Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Thread question:

Are you happy in your work?

I will warn you, her act is messy! You will get wet on this ride!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Wow, I had no idea that Space Chief was also Hattori Hanzō in Kill Bill…

Yeah, but I was talking about how he was in good movies.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I will warn you, her act is messy! You will get wet on this ride!

Yes Satan, speak to me through this song

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

In five hours: The Blood Waters of Doctor Z.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qqhv1nnbdY

"Join Alternaversal's Matt McGinnis, along with MST3K's Joel Hodgson, Jonah Ray, Tim Ryder, and Nate Begle, for a livestream screening of this Mike-era abomination, as a mad scientist attempts to prove his genius by turning himself into a giant catfish and going on a deadly rampage."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The composers of the songs in I Accuse My Parents got pretty famous later on. They won 3 Oscars and wrote such songs as "Silver Bells," "Buttons and Bows" and "Que Sera, Sera."

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

The composers of the songs in I Accuse My Parents got pretty famous later on. They won 3 Oscars and wrote such songs as "Silver Bells," "Buttons and Bows" and "Que Sera, Sera."

Well, love came between them

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Well, love came between them

They were happy in their work. They never ever shirked.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Forgot how much I loved the opening theme to Dr. Z:

https://youtu.be/-m859q53-iQ

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I know how toast works.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Love that Joel had to run back to the office because he forgot his phone charger.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Servo: When do I get a big white hat, sheriff?
Jonah: When you become Nate Begle.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

TL posted:

Forgot how much I loved the opening theme to Dr. Z:

https://youtu.be/-m859q53-iQ

sashay sashay through the sargasm

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My comfort episode is The Projected Man. I just adore it.

"He said 'pretty you may be', ma'am, we're not sure what he meant."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I’m planning reveeeeeenge on my friends!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Pinch Conners?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Joel's inability to sit still and watch the movie really makes me think (verified by his saying so on another watchalong I seem to remember) that his sleepy demeanor was simply him being exhausted when he made those shows. This makes a great deal of sense considering how much DIY work went into it back in the day. The man is a sleepy looking ball of manic energy.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

In five hours: The Blood Waters of Doctor Z.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qqhv1nnbdY

"Join Alternaversal's Matt McGinnis, along with MST3K's Joel Hodgson, Jonah Ray, Tim Ryder, and Nate Begle, for a livestream screening of this Mike-era abomination, as a mad scientist attempts to prove his genius by turning himself into a giant catfish and going on a deadly rampage."

I need to simplify my masturbation ritual.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Carol Conners, who sang "Book of Love" in Catalina Caper, co-wrote "Gonna Fly Now" from the first Rocky movie.

Joel also mentioned in the newsletter that Gamera vs Jiger is one of the films. (I know someone here mentioned one of the turtle movies, but I don't remember if the mentioned the exact one.)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I need to simplify my masturbation ritual.

This line always gets me, its just so out of field for how they normally riff. It has a very "well they're not asking us back anyway" vibe to it.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

New thread title rules

Barudak posted:

This line always gets me, its just so out of field for how they normally riff. It has a very "well they're not asking us back anyway" vibe to it.

The "... You're the expert on that." line from Hobgoblins is up there, too, but that one requires the viewer to connect the dots a little more to get the joke.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Go! Team! Go!

That whole Club Scum (ie. someone's school cafeteria) segment is gold.

I rewatched the video where Joel, Emily and Emily's bots watch Hobgoblins and it's my favourite of their riff-along videos, largely because Hobgoblins is apparently Emily's favourite episode and she's just so god drat excited for everything and that energy carries on to the rest of the crowd.

Plus it's fun to see Joel, Nate and Conor be constantly amazed and amused by how awful the Hobgoblin puppets are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hugO9coWrw0

In case someone hasn't seen it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rifftrax just redid Hobgoblins for a live show and they actually had one of the original puppets on the stage for it.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Go! Team! Go!

I rewatched the video where Joel, Emily and Emily's bots watch Hobgoblins and it's my favourite of their riff-along videos, largely because Hobgoblins is apparently Emily's favourite episode and she's just so god drat excited for everything and that energy carries on to the rest of the crowd.

Plus it's fun to see Joel, Nate and Conor be constantly amazed and amused by how awful the Hobgoblin puppets are.

