Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i dont have a menards where i live is there a way i can just give them money or something does anyone have a link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Y'know, as a Packers fan, I legitimately think that Bears fans should be extremely excited about Fields. His pedigree from college was obviously great, but he's also looked accurate, smart, and athletic this preseason. 23/39 for 222 yards and one touchdown + nine rushes for 79 yards and another touchdown is a good start.

I'd be concerned about Nagy and the Bears o-line, so maybe this year isn't shaping up to be incredible, but the future looks promising. I think the only play across both games that would alarm me is Fields loving up the pre-snap o-line shift in this game and getting rocked on his blind side. He bounced back from that one, but a play like that can be a season-ender; that was scary.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol at buffalo mitch annihilating the bears

fields has looked pretty cool, though but the rest of the bears offense looks completely done and i'm fine with sitting fields all year just so he doesn't die.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 21, 2021

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
All aboard the Trubiskycoaster! Next stop, the Super Bowl.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i know that they haven't been playing everyone but the Bears' starters on both sides of the ball have been completely appalling every single snap they played except one lucky catch by some guy i've never heard of. Preseason means nothing but I think bears are going to be Real Bad.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I am a walking thread meme.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/markgrotesports/status/1429096292551204870?s=20

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Pops Mgee posted:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Pops Mgee posted:

This picture looks like your father and grandfather are both in the background and everyone's having a real good time Saving Big Money at the game

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

surf rock posted:

This picture looks like your father and grandfather are both in the background and everyone's having a real good time Saving Big Money at the game

I’m actually ridin solo in the stands and hitched a ride with friends who have tickets on the other side of the stadium but I’m determined to make friends before the end of the game and get them to save big money.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
LOL

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1429196630973161481

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Did you see today what happened when some nobody was unblocked against Fields today? We're very lucky that wasn't Danarold

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/status/1429200992923439107?s=19

Doing work against the first team defense with all backup offense hell yeah

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Next season Justin Fields will be the best quarterback in the division.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I found another Bortles jersey.

Mission accomplished

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*walks up to mic; gently taps on it to ensure it’s on*

Jeff Okudah loving sucks.

*walks away*

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

i dont have a menards where i live is there a way i can just give them money or something does anyone have a link

lol

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

i'm gonna Save Big Time Not Watching the Lions this season

holy poo poo they are bad lmao

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Gonz posted:

*walks up to mic; gently taps on it to ensure it’s on*

Jeff Okudah loving sucks.

*walks away*

He like waited for someone to come to him, then fell down lol.

It was a two person draft and the Lions failed enough to pick third.

TBH though Chase Young would be wasted on that team.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The Lions are lucky that Jack Fox is a very good punter because they'll be doing a lot of that this season

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

The Green Bay Packers are 0-2 without Blake Bortles this Preseason.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Detheros posted:

The Green Bay Packers are 0-2 without Blake Bortles this Preseason.

The Blake Bortles curse continues

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

0-17 here we come!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm at the vikings game and these awful offenses just won't let the quarter end....

E: at least the vikings scored

Deki fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 22, 2021

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

how much are you guys getting paid for going to preseason games

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Browning is hot trash. Vikings playing with dumpster fire going into the season with Qirk Covids and no contingency plan.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Styles Bitchley posted:

how much are you guys getting paid for going to preseason games

Tickets were 5 bucks. Getting to watch clownball was worth it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Can’t believe someone itt can’t appreciate saving big money.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Tickets: $5

Beers: $18

Getting covid from the chud from Onalaska two rows behind me: priceless

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
People in the stands are chucking their gamebooks while doing the wave and its more exciting than the vikes/colts offense lmao

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i know that they haven't been playing everyone but the Bears' starters on both sides of the ball have been completely appalling every single snap they played except one lucky catch by some guy i've never heard of. Preseason means nothing but I think bears are going to be Real Bad.

