they couldn't have been making THAT much money to begin with

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

They were already in NXT, they couldn't have been making THAT much money to begin with

Vince: How much are they making?
HHH: Not much.
Vince: That's too much! :mad:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
WWE is Peter Parker at the beginning of the movie.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Aren’t you still earning mid-five figures in NXT right up until you’re considered a main eventer there?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I believe when the base NXT salaries were talked about, people were making like 25-30K. I assume that number goes up when you get on TV, but it was very low.

And when you think that the people in OVW were getting even less a decade before, or even paying to be there...poo poo's hosed.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

GoutPatrol posted:

I believe when the base NXT salaries were talked about, people were making like 25-30K. I assume that number goes up when you get on TV, but it was very low.

And when you think that the people in OVW were getting even less a decade before, or even paying to be there...poo poo's hosed.

Isn't that part of the Myth Of Bryan Danielson that when he got fired (For whatever reason) he's like "okay." because he could make more money in Japan and on the Indies? and because he didn't care it was one of those wierd vinceisms where This Guy Doesn't Need Us Goddamnit So We Gotta Have Him?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bryan bumping into kiddie pools killed me

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

algebra testes posted:

Isn't that part of the Myth Of Bryan Danielson that when he got fired (For whatever reason) he's like "okay." because he could make more money in Japan and on the Indies? and because he didn't care it was one of those wierd vinceisms where This Guy Doesn't Need Us Goddamnit So We Gotta Have Him?

Oh, Bryan talks about that in his book. Bryan's just completely blunt with "Yeah, I'll make more money elsewhere" and Vince and Johnny Ace are stunned. Vince probably did that stunned swallowing thing and Johnny couldn't conceive of a wrestler able to be highly sought after because it never happened to him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

jesus WEP posted:

Aren’t you still earning mid-five figures in NXT right up until you’re considered a main eventer there?

I am not sure but a few months ago Meltzer did say the guys who were lifers like Cole and Gargano were making roughly what midcarders on the main roster make, and that Finn was making way more, and everyone else was not doing too well.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, Bryan talks about that in his book. Bryan's just completely blunt with "Yeah, I'll make more money elsewhere" and Vince and Johnny Ace are stunned. Vince probably did that stunned swallowing thing and Johnny couldn't conceive of a wrestler able to be highly sought after because it never happened to him.

lmao

I also google what got him fired and forgot the whole ~tie~ debacle.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

I mean, I can certainly think of one person who would seek out Johnny Ace but she died in 2018

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

algebra testes posted:

lmao

i 100% want danielson to debut by finishing the loving job and choking out roberts to kick off a monster heel run

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1429129578530807816

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

diarrhea from eating a Crazy Calzony would be less painful than sitting through a three hour Raw

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Bryan Alvarez on WOR "You know how many times I've taken a bump into a kiddie pool?...Every time."

Just the best response.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

sacrilicious

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

algebra testes posted:

lmao

Man the nexus started out so cool.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dropped a video talking about Punk's debut in AEW. There's a lot to unpack!

https://twitter.com/RudoWrestling/status/1429827856415084547?s=19

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1429905006304514080

the gold boat is coming :unsmith:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

the gold boat is coming :unsmith:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Orange Carlisle posted:

Just a few minutes in and he sounds completely hosed up

pretty much exactly what I expected

if you've ever wanted to re-create the experience of listening to a burned out meth addict ramble at you outside a West Virginia Go-Mart at 3 AM....this is the podcast for you brother

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

if you've ever wanted to re-create the experience of listening to a burned out meth addict ramble at you outside a West Virginia Go-Mart at 3 AM....this is the podcast for you brother

I made it 5 minutes in. It’s incredibly depressing.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol over a million people have seen Bix get owned by C.M. Punk for having bad tech

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

fez_machine posted:

lol over a million people have seen Bix get owned by C.M. Punk for having bad tech

Now everyone knows he works with a Tandy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Latest WOR is up. 1 hour and 19 minutes long. The Raw report starts at the 1 hour and 9 minute mark :laugh:

Edit: I was mistaken, 1 hour and 9 seconds mark.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 24, 2021

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
"I wish I was going [to PWG], but I am not going because my job requires me to watch Extreme Rules" - Dave

Poor Dave

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bix is Reveling in the Excitement of Tandy

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave should just wind down to semi retirement. Start going to poo poo he normally wouldn't, stop wasting so much time on garbage.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The podcasts are so much better when they're reviewing stuff they like anyway. Do that and stop killing yourselves with actually watching WWE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dango Bango posted:

The podcasts are so much better when they're reviewing stuff they like anyway. Do that and stop killing yourselves with actually watching WWE.

False

The retro Nitro reviews peaked when they became unwatchably bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

There's already a loophole Dave - Vince doesn't do "wrestling". Just move on!

I wonder how many WWE fans actually pay for and listen to WOR at this point anyways.