Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
We just want to show Mars that he really can make it :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Mars doesn’t have any damage type weaknesses, if I remember correctly.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Look I'm not very good at deck building OK?

I'm one of those people that needs a guide that says "Do X, Y and Z to a deck to do this; here are some examples: A B C. Now you are in Urban Nightmare here are X Y and Z that are good, here are more examples: A2 B2 C2."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

man the whole Uninvited Guest Boss Rush is like the developers made some kind of solemn oath to make the player as miserable as possible

every fight i'm just like man I don't wanna deal with this fuckin thing.

e: it doesn't even have the decency to give me a rad song to listen to as i get drowned in 500 powercreeped dice

e2: okay it's not actually THAT bad, it just frontloads the difficulty super hard for some reason

the whole arbitrarily limiting your pages until you reach some random checkpoint thing is still weird and bad though

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 20, 2021

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Holy gently caress I did it. I cleared Urban Nightmare.

More or less just using Hod and Bleed.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GilliamYaeger posted:

Why the hell are you still using Mars?! He became irrelevant as soon as you got Walter! You should be using Emma (with Puppet append gains +3 power on 3-cost blunt pages like Repressed Flesh, +2 on other blunt rolls), Yujin (+1 power on all rolls and extremely powerful resource regeneration, this tier can spam Faint Memories - append Walter and Sweeper to gain +2 to defensive dice so Faint Memories can dodge better - and next tier gains infinite light thanks to Fervid Emotions or Rapid Slashes/Clone cheese) and Bamboo Hatted Kim (obtained from general reception, with Sayo append gains +3 power on all slash pages, +5 power on single hit slash pages) at this point!

actually, Mars is an ODA page and thus has no weaknesses which makes him pretty much viable into Star of the City. :eng101:

Yinlock posted:

e: it doesn't even have the decency to give me a rad song to listen to as i get drowned in 500 powercreeped dice

shut your drat mouth those fights have awesome music

Yinlock posted:

the whole arbitrarily limiting your pages until you reach some random checkpoint thing is still weird and bad though

It was originally made so that using a key page meant you couldn't use it again until you finished the other 9 fights. :v:

I went over why I think it ended up being such a mess a couple of pages back, and I stand by the idea that it's a cool concept but they really needed to go back to the drawing board.

Gridlocked posted:

Look I'm not very good at deck building OK?

I'm one of those people that needs a guide that says "Do X, Y and Z to a deck to do this; here are some examples: A B C. Now you are in Urban Nightmare here are X Y and Z that are good, here are more examples: A2 B2 C2."

It becomes pretty simple after you finish Proselytes, you can basically just go Will of the Prescript, 1 light regen + 1 more for every 3+ cost (IE minimum 2 because of WotP) card you use, another card draw card or two, then putting whatever looks good as long as it doesn't blatantly have anti-synergy.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 20, 2021

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Acerbatus posted:

It becomes pretty simple after you finish Proselytes, you can basically just go Will of the Prescript, 1 light regen + 1 more for every 3+ cost (IE minimum 2 because of WotP) card you use, another card draw card or two, then putting whatever looks good as long as it doesn't blatantly have anti-synergy.

See that's kinda dull. I'm trying to make everyone unique (within reason for power creep)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gridlocked posted:

See that's kinda dull. I'm trying to make everyone unique (within reason for power creep)

I think there's a conflict between "I want to make everyone unique" and "I can't deckbuild" :v:

Go ahead and experiment though, a lot of stuff works even if it isn't the strongest possible build. There is a serious lack of card draw options in the game especially early, however.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Acerbatus posted:

I think there's a conflict between "I want to make everyone unique" and "I can't deckbuild" :v:

Go ahead and experiment though, a lot of stuff works even if it isn't the strongest possible build. There is a serious lack of card draw options in the game especially early, however.

Why can't I be both?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

It was originally made so that using a key page meant you couldn't use it again until you finished the other 9 fights. :v:

I went over why I think it ended up being such a mess a couple of pages back, and I stand by the idea that it's a cool concept but they really needed to go back to the drawing board.

