Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this isn't even a joke, every battle the good guys win has some deus ex machina bullshit at the end to drag them to victory:

weathertop: aragorn suddenly returns
isen: magic elf powers summon river horses
merry and pippen: freed only because the rohirrim magically show up to slaughter the urak-hai
isengard: merry and pippen convert giant talking trees to their side
helm's deep: gandalf returns at the last moment with rohirrim
pelannor fields: the rohirrim and actual ghosts show up to save the day
cirith ungol: all the orcs kill each other
black gate: the ring is destroyed and the ground opens beneath the orc army for some reason???

none of those are dues ex machina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Pardot posted:

Look i'm cool with getting extra vaxes, but who the hell is getting extra hearts

I got that grinchectomy

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Forseti posted:

Sure, I agree with that, I just don't know of a way to account for that in a triage situation on the ground is all. Absolutely our poo poo government and racist society should be held accountable and corrected somehow.

Utilitarianism sucks rear end a lot of the time, I just don't know how it could be addressed at the level of "what are the triage rules".

I don't know if there is an immediate solution beyond "don't pretend triage is justice against chuds."

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it's funny how every conversation you overhear is about Covid now. lol.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

I've said it before but good drat are liberals loving bloodthirsty ghouls

their Afghanistan freak out is further confirmation

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The lib consensus that “everyone who wants a vaccine got one, let the <losers, chuds, unclean> die off” is gonna hit a loving wall once the half of America that isn’t vaccinated brews up a hyperdeath variant the vaccines don’t cover.

no one here is saying let the unvaccinated die off, because unfortunately getting these idiots to take a vaccine is very much in my own self interest. ive said ad nauseam since this fall we should pay people to get it. go door to door with a burlap sack of cash with $ emblazoned on the outside if thats what it takes, idgaf.

but im not going to make up poo poo like “these poor people can’t find the time off!!! :qq:” when that isnt the loving case.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Pardot posted:

Look i'm cool with getting extra vaxes, but who the hell is getting extra hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPvbnTNhnd8

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

in the triage situations they are being discriminated against because of their vaccinated status but vaccinated status is not a protected class so who cares

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Pardot posted:

They were just dumping them so I figured why not?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gio posted:

no one here is saying let the unvaccinated die off, because unfortunately getting these idiots to take a vaccine is very much in my own self interest. ive said ad nauseam since this fall we should pay people to get it. go door to door with a burlap sack of cash with $ emblazoned on the outside if thats what it takes, idgaf.

but im not going to make up poo poo like “these poor people can’t find the time off!!! :qq:” when that isnt the loving case.

lmao that’s a bad post

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gio posted:

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
Went to get my 3rd today, but attempted to do so in the legit fashion, since my work may require a booster at some point and didn't want to have to explain who "Max Titers" was to my boss.

Was rejected! "You don't qualify for a third" the CVS pharmacist said, with still 25 open slots for a shot available in the day. Have an appointment with my PCP on Friday, hoping he'll give me the third shot. If not, Max Titers will ride again and that may just be a fun conversation in a few months.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

PerniciousKnid posted:

I don't know if there is an immediate solution beyond "don't pretend triage is justice against chuds."

Oh yeah, totally agree with that, I wasn't trying to argue that it was justice.

I'm certainly no ethicist but I had to take an ethics course for my degree (side note, this sadly seems very uncommon judging by other people I've talked to in my field). Basically just touched on Kantianism vs Utilitarianism and my take away from it was "Holy poo poo there are a lot of situations with no good answer. I sure loving hope I don't end up in one of them!"

We should have done absolutely everything possible to avoid getting to the point of emergency triage, but lol :capitalism:

:smith:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Went to get my 3rd today, but attempted to do so in the legit fashion, since my work may require a booster at some point and didn't want to have to explain who "Max Titers" was to my boss.

Was rejected! "You don't qualify for a third" the CVS pharmacist said, with still 25 open slots for a shot available in the day. Have an appointment with my PCP on Friday, hoping he'll give me the third shot. If not, Max Titers will ride again and that may just be a fun conversation in a few months.

Georgia threw away ~836k doses last I checked.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/1429475078752849926?s=20

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/1429475509029818369?s=20

:hmmrona:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
its like the entirety of american stupidity distilled into one, beautiful image

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/1429475509029818369?s=21

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
it is my god given right to turn my lungs into swiss cheese u loving lib

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

the us government has completely failed to roll out vaccines in an equitable and responsible manner. every unvaccinated person represents an institutional failure. blaming individuals does nothing

Ok. So when does Lenin get off the train from germany to save the unvaxxed

Edit this whole thing hits on a personal level. My wife's aunt is black, has a chemistry degree, works in food science, and refuses to get vaccinated because of the Tuskegee experiments.

She's rich, money won't convince her. She's smart and won't change her mind. Only force works for someone like that

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 22, 2021

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Live free and die lol

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

one of coworkers has covid and I don’t think management is particularly interested in sending her home because no one is really aware that she has all the delta symptoms, runny nose, headache, feverish

e: but they have been reminding us to wash our hands and sanitize frequently used surfaces just about every day

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

whatever lowly poor person spent $10 on my avatar could have spent it on an uber to get a disadvantaged and oppressed unvaccinated person to a CVS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ubers are like 50$ lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

euphronius posted:

ubers are like 50$ lmao

lol more like Gob

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

In US you pretty much need authoritarian measures like vaccine mandates at work.

I know for my company they post the vaccination numbers and it's stuck at 60% similar to most Chud states despite months of cheesy PR articles begging people to get it.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

euphronius posted:

ubers are like 50$ lmao

actually for awhile (still??) they were free if you were going to get a vaxx!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

21 hours post 3rd vaxx and the chills are gone, still sore, but am rapidly improving, feeling better every minute

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1252048577897074688?s=20

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

etalian posted:

In US you pretty much need authoritarian measures like vaccine mandates at work.

I know for my company they post the vaccination numbers and it's stuck at 60% similar to most Chud states despite months of cheesy PR articles begging people to get it.

It's the carrot or the stick and we chose DO NOTHING

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Gio posted:

actually for awhile (still??) they were free if you were going to get a vaxx!

your confusion might help clarify the government's failure, but instead you will double down on your stupidity

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

none of those are dues ex machina

whatever dude they're all bullshit

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Oh please, In many states there were county mass vaccination clinics that were drive up and people offering assistance to drive people to them. Creating a very narrow set of conditions where a low number of people couldn’t get vaccinated is loving dumb to criticize the rollout.

If you want to criticize the rollout, talk about people who can’t risk being out of work for a day or two due to side effects. Like they can’t plan to take the weekend or find two days in their schedule to be sick because they don’t have sick time or work 7 days a week to keep the lights on. That’s where the government failed, not giving people paid sick leave to get shots.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

it feels like it shouldn't be impossible for the government to pay people to take a couple days off after a vaccine and also arrange a delivery service to the people who request it

i mean i know it is, but

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

latest death panel podcast feels simpatico with this thread:

https://twitter.com/DeathPanel_/status/1428462333655924741?s=20

lots of angry oster bashing, among other things

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

covid sucks!!!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Gio posted:

whatever lowly poor person spent $10 on my avatar could have spent it on an uber to get a disadvantaged and oppressed unvaccinated person to a CVS

:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Raiad posted:

it feels like it shouldn't be impossible for the government to pay people to take a couple days off after a vaccine and also arrange a delivery service to the people who request it

i mean i know it is, but

They can arrange for a Lyft or Uber to pick you up and take you to a vaccination clinic. Just download this simple app