Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Add Childe plunging attacks to the list with "can my geo construct please not detonate immediately in every boss arena". They'll never fix it but it doesn't stop me from being annoyed.

literally only oceanid arena does that. i fight bosses with Ning all the time. you just have to aim away so the construct doesn't spawn clipping into the boss. at least for Ning wall the damage hitbox is much larger than the auto-destroy collision box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

getting the stick guaranteed actually costs 240 rolls which is 38,400 primogems. Without the first-time bonus the $100 pack is 8,080 gems so it would actually cost up to $475 worth of gems
$145 would get you one pity for a 37.5% chance at the weapon you want
hth

New life goals acquired. have an artist in mind? :allears:

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Bloody Emissary posted:

Three pulls after getting Qiqi'd, I get C1 Yoimiya :suicide:

I just wanted to get in one last 4* pull before quitting, eghh. I don't have spare gear or materials for her and I hate fighting the pyro cube.

I just wanted one Sayu but you're never safe in genshin...

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I was wondering how exactly collecting particles worked with active/inactive members gaining energy and if picking up particles at full energy meant inactive members got more energy.

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Energy
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xRhDBqiTV3TRYdOQV9Z0e9VRwRtkKBUBwm__M3JcSw/edit?usp=sharing

You know what, maybe I don't really need to know. :stonk:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nobushi in the overworld: love you guys, you're the best
nobushi in abyss: i hope you choke and die

weirdly 12-2 was my problem this time instead of 12-1 though

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
Stupid question question I asked my Genshin playing friends: who would win in a drinking contest? Venti or Beidou?

Now it makes me wonder if there's vodka in Snezhnaya. Or cognac in Fontaine.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

brainwrinkle posted:

Yoimiya is so bad that there's a huge effortpost on Reddit of all places pointing out how bad she is https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/p5sdus/why_yoimiya_needs_fixing_an_indepth_summary_and/

As a Yoimiya haver, I've been using her for dailies since Day 1 of the banner. She really feels bad to play. I haven't leveled her past 60 because I can't justify it. I enjoy Keqing much more and used Keqing in floor 12 of the Abyss last cycle.

My wife wanted Yoimiya from her first reveal. She absolutely adored Yoi's design and her whole deal. She really threw herself into piling up all the F2P wishes she could get, and was getting so disheartened because it looked like Yoi wasn't coming home before my wife had to go out of town for several weeks. She finally got Yoimiya two days ago on the last 10 pull she could scrounge, and we actually jumped up and cheered and high fived, it was so wholesome 😭

I have said zero poo poo about Yoimiya's supposed underperformance bc my wife is so excited to have her and why would I rain on her parade? I helped her farm the Pyro cube and kitted her Yoi out with EM to complement her XQ/Beidou rotation, and she's happy. She also plays Genshin like a normal person, aka she plays it like a fun videogame, and does not have the deep brain sickness we all have for posting and theorycrafting about it on an internet thread.

That said, I hope Yoi gets buffed because it will make my wife happy for one of her favorite characters to be even more fun to play.

Sanctum posted:

Jfc I also wanted to know that information, but at this rate I could just master the stock market and it'd be the same level of cognitive effort

ReverendHammer posted:

Stupid question question I asked my Genshin playing friends: who would win in a drinking contest? Venti or Beidou?

Now it makes me wonder if there's vodka in Snezhnaya. Or cognac in Fontaine.

It would have to be Venti. He's literally a God, and I think one of the quests has Diluc mention that Venti put down some insane amount of wine on his own in one night, like 30 bottles, which would probably kill a normal person.

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 22, 2021

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

SlimGoodbody posted:

It would have to be Venti. He's literally a God, and I think one of the quests has Diluc mention that Venti put down some insane amount of wine on his own in one night, like 30 bottles, which would probably kill a normal person.

37 glasses (I went and rewatched that bit of his story quest). But we still have yet to see the full power of the captain that brought down the Haishan. :)

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Sanctum posted:

I was wondering how exactly collecting particles worked with active/inactive members gaining energy and if picking up particles at full energy meant inactive members got more energy.

