Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I lied, the copy of Double Dragon was messed up, so now we have to watch Theodore Rex:

I'm so, so sorry. So sorry.

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
lol those shoes

BoldFrankensteinMir

Oh man that was awful. Phew.

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

COUPONS AND DEALS

which is to say, thanks for stopping by!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
HE'S A DINOSAUR

Prof. Crocodile

Leraika posted:

HE'S A DINOSAUR

wait stop. hold on. Theodore Rex was a dinosaur? they must have really underplayed that angle, because it slipped right by me.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I watched the Best of the Worst about Theodore Rex (partially at least):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4pJL1eAh00

And while they made some good points and jokes, nothing about David Tattersall being cinematographer for both Theodore Rex and the Star Wars prequel trilogy! And nothing about Whoopi Goldberg's 2 million dollar raise, it's like they did no background research at all. Very disappointed, RLM.

I heard people talk about other podcasts/etc that talk about this film, can somebody link them? There's no way we're the first internet movie dorks to notice these threads of info.

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I watched the Best of the Worst about Theodore Rex (partially at least):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4pJL1eAh00

And while they made some good points and jokes, nothing about David Tattersall being cinematographer for both Theodore Rex and the Star Wars prequel trilogy! And nothing about Whoopi Goldberg's 2 million dollar raise, it's like they did no background research at all. Very disappointed, RLM.

I heard people talk about other podcasts/etc that talk about this film, can somebody link them? There's no way we're the first internet movie dorks to notice these threads of info.

this is the big one; https://www.earwolf.com/episode/theodore-rex-live/

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I just want you all to know that I forced everyone at work to watch the Theodore Rex trailer

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My business is in danger of failing thanks to Theodore Rex

Heather Papps

hello friend

you're welcome
:evilbuddy:

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight! Terry Gilliam's first solo directing job, the lesser known "stepson" to Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Jabberwocky!

Midnight GMT at https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies

Sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Tonight! Terry Gilliam's first solo directing job, the lesser known "stepson" to Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Jabberwocky!

Midnight GMT at https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies

oh snap i have not seen this movie in years and completely forgot about it!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Oh wow, I'll try to make it but look, frankly I have a full kiddie pool in the yard and its hot out, I might be AWOL permanently.
Also
1) Theodore Rex was worth it entirely for Bud Cort going COMPLETELY off the charts into madness
2) I binged Popee the Performer thank you for putting it in my path

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

How Wonderful! posted:

2) I binged Popee the Performer thank you for putting it in my path

You're very welcome. I really like Popee. I love the only show they ever watch with the dancing space babes.

First day I found Popee, I immediately showed it to my friend and we binged it over discord, lol.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
hijacking to play the good, the bad and the ugly until people show up

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

hijacking to play the good, the bad and the ugly until people show up

nice

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

except its all backwards and hosed up

:ohdear:

BoldFrankensteinMir

Well ferk, Jabberwocky was blocked for some viewers. Uhhhh never mind we're watching Life of Brian!

https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

tonight, we're gonna watch a movie! the theme for this month is "favourites" so if anyone has a super compelling recommendation we can watch it tonight, or i'll pick one in the next couple of hours!

see you there!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Menschen am Sonntag is a beautiful, extraordinarily chill semi-improvisational movie about numerous young Berliners enjoying a day off from 1930. It's also one of the major early Billy Wilder movies before he fled Germany in 1933. It's on YouTube and its really good!!

I don't know if I'll actually be around tonight since we're leaving early tomorrow for an eight hour drive but that's my nomination!

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 18, 2021

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
maybe start with another compilation of 80s or 90s commercials. those were fun saturday

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

maybe start with another compilation of 80s or 90s commercials. those were fun saturday

yeah those were good

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

How Wonderful! posted:

Menschen am Sonntag is a beautiful, extraordinarily chill semi-improvisational movie about numerous young Berliners enjoying a day off from 1930. It's also one of the major early Billy Wilder movies before he fled Germany in 1933. It's on YouTube and its really good!!

I don't know if I'll actually be around tonight since we're leaving early tomorrow for an eight hour drive but that's my nomination!

this plus a short look at the wikipedia page have convinced me! don't worry if you can't make it, but i am sure we will all enjoy

we'll start at 6:30 EDT at https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies with some commercials or other shorts. see you (the you who is reading and who will attend) there!

Heather Papps

hello friend

thanks everyone for stopping by, however long it was!

i love old films because they have a double interest for me, firstly, as the work of art as it is presented, but secondly, as a window into the time it was made. this film was perfect on both fronts in my estimation - the film was interspersed with footage of just normal people doing normal weekend stuff, like taking turns getting spanked by your bros, or getting photographed making silly faces. the characters were so loving normal, i lost my poo poo a little bit at one of the male characters crinkling a straw package then dropping water on it to entertain a woman, something i've done at least a handful of times, something people have been doing as soon as we covered straws in paper. people never change. they gently caress in the wilderness then get embarrassed because their shirt got ripped and everyone knows what happened.

anyways that and the old commercials really set my noggin a joggin about how things were once, how they've changed, and how they're always the same.

a fun time!

Heather Papps

hello friend

tonight! a tasty delight, one of my favourite terrible films of all time.

in my youth this film, blood gnome and the hillary duff master piece raise your voice were the movies some friends and i rented for what became a regular bad movie night.

this movie is about ratz. it's very bad. they tried their best.
join us! tonight, 7 EDT @ https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies, earlier for likely something weird and short. see you!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
:stare:

take the moon

by sebmojo
i think i read the novelization of that lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

take the moon

by sebmojo
or if its just about rats eating people maybe thats been done a lot

Manifisto

the tagline "hide the cheese" is giving me some problems

like, if the problem is these rodentz eating people, probably the cheese is exactly what you want them to be eating as a distraction

if they are close enough to you to notice the cheese, they are also close enough to you to start eating you. hiding the cheese is just going to make matters worse.

ty nesamdoom!

take the moon

by sebmojo
maybe the cheese makes them stronger

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Heather Papps

hello friend

if memory serves cheese plays no role whatsoever in the movie

Heather Papps

hello friend

also the cover is a million times more frightening then the actual film

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
slathering myself with cheese to hide from the rodents...

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

slathering myself with cheese to hide from the rodents...

smart. rodents' system of vision is based on movement, just like a t-rex.

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

one hour of 80s commercials starting at 6pm for the early birds/people who drink early because they have to work sunday and/or the sharks in their moats drink to heavily

Heather Papps

hello friend

Luvcow posted:

one hour of 80s commercials starting at 6pm for the early birds/people who drink early because they have to work sunday and/or the sharks in their moats drink to heavily

oh poo poo i'm there

biosterous

in the early 2000s cirque du soleil had a tv show, and it seems to be all on youtube here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMiDfHqflfoTqSKUQ-Bw1LjESSu-oM_fk

imo could be a good addition to something else, each one's 45min or so

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

in the early 2000s cirque du soleil had a tv show, and it seems to be all on youtube here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMiDfHqflfoTqSKUQ-Bw1LjESSu-oM_fk

imo could be a good addition to something else, each one's 45min or so

hell yes thank you!

also, rodentz was a blast, thanks everyone for stopping by! next wednesday BFM should be back around but as this month's theme is fun and not incredibly heavy favourites we're still looking for recommendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
The Adventures of Mark Twain would be fun (I think I recommended it before). I'm not clear if the switch to cytube means that we can recommend stuff that isn't on youtube. If so: Clue.