Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Hollismason posted:

I wouldn't mind knowing more about the humira study since I'm on it.

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/what-tell-immunocompromised-patients-about-covid-19-vaccines
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...t-idUSKBN2BZ2H1

I can't seem to find the specific studies I looked at a few months ago but hopefully this will get you pointed in the right direction (second article has a link to a study). At least Humira seems to be a bit less severe than some others. I was on Cimzia for my first two doses but I'm on Humira now and just got my third. I've heard advice from either the Arthritis Foundation or another big group that says to treat yourself like you're not vaccinated so that's what I've been doing. Wear my respirator to go to the store every three weeks but other than that I stay at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

God drat we need this energy on social media.

Rallies every weekend please.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Glumwheels posted:

I’ve either crack pinged or I’m a sick bastard watching this on awe and morbid curiosity for what happens when/if it does.

It's going to be a nothingburger. Nothing happens. Lots of people die. I saved you two boring weeks.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

nomad2020 posted:

He updated the post. So it's not 14k 'new' cases, it's 4k new, and 10k previously unreported being added in.

https://twitter.com/AndrewRomano/status/1429243496456593408

but still, 10k more people have covid than we thought

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

"if it doesn't work you'll be the first to know"

lmao

he's gonna win 2024

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
re: the future of the disease — i've been trying to read everything i can about the "russian flu of 1889-1890 was actually OC43" and honestly, it's striking, right down to long covid.

https://www.economist.com/science-and-technology/2021/04/29/researchers-are-closing-in-on-long-covid

quote:

IN THE 1890s one of the biggest pandemics in history, known at the time as “Russian flu”, swept the world. It left 1m people dead. Russian flu is now thought to have been misnamed. It was probably not influenza, but rather a coronavirus ancestral to one that now just causes symptoms described by sufferers as “a cold”. When it was new, however, few people had immunity to it, so it was often lethal. And not only that. For, as the pandemic receded, it left in its wake a wave of nervous disorders...One common symptom was lethargy so bad that in Tanganyika (modern-day Tanzania) it helped cause a famine because so many people were too debilitated to pick the harvest.

the upside is i guess is that after killing millions and debilitating tens of millions more it is now 'just the common cold' just in time for us to have another one :unsmith:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
MAGA spreader event

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
(that is a bleak joke)

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Helith posted:

lol he's aware that if they all die there's no one to vote for him in 2024

he's proud thaht he was the president when they were developed and approved and takes it personally that his fans don't like it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PerniciousKnid posted:

My resting rate is 111 so if I get COVID I'll post an update.

Holy poo poo dude please work out.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
i've got (chud) family in that thread-infamous green county in florida so i looked into it... it's only been green bc they report weekly and the covidactnow app got confused by that

yes they have >40% test positivity and <40% vaccination, why do you ask

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

As Jerry Langgood opened gifts from his girlfriend on his 50th birthday last month, the last box he contained a special four-word message:

You’re going to Pittsburgh.

Mr. Langgood’s girlfriend, Kathy Kidder, surprised him with a pair of 50-yard-line tickets for Saturday night’s preseason game against the Detroit Lions — the Steelers’ only home game of the 2021 preseason and the first game at Heinz Field with fans allowed in at full capacity since 2019.

The couple are from Detroit, but they weren’t here to see the Lions. Mr. Langgood is a lifelong Steelers fan who had never before been to Heinz Field. Before the game, the pair sat outside their car in a parking lot, taking in the sights and sounds of the first Steelers tailgate in almost two years.

“It’s awesome,” Mr. Langgood said. “It’s great to see everybody out here. Plus, we’re in Pittsburgh and I get to see my team.”

Fans flocked from all over to the parking lots surrounding Heinz Field to eat, drink and party for hours before the game’s 7 p.m. kickoff. Some tossed a football around, while others played cornhole.

Somerset native Bryce Mostoller, 24, said the environment on Saturday night provided an indicator that life was slowly starting to return to normal after the COVID-19 pandemic prevented fans from gathering to tailgate last season.

“I took a Snapchat video of myself earlier and sent it to all my buddies and I said, ‘Life is starting to come back to normal.’ It feels great,” Mr. Mostoller said. “I showed them the stadium and it was like, ‘Yeah, we’re back.’”

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

PerniciousKnid posted:

Lmao what, that's nearly double mine.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
For anyone confused about when new zealanders are allowed to leave their homes during level 4 lockdown
https://twitter.com/Jeph1984/status/1429258344645095427?s=19

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
he realized he hosed up as it came out, too

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

slinkimalinki posted:

For anyone confused about when new zealanders are allowed to leave their homes during level 4 lockdown

somebody subtitle this because I can’t understand a drat thing this is like that translator bit in Hot Fuzz

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

slinkimalinki posted:

:lol: is the signer's facial expression part of a sign or a reaction to what he said?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Petey posted:

re: the future of the disease — i've been trying to read everything i can about the "russian flu of 1889-1890 was actually OC43" and honestly, it's striking, right down to long covid.

https://www.economist.com/science-and-technology/2021/04/29/researchers-are-closing-in-on-long-covid

the upside is i guess is that after killing millions and debilitating tens of millions more it is now 'just the common cold' just in time for us to have another one :unsmith:

here's another good read https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7252012/

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Petey posted:

I mean post viral fatigue is a well known thing. Whether or not that means we've not done enough research into the mechanisms is another matter.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Koirhor posted:

seriously did any goon contracting covid keep track
of what their healthy resting heart rate was and what it was during covid infection? genuinely curious.

fiz might have?

afaik i have not had it — who knows what my awful cold was in march 2020 — and have only had my heart tracker contemporaneous w/ my vaccine

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

slinkimalinki posted:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
how long til states realize reporting every 8 days will make the 7 day avg look better

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

lmao

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm already scrolling as hard as I can.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

how can he be so "tuned in" and online and yet so loving stupid and wrong oh my god

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
why would I want a resting heart rate in the 60s when I could be obscenely unhealthy and run my heart into the ground in half the time? Who wants to live that long?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
oh vaxxed people are being more careful

oh vaxxed people are dying less

let my brain reconcile this… vax makes you immune!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I just checked and mine is like 85.

not great not terrible.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
my resting heart rate was like 85 even when I was doing track and field and working out all the time. it's probably something horrific now tho

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Tzen posted:

how can he be so "tuned in" and online and yet so loving stupid and wrong oh my god

In 2000, Silver graduated with Honors with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from the University of Chicago

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

PerniciousKnid posted:

have you seen a doctor about this

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I went on a 68 mile bike ride today.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
should've gone an extra mile smh

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Casey Finnigan posted:

my resting heart rate was like 85 even when I was doing track and field and working out all the time. it's probably something horrific now tho

I'm lying down on a heating pad having a back spasm and a mild anxiety attack though so who can say

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Steve Yun posted:

somebody subtitle this because I can’t understand a drat thing this is like that translator bit in Hot Fuzz

"The challenge at higher density areas for people to get outside is to spread their legs when they ah um er..."
-offscreen cackling-

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

PerniciousKnid posted:

Hey fellow Adderall buddy

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hollismason posted:

I wouldn't mind knowing more about the humira study since I'm on it.

you should talk about it at brunch

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My sedentary lifestyle has left me with joints silky smooth like a baby butt. Have fun with your degenerative arthritis nerds! I'll be cruising pain free with my heart transplant in my 50s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Forseti posted:

:lol: is the signer's facial expression part of a sign or a reaction to what he said?

it doesn't look like the terp actually "reacted" to anything he said, so the former