Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

has anyone topped Eric Crackl-Ping yet

This is a HIPPO violation

e: my old dumb dog taken on my old dumb webcam decades ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Liver let die

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
buying livers by the dozen at comet pizza

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Smythe posted:

i went to high school w/ her little sister =/

I went to high school with Sarah Chalke. High five mediocre comedy actress schoolmate buddy.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

he needs his third liver transplant?

let some other people get a liver man

No poo poo. Looking to squander this one too. Yah you're gonna be on immune suppressants for a good while after that transplant, with a pandemic raging.

It's not your right to gently caress around with an insanely scarce resource.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

nomad2020 posted:

Would you also be denied a transplant for not getting your other vaccinations?

It's shorthand for "not D.C., the other Washington"
afaik if you refuse a single thing a dr tells you you're off the list, that includes everything from all vaxes to daily pills, iv, weekly testing, weekly testing for rejection and non covid related purposes, lifestyle

like if you catch covid after a transplant you're pretty much guaranteed dead lol

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Details on Pfizer's clinical trial for booster shots - they're currently testing a third dose of the original formula (which must be where that one-month data on the slides came from), a Beta-specific booster, and a lower-dose of the original formula (stretch the vials into more shots for increased profit?):

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728

quote:

Study to Describe the Safety, Tolerability, Immunogenicity, and Efficacy of RNA Vaccine Candidates Against COVID-19 in Healthy Individuals

Brief Summary:
This is a Phase 1/2/3, randomized, placebo-controlled, observer-blind, dose-finding, vaccine candidate-selection, and efficacy study in healthy individuals.

The study consists of 2 parts: Phase 1: to identify preferred vaccine candidate(s) and dose level(s); Phase 2/3: an expanded cohort and efficacy part.

The study will evaluate the safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity of 3 different SARS-CoV-2 RNA vaccine candidates against COVID-19 and the efficacy of 1 candidate:

As a 2-dose (separated by 21 days) schedule;
At various different dose levels in Phase 1;
As a booster;
In 3 age groups (Phase 1: 18 to 55 years of age, 65 to 85 years of age; Phase 2/3: ≥12 years of age [stratified as 12-15, 16-55 or >55 years of age]).
The candidate selected for efficacy evaluation in Phase 2/3 is BNT162b2 at a dose of 30 µg.

Participants who originally received placebo will be offered the opportunity to receive BNT162b2 at defined points as part of the study.

In order to describe the boostability of BNT162, and potential heterologous protection against emerging SARS-CoV-2 VOCs, an additional dose of BNT162b2 at 30 µg will be given to Phase 1 participants approximately 6 to 12 months after their second dose of BNT162b1 or BNT162b2. This will provide an early assessment of the safety of a third dose of BNT162, as well as its immunogenicity.

The assessment of boostability will be further expanded in a subset of Phase 3 participants at selected sites in the US who will receive a third dose of BNT162b2 at 30 µg or a third and potentially a fourth dose of prototype BNT162b2VOC at 30 µg (BNT162b2s01, based upon the South African variant and hereafter referred to as BNT162b2SA). A further subset of Phase 3 participants will receive a third, lower, dose of BNT162b2 at 5 or 10 µg.

To further describe potential homologous and heterologous protection against emerging SARS-CoV-2 VOCs, a new cohort of participants will be enrolled who are COVID-19 vaccine-naïve (ie, BNT162b2-naïve) and have not experienced COVID-19. They will receive BNT162b2SA given as a 2-dose series, separated by 21 days.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

redreader posted:

I went to Colorado from California this weekend and it's night and day. In Santa Clara county, almost everyone wears a mask. In Denver, nobody loving cares. Hotel staff are not wearing masks, nobody downtown is wearing one, the people I met (mostly outside, while I wore my n95 lol), etc etc. I think starbucks staff had masks on but that's it. I asked why and one friend said 'well it was bad but it's been good recently so we don't need masks any more'. I was like, check again dude. He got on google and was quite amazed. Just a top of my head calculation, I think Denver is doing a bit worse (half the new cases with about 1/3rd the population) than SCC is doing. I couldn't get over the snacks in the plane and everyone accepting and eating/drinking. I think most people just think this is not a problem any more and it's all over, and if you've got a vaccine it's not a big deal. I might even be being generous about the 'if you've got a vaccine', I bet they just think it's fine.