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Energy
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xRhDBqiTV3TRYdOQV9Z0e9VRwRtkKBUBwm__M3JcSw/edit?usp=sharing

Picking up particles at full energy does not give extra energy to other teammates AFAIK. The amount of energy you get is affected by four things (besides Energy Recharge): particle size, elemental alignment, whether the character is on/off-field, and how many characters there are in the party.
  • Energy orbs (the big ones) give three times as much energy as the small ones.
  • Energy particles that are of the same element as a character give three times as much energy as energy particles of a different element. Non-elemental particles give twice as much energy as particles of a different element.
  • Off-field characters get less energy than on-field characters, but the amount they get is slightly higher the fewer characters there are in the party. It's 60% of the active amount for four characters, 70% for three, 80% for two.
The wiki has a table of the basic proportions, but the tl;dr is that if you want to funnel energy into a particular character then you should a) get them particle-producing teammates of the same element b) switch the energy-hungry character in before the orbs get picked up so that they get the full "active character" amount and c) stack ER on the character receiving the particles, not the one producing them.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Alright, sat down to actually do Abyss this rotation, making sure to bring my Yoimiya team for every floor. Managed to no-reset 36* the abyss, which I guess means I'm at the point where none of this good/bad characters poo poo matters at all any more, but yeah it works.

Granted, it's being helped by the fact that I'm running Yoimiya with maybe the 3 best supports in the game (Bennett/Kazuha/Xingqiu), and the other 3 can kill most of the enemies without Yoimiya's help, but yeah she does do a lot of single target damage when needed in that situation. Like she melted the Cryo cube pretty drat fast, and even doing the Kairagi in a dumb way where I killed them one by one instead of together she did enough damage that the floor went okay.

Ran pretty vanilla Morgana on the other side for floor 9, 10, 11, and then Eula/Diona/Fischl/Zhongli for floor 12, as I figured if there was any situation one of my teams would not be good enough to 3* a floor it'd be a Venti comp trying to kill Maguu Kenki fast.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Imo, the best way to think about energy particles is what conditions give the most energy to least.

So between particle type and whether the character is active or not, it goes:
    matching/active(3) > neutral/active(2) > matching/inactive(1.8) > neutral/inactive(1.2) > different/active(1) > different/inactive(.6)

What's interesting is that different/active is worse than neutral/inactive

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 22, 2021

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

ReverendHammer posted:

37 glasses (I went and rewatched that bit of his story quest). But we still have yet to see the full power of the captain that brought down the Haishan. :)

Venti definitely wins on fortitude, but he's also lazy and non-competitive so I could see Beidou eking out a dark horse win via willpower/discipline.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

wait whatt the christ i woulda thought i had it down easy enough but what the hell is different vs neutral.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i assume that neutral is either kills/hp chunks or weapon effects or both?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Different is just a particle that's a different element than the character. Neutral is non-elemental particles produced by Favonius weapons and certain mobs.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I keep telling myself i want to unequip everyone's artifacts and assign everything freshly but gosh that's daunting.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

kater posted:

I keep telling myself i want to unequip everyone's artifacts and assign everything freshly but gosh that's daunting.

Do it. It's extremely refreshing and worth it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I totally forgot to claim the codes from the stream on Friday but they should still be active right? If not welp i was kind of busy so no real chance there. Just read its only 12 hours so yeah looks like I'm not getting the free primos this round. Its only a couple rolls i guess but still. I'm stuck at work till about 6 now and know of the method for phones if i knew all the login credentials for that which I don't tbh otherwise I'd see if i can do that and have it mailed in game to me but if its 12 hours only that expired well before i got home on Friday from a family get together. I guess this game sometimes really expects the players to have no life or friends outside the game when they set these restrictions.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 22, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It’s more than twelve hours. No idea how much more but.

There’s an in-game redeem option now under account settings if you aren’t awares.

Kale
May 14, 2010

kater posted:

It’s more than twelve hours. No idea how much more but.

There’s an in-game redeem option now under account settings if you aren’t awares.

Yeah but i have to be there in front of my ps4 and remember about the codes in order to do that though. Setting a reminder on my phone to check for when i get home.