Wow, that sounds transcendentally bad. Even with 4 floor intervals i'm netdecking because gently caress That.

I mean I get what they were going for but uh the game has never actually worked that way in practice

Gridlocked posted:

Star of The City is where your options really start opening up, there's a ton of different strategies available but the bosses do not gently caress around at all and you generally need to laser-focus on their gimmick or weakness.

e: A lot of the same pages are going to be used in every deck though, there's really no way around that.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 20, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
When there's only one draw 3 card in the game, it tends to be incredibly overcentralizing.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TeeQueue posted:

When there's only one draw 3 card in the game, it tends to be incredibly overcentralizing.

There's not even many that draw 2.

Leap
Loss of Senses
Bi An
Brace Up (but not really, 1 card that discards 1 is a net change of 0)
Single-Point Stab (again, kind of)
Reload (yet again, but not really)

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

Gridlocked posted:

Holy gently caress I did it. I cleared Urban Nightmare.

More or less just using Hod and Bleed.

Hod is so great. I just bullied the heck of the Crying Children with me pretty much having full HP and Yujin restoring herself to full 260 HP at the end of it. It's still long and exhausting fight though.

Special mention goes to Look of the Day, a free +2 Power so long as you time when you start a clash.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Acerbatus posted:

Leap
Loss of Senses
Bi An
Brace Up is meant to be used with Olivier's discard deck, in which case it's an extremely powerful flat +2 because the big card you're meant to be using every turn (Impugnatio Ultima) discards your entire hand anyway, which triggers your passives and "on discard" card effects to both restore a ton of light and refill your hand - ideally redrawing Impugnatio in the process so you can use it again next turn. And Brace Up's discard effect happens before you redraw your hand, meaning you get its effect with zero downsides. It's a very good card when used in the proper context.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Acerbatus posted:

Leap
Loss of Senses
Bi An

How dare you forget about Sturdy Defense, the one draw card to rule them all. For shame!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GilliamYaeger posted:

Brace Up is meant to be used with Olivier's discard deck, in which case it's an extremely powerful flat +2 because the big card you're meant to be using every turn (Impugnatio Ultima) discards your entire hand anyway, which triggers your passives and "on discard" card effects to both restore a ton of light and refill your hand - ideally redrawing Impugnatio in the process so you can use it again next turn. And Brace Up's discard effect happens before you redraw your hand, meaning you get its effect with zero downsides. It's a very good card when used in the proper context.

I'm not sure if you're saying that for my benefit or for other people but yeah, I didn't mention detail that for the same reason as allegro.

Arcvasti posted:

How dare you forget about Sturdy Defense, the one draw card to rule them all. For shame!

Oh god damnit I even thought of that one.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Seeking advice for these builds, spoiled for Urban Nightmare:

This one is based around GilliamYaeger's advice about using Yujin.

This one is my basic Emma Puppet build.

This one is using GilliamYaeger's idea but trying to incorporate Singular Strike into the build.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Acerbatus posted:

I'm not sure if you're saying that for my benefit or for other people but yeah, I didn't mention detail that for the same reason as allegro.

Oh god damnit I even thought of that one.
It was for the benefit of others, yeah. I myself completely missed the potential of discard decks until the literal end of the game (on my second playthrough, no less) and I don't want anyone else to make that mistake.

Gridlocked posted:

Seeking advice for these builds, spoiled for Urban Nightmare:

This one is based around GilliamYaeger's advice about using Yujin.

This one is my basic Emma Puppet build.

This one is using GilliamYaeger's idea but trying to incorporate Singular Strike into the build.

You should be using Yujin's personal regeneration card - To Overcome Crisis - instead of blockade/pipe/gigigig. Draw+light regen for 0 cost is incredibly good. I'd swap out Repressed Flesh and Forceful Gesture for Tailoring or Ink Over as well, since Yujin gets light refund on 4 cost pages (even if said 4-costs aren't very good yet) they're way more efficient than 3-cost pages.

