Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

LonsomeSon posted:

Nah, we confront public bigotry IN PUBLIC and defeat it IN PUBLIC.

And, it’s deeply hosed to demand that others be silent about it for your comfort

Debating the definition of "organized" is not bigotry or the fighting thereof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

LonsomeSon posted:

I would like for you, personally, to log off and go seek out for yourself the fate which these people want to inflict on myself and my children.

Regardless, my posts were an attempt to impress on you how profoundly dickish your need to keep ‘splaining on this topic is, n o t an invitation for you to continue to be, once again, flagrantly condescending.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

First of all I am not the person you seem to think you are responding to. Second, I am Jewish, left of Pinochet, and mentally ill. I know what they want to do to me, because they already did it to some of my relatives.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/manicsquirrel/status/1429257346795122689?s=20

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Nothing beats Christian brainwashing.
Teaching hatred for thousands of years.

One day we may remove that tumor in societys rear end.
But not for a long long time.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
The second-hardest I've laughed recently was when those things started showing up in my FB feed.

The hardest is when the ones from Koch Industries showed up.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

left of Pinochet

Wow that is insanely far left....

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

OgNar posted:

Nothing beats Christian religious brainwashing.

I'm getting pretty old and still remain astonished at how easy people will believe horrible poo poo because "god said so". I'm not trying to be Smug Atheist Guy about poo poo at all but would be lying if I were to say it didn't scare me just how easy this is to do.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Now I'm reminded of those "Tuttle Twins" books that Hannity pushes on his radio show (and Rush also did, before he died). I don't know anything about them but they're probably not as stupid as the "Rush Revere" books where Rush uses a talking horse to teach kids about (whitewashed) American history using time travel.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm getting pretty old and still remain astonished at how easy people will believe horrible poo poo because "god said so". I'm not trying to be Smug Atheist Guy about poo poo at all but would be lying if I were to say it didn't scare me just how easy this is to do.

But Christianity is the funniest because it's so explicitly anti-wealth. God literally kills people for hoarding wealth and rich people just skim over that part.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I figured that Kirk Cameron’s Christmas movie was going to be misguided poo poo regardless. What I didn’t expect was finding out that it twists Christianity around to justify crazy holiday consumerism. I thought he would at least go after consumerism for shifting the holiday away from Jesus. Evangelical Christianity always finds a way to make money for the insiders.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

PerniciousKnid posted:

But Christianity is the funniest because it's so explicitly anti-wealth. God literally kills people for hoarding wealth and rich people just skim over that part.

Love how the same assholes who think the Bible is literally true get all "ackshually it was a gate in Jeruselum :words:" when you bring up the camel through the eye of the needle

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Saint Peter literally summons the Holy Ghost to annihilate a rich dude for trying to hide some his wealth

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

I figured that Kirk Cameron’s Christmas movie was going to be misguided poo poo regardless. What I didn’t expect was finding out that it twists Christianity around to justify crazy holiday consumerism. I thought he would at least go after consumerism for shifting the holiday away from Jesus. Evangelical Christianity always finds a way to make money for the insiders.

Before he went insane and became a chud himself, I watched Brad Jones' Midnight Screenings review of that movie and it was the most hilarious thing in the world as he slowly came to grips with Cameron's consumerist insanity. And then to find out less than 5 years later he basically became Kirk Cameron himself, fuuuuuck :negative:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 23, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Saint Peter literally summons the Holy Ghost to annihilate a rich dude for trying to hide some his wealth

The justification for that one from right wingers is that "Well he said that he would give all his money to the church and then he didn't, if he had said he was keeping some for himself it would have been perfectly fine!"

