Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

insane wwe fans on twitter really do remind me of the sort of broken-brained trump supporters (probably an overlap) that bragged about how great the economy was doing and how their 401ks and stocks were booming

and speaking of which, i saw some guy bragging about his wwe "stock payments" "doing nicely" lol it's like those dudes that have $100 in crypto and think they're going to become rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I'm a machinist and we have a sort of tooling vending machine with various stuff in it, expensive stuff you don't want just laying around.

There are special tools for things like fiberglass that are diamond coated and the button you press to get them is labeled "diamond cutter."

Even the non wrestling fans joke about not wanting to press that button for fear of Page popping out of nowhere.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Zombie Lemur posted:

I'm a machinist and we have a sort of tooling vending machine with various stuff in it, expensive stuff you don't want just laying around.

There are special tools for things like fiberglass that are diamond coated and the button you press to get them is labeled "diamond cutter."

Even the non wrestling fans joke about not wanting to press that button for fear of Page popping out of nowhere.

Wait for someone to press the diamond cutter button then pop out and yell BANG

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Pinche Rudo posted:

Wait for someone to press the diamond cutter button then pop out and yell BANG

This already happened, unfortunately it didn't happen on my shift so I missed it.

It was a new hire that pressed the button and he was completely bewildered by the entire thing.

I wish they had recorded it or something, because the way the shop is laid out it's pretty hard to see what someone is getting without them seeing you. It just so happened that they knew he'd need that particular tool for what he was doing.

Guy ended up quitting not too long after that, so the Diamond Cutter is still a viable finisher.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hoss Corncave posted:

If Danielson debuts and he's still using a version of Ride of the Valkyries, it's going to amuse me a lot to see similar comments.

Same for if Flair or WALTER were to debut with their themes.

The New World Symphony is a Jim Johnston original.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1429252146734714882

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

other way around, Jefferson Starship is the one that never responded to Tony's calls
Tony said that in reference to why he licensed The Pixies instead of Jane, right?

I looked it up, and Warner Music Group's Rhino Entertainment label acquired the music of Jefferson Starship, Starship, and Hot Tuna in early 2019. My guess is that Tony was unaware of the acquisition and had outdated information, so the band didn't respond because they didn't own the rights anymore. Otherwise it would be super easy for him to license Jane from a major corporation.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Did the match happen

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

coconono posted:

Did the match happen

:lol: no

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/blizzowski/status/1429261313268649990

https://twitter.com/LivLife_WWE/status/1429260420011806724

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/livlife_wwe/status/1429260420011806724?s=21

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WOW

that is some galaxy brain stanning

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
WWE doesn't care about AEW because they're the minor leagues, but also

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Literally "this is fine" except instead of fire it's overflowing toilets.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
https://twitter.com/rwatkins829/status/1429260334582407171

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

No oof big enough.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The best part is that while everyone else is having fun watching a company that doesn't hate their fans these dipshits will continue fighting on the internet for a company that despises them until the end of time - they are owning themselves so hard that nothing could approach it as a defense

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Maybe you guys should just wait and see? I'm sure the beloved champ being squashed in seconds like a chump is going to lead to big things.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Orange Carlisle posted:

The best part is that while everyone else is having fun watching a company that doesn't hate their fans these dipshits will continue fighting on the internet for a company that despises them until the end of time - they are owning themselves so hard that nothing could approach it as a defense

The ones that get me are the people that praise AEW's moves while lamenting the "fact" that they can't watch it because it's not WWE.

It's like, just loving enjoy yourself you weirdo. It's not a job, you can watch whatever you want. You don't punch the metaphorical clock every Monday, go have fun.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Zombie Lemur posted:

The ones that get me are the people that praise AEW's moves while lamenting the "fact" that they can't watch it because it's not WWE.

It's like, just loving enjoy yourself you weirdo. It's not a job, you can watch whatever you want. You don't punch the metaphorical clock every Monday, go have fun.

You know those folks who support really crappy sports teams? Not the folks who cheer for their home team, but the ones who invest a lot of their identity into being a fan and talk about loyalty and being through the bad times and the good? This is the headspace these people have. They've picked their team and until it dies they will never give up.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Wrong thread

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Renaissance Spam posted:

You know those folks who support really crappy sports teams? Not the folks who cheer for their home team, but the ones who invest a lot of their identity into being a fan and talk about loyalty and being through the bad times and the good? This is the headspace these people have. They've picked their team and until it dies they will never give up.

So they’re all Cubs fans. Gross.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zombie Lemur posted:

I'm glad my parents never raised me with anything like 'brand loyalty' because it is clearly brain poison.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Brand loyalty makes even less sense when the brands you're choosing between are both free to watch.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

Brand loyalty makes even less sense when the brands you're choosing between are both free to watch.

But the ratings!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

A talking coyote posted:

So they’re all Cubs fans. Gross.

I wish they knew that much about lucha.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

LOL

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Renaissance Spam posted:

See, I look at WWE as the league more than as a team.

Bad teams aren't generally beholden to the vision of a bad coach or general manager for decades at a time. You can always hope that new management will have a different way of doing things, bring in better players or use the current players better.

I guess this if this a sports team it's like the Leafs under Harold Ballard.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I've seen some early 2000s HHH matches that would highly disagree.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Zombie Lemur posted:

See, I look at WWE as the league more than as a team.

Bad teams aren't generally beholden to the vision of a bad coach or general manager for decades at a time. You can always hope that new management will have a different way of doing things, bring in better players or use the current players better.

I guess this if this a sports team it's like the Leafs under Harold Ballard.

I was going to say it's hard to find a league analogy and then realized Association Football is a thing, and yeah it's like a Premier League fan refusing to watch the Bundesliga because the EPL is the only true place for football or some other crap.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Is Mike Kurtz #AllElite?

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1428158917448814601?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

From fb

quote:

Cm punk coming back sells tickets I get it. Cm punk vs Darby sold it for AEW and fans everywhere. Places don’t act like it’s the same reaction of Brock vs reigns.
Yes I get it punk coming back was hot but that’s it. Punk vs Darby is cute but reigns vs Brock way more compelling story and you know it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I am also a WWE Homer that’s what we shareholders call ourselves

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I don't see how Brock coming back can be this super compelling moment when it's been done a bunch of times already.

Similar story beats each time too, no?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
am I loving high or did this dude call Becky Lynch a bonafide legend and a mark in the same tweet

https://twitter.com/Bonekrusher5/status/1429309029986312195

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1429287340325888003

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the last two tweets don't make any goddamn sense and that's what i want to see more of

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I realize I shouldn't assume these people have any sense or are operating in remotely good faith but "Tony Kahn wouldn't have a black champ"? Did they forget that Nyla Rose held the belt? Like for a while?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

VideoWitch posted:

I realize I shouldn't assume these people have any sense or are operating in remotely good faith but "Tony Kahn wouldn't have a black champ"? Did they forget that Nyla Rose held the belt? Like for a while?

Or that Scorpio Sky was one half of the inaugural tag team champions