If you've beaten the Index you should make your Emma decks Singleton. Will of the Prescript is too good not to use. If a deck isn't specifically abusing some gimmick then it should always be Singleton just because Will of the Prescript is that good. Only after you get cards like Will of the City and Bi An (only available at the endgame) should you stop using Prescript. Wrath of Torment shouldn't be there - you're better off running Red Notes, Undertake Prescript or more Creak imo.

You should be using Bamboo Hatted Kim instead of Valantin if you want to do Singular Strike stuff. Also, only your 0 cost cards will work with singular strike. Nothing else will.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Aug 20, 2021

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I attributed Lyla to Yujin. Her Health Hauler and Corpse Cleanup should help with Yujin's low starting HP. Also, give her Wrath of Torment, it's so drat powerful and Health Hauler will refund it's HP cost since it'll win clash most of the time.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Aug 20, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You'd be better off spamming Wrath of Torment and Faint Memories on Yujin and giving her offensive power passives instead of defensive power.

GilliamYaeger posted:

You should be using Bamboo Hatted Kim instead of Valantin if you want to do Singular Strike stuff. Also, only your 0 cost cards will work with singular strike. Nothing else will.

yeah to be clear it's one non-counter die PERIOD, not one non-counter offensive die.

Gridlocked posted:

Putting aside the misunderstanding with singular strike, To Overcome only works with people other than Yujin if you've been getting wrecked, which is usually not a better strategy then trying to win. Crack of Dawn and Ripple are decent when you first get them, but ultimately overcost for their effectiveness.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Aug 20, 2021

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oooooh I thought the ability was "If there is only 1 attack dice it gets increased power."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

The mid-end-game does kinda turn into The Singleton Show between that and Multislash, though by that point the game is burying you in strong pages so singleton isn't that big an ask unless you're going for a specific strategy like discard

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I attributed Lyla to Yujin. Her Health Hauler and Corpse Cleanup should help with Yujin's low starting HP. Also, give her Wrath of Torment, it's so drat powerful and Health Hauler will refund it's HP cost since it'll win clash most of the time.

Yeah, the Haulers and Corpse Cleanup are insanely useful in basically any scenario(well Corpse is more situational but it helps a lot in group fights or fights that are just big numbers smashing into each-other where someone's gonna die anyway) and getting all the sweeper key pages you can is a must even though it's a pain in the rear end.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 20, 2021

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
For a change of place, try playing Yujin as a handlock engine--3x To Overcome Crisis, 3x Flash of Sunup, 3x Ink Over, with the starting hand size passive from Sayo. Once you hit 4 Light, Yujin can play a +7 Ink Over and To Overcome Crisis every turn, forever (Spend 4 light, gain 1 naturally, 1 from Overcome, 2 from Overbreathing; spend 2 cards, draw 1 naturally, 1 from Overcome). This build is extremely funny and viable deep into the game.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
In honor of the Ruina LP going up, here's my tier list for the Library floors.

GODKILLER TIER
Gebura
hehe red mist go brrr
and mountain of corpses go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Exclusive use of the best keypage in the game, an array of really solid abno pages that synergize perfectly with said keypage, some of the best EGO around, amazing music, and you can sacrifice your party members to Khorne in order to ascend Gebura to Daemon Princehood. What else can I say? It's perfect.