It's a simple equation. No one wins the Superbowl with a rookie QB. Justin Herbert broke all kinds of passing records for a rookie QB and guess what? The Chargers still went 7-9 and missed the playoffs. This season is about getting Fields ready to compete for a Superbowl in 2022, 2023, 2024, and/or 2025 while he's still on his rookie contract.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jng2058 posted:

It's a simple equation. No one wins the Superbowl with a rookie QB. Justin Herbert broke all kinds of passing records for a rookie QB and guess what? The Chargers still went 7-9 and missed the playoffs. This season is about getting Fields ready to compete for a Superbowl in 2022, 2023, 2024, and/or 2025 while he's still on his rookie contract.

Do you trust Ryan Pace to put together a super bowl team, do you trust Matt Nagy to coach a Super Bowl team, do you trust the Mustache McCaskey to hire anyone who can do any of those things

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Do you trust Ryan Pace to put together a super bowl team, do you trust Matt Nagy to coach a Super Bowl team, do you trust the Mustache McCaskey to hire anyone who can do any of those things

No, possibly, and lol respectively.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

R.D. Mangles posted:

1) Kind of. Pace HAS put together a really good defense. He's cap limited by some bad choices of his own making, but Foles' and Dalton's money are coming off the books next year and the cap should go up rather than down like it did after COVID hell. Odds are we're going to lose Robinson as well, which is terrible from the on the field standpoint but a lot of cash back to try and patch holes. So long as Fields pans out, the extra cash could be used to increase our chances. So...maybe.

2) Actually, yes. Nagy took MITCH to the playoffs twice. Give him a QB capable of actually running the drat playbook and he could be really good.

3) And this is why I don't want to lose Pace and Nagy. Because whatever our complaints about them...and they are valid...these two are the best we've had at GM and Head Coach in years and I do NOT trust the McCaskeys or Ted Phillips' search firm to not make things worse. Dump Lovie and get Trestman. The Lions dumped Caldwell and ended up with Patricia! The grass is NOT always greener on the other side.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 22, 2021

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Lions looked better when Blough got in. Also seemed to run a completely different offense, too. Seemed less generic.

And oh my god is Tavai literally the worst player on the field, every single game.

Like, hole in zone levels of bad.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

The Lions looked better when Blough got in. Also seemed to run a completely different offense, too. Seemed less generic.

And oh my god is Tavai literally the worst player on the field, every single game.

Like, hole in zone levels of bad.

I would not be surprised to see Tavai getting punted in the next round of cuts, that was an awful performance.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

jng2058 posted:

2) Actually, yes. Nagy took MITCH to the playoffs twice.

Ahem…. “twice*”

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mitch took NAGY to the playoffs twice.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Is the Bears defense good?

When I look at the Bears roster all I see is the impact of trading all the picks in the past starting to catch up. You have no margin of error and boy the Quinn signing, relying on Tevin this year etc look like freaking errors. I mean you have to do the Fields trade every time, but this won’t be a patch in FA situation. Going to freaking waste the end of Hicks and Mack’s prime and I assume Robinson fucks off next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

GREEN BAY (WLUK) -- The Green Bay Packers head coach Matt LaFleur has a message for fans.

LaFleur wants to remind fans there's a correct way to cheer on the green and gold at the frozen tundra.

But, he does say Packers fans are the best in the league.

During the post-game press conference when asked about the wave he said, "Certainly when we're on offense and it's a third-down situation, I'd rather not hear the "Go Pack Go chant."

Packers fans do the wave during the preseason game against the New York Jets Saturday, Aug. 21, 2021 at Lambeau Field. 8/22/21 (Courtesy: Alexis Ferdon){p}{/p}

LaFleur went on to say, "And when we're on offense, I'd rather not see the wave. I'd rather see that when we're on defense."

However, he assured everyone that there will be some protocols in place to limit potential distractions in the future.

Matt those benches at Lambeau get uncomfortable people need to stand up at certain times