Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glumwheels posted:

If you want to criticize the rollout, talk about people who can’t risk being out of work for a day or two due to side effects. Like they can’t plan to take the weekend or find two days in their schedule to be sick because they don’t have sick time or work 7 days a week to keep the lights on. That’s where the government failed, not giving people paid sick leave to get shots.

...is that not exactly what the tweet says

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

post COVID posted:

covid sucks!!!

:hmmyes:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

SirPablo posted:

Educate me on why people can't get a jab when this thread is flooded with goons triple dosing.

lmao if you think this thread is representative of any broader American demographic

but more specifically, we chose to do almost all vaccine distribution through pharmacies and grocery stores

there are vast swaths of city land that is not within 1 mile of pharmacies or supermarkets, and those are 97% in low income neighborhoods

if you can't see the connection between race, food/pharmacy deserts and vaccine availability in the US, what are you even doing in this forum

here's a quick primer

https://www.businessofbusiness.com/articles/pharmacy-deserts-cvs-walgreens-closed-covid/

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

personally, i’m more angry that we aren’t getting checks in the mail to stay home!

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Went to get my 3rd today, but attempted to do so in the legit fashion, since my work may require a booster at some point and didn't want to have to explain who "Max Titers" was to my boss.

Was rejected! "You don't qualify for a third" the CVS pharmacist said, with still 25 open slots for a shot available in the day. Have an appointment with my PCP on Friday, hoping he'll give me the third shot. If not, Max Titers will ride again and that may just be a fun conversation in a few months.

Did they ask if you were immunocompromised? what did you say? I have a CVS appt soon

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
As a Canadian we get everything from America late.
Where I live the fourth wave hasn't hit yet-how long until the "we have to live with this" becomes baked in? There are still people who are cautious here, but I'm seeing in the Canadian C-SPAM thread it's starting there already so how long until you noticed the people around you justifying living normally because "it's the new normal" or whatever?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SirPablo posted:

Educate me on why people can't get a jab when this thread is flooded with goons triple dosing.

Any kind of rural population wouldn't have access to this

i went to town in tennessee for example that still had like "Steves Pharmacy" as the only place, no walgreens or anything, that would have needed to drive an hour to get the jab

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Where I live the fourth wave hasn't hit yet-how long until the "we have to live with this" becomes baked in? There are still people who are cautious here, but I'm seeing in the Canadian C-SPAM thread it's starting there already so how long until you noticed the people around you justifying living normally because "it's the new normal" or whatever?

it starts with the media manufacturing consent first

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

They'll have to adjust as soon as poo poo hits the fan don't worry

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

inferis posted:

So much it's this. Canadian media is owned by like 2 guys lol

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I remember the vaccine parade on vaccine day and how the vaxxy helpers would go door to door and make sure everyone got to their designated vac shack that was on every block and how to find a loving time and place for a vaccine wasn't completely random and didn't required me to go searching through web1.0 links until it was just a compressed jpg with a schedule for the previous month and I definitely didn't have to play phone tag until I got someone who knew the schedules, place, and which loving vaccines (oh yes there also wasn't a loving vaccine that DIDN'T loving DO ANYTHING so I didn't need to loving shop around for the non clotting actually effective vaccine)

my mom can't even get into her own email on a smartphone, so yeah gently caress her for not doing something so loving easy that most of the media was also telling her that it will kill her gently caress it all, let them all die it's their own fault everything was just loving handed out in the most efficient and convenient way loving possible and your glee at people dieing isn't just you coping with the fact THAT WERE JUST LETTING MILLSIONS OF P{EOPLE DIE FOR NO FUCKNIG REAASOOSOSN

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gio posted:

whatever lowly poor person spent $10 on my avatar could have spent it on an uber to get a disadvantaged and oppressed unvaccinated person to a CVS

People without credit or banking can't use Uber, dude

12% of Americans use prepaid cards for banking, and those are all banned by the app

30% of Americans Don't Have a Credit Card

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Crazypoops posted:

It's the carrot or the stick and we chose DO NOTHING

you had some states do a lottery for the vaccinated

five pinocchios

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
people really need to stop believing we are ever going to be rid of this

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

post COVID posted:

covid sucks!!!

i like it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

inferis posted:

You know it's around the corner when media articles are on things like make sure to visit and dine in at local restaurants

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

antivaxxers are not the enemies, we need more than vaccinations to end this but keep on falling for the trap of blaming them for everything while nothing is closed, hospitals are failing, and governments are doing nothing but pointing to a convenient scapegoat

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Keep an eye on the upper Midwest. Illinois is starting to spike this week, Michigan and Wisconsin and Minnesota should follow and Canada with them

Last year Illinois had it's first big spike on October 16 2020 with 5100 cases (early around labor day was the only other time that high but that was a backlog and uiuc testing issues). Friday aug 20 2021 Illinois had 4900 cases, and testing is comparable to last year all of a sudden.