GOD TIER
Yesod (forma The Strongest)
With one single abnormality page (that being Chained Wrath) you can SUMMON THE SPEED LORD. Infinite speed and +5 power on all dice from Red Mist's The Strongest and Myo's Prowess, with an extra +1-3 on blunt dice from Chained Wrath, +3 from Clean, and 2-4 strength from Dark Flame if the fight drags on long enough. That's a minimum of +10 power on a nugget with infinite speed, with a maximum of +15 if you're using a blunt deck (or just Regret/Solemn Lament). And Regret and Solemn Lament are amazing EGO pages. But there is a price to this power - you cannot use Gebura's true power with this setup, functionally locking yourself out of the best floor in the game. But, perhaps, this is worth it? Yesod is certainly more likely to tame the flames of love than Gebura is...
Chesed
Truly incredible abnormality pages, Yujin in particular will thrive here with her near-infinite Light generation. There's just so many borderline-unconditional power boosts that make it really easy to win fights. Also, pretty fantastic EGO pages. Three mass attacks with very beneficial support effects and two powerful single targets. His perfect combination of ease of use and sheer power puts him right at the top here. The biggest tragedy in the game is that you get him at the same time as Gebura, meaning most people just completely skip over him and just use Gebura for the rest of the game and never experience how good he is.
Binah
Binah herself is the most obvious draw of this floor - while her deck could be better, Fairy is an incredible status effect that will absolutely annihilate the health of anything she goes up against. Her Abnormality pages are also pretty good, with a variety of useful effects and a powerful Exodia setup that's much easier to achieve than Tiphereth's, which also makes the hardest fight in the game a fuckton easier if you manage to pull it off. Her Justicia EGO is also really good against bosses and incredibly cheap for an EGO.

GREAT TIER
Hokma
blockma balls. While he takes a VERY long time to come online and reveal his true potential - his ideal setup needing cards from three out of the four final battles of Star of the City (those being 3xOminous Power, 3xSerpentine Barrier, and 3xBi An on PT's keypage) - Hokma is definitely one of the most powerful and reliable floors to use once he's all set up and hits full speed incredibly fast. All you need is Lean, Bloody Wings (which is almost guaranteed to show up on your first abno draw) and away you go.

GOOD TIER
Yesod
Just very solid all around, and gets his realization just in time to perfectly synergize with the era of B O N K in Urban Nightmare. Lots of powerful cards, very good EGO like Regret and Solemn Lament, and Request making farming pages way way faster means that Yesod is a go-to floor for a good chunk of the game. Unfortunately B O N K stops being as good later on when everything starts enduring blunt, but by the time that happens you'll have the top tier floors open, and there's another way to use Yesod's floor...

BASELINE TIER
Malkuth
Malkuth is the absolute baseline for floor quality. Her pages are a mixture of good to mediocre - Happy Memories is good enough to build a character around and functions like a more reliable Lies/Curiosity and a lot of her pages compensate you for playing sloppy or getting hit, though she doesn't have much in the way of straight power boosts. She also synergizes with burn decks very nicely, keeping her at least relevant throughout the entire game as you get a steady stream of good burn support. Her EGO pages are also pretty great, with Fourth Match Flame being one of the most straightforward and powerful EGO mass attack pages, The Forgotten being great to handle troublesome attacks in addition to being dirt cheap for an EGO, and Wingbeat giving you multiple hits with healing. All in all, solid but nothing special and at least usable at any point in the game even as the higher floors powercreep her. Her getting the first Realization makes her pretty valuable in the early game too.
Hod
Hod is a very unique floor - she actually gets notably worse as the game goes on and she unlocks more abnormalities. Especially Laetita, whose pages are all borderline useless and just serve to clog up I and II draws. I say this mostly because of the Red Shoes, which all have incredibly strong effects but require a lot of red coins to draw. As you gain more abnormality pages to fill up your I and II decks, it becomes harder and harder to obtain these powerful effects, with Laetita's useless crap basically ensuring you'll never see Glitter, Axe or Obsession in most fights ever again unless you're losing or deliberately generating red coins. Spider Bud's very good green cards do manage to make up for this a little, but it's still a massive blow to her viability. Her peak is probably in Urban Plague, right when you get Sayo and Jikan. She does obtain a good niche when you hit Realization though - Sanguine Desire turns bleed into Fairy for the turn, resulting in a massive amount of damage if you build the floor heavily towards bleed and time its use right. Activating Sanguine Desire after a turn of Obsession-boosted bleed infliction can often win a fight there and then.