Emily kicks rear end and I'm glad she's on the team.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Emily kicks rear end and I'm glad she's on the team.

Same. Honestly Emily's crew is probably my favourite right now. They have a fun energy and I like them all. Except for some reason Ed Wynn keeps turning up randomly.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Same. Honestly Emily's crew is probably my favourite right now. They have a fun energy and I like them all. Except for some reason Ed Wynn keeps turning up randomly.

The streams during the Kickstarter really sold me on that group more than anything I’d seen of them before. I think I still like the Netflix crew better, but ask me again after the new season is out. I’m really looking forward to seeing them in the actual show.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I loved Nate's Ed Wynn bits if only because it drove everyone else nuts.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Diabolik900 posted:

I’m really looking forward to seeing them in the actual show.

If you want a small preview, I noticed that during the pre-movie portion of the Hobgoblins stream they run a short by Emily and her bots. It was pretty drat good!

I loved Nate's Ed Wynn bits if only because it drove everyone else nuts.

Yeah it's a fun bit.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rifftrax just redid Hobgoblins for a live show and they actually had one of the original puppets on the stage for it.

Franky, Sniffles, Bounce-Bounce or the Claw?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Franky, Sniffles, Bounce-Bounce or the Claw?

Whichever ones drank the bong water :mad:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Go! Team! Go!

There's something great about having the other riffers able to laugh in real-time response. Laughter is infectious, and some of the funniest things I've ever seen are when a comedian loses their composure and breaks down laughing over something. MST3K canonically never has any "diegetic" laughter but watching this stream where they all get to laugh at each other's jokes really makes me wonder what it might always have been missing.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Saw the Mindless Summer rewatch of Tormented yesterday and Matt's line of saying the character Sandy --played by the director's daughter, Susan Gordon-- looked like Paul Williams was absolutely brutal. After a bit of razzing her, someone had said "I hope she's okay".

(She died 10 years ago)

That alone made these rewatches worth it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Data Graham posted:

There's something great about having the other riffers able to laugh in real-time response. Laughter is infectious, and some of the funniest things I've ever seen are when a comedian loses their composure and breaks down laughing over something.

Yeah, it's great. It's also super nice during covid times where actually getting to laugh with friends is a pretty rare thing. It's not the same thing of course, but it did boost up my spirits quite a bit.

And it's also very satisfying to see these extremely famous people just completely lose it to some joke I've always liked.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm increasingly convinced Jonah and I would be friends irl. He makes more than one joke or reference that totally bombs on the group watch streams but I'm dying laughing at home. One of them is when he calls a character "Robert Trujillo" during Werewolf, the bassist for Metallica (ex-Suicidal Tendencies), and nobody gets it. He looks visibly hurt afterwards. I love him.

e: Another time he does a line about the Wolverine-Jean Grey-Cyclops love triangle that nobody on the stream understands. I was as shocked as Jonah, its like the most boilerplate X-men story that I thought everyone knew.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 22, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Data Graham posted:

There's something great about having the other riffers able to laugh in real-time response. Laughter is infectious, and some of the funniest things I've ever seen are when a comedian loses their composure and breaks down laughing over something. MST3K canonically never has any "diegetic" laughter but watching this stream where they all get to laugh at each other's jokes really makes me wonder what it might always have been missing.

Well, we DO get hints now and then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Df3j9vCcIM

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

I knew it'd be this clip and i'm always happy to see it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Morter posted:

I knew it'd be this clip and i'm always happy to see it

I remain convinced Trace went hard to make Mike corpse more.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It's Mike collapsing at that grumpy shopkeeper, isn't it?

That's my favourite part of the show, tbh, the riffers chuckling at each other and reacting to each other's jokes. Trace's Crow has this great hyena cackle that always makes me happy.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I think there was a joke in Tormented that one of the bots made that Joel just said NO to like a parent stopping their kids from going to far and I liked that dynamic as well. In the rewatch they commented on it too.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Joel getting progressively fed up everytime Crow says "Again?" during i think.... Space Fugitive 2 is prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

verbal enema posted:

Joel getting progressively fed up everytime Crow says "Again?" during i think.... Space Fugitive 2 is prime

It's the right way to react to Rocky