I feel like a bit of a nerd in SCC with an n95 but in Denver I felt like a complete turbo-nerd. Maybe the healthiest (?) state in the USA is just covid-proof.

I just canceled going to a dance festival in Denver that is still on for Labor Day weekend. 300 people from all over the country, basically hugging each other in a hotel dancing with each other with no masks on.

they require a vaccine card but lol. super spreader event here they come.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Doctor posted:

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1428740707343294473?s=21

lmao at my province making the Feigl-Ding poo poo list

It's me, the guy reading meaning into a two second clip. She could have beat the gently caress out of him 50% later.

It's the equivalent of the dudes catching Ted Cruz in a "what my badge reads" trap photo. Come on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Doctor posted:

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1428740707343294473?s=21

lmao at my province making the Feigl-Ding poo poo list

So glad I left that poo poo province.

And the correct answer is Vancouver is the Cayman islands of Canada. Just a money laundering hub, corrupt to its core, that happens to also be naturally beautiful.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Fix posted:

It's me, the guy reading meaning into a two second clip. She could have beat the gently caress out of him 50% later.

It's the equivalent of the dudes catching Ted Cruz in a "what my badge reads" trap photo. Come on.

Are you aware that, if you click on that picture, it will take you to several other tweets that contain evidence that the person is an antimasker?

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 22, 2021

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

LionArcher posted:

I just canceled going to a dance festival in Denver that is still on for Labor Day weekend. 300 people from all over the country, basically hugging each other in a hotel dancing with each other with no masks on.

they require a vaccine card but lol. super spreader event here they come.

i have tickets to edc las vegas, i don't think it can be anything but a super spreader. they are INSANELY desperate to not cancel the show because it's the 25th anniversary "party" or something

beyond wonderland socal also has not been cancelled. less than a week.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Are you aware that, if you click on that picture, it will take you to several other tweets that contain evidence that the person is an antimasker?

Of course I'm not. Why would I click on a thing?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ok, the guy is doing a bit. Put a clue to the bit in the first post. That's not asking much.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

redreader posted:

I went to Colorado from California this weekend and it's night and day. In Santa Clara county, almost everyone wears a mask. In Denver, nobody loving cares. Hotel staff are not wearing masks, nobody downtown is wearing one, the people I met (mostly outside, while I wore my n95 lol), etc etc. I think starbucks staff had masks on but that's it. I asked why and one friend said 'well it was bad but it's been good recently so we don't need masks any more'. I was like, check again dude. He got on google and was quite amazed. Just a top of my head calculation, I think Denver is doing a bit worse (half the new cases with about 1/3rd the population) than SCC is doing. I couldn't get over the snacks in the plane and everyone accepting and eating/drinking. I think most people just think this is not a problem any more and it's all over, and if you've got a vaccine it's not a big deal. I might even be being generous about the 'if you've got a vaccine', I bet they just think it's fine.

I feel like a bit of a nerd in SCC with an n95 but in Denver I felt like a complete turbo-nerd. Maybe the healthiest (?) state in the USA is just covid-proof.

Denver is blue MAGA of the west now that the Sanders Siblings have been beaten into the ground two straight elections in a row. Vax up and COVID is over Open Biden. At the hotel restaurant gig I just quit, we had not one, not two, but THREE breakthrough COVID cases amongst the front of house staff and literally two of us wore masks. COVID is now something that only happens in chud states like Florida and the bars and restaurants and ball fields and concert venues are full on suck and gently caress. My lib neighbor was touting our I think 70% vax rate at the time and couldn’t fathom what my point could possibly be when I noted that 30% of the population of Denver is still like 200,000 people. We’re lagging a bit behind everyone else, and we’re dragging about 2-3 weeks behind where I thought we’d be by now, but it’s coming and we’re gonna get creamed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why didn't Antifa and BLM ever rush the police?