BAD TIER
Tiphereth
The infamous Exodia floor. Her abno pages are middling to poor, but if you get the right ones you functionally win the fight automatically. It's probably not worth the effort though. She also has one of the two worst EGO pages in the game, Blind Rage. Being mediocre is bad enough, but actively harming your party is inexcusable.
Netzach
Just some absolutely horrendous abnormality pages, with pitifully weak effects that are often coupled with crippling downsides. The impressively awful Teardrop is the perfect example of this - a pathetic +1 power in exchange for turning the chosen character into a living bomb that'll halfway kill your entire party if they go down. Compare with Chesed's A Warm Heart, another red II card that gives +1-2 power as long as you aren't light starved, or Power of the Past, again a Chesed red II that increases power by +3-4 in exchange for increasing all costs by 1. Admittedly Spring Genesis is an amazing card that functionally makes you invulnerable, but it requires getting to Emotion 5 with a floor this actively bad. The floor DOES have its uses though, having what is easily the best synergy with a firing squad setup out of the entire Library - Tentacles will almost definitely show up on the second turn and will go a very long way towards making a Full Stop firing squad put out damage after they lose their first turn buffs.
Keter
Oh, Keter. Poor, poor Keter. How did the protagonist's floor end up in such a sad state? Your only draw is the Lies and Curiosity gimmick combo, your abno effects are both weak and unfocused in purpose, your III pages are both completely useless (the only fights where you'd want to make use of them are against enemies explicitly immune to immobilization) and worst of all you don't get a Realization until you BEAT THE loving GAME! At least Netzach gets loving EGO! And even then the rewards are dogshit, with Silent Girl having the least impressive final abno pages in the game and the EGO pages being universally unimpressive (and worst of all including Aspiration, the other worst EGO in the game). And to add insult to injury, Super Roland (the only reason you'd ever want to use this drat floor after you realize that Happy Memories does the whole Lies/Curiosity better) got nerfed into the ground.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 21, 2021

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Netz and Keter come fully online with their best gimmicks a lot earlier in the game, though. Before the emotion coin changes I'd have called Keter by far the strongest floor in UN/early SOTC.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

Binah
Binah herself is the most obvious draw of this floor - while her deck could be better, Fairy is an incredible status effect that will absolutely annihilate the health of anything she goes up against. Her Abnormality pages are also pretty good, with a variety of useful effects and a powerful Exodia setup that's much easier to achieve than Tiphereth's, which also makes the hardest fight in the game a fuckton easier if you manage to pull it off. Her Justicia EGO is also really good against bosses and incredibly cheap for an EGO.

You can't use Binah's floor for the Keter Realisation though? :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Reiterpallasch posted:

Netz and Keter come fully online with their best gimmicks a lot earlier in the game, though. Before the emotion coin changes I'd have called Keter by far the strongest floor in UN/early SOTC.
Eh? What are you talking about? Keter, yeah I can understand that even though I don't think Lies/Curiosity is enough to compensate for no EGO, but Netz only gets Alriune at around the same time Yesod gets his own Realization, getting it from Emma where Yesod gets his from Puppets. And as I said, I don't think Spring's Genesis is enough to make up for how lackluster the rest of the floor is.

ZeroCount posted:

You can't use Binah's floor for the Keter Realisation though? :v:
"Hardest boss," then. :v: Xiao's the only fight other than Ensemble Redux (which only won because of Elena wearing Geb down at the very end after she destroyed the previous two waves) that managed to survive me throwing Mountain of Corpses Gebura at it.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 21, 2021

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

For the record, I think Tiph is like a full tier below every other Floor. Keter and Netz have good earlygame uses. It is never good to use Tiph at all, at any stage in the game.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
We should have Tee beat Xiao with just Exodia Tiph in the new LP.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Theantero posted:

perfect

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
To me, Netzach's selling point is Laughing Powder. It unlocks very early on, is easy to activate and will carry one through all the meatgrinder midgame fights.

It loses steam halfway through SotC, but at that point you are probably sick of it anyway.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

To me, Netzach's selling point is Laughing Powder. It unlocks very early on, is easy to activate and will carry one through all the meatgrinder midgame fights.