The annoying thing is I did have a sessions last night, I just got distracted by exploring and clearing out mondstadt stuff. I also did the trial for Yoimiya and she seemed pretty fun, but then I remembered it was an ideal setup for her and shes probably c6 in the trial what with firing two arrows. Then I recalled that while infusing arrows with pyro seems cool as a skill Ayaka infused for Cryo just by dashing and is more or less the shredder otherwise while Yoimiya has to wait like 20 seconds or so to do it again and her burst is just a single shot of raw damage while Ayakas stays there and continues to chip away at stuff. Yoimiya doesnt seem appallingly bad like people are saying but you clearly need to get her constellation up for her to match up to Kazuha and Ayaka.

I feel Kokomi is winning me over to try to get her as well. Provided she goes splash splash and gets things wet and does some damage i really need a hydro character that isn't Barbara and her 100 damage per hit.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 22, 2021

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

This game is loving garbage, lol.

Detheros fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 22, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Detheros posted:

:pressf:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Detheros posted:

I have a similar piece:

It's the origin story of my noelle getting leveled.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Save it for when they release some Anemo that can't crit and scales on DEF. I'm kinda regretting foddering every non-crit HP% piece I've ever had.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 22, 2021

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Kale posted:

Yeah but i have to be there in front of my ps4 and remember about the codes in order to do that though. Setting a reminder on my phone to check for when i get home.

Setup cross-save and you can redeem from any platform

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

kater posted:

forcing yourself to be objective about the artifacts you're equipping by starting off with nothing equipped is great in that it lets you get rid of artifacts you might otherwise not have taken off due to thinking "well I had it on, must have been for a reason", except there never was a reason

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

This game has finally worn out my LMB, and it's keeping me from enjoying killing poo poo as much when half of my clicks don't register.

So instead of going on nobushi killing sprees, I decided to actually look at the numbers and see how much of an upgrade Kazuha is over Sucrose (or basically any VV holder).

Turns out, Kazuha's giving me 80-150% more bonus damage than just VV alone. While VV generally increases my damage against standard RES by 20-28%, Kazuha makes that increase go to 46-69%, the range being due to different DMG modifiers and Rain Swords at C2.

And that's before considering all the swirl damage he shits out. Or the fact that he can maintain buffs and -RES for two elements easily.

Fun fact, XQ's C4 applies a multiplier after all other damage calculations, so it's great for getting big numbers that illustrate the difference. Plus he looks like such a fancy boy while doing it.

https://i.imgur.com/ZluvqTn.mp4

Kale
May 14, 2010

Well the codes are indeed expired so it's definitely less than 48 hours. Not much else I can say there.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The modifiers on Xingqiu's kit are truly outrageous. Like everytime I see the damage he does when properly kitted out I'm just like "drat son some 5* characters don't get modifiers this big". How is the Guhua school failing again?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

He's spending too much of his time writing.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Beidou + Fischl + Xingqiu + Sucrose can give you some hilarious numbers against exactly two opponents, it's great

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

gotta go fast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vOpf9hiTDg

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The modifiers on Xingqiu's kit are truly outrageous. Like everytime I see the damage he does when properly kitted out I'm just like "drat son some 5* characters don't get modifiers this big". How is the Guhua school failing again?

I finally decided my boy needed a crown on his ult now that both Ayaka and Diluc are fighting for his affections.

He is so good.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Amazingly the very first extreme challenge is the one I just can't seem to do on the Phantom Flow event because the buff is just kind of trash in comparison to the others and even going ham on food, buffs and my best characters doing quick rotations my record is like 20 down or so before the 3 minutes are up. It doesn't help that you can only see the 25 second thing ticking down and not the 3 minutes, but to be honest it's hard as gently caress trying to manage either of the conditions for me.

Still would be nice to get a sense of how I'm doing on both fronts throughout it. The plunging attack and sumo wrestling one I had zero issue with clearing all the way up through extreme because the electrogranum buffs are actually pretty good for clearing out enemy waves on their own (kind of makes a huge difference when following the condition just flat out kills enemies rather than relies on your characters elemental bursts) and it's just way less intense on the conditions without the 25 second kill thing. Same thing last time there was one of these types of events where I really struggled with one of them in the Golden Island Archipelago (The one where you're running around trying to balance shooting targets and killing poo poo) where the buff was just not up to snuff with the other ones. I think it was the one where Earth shields reflected some damage back on the enemies which didn't help worth poo poo.