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

lmao the reddit noNewNormal subreddit hit like 100k subs and got quarantined and their discord shut down.

the ivermectin boosting there is insane

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

a time traveling soldier that arrives in our time to get his 69th moderna booster

his name? max titor

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

real talk - can anybody from booster gang give me the run down of what the moderna booster was like. im considering getting one ahead of the official drop and want to know what i should expect re: symptoms. i had mild flu like symptoms for the majority of both my shots but definitely experienced 6-8 hours of strong symptoms that were awful.

am i looking at more of the same or worse?

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

you know, with almost everything that happened a year ago happening again but worse, i realized that i miss the ghana pallbearers

lord knows we have more than enough footage of people surrendering themselves to covid to get a full music video of astronomia

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

Why didn't Antifa and BLM ever rush the police?

US cops would have mowed them down.

salient
Jan 2, 2021
tonight was the big welcome week block party on campus and we're already getting 911 calls for students in the dorms experiencing covid symptoms :) in-person classes start monday and professors are not allowed to tell the class if a student tests positive

Iverron
May 13, 2012

redreader posted:

There’s a big Denver presence at the company I work for and can confirm that they’re mostly living in an extended vaccine summer. Constantly posting pics of meetups with no masks in sight.

It’s honestly more unnerving to see blue maga than red right now.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Raiad posted:

ghana pallbearers

My daughter has been humming this tune lately. Bad omen.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the dancing pallbearers ruled. bring them back

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

salient posted:

tonight was the big welcome week block party on campus and we're already getting 911 calls for students in the dorms experiencing covid symptoms :) in-person classes start monday and professors are not allowed to tell the class if a student tests positive

yesterday i got an email from the chair of my department that an undergrad student died of covid

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHTikQ8U6tQ

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/1429330469787602950?s=20

not good to have your healthcare workers out of commission.

maybe covid testing patients regardless of what they're being treated for when you're a hospital would be a good idea!?!?!?!?!?

bit more, along with protest coverage here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HZmqQUmR2c

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I'm clapping for carers

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/JAVdottxt/status/1429357245440139265

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

LionArcher posted:

US cops would have mowed them down.

Question still stands.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The war between cops and lockdown protesters in Australia is escalating even further, cops have been using mounted police for a while but now the protesters have their own cavalry units

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZWwd9DFYaw

crepeface posted:

https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/1429330469787602950?s=20

not good to have your healthcare workers out of commission.

maybe covid testing patients regardless of what they're being treated for when you're a hospital would be a good idea!?!?!?!?!?

A Vic nurse I know told me that patients in the inner western suburbs were being diverted as far away as Ballarat hospital last week because Sunshine hospital had 250 staff in isolation

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 22, 2021

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Reverend Zero posted:

real talk - can anybody from booster gang give me the run down of what the moderna booster was like. im considering getting one ahead of the official drop and want to know what i should expect re: symptoms. i had mild flu like symptoms for the majority of both my shots but definitely experienced 6-8 hours of strong symptoms that were awful.

am i looking at more of the same or worse?

I got Pfizer in March/April, and got a Moderna two days ago. For both my Pfizer I had a mild headache and faitigued but could still work and move around mostly like normal. The Moderna hit me a lot harder on the exhaustion front with some headaches/achyness in general.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

That guy is absolutely mainlining ivermectin

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3

“Say AHHHH”
“NEIGHHHH”

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Mr. Covids

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Welcome to the feed store what can I help you with

I need some ivermectin for my horse

Okay well those are restricted now. Can you show me some ID?

I’m sorry I must’ve forgotten my ID at home

Okay well can you at least tell me your name so I can write it on our list?

Horace.

Horace?

Yes. Horace D’oeuvres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

DickParasite posted:

If he dies while you're living there the property becomes yours it's in the Airbnb fine print.

fuuuuck yeahhhhh