It loses steam halfway through SotC, but at that point you are probably sick of it anyway.

I'm not sure why it's a red page, I guess because it requires getting hit??? but it's still ridiculously good even to the endgame

also at the end of the endgame Blue Boy Boss Rush and man what do I even do against BS. +1 str per emotion level is crazy combined with all the dice he has. I guess i'm supposed to stagger him before he snowballs via winning clashes but it's hard to do anything about 7 speed dice with 4 light

*grit voice* i reckon i'll muddle through somehow

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 21, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

I'm not sure why it's a red page, I guess because it requires getting hit??? but it's still ridiculously good even to the endgame

also at the end of the endgame Blue Boy Boss Rush and man what do I even do against BS. +1 str per emotion level is crazy combined with all the dice he has. I guess i'm supposed to stagger him before he snowballs via winning clashes but it's hard to do anything about 7 speed dice with 4 light

*grit voice* i reckon i'll muddle through somehow

Breakdown pages having downsides is one of the many things they kinda forgot about. Nihil has no downside, not even the questionable logic of 'you need to get hit for it to work' of damage reduction or Lament having an additional bonus if you've got a debuff on you. Warm Heart and Timber are like that too.

Also if you want tips I can write out another guide, but if you wanna go at it on your own it's satisfying to do too.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

Breakdown pages having downsides is one of the many things they kinda forgot about. Nihil has no downside, not even the questionable logic of 'you need to get hit for it to work' of damage reduction or Lament having an additional bonus if you've got a debuff on you. Warm Heart and Timber are like that too.

Also if you want tips I can write out another guide, but if you wanna go at it on your own it's satisfying to do too.

Yeah chesed is like the floor of breakdown pages that are just "you become amazing, basically no downside". Courage is also great because if you hit the point where it's disadvantage activates you were probably about to lose anyway.

I netdecked most of the rush because of the dumb page limit so I feel like throwing myself at the brick wall a bit, I just wanted to have a good bitch about it first. ty for the offer though

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah laughing powder is stupidly good and lets you pretty much just grind down any non endgame encounter.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Theantero posted:

I never said you could pick the floor I’m using. :v:

But I will be trying to use everyone some, since I wanna show all the floors off.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Looking back on some of the earlier scenes again, it's very funny to me that Angela crafted a special environment for every Abnormality, one where its needs were perfectly met...and then went 'oh I need to preserve the Agents as well' and just dumped every Lobcorp employee into the Abnormality realms at random, presumably to be tortured indefinitely until you befriend that Abnormality and pull them out.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The only reason to use Tiphereth's floor is for the incredible music

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

ZeroCount posted:

Looking back on some of the earlier scenes again, it's very funny to me that Angela crafted a special environment for every Abnormality, one where its needs were perfectly met...and then went 'oh I need to preserve the Agents as well' and just dumped every Lobcorp employee into the Abnormality realms at random, presumably to be tortured indefinitely until you befriend that Abnormality and pull them out.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the Abnormalities are kind of protecting the employees? I have no idea where this is from and don't know if it's true at all, but that's kind of cute if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the Abnormalities are kind of protecting the employees? I have no idea where this is from and don't know if it's true at all, but that's kind of cute if true.

I believe Angela mentions something along the lines of the employees being 'trapped under the Abnormality's spell' in the Bloodbath preamble. A statement that could mean a lot of things, I suppose, though it makes me think of the hypnotised employees you can see in the Singing Machine or Blue Star fight. Maybe that's why there are three Scarecrows or two Shy Looks in their respective fights. Maybe that's why the 'Bloodbath' you fight is a humanoid figure while the actual Bloodbath is the stage.

I can't go check right now though because, bizarrely, I think the Bloodbath preamble might be the only conversation that you can't find in the Credenza. It's not tied to any main story event and it's *before* an Abnormality fight, not after, so it doesn't count as a Patron Librarian story either.

ZeroCount fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 22, 2021