This one is nowhere near as kind of unpleasant as that one was though and I'm not just struggling to even do it on the lowest difficulty setting like that one. I just find it funny that I had the most trouble with the first one so far. 8 for 9 is hardly that bad and I'm not exactly factoring the bonus challenge ones in with the mystic ore because I'm probably still months out from significant end game type character setups to even consider looking at those.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Kale posted:

Amazingly the very first extreme challenge is the one I just can't seem to do on the Phantom Flow event because the buff is just kind of trash in comparison to the others and even going ham on food, buffs and my best characters doing quick rotations my record is like 20 down or so before the 3 minutes are up. It doesn't help that you can only see the 25 second thing ticking down and not the 3 minutes, but to be honest it's hard as gently caress trying to manage either of the conditions for me.

Still would be nice to get a sense of how I'm doing on both fronts throughout it. The plunging attack and sumo wrestling one I had zero issue with clearing all the way up through extreme because the electrogranum buffs are actually pretty good for clearing out enemy waves on their own (kind of makes a huge difference when following the condition just flat out kills enemies rather than relies on your characters elemental bursts) and it's just way less intense on the conditions without the 25 second kill thing. Same thing last time there was one of these types of events where I really struggled with one of them in the Golden Island Archipelago (The one where you're running around trying to balance shooting targets and killing poo poo) where the buff was just not up to snuff with the other ones. I think it was the one where Earth shields reflected some damage back on the enemies which didn't help worth poo poo.

This one is nowhere near as kind of unpleasant as that one was though and I'm not just struggling to even do it on the lowest difficulty setting like that one. I just find it funny that I had the most trouble with the first one so far. 8 for 9 is hardly that bad and I'm not exactly factoring the bonus challenge ones in with the mystic ore because I'm probably still months out from significant end game type character setups to even consider looking at those.

All these challenges can more or less be done by only doing the stage gimmick, IIRC. Get 3 people together than you can burst off with, set yourself up to recharge a ton of energy, always have the Electrogranum on you, and chain 3 bursts together once you've got the energy. You'll do ~90k damage with the stage gimmick, which added to your team's damage aught to be enough to get you the W. Remember that your only time limit is 25 seconds per kill, if you're cutting it close target a low-health rando over the big guys.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

All these challenges can more or less be done by only doing the stage gimmick, IIRC. Get 3 people together than you can burst off with, set yourself up to recharge a ton of energy, always have the Electrogranum on you, and chain 3 bursts together once you've got the energy. You'll do ~90k damage with the stage gimmick, which added to your team's damage aught to be enough to get you the W. Remember that your only time limit is 25 seconds per kill, if you're cutting it close target a low-health rando over the big guys.

Yeah I just realized that there's a gimmick for that one now too where 3 bursts together within about 10 seconds causes lightning to insta-kill the enemies. After realizing that it was just a matter of getting a good rhythm going too. Ended up switching Ayaka out for Ningguang since her burst just plain charges way faster and it was off to the races. Thanks for the tip.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 23, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Next Abyss rotation will have a stacking Noblesse-like buff, and I'm excited to have the easiest time clearing it out of all three phases. The 2.1 Abyss will also have some burst spam love, especially if you can somehow chain 7 bursts together.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

Next Abyss rotation will have a stacking Noblesse-like buff, and I'm excited to have the easiest time clearing it out of all three phases. The 2.1 Abyss will also have some burst spam love, especially if you can somehow chain 7 bursts together.
My recollection is the default genshin stack behavior is weird and getting a new stack will refresh the duration of the count down. So for the 2.1 buff you have to do is use one burst every 15 seconds and once you've bursted 7 times you'll start exploding things. (The 2.0 third cycle buff specifically mentions independent timers so it will not work this way)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

My recollection is the default genshin stack behavior is weird and getting a new stack will refresh the duration of the count down. So for the 2.1 buff you have to do is use one burst every 15 seconds and once you've bursted 7 times you'll start exploding things. (The 2.0 third cycle buff specifically mentions independent timers so it will not work this way)

I really wish we could get damage / combat logs like in an MMO, so I can actually see what's going on in a fight after the fact. Oh what statuses were boosting us when.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I really wish we could get damage / combat logs like in an MMO, so I can actually see what's going on in a fight after the fact. Oh what statuses were boosting us when.

And see how much damage each party member is doing, too.