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You're slapfighting on the internet because someone's anti-chud take is slightly different from yours, not confronting bigotry

this is a black hole i often feel the immense mental pull of

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Before he went insane and became a chud himself, I watched Brad Jones' Midnight Screenings review of that movie and it was the most hilarious thing in the world as he slowly came to grips with Cameron's consumerist insanity. And then to find out less than 5 years later he basically became Kirk Cameron himself, fuuuuuck :negative:

What’s the TLDR on this? I had to look it up to know you were talking about the CinemaSnob guy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Someone's opened fire at the protests:
https://twitter.com/PDXzane/status/1429606168989552645?s=20

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Reports of Proud Boys and 'Antifa'.
Police say they wont intervene.
Likely because Proud Boys are their recruits.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1429610871571976197?s=20

They got the guy

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

OgNar posted:

Nothing beats Christian brainwashing.
Teaching hatred for thousands of years.

One day we may remove that tumor in societys rear end.
But not for a long long time.

We're working on it. Religion is dying slightly every year in the US

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

What’s the TLDR on this? I had to look it up to know you were talking about the CinemaSnob guy.

Yeah, I'm talking about the Cinema Snob. Basically in 2018 when Channel Awesome was falling apart after the revelation of the horrific abuse by its senior staff of its various video producers all at once by a few of them going "enough", literally everyone walked away from the site and away from Doug Walker (aka The Nostalgia Critic) except for Brad Jones. He was the one person who looked at all the allegations against Doug, his brother Rob, and Mike Michaud, Channel Awesome's owner and said "Yes, these are my people. I am staying with them and going all-in on this sinking ship of fools", including destroying several long-time friendships with other producers like Allison Pregler (Obsurus Lupa) and Lewis Luvhog (Linkara) in the process AND also losing several real life long-time friends over it too like the whole Midnight Screenings crew.

Over the intervening few years since his entire social circle abandoned him for deciding to the one person out of 50 to stick it out with a group of well-documented abusers, he's slowly either drifted rightward politically or merely went mask off and is now just seen as a loving rear end in a top hat who betrayed all his friends for the sake of the goddamn Nostalgia Critic of all people.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 23, 2021

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

that's fascinating. thanks. it's amazing to notice the comorbidities to poo poo like that and Rightward Drift™

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The CinemaSnob isn't a chud he's just a dumbass GenXer. Guy actually liked Hillary Clinton, as a person.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

The CinemaSnob isn't a chud he's just a dumbass GenXer. Guy actually liked Hillary Clinton, as a person.

I mean his Twitter follows are a now a slew of chuds and chud actors like Kevin Sorbo and Gina Carano and he routinely now makes jokes about cancel culture, being woke, and getting triggered, so if walks like a chud, talks like a chud, and pals around with a bunch of chuds... I dunno, I'm not great at pattern recognition.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mantis42 posted:

A corporatist warhawk who used racism in her followers to fulfill her agenda? You gotta be chudly to like her.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

None of that is true at all, you can skim his twitter and you won't see poo poo about "Cancel Culture" or SJWs or whatever. He made fun of people who called Green Book racist without having seen it because he liked that lovely movie because he's a boring succlib. Like half of his Snob videos from the past 5 years have been making fun of pro Trump movies or Christian propaganda films.

Like he's still lovely for standing by Doug instead of the other CA people, don't get me wrong, but my brain is full of too much information about internet people and I'm too pedantic to not correct this lol. It's like when Louis CK came back from sexpest exile and everyone pretended his new standup routine was chud propaganda because they were already predisposed to dislike him.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

lobster shirt posted:

Wow that is insanely far left....

It's sufficiently leftist to be marked for death by the fash. Are you just emerging from a 20-year coma?
Like have you seriously not noticed Republicans calling Pelosi a radical Communist and talking about the American radical left?

Or are you like seriously just ignorant of fascism in general? If you are not sufficiently fascist, you are a radical enemy of it. That's why we are where we are today, in part. Because Conservatives demand ever increasing performative actions of extreme devotion and general extremism. The overton window must constantly shift rightwards because any sort of 'wait, maybe we've gone too far this time' is immediately shouted down as leftist claptrap.

I was stating the bare minimum reasons why I am very much aware of what the fash want to do to me, in response to a deranged post wishing death or torture upon me for... I honestly don't even loving know what the gently caress. I'm an anti-capitalist leftist who wants radical solutions for the radical problems. I believe the only good fascist is a dead fascist. The things I want done are things I generally am not allowed to say on these forums. I was simply pointing out that the mere fact I am not a fascist is sufficient political grounds for execution. As is being a Jew, as is my atheism, as is having bipolar disorder, as probably is my genetic predisposition to high cholesterol.
Fascists murder people. That is what they do. That is what they are. They do not really need reasons for it, because by definition fascism is about violence for the sake of violence. There are a billion 'valid' reasons why fascists would want to torture and/or murder people like me, and people like you, and all these 'reasons' are ultimately just excuses because the only real reason is because they like it. Because they are monsters who have decided to opt out of the human race and to worship violence and death.

EDIT: And Crow, I feel you. I love how the Cinema Snob did a lot of 80s sleazy horror and proper exploitation movies that other reviewers just don't really cover. And he was, and I assume still is, a funny and talented dude. But gently caress him for sticking with that piece of poo poo Doug.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

None of that is true at all, you can skim his twitter and you won't see poo poo about "Cancel Culture" or SJWs or whatever. He made fun of people who called Green Book racist without having seen it because he liked that lovely movie because he's a boring succlib. Like half of his Snob videos from the past 5 years have been making fun of pro Trump movies or Christian propaganda films.

Like he's still lovely for standing by Doug instead of the other CA people, don't get me wrong, but my brain is full of too much information about internet people and I'm too pedantic to not correct this lol. It's like when Louis CK came back from sexpest exile and everyone pretended his new standup routine was chud propaganda because they were already predisposed to dislike him.

I suppose that’s a fair call. I appreciate that at the end of the day we can all still agree that “gently caress Brad Jones” is a cool and good position to hold nowadays.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/status/1429797912297476105?s=20

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

He's literally already released lol

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The higher ups at Fox News must have gotten the memo that ending the forever war in Afghanistan was popular, or that Trump was largely responsible, because the bit I heard from them today was "Biden pulling out of Afghanistan isn't the problem, that's fine, it's how he completely screwed up the evacuation of translators and Americans and pro American Afghans."

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
You mean that thing that we're doing literally right this second?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Joe did botch this initially, and we’re playing catch up now. That said if Donnie was still in office they’d probably be cheering him on for abandoning our people over there.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Twelve by Pies posted:

The higher ups at Fox News must have gotten the memo that ending the forever war in Afghanistan was popular, or that Trump was largely responsible, because the bit I heard from them today was "Biden pulling out of Afghanistan isn't the problem, that's fine, it's how he completely screwed up the evacuation of translators and Americans and pro American Afghans."

So the party of "bomb them all, let Allah sort it out!" and "Just turn the nation in to a glass parking lot it's what all the RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS deserve" suddenly cares about people living in Afghanistan? Fox can eat the corn from my week-old poo poo with their bad faith criticism.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Like I said. If Donnie had abandoned people over there they’d be cheering and bending over backwards to justify it. I do expect the winds to change when more permanent settlement of the refugees starts up though. Suddenly they’re not going to like them again.

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal
I do really like that Conor Friedersdorf has become an object of ridicule for so many. There are so many "centrist" assholes like him out there, but for some reason he gets under my skin more than most.
https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1429475307526971405

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JohnClark posted:

I do really like that Conor Friedersdorf has become an object of ridicule for so many. There are so many "centrist" assholes like him out there, but for some reason he gets under my skin more than most.

I think it's because he's legitimately very stupid.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1430263015085989889?s=20

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Buck Sexton says the vaccine is dangerous and "new information" coming out of Israel PROVES the vaccine doesn't work. So we're in for a long summer of covidiots eating horse meds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

But really it's the libs that are violent the way they torched cities with BLM and those violent events certainly weren't spurred on by cops unloading munitions into crowds protesting the indiscriminate use of munitions and violence from police