current rolling average is 3500 in IL. Last year we got there on 10/17, on 11/17 we hit the peak at 12k, highest in nation for a bit. So we are two months ahead of schedule , schools are opening next week, and the weather is perfect so cases won't truly go nuts until it's cold and rainy this fall

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 22, 2021

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Unoriginal Name posted:

Who in this thread believes that lmao

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

delta would still be spreading with 100% vaccinations, but now the government can say “if only” no matter how bad they gently caress up

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

theres your triage criteria

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Risutora posted:

theres your triage criteria

from the political ideology which had their "town takeover" scheme ruined by a bunch of wild bears

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
baseline activity, 20% of people in the US are effectively homebound, making no regular trips of any distance outside of their residence.

there is no reason we shouldn't have vaxxed door-to-door instead of, best case in some cities, handed out pamphlets and then said lol pandemic of the unvaccinated 6 months later

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Gio posted:

whatever lowly poor person spent $10 on my avatar could have spent it on an uber to get a disadvantaged and oppressed unvaccinated person to a CVS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

FizFashizzle posted:

Any kind of rural population wouldn't have access to this

i went to town in tennessee for example that still had like "Steves Pharmacy" as the only place, no walgreens or anything, that would have needed to drive an hour to get the jab

WV was pretty successful with nursing home vaccinations early on specifically because they went through local pharmacies, but the general vaccination drive shat the bed a long time ago. OLol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Being vaxxed is a privilege.

A white privilege.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Unoriginal Name posted:

Nobody believes that. I just wanna avoid catching it until after it's done burning through everyone else.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
we should load up the knife sharpener van with an ultra cold freezer and a few nurses. fix the vaccinated age gap in NYC right away

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mr Hootington posted:

Being vaxxed is a privilege.

A white privilege.

Asians are vaxxed at a higher rate , although if you broke down whites by religion I bet that evangelicals are a real low rate

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I'm hoping to catch it when there isn't a surge on hospitals 🤞

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Asians are vaxxed at a higher rate , although if you broke down whites by religion I bet that evangelicals are a real low rate

I wish you would quit being racist.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

skewetoo posted:

I'm hoping to catch it when there isn't a surge on hospitals 🤞

Same.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I dont know why you would need food stamps if you work in a restaurant. Don't they comp you a meal a night? Plus the leftovers left on plates are free. Seems like abuse of a strained system.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

inferis posted:

antivaxxers are not the enemies, we need more than vaccinations to end this but keep on falling for the trap of blaming them for everything while nothing is closed, hospitals are failing, and governments are doing nothing but pointing to a convenient scapegoat

Exactly. Just lol if the last 1.5 years' worth of our COVID response compared to, say, China's hasn't already made this crystal clear to you. This is a failure of the bourgeois state and the blame can't be laid anywhere else.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 22, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Finally found the lobster welfare queen.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mr Hootington posted:

I wish you would quit being racist.

What

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

skewetoo posted:

They'll have to adjust as soon as poo poo hits the fan don't worry

You think? I have a degree in community management (yeah yeah, yuk it up) but I am finding this pandemic, the longer is goes on, highlights the fallacy of the fact we are part of a community in a broader sense (caring for one another, etc). We are all alone, and as such, if it doesn't hit you specifically well...there's a great concert going on,let's go! We're vaccinated after all!

This isn't doom by the way, just the reality. I see little sparks of people caring, people forming communities during this. I just think there was a great lie we all believed that we were all part of the human race and looked out for each other, etc. Now we're competing to see who can throw the most kids/workers into the meatgrinders to appease the white rich people. Maybe the jaded internet knew this already, but the average wine mom or the office worker dad now see it too.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

inferis posted:

all libs want is a socially acceptable way to be bloodthirsty about people they find undesirable, and this is how its manifesting

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

RedQueen posted:

Did they ask if you were immunocompromised? what did you say? I have a CVS appt soon

They did, and I said I wasn't. "It looks like you didn't check the immunocompromised box, so you don't qualify for a shot." I was trying to do it legit and used my insurance and didn't want anything changing on it so I answered everything honestly. I got the vibe that had said I didn't have insurance and I was immunocompromised I could have gotten a third shot, or gotten a first shot if I didn't provide that info. I was hoping with Pfizer being greenlit on Monday and cases exploding they might just shrug their shoulders when I said I was a teacher and wanted a booster before students come in in a few weeks.

The pharmacist just objected to me getting my third and not being immunocompromised. I decided I'd try that first but if I can't get a shot on Friday with my PCP I'll try again on Sat but Max Titers style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

all libs want is a socially acceptable way to be bloodthirsty about people they find undesirable, and this is how its manifesting

they’re so offended by the idea of paying people to stay home and get vaccinated that they would rather more people die as long as they think they deserve it