Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Delayed to March

https://twitter.com/2K/status/1429245989991325696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Entrances have been the only thing the games have done well for a decade, so of course this is mostly entrances and 3? old captured moves from games a decade ago.

This game's never coming out.

Oh, and they're done talking about it til January.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 22, 2021

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The trailer has no gameplay footage, lol

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
There's a guy online who broke a lot of news about the last game being built on the wii u version from years ago, and he's claiming the releases are part but not all of the reason for the delay.

So there's probably a story mode with Bryan and the Fiend that all got trashed literally weeks before the game was sponsoring a pay per view.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

God that is going to be the worst roster in forever.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

I know it's because I'm not watching so these people mean very little to me now, but does WWE's roster not seem anemic now? Roman Reigns is the one star, and of course there's this aura of failure he has from them wanting him to be as big as John Cena and he's just not. How do they keep up the brand split like this?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

El Generico posted:

I know it's because I'm not watching so these people mean very little to me now, but does WWE's roster not seem anemic now? Roman Reigns is the one star, and of course there's this aura of failure he has from them wanting him to be as big as John Cena and he's just not. How do they keep up the brand split like this?

LEGENDS! LOOK OVER HERE! LEGENDS! DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE OTHERS! LEGENDS!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Psychepath posted:

Entrances have been the only thing the games have done well for a decade, so of course this is mostly entrances and 3? old captured moves from games a decade ago.

This game's never coming out.

Oh, and they're done talking about it til January.

Imagine firing a guy to save money and then causing your game to miss the holiday sales season. lol...

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

El Generico posted:

Easy! They just have the same 12 people wrestle the same exact matches every single week for 6 straight months.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
The best 2k games remain the Attitude Era and Wrestlemania versions. Sick rosters out of the box. Hell even the gameplay was at it’s peak.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

El Generico posted:

They've been having the same 8 people wrestle each other nonstop for like two years. They've got a great roster (still mostly) but only use a small fraction of it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Even through the poo poo times, I love the WWE product and feel. I marked out several times today during Summerslam.

But lately, AEW is doing everything so much better it’s not even a comparison. Roster, storylines, in-ring, the whole package.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is starting to make the rounds https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/games/wrestling/wwe-2k22-delay-details-strained/

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
All Out spoilers 1:14:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Xs3nrQOMg&t=4473s

e. also :lol: Punk vs Darby double countout after one minute

Kennel fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 29, 2021

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I love that Punk vs. Darby ended up being the worst possible thing for All Out. Like, if that actually happened, AEW would collapse immediately.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The cage match vacillated between ridiculous, dramatic, and hilarious. Kind of put the whole lunacy of “get in the cage, escape the cage“ into focus.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

I love that Punk vs. Darby ended up being the worst possible thing for All Out. Like, if that actually happened, AEW would collapse immediately.

"Wrestling for the first time in 7 years-"
"I can tell!"

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm doing that right now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bring that to iz

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

bring that to iz

I was thinking of iz when I made this, ngl.
But I couldn't find a good place for it so I'm gonna wait for the perfect moment.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 1, 2021

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

They're showing off some Jungle Boy in in the AEW game:
https://twitter.com/boy_myth_legend/status/1435397243935285249

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The articulation of the limbs and body movement is incredibly smooth and looks amazingly fluid. They look sort of weightless right now, but it's still early in the process so I assume they're going to tweak that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah a bit rubbery but I like the speed and I like that things look impactful.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Figuring out gameplay from in-game footage is kinda hard - like, how are these moves being performed by the player? Still, it looks fluid and fast, and the models look at least okay, so I am going to be cautiously optimistic.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

We don't really know much yet and haven't seen any actual gameplay. It's in-engine sure, this is what these animations look like but that's about all we can tell from that right now.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I like that they’ve toned down the weird musculature and made it slightly less cartoony than that initial animation with Omega/Jericho

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Shocked Darby would allow himself to be shown in a vulnerable position in the marketing of a video game. Kid just doesn't get it.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Dacap posted:

I like that they’ve toned down the weird musculature and made it slightly less cartoony than that initial animation with Omega/Jericho

Looks like they've found the perfect mid-point between the two. Not too cartoony and not too realistic where it's just uncanny valley monsters.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I’m most curious about the CAW tool for the game as I tend to spend a lot of time doing that in games.

I also really hope we can get DLC for other promotions. It would be so cool to get a NJPW pack or getting some Impact and GCW guys a payday for likeness rights.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Smackdown 3: Redeem Deez Nuts

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

I mean Tazz is a commentator so if you want JBI jank I guess they could do it :v:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
When I see the AEW game I always feel like it's missing some lighting effects that'll really make the style pop and that's something I assume will happen later on.

It certainly seems development is moving slow, but I guess to be fair Yukes had just barely started working on building a new game engine from scratch when AEW came to them to make a deal so there's probably a LOT of backend work that's had to be done the past couple years.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm just happy Jungle Boy's hair doesn't look like a janky mess. That alone puts it ahead of any WWE game in the last decade.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Makes me wonder which show the AEW game is going to name itself after. Rampage should be off the table since that's already the name of a well-known game series and Double or Nothing should be saved for the sequel.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Drakkel posted:

When I see the AEW game I always feel like it's missing some lighting effects that'll really make the style pop and that's something I assume will happen later on.

It certainly seems development is moving slow, but I guess to be fair Yukes had just barely started working on building a new game engine from scratch when AEW came to them to make a deal so there's probably a LOT of backend work that's had to be done the past couple years.

It's pretty clear they're intent on delivering a quality product that harkens back to the days of No Mercy and don't want to rush a half-baked product to market. That they may be able to incorporate a more up-to-date roster as a result with some of the major recent additions is a bonus.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gavok posted:

Makes me wonder which show the AEW game is going to name itself after. Rampage should be off the table since that's already the name of a well-known game series and Double or Nothing should be saved for the sequel.

AEW: Dark Souls. Shouldn't be a problem clearing that.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I like the little freezes when a big move hits. One issue I've always had with the 2k games is that a lot of the moves don't look like they have any power behind them, so I'm glad to see the devs address this. It does look a little weird for some moves like the arm drag, but it looks great for the sitting superkick.

Also I'm getting ahead of myself, but I would love to see some fun match modes/stipulations. I would love to see a Gatoh Move/Choco Pro mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gavok posted:

